Stupid things people brag about

Colum - Raging Tide
Colum - Raging Tide Posts: 1,696 Arc User
edited November 2014 in Arigora Colosseum
I'm not sure how it's going on other servers but... here on RT you occasionally run into people who think it is SO COOL that they killed someone in situation x while theyre better geared than the people who died.

For example, I had an FS run going, we had a certain mystic who acted like a **** constantly (simply just making pointless, irritating comments) so I got finally tired of it and kicked him out when he said I was just too slow at picking the pages which is why someone else took them.

The guy has r9rr+12 weapon and +7 armor, whereas my barb is T3 +5 (+7 cape, +10 axes and helmet) with r9rr belt and ring. I attacked the person, so did some other people (lesser geared than I am) and they got all 1 shot by this mystic's AOE except psychic and me. Now he focused on me, he had triple sparked to kill us and it took him 3 hits to take me down while I was in human form, I think 2 10k hits and one bit lower one. Mystic got killed as well by the psychic in our squad and I hit him for 7k once we were back at the entrace.

No big deal, I wanted rid of the guy in my squad and I got rid of him so I was ready to continue the run. Did it end there? Of course not. The person goes to brag on world chat how he killed entire squad (all of the squad members did not die) and how I am an easy kill.

I mean... really? The person bragged about 3 shotting a T3 barb while he triple sparked with r9rr+12 weapon. What is glorious in that? Good T3+10 casters can 1-2 shot me.

This is just one example. It seems as if being able to kill lesser geared players makes you good or something... b:shocked
Leader of Cyanure on Valonsurma and a proud member of Vertu
Demon Strength Barbarian 103/103/101

Demon Pure Mag Cleric 102/102/101 | Demon 4 APS Assassin 102/102/101 | Demon Pure Mag Mystic 102/101/101 | Demon Pure Mag Psychic 100/100/93 | Demon 4 APS-Barbarian 100/100 | HA-venomancer 100 | DPH Assassin 100 | Pure Mag Wizard 100 | Demon Pure Mag Stormbringer 96 | Demon DPS Archer 94 | Sage Vit Barbarian 93 | Demon All-Path Blademaster 93 | Str Seeker 86 | Pure Mag Venomancer 81 | Pure Mag Wizard 81 | Pure Dex Duskblade 47
Post edited by Colum - Raging Tide on

Comments

• krisnda
    krisnda Posts: 4,655 Community Moderator
    edited October 2014
    I'm not sure how it's going on other servers but... here on RT you occasionally run into people who think it is SO COOL that they killed someone in situation x while theyre better geared than the people who died.

For example, I had an FS run going, we had a certain mystic who acted like a **** constantly (simply just making pointless, irritating comments) so I got finally tired of it and kicked him out when he said I was just too slow at picking the pages which is why someone else took them.

The guy has r9rr+12 weapon and +7 armor, whereas my barb is T3 +5 (+7 cape, +10 axes and helmet) with r9rr belt and ring. I attacked the person, so did some other people (lesser geared than I am) and they got all 1 shot by this mystic's AOE except psychic and me. Now he focused on me, he had triple sparked to kill us and it took him 3 hits to take me down while I was in human form, I think 2 10k hits and one bit lower one. Mystic got killed as well by the psychic in our squad and I hit him for 7k once we were back at the entrace.

No big deal, I wanted rid of the guy in my squad and I got rid of him so I was ready to continue the run. Did it end there? Of course not. The person goes to brag on world chat how he killed entire squad (all of the squad members did not die) and how I am an easy kill.

I mean... really? The person bragged about 3 shotting a T3 barb while he triple sparked with r9rr+12 weapon. What is glorious in that? Good T3+10 casters can 1-2 shot me.

