Pill is the end of Good Seekers?

Yajirushi - Raging Tide
Yajirushi - Raging Tide Posts: 14 Arc User
edited January 2015 in Seeker
How many others think that with the lv. 95 Pill also comes an army of Vortex hos?

I'm worried for this class because people think it is a tank and think that it can handle oh so much.

But all they do is Vortex with BP?

That's not a good Seeker.
Post edited by Yajirushi - Raging Tide on

Comments

• Nudimmud - Lost City
    Nudimmud - Lost City Posts: 175 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    The pill brought about lots of crappily geared people who have no idea how to play for every class.

Its a frustrating situation for everyone that worked hard on their toons, no matter the class.
  • Seek_NK - Harshlands
    Seek_NK - Harshlands Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I'd gladly 1 shot them and move on
    youtube.com/c/SeekPWI
  • belnor
    belnor Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Well I think the skilled seekers out there need to demonstrate consistently what a seekers true abilities are. If that happens then the new recruits that really care about their characters will recognize that and want to emulate them.

Even before the 95 pills there was problems with people who power leveled their seekers and thought they lived in vortex. Some of them are still out there. If that's what the new seekers see then they may just assume that's what a seeker's job is.

If we want to avoid this we need to lead by example. Also remember to use a little patience when they question about how to learn more and improve. We should also encourage them to be active in the forums as there is still a lot of good and useful information to be had here.

Just my 2 cents.
  • Colum - Raging Tide
    Colum - Raging Tide Posts: 1,696 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    belnor wrote: »
    Well I think the skilled seekers out there need to demonstrate consistently what a seekers true abilities are. If that happens then the new recruits that really care about their characters will recognize that and want to emulate them.

Even before the 95 pills there was problems with people who power leveled their seekers and thought they lived in vortex. Some of them are still out there. If that's what the new seekers see then they may just assume that's what a seeker's job is.

If we want to avoid this we need to lead by example. Also remember to use a little patience when they question about how to learn more and improve. We should also encourage them to be active in the forums as there is still a lot of good and useful information to be had here.

Just my 2 cents.

The problem is... most people are too stubborn to learn from example and will continue doing things their way. Know many seekers who tell me they gotta vortex bosses and using debuffs is waste of time. b:shutup
    Leader of Cyanure on Valonsurma and a proud member of Vertu
    Demon Strength Barbarian 103/103/101

Demon Pure Mag Cleric 102/102/101 | Demon 4 APS Assassin 102/102/101 | Demon Pure Mag Mystic 102/101/101 | Demon Pure Mag Psychic 100/100/93 | Demon 4 APS-Barbarian 100/100 | HA-venomancer 100 | DPH Assassin 100 | Pure Mag Wizard 100 | Demon Pure Mag Stormbringer 96 | Demon DPS Archer 94 | Sage Vit Barbarian 93 | Demon All-Path Blademaster 93 | Str Seeker 86 | Pure Mag Venomancer 81 | Pure Mag Wizard 81 | Pure Dex Duskblade 47
  • bloodedone87
    bloodedone87 Posts: 1,883 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    The problem is... most people are too stubborn to learn from example and will continue doing things their way. Know many seekers who tell me they gotta vortex bosses and using debuffs is waste of time. b:shutup

OMG. I was on Storm in a 69 run with a seeker lvl100 few days ago that insisted to vortex nob and pole over and over even if he died alot of times before he could solo the bosses. And he vortex them one by one.
    I was like: '' should i tell him the vortex is not a thing to use on bosses or should I let him struggle again and again'' And he didnt debuff the bosses too. And when he set the first time the vortex on nob was in the wrong spot and guess what?... pole camed with his mobs that follow him and killed the guy.
    And he was like : ''I dont know whats with me today''
    In my mind: you fail as seeker . thats what is with you today and everyday.
    And other idiot in squad said: yu dont got BP. It would have been much easier if you could get a sin for BP.
    In my mind: No he doesnt need bp to use vortex , he needs to use vortex at all. he needs to start with heart shatter or mind shatter or soul shatter. And then use skills. or any other option but not vortex.
    There is a time and place for vortex or aoe skills.Killing bosses is not that time.
    Seekers must understand they are not BM. Their vortex is not HF. He doesnt help the rest of sqaud. Vortex doesnt help them either actually with or without BP.
    The reason why I let him struggle was for the reason that everytime i try tell ppl what they should do( when i see them fail) they go like:
    I know how to play my class
    I dont like being told what to do
    I play this game for 5 years. I know how to play it very well.
    So i let them fail over and over even if it means my own character to die too.
    giphy.gif

