nix or harpy

chase1435
chase1435 Posts: 11
edited December 2014 in Venomancer
Recently, I have started to feel a bit disconnected from my veno, so to help me rekindle my love for her, I decided to buy her a new pet. I currently have the ev herc which is great. I use it for everything just because i never have to heal it. XD Lazy OP.
My question is which pet should i get? Cost isn't a factor really.
I want a dd pet but cant decide. My veno is mostly pve with the few tw here and there. I use my cleric for pvp as she is full r9rr where as my veno is t3.
I really trying to decide between a nix or a harpy. Im not sure on the monkey DD'ing ability, its more pvp.
So i suppose which out of the nix/harpy do you prefer? Im leaning towards nix since its good for pve dd and tw.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Ibunneh - Raging Tide
    Ibunneh - Raging Tide Posts: 225 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Harpy dominates the nix in all PvE aspects imo
    I love chicken wings and french fries! Yasssb:chuckle
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited December 2014
    Phoenixes have become more of an outdated luxury, truth be told. Monkeys dominate PvP, Hercs dominate PvP tanking, Harpies dominate PvE DDing. As you already have an evolved herc, tanking isn't a concern for you so the Phoenix really can't even say it could do that over the harpy situationally.

In short, grab the Harpy and don't look back. Unless you like the way Phoenixes look more in which case you'd have a reason to get one.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Marengo - Lost City
    Marengo - Lost City Posts: 771 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Nix isn't bad in many aspects but isn't best at any of them. It costs much less than harpy tho. If the cost isn't a factor, probably harpy is the better option and you can get monkey later, if you are interested in pvp. If you get it, you won't summon nix anymore. And if you don't need pvp that much, harpy will serve you better.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/elmarise
    pw art ◊ tinyurl.com/q6ca7ar ◊
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Nix only fills the "jack of all trades, master of none" pet role now. It's a good DD pet, but Harpy is better; it has a role in PVP, but the Monkey is better; it's a decent tank pet, but the Herc is better unless you load up the Nix with Herc buffs, and even then an evolved Herc will hold aggro better than an evolved Nix.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • opkossy
    edited December 2014
    Nix only fills the "jack of all trades, master of none" pet role now. It's a good DD pet, but Harpy is better; it has a role in PVP, but the Monkey is better; it's a decent tank pet, but the Herc is better unless you load up the Nix with Herc buffs, and even then an evolved Herc will hold aggro better than an evolved Nix.

This.

Phoenixes are by no means a bad pet... they're just outclassed in every way by other pets now. The only place where they might be considered best is looks and that's subjective so... yeah. b:surrender
  • CANUS_MAJOR - Archosaur
    CANUS_MAJOR - Archosaur Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    OPKossy wrote: »
    This.

Phoenixes are by no means a bad pet... they're just outclassed in every way by other pets now. The only place where they might be considered best is looks and that's subjective so... yeah. b:surrender

I dont know bout u kossy, but harpy looks like a sexy digi..ehemm handheld based digital monster b:laugh
    The loudest person in the room, usually has the least to say... b:chuckle
  • opkossy
    edited December 2014
    I dont know bout u kossy, but harpy looks like a sexy digi..ehemm handheld based digital monster b:laugh

This is why your Harpy likes to stay on hold position instead of follow. b:laugh
  • chase1435
    chase1435 Posts: 11
    edited December 2014
    Ill get the harpy. Since pets are a non factor in pvp anymore for the most part.
    As i said b4, i pvp on my cleric way more than my veno. My veno is mainly pve with a few tws thrown in to keep it fun. Same account so rarely, do i nw on my veno.
    On raging tides, not many have the harpy and nix so i wasnt sure on which was more suited for me specially since most want pvp and the monkey is king for that.
    Thanks for the input :D
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited December 2014

This is what I was thinking. Phoenixes are still cheaper than harpies, so if you don't have any pet a nix could be good to cover all aspects of the game.
  • erokes
    erokes Posts: 195 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Before losing net funding, I was given the harpy plumes as a bday gift ((SUPER EXCITED that night)) And I only managed to get her to 80s so I've not really seen her power as much then and was feeling down about her abilities but after reading this I'm more than excited to evolve her!

Even though I'm pve ~ I might even consider the monkey king too .. And that's a HUGE might...
    1zcj1jr.jpg

Xenryu ~ Chaotic Soul Venomancer {Retired}

A Horrified Fashionsta

~*~ I now reside in the game called Real Life with my husband LordLunaris ~*~
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Her ability to deal ranged damage, AOE ranged stun and AOE in general are good even in the low levels but you gotta play through the game with her to notice it.

At higher levels, a low level Harpy might not shine much, but it's different when she evolves and gains a huge boost in her damage from Inherit stats, mood skills (Wraithslayer, attack buff) and her evolution skill (gains HP and more skill damage).

I honestly felt the same way before I evolved her and for a moment I questioned whether it was a waste to buy her. My opinion completely changed after I evolved her and started using her properly.

As far as the Phoenix goes, I agree with Mayfly. It's pretty much a jack-of-all-trades pet at this point, which isn't a bad thing. That's actually great for someone who can only afford one legendary pet and wants to use it for multiple tasks (DD, PvP, some tanking). It's good as an all-around pet.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★