How much channeling do venos need?

sailormoon4ever
sailormoon4ever Posts: 15 Arc User
edited January 2015 in Venomancer
I recently bought 2 TT-based G15 weapons, one with +10% channeling and the other with +20 atk lvl. I intend to keep only 1 and resell the other cause I can't afford to keep both. b:cry Unfortunately, since they bind on equip, I can't try them out first.

I'd like to know how much channeling I need as a veno. I have 27% channeling right now (6 neck, 6 belt, 6 sleeve, 6 ring, 3 ring). The 10% channeling weapon [glaive] would put me at 37%. The +20 atk weapon [sword] will gimme 20% stronger heal and damage, and also much more melee damage in fox form (I like to play fox form and sword has better physical damage).

If not for pet healing, I would pick the +20 atk. But I use my pet a lot for boss fighting. So not sure if the extra channeling is better or the more reliable heal range (sword has smaller damage range than glaive) and stronger heal would be better.

How much channeling should venos aim for? I'm guessing there's a point where channeling meets diminishing returns to make it not worth going further?
Post edited by sailormoon4ever on

Comments

• Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    27 is fine. I'd go with the +20 atk levels and then make g16 down the road whenever you get the mold.

Also, atk levels don't affect heals.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • sailormoon4ever
    sailormoon4ever Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Also, atk levels don't affect heals.

Yikes! I thought I read somewhere that it was slaying levels that didn't affect healing which is why morai weapons are considered bad for clerics.

Ok, I just did a google and it looks like atk level suffers the same fate. :(
  • wolf#3884
    wolf#3884 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Yikes! I thought I read somewhere that it was slaying levels that didn't affect healing which is why morai weapons are considered bad for clerics.

Ok, I just did a google and it looks like atk level suffers the same fate. :(

To be exact the problem with the morai weapons when it comes to healing is the low magic attack of the weapon because it relies on Slaying Lv for it's high dmg ... typical healing relies only on standard number values + XYZ% of your magic attack (refines increases your magic attack -> your heals). Fair = no , logical = yes

Phoenix_Eye
  • Mobeta - Heavens Tear
    Mobeta - Heavens Tear Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    As a veno i would take the -10 chan over the atk. You will be able to tank with pets better to farm things you couldnt without it. It gives you an advantage when taming pets. In squads the chan helps you get your debuffs off faster. In PVP you arent going to one shot people much with a G15 weapon so you will find being able to beat someone to a stun or purge ect more useful.
  • zenmonkeyzzz
    zenmonkeyzzz Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    A lot depends on whether you plan to go G16 ( vana 3 ) soon. There you'll get +40 att levels guaranteed but only a small chance of any channeling ( -3% I think, which is nothing if you already have 27%).

If healing is your concern, go for the wand or sword ( smaller range - ie guaranteed better lower heal). If you have anything less than a Herc / Nix you'll pull aggro from your pet most of the time anyway with a G16 weapon.

I'm full Vana 3 and only have the 6% you get from the bracers + 6% from lunar ring. I used to be obsessed with my damage though ( to do Warsong full back in the days before Nuemas and Avatars).

For PvP, channeling would be more important but the only time I miss not having more is when I solo Phoenix Valley 100 and just wish I could get AoEs off quicker.
  • DeffyNature - Archosaur
    DeffyNature - Archosaur Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Years ago I used to be on the '-chan' bandwagon and stacked considerable amounts.
    However, I soon realized that the content I was doing didn't need it at all, since being pure magic allowed me to heal pets just fine.
    After pets evolved and with 3rd cast Nirvana, I strongly think there is no real need for it; that depends on your gear and pet choice, however, and what you want to solo.
    If you have a pet that evolves, then using phys defense ornaments will help your pet gain more tankyness. Pets will also inherit a percentage of your attack levels, so that will help with DDing as well.
    I would advise against the -chan weapon, 20 attack levels are way more useful.
    However, if you plan on getting the weapon to 3rd cast, you will get 40 attack levels, along with much better stats, in which case I'd say sell both weapons, since they have really good adds and buy a cheaper one with whatever stats, since those won't matter after you recast it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]