• sjampie
    sjampie Posts: 624 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    So i let them fail over and over even if it means my own character to die too.

Almost the same for me, except I like to survive a 'semi-squadwipe'. I know people have to learn how their class works (so they die a lot) but was unlucky enough to run some instances with lvl100 players. They actually set their toons on follow so I did the killing while 1 noob only awakened to get the drops and nuema lol. Luckely for all of us (on RT server) there are seekers who know how to play, we just need to find them.
  • DionDagger - Dreamweaver
    DionDagger - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,140 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    How many others think that with the lv. 95 Pill also comes an army of Vortex hos?

I'm worried for this class because people think it is a tank and think that it can handle oh so much.

How is this any different from before? Most seekers are still trash and still vortex bosses due to plain laziness, even the 'good' ones. And who ever thought seeker was a tank class, does not know what the word tank means.
  • StellaNova - Raging Tide
    StellaNova - Raging Tide Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    That I can only vortex seeker, was a problem even before the lvl pill - seen a few on RT at least, can't say for other servers....

And as others mention, it's not only seekers going bad, but all classes is affected by it - hopefully some ppl will learn from other players.
    Miss my Avatar b:sad

Starfall Marshall b:victory
  • Evryn - Morai
    Evryn - Morai Posts: 1,437 Arc User
    edited January 2015

Meh. Same can be said of a Cleric who only BBs.
    Or a BM that thinks the only skill he has is HF.
    Or a sin that thinks BP and 4+ aps means immunity from damage.

Playing like that shows that toon's an alt and you've not invested into learning the class. Sure, you're going to get a bunch of those, and they'll be mediocre at best. But still useful enough.

That said, vovo after debuffs can make sense - vortex is one of the hardest hitting skills Seekers have, and it's a lazybutton skill (useful if you are dualclienting and focus your other toon). It's a bit mana inefficient to use it like that though.
    I'm so P.R.O... I Press Respawn Often.

Ulsyr 103/103/104 BM. Working on the last R9 part (Axe).
    Khelvan 103/103/103 LA Cler. LA? LA. Deal with it.
    Evryn 103/102/101 Sagely Mystical Myst of Mystiness.
    Gromth 102/102/102 Sage Panda.
    StoneSnake - Snakeshop for everyone's common stones.
  • jackielaw
    jackielaw Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Ever pulled Lunar on T3 archer?

Pulls, pulls, BOA, dead.

But with T3 seekers its like they heal every 2 second and heal depending on the damage they deal to any mob cummulatively/additively. Now that's the strong part of vortex. More mobs = more heals from BP.

On bosses though, vortex does heal you well as it hits boss 3 times per 2-3 seconds I think and heals seeker that much as well.

It's like having BB and BoA at same time in my opinion.

Again just my observation.
  • belnor
    belnor Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    jackielaw wrote: »
    But with T3 seekers its like they heal every 2 second and heal depending on the damage they deal to any mob cummulatively/additively. Now that's the strong part of vortex. More mobs = more heals from BP.

This is also true when using Ion Spike, Gemini Slash, Dark Cloud Bolt and Stalagstrike. These however can (depending on where you're at with your primal skills) mark the targets and stun them or cause them to take more damage or make them hit for less.
    jackielaw wrote: »
    On bosses though, vortex does heal you well as it hits boss 3 times per 2-3 seconds I think and heals seeker that much as well.

There isn't anything wrong with using vortex as part of your attack strategy on a boss. However if that's the only thing you do at every boss, you're really under using your abilities and doing a disservice to yourself and your squad.