This is just one example. It seems as if being able to kill lesser geared players makes you good or something... b:shocked

Just goes to show how petty and childish people are these days.
  • Joe - Morai
    Joe - Morai Posts: 1,299 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Yep, thats how unrealistic people think and act these days. If you on th eother hand would have killed that mystic then, imho, you would have all rights to brag about the nub as an example. People doing th eunexpected is worth a mention. People doing less then the expected shouldn't be mentioned, especially not by themselves. The way they blame themselves...oh well.
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
  • HideYoHubby - Archosaur
    HideYoHubby - Archosaur Posts: 995 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    So you kick somebody from FSP squad and attack them with others to which he reacts and kills most of your squad? I can completely understand somebody is pissed and takes it to WC if they have wasted their time for nothing. And really, if mass of people attacks you, beating the **** out of em is amusing, no matter their gear. I do have to ask, does RT as a whole consist of FSP squads which would get reckt by such mystic? Frankly, from the sound of it, that mystic isnt even "average" +10 armors/+12 wep R9.
    __Sami__ - Archer - 105/103/102 - mypers.pw/1.8/#132088 - Active
    HideYoHubby - Assassin - 105/101/101 - Inactive
    WnbTank - Barbarian - 103/101/101 - Catshop
  • Colum - Raging Tide
    edited October 2014
    So you kick somebody from FSP squad and attack them with others to which he reacts and kills most of your squad? I can completely understand somebody is pissed and takes it to WC if they have wasted their time for nothing. And really, if mass of people attacks you, beating the **** out of em is amusing, no matter their gear. I do have to ask, does RT as a whole consist of FSP squads which would get reckt by such mystic? Frankly, from the sound of it, that mystic isnt even "average" +10 armors/+12 wep R9.

I think it's fairly legit to kick someone at the point where they ***** at you and your squadmates based on rumors. If I am the squadleader, I do not need to tolerate with that kind of ****. That's kinda wanting to get into trouble if you ask me.

If you would have read my first post carefully you'd know entire squad didn't get rekt. b:bye

Demon Pure Mag Cleric 102/102/101 | Demon 4 APS Assassin 102/102/101 | Demon Pure Mag Mystic 102/101/101 | Demon Pure Mag Psychic 100/100/93 | Demon 4 APS-Barbarian 100/100 | HA-venomancer 100 | DPH Assassin 100 | Pure Mag Wizard 100 | Demon Pure Mag Stormbringer 96 | Demon DPS Archer 94 | Sage Vit Barbarian 93 | Demon All-Path Blademaster 93 | Str Seeker 86 | Pure Mag Venomancer 81 | Pure Mag Wizard 81 | Pure Dex Duskblade 47
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Well depending on who you got in the squad, you're supposed to purge his 3 spark, knock him to the ground Purify be damned, disable his weapon, stack up a bunch of debuffs, and one shot him. Then go on WC and say "lololol rekt by T3s."

Then he's supposed to come on here, make a thread called "Stupid things people brag about," and post about how he got **** ganked by a squad and say "seems being able to gank someone to death make you good or something."
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Rhahiki - Morai
    Rhahiki - Morai Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Your post is just as guilthy as his wc ijs. It gives others something to read and laugh on forums or wc.

Tbh, in that mystic shoes I would laugh about you too even though I wouldn't feel the need to go wc about it. I mean seriously, you are the one that initiates the fight. Yet, you don't take it seriously. A prepaired barb with your gear needing 3 hits is the bare minimum (def charm > cornered beast > kill) but should be way longer to kill with paralyze spam, invoke, solid shield and apo (probably buffed as well) even without factoring in the others of the squad.
    edited October 2014
    I think it's fairly legit to kick someone at the point where they ***** at you and your squadmates based on rumors. If I am the squadleader, I do not need to tolerate with that kind of ****. That's kinda wanting to get into trouble if you ask me.

If you would have read my first post carefully you'd know entire squad didn't get rekt. b:bye

[27.10.2014 6:46:17] Jules: http://prntscr.com/5066yy
    [27.10.2014 6:46:46] Sam(i): http://prntscr.com/50671n

We did end up losing said battle but I`d say we still wrecked. I dont see much difference between getting killed by the last man standing and with what we did. In its essence, objective was left unfulfilled.

As for reasons to kick, I rather not take subjective viewpoints as facts. Maybe you had legit reason, maybe not, I cant ever know for sure. After the kick I can understand reaction, the times I join bad random squads on WC its usually frustrating, feeling like dragging the whole damn squad with you. Would I be kicked out of such squad when run is over halfway, I might get pissed.
  • christyyyoung
    christyyyoung Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    i was the "said psychic" and i personally think u all went off topic. his original question was never answered. he wanted to know about other servers having ppl brag in wc. i for one dont care if u brag if it actuallly happened...but ti blatantly lie to make urself look good? thats a while new ballgame...
  • Colum - Raging Tide
    edited October 2014
    Well depending on who you got in the squad, you're supposed to purge his 3 spark, knock him to the ground Purify be damned, disable his weapon, stack up a bunch of debuffs, and one shot him. Then go on WC and say "lololol rekt by T3s."

Then he's supposed to come on here, make a thread called "Stupid things people brag about," and post about how he got **** ganked by a squad and say "seems being able to gank someone to death make you good or something."

b:chuckle Well as far as I saw only 3 of us attacked him, me, psychic and a seeker. The mystic DID end up dying by the psychic after the mystic had used their triple spark and AD to kill me (and gale forced some random squad members). I suppose I could have lived but at that point I didnt really care tbh.

Eh, I wouldnt brag about being able to kill an r9rr by gank as they didnt have JOSD, top refines or very good card set. I'm however surprised how less they hit me with their +12 weapon.

[27.10.2014 6:46:17] Jules: http://prntscr.com/5066yy
    [27.10.2014 6:46:46] Sam(i): http://prntscr.com/50671n

We did end up losing said battle but I`d say we still wrecked. I dont see much difference between getting killed by the last man standing and with what we did. In its essence, objective was left unfulfilled.

As for reasons to kick, I rather not take objective viewpoints as facts. Maybe you had legit reason, maybe not, I cant ever know for sure. After the kick I can understand reaction, the times I join bad random squads on WC its usually frustrating, feeling like dragging the whole damn squad with you. Would I be kicked out of such squad when run is over halfway, I might get pissed.

My objective was to get the person out of the squad rather than be able to kill him, and that worked. Not that he would have got out without me attacking him anyway, however at that moment I was pissed off enough to do that.

You might not take my objective viewpoint as a fact, and that's fine. However, the squad could have been lot worse. Sure there were only one full r9rr which was him, however our BM and veno timed their debuffs well, seekers used their debuffs, bosses died rather quickly despite some people dying at Drake since the cleric wasn't healing at all, and despite the fact cleric had died at the start of toad and others had to pay attention to debuffs on them. The only big flaw I see is the cleric, and from mystic's viewpoint they could have ofc expected a faster run with more r9rrs but then again he was from the faction with the most r9rrs of the server and could have ran with his fac mates instead.

Sure you get upset when you get kicked out of squad. He should have seen that coming, though. I don't see anyone lasting in a squad for a long time if they constantly mock the other squad members.

• Yajirushi - Raging Tide
    Yajirushi - Raging Tide Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I was there and this mystic was a jerk from the first moment he joined the squad. He joined squad and IMMEDIATELY began taunting and berating Colum.

Not only did he continue, he taunted Colum for not keeping aggro at Drake. AFTER Colum said that he did not care about who tanked other bosses aside from Toad.

Perhaps this Mystic should learn to be respectful and not an *** hole? Just an idea.
  • unrefuted
    unrefuted Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    You know what else is stupid? People bragging how good/bad someone is based off how much damage they took/dealt. As if damage is not completely random within a range and can somehow be improved by being more skilled (hint: you can't).
  • Colum - Raging Tide
    edited October 2014
    unrefuted wrote: »
    You know what else is stupid? People bragging how good/bad someone is based off how much damage they took/dealt. As if damage is not completely random within a range and can somehow be improved by being more skilled (hint: you can't).

Idk where you got the bragging part from, numbers are simply part of the story. b:chuckle

As for taking damagre, I do expect to take higher damage from a mystic who is rb 2 with +12 weapon and decent cards/spirit.

• hiitsmeguys
    hiitsmeguys Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Please change thread name to "Stupid things people post on forum".
  • Colum - Raging Tide
    edited October 2014
    Please change thread name to "Stupid things people post on forum".

For that we have lower depths... b:chuckle

Wtb people to stay on topic.

• unrefuted
    edited October 2014

As for taking damagre, I do expect to take higher damage from a mystic who is rb 2 with +12 weapon and decent cards/spirit.

It's indirect bragging. By saying things such as "good seekers would've 1-2 shot me", you are implying that they suck because they didn't 1 shot you, so you are indirectly bragging that you're more skilled than them.
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited October 2014
    It's indirect bragging. By saying things such as "good seekers would've 1-2 shot me", you are implying that they suck because they didn't 1 shot you, so you are indirectly bragging that you're more skilled than them.

To be fair... if you're a 1-shot and know you're a 1-shot... yet someone who should 1-shot you doesn't, that's less about your own skill and more about the fact that they really do suck. It's like a level 80 player being unable to solo FB29. It says vastly more about the player than the instance if you're somehow unable to solo it by that level.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Colum - Raging Tide
    edited October 2014
    OPKossy wrote: »
    To be fair... if you're a 1-shot and know you're a 1-shot... yet someone who should 1-shot you doesn't, that's less about your own skill and more about the fact that they really do suck. It's like a level 80 player being unable to solo FB29. It says vastly more about the player than the instance if you're somehow unable to solo it by that level.

This is exactly my point. If I was bragging I'd be like "omg it took u 3 hits to finish me off while u triple sparked I'm so pro b:cool" but that is NOT what I am pointing out here, I'm actually disappointed and kinda ticked off how they called me an easy kill yet it took them that much effort to finish me off. I didn't even try to invoke/cornered beast to stay alive and I was charmless.

However, that's not the subject. I asked is this kind of behavior common on other servers or not, I am curious.

• ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited October 2014
    I once had someone brag to me in nation wars that they went in uncharmed because they weren't able to kill me although they were a level 100, low refined g16 and I was level 80. I was just wearing a free charm from codes because it's not like I can unequip it. But apparently using a charm in PVP makes me a noob somehow.

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    edited October 2014
    I once had someone brag to me in nation wars that they went in uncharmed because they weren't able to kill me although they were a level 100, low refined g16 and I was level 80. I was just wearing a free charm from codes because it's not like I can unequip it. But apparently using a charm in PVP makes me a noob somehow.

Wait till you have the joys of being somewhat geared and you happen to die in 10 ppl gank, half the time some 1shot will pm you and trashtalk you like they personally killed you. Whatever rocks their boat I guess.
  • unrefuted
    edited October 2014

That's not a really good analogy. If a lv 80 can't solo fb 29, might just be that they have no gears. We can say they suck at gearing themselves yes, but we can't say anything about their skill.

A better analogy would be two people damage testing on mobs. Two people with the exact same gears can use the exact same skill and do different damage. Does that mean one of them suck? No.
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited October 2014
    That's not a really good analogy. If a lv 80 can't solo fb 29, might just be that they have no gears. We can say they suck at gearing themselves yes, but we can't say anything about their skill.

A better analogy would be two people damage testing on mobs. Two people with the exact same gears can use the exact same skill and do different damage. Does that mean one of them suck? No.

You can solo FB29 as a level 80 in NPC armors. And, once again, if you somehow can't even do that it's saying a lot more about the player than the instance.

Your analogy, on the other hand, fails here because it has the two people doing the exact same thing which completely equalizes the two players. A more fitting example of the situation at hand is one I use frequently. I can handle APS with incredible ease on my lowbies in NW to the point where unless I have everything on CD, APS isn't gonna kill me and will likely let me kill you. Yet if these same people were to take half a second to use their brain and use skills on me instead, they'd absolutely destroy me. It's not that I'm extraordinarily good as there's only so much you can do in a lowbie in +5 gears. It's that these people are extremely bad and that's why they die to me when other opponents with the same gear range can kill me easily.

Your analogies are trying to imply it's something the OP did differently that they're bragging about being the cause of their survival or that it's variant damage to blame. What I'm explaining is that no... some people are just THAT bad. I've seen a level 100 cleric in full G15 Nirvana gear die in human FB19 before. Twice in a row. At that point, you can't say it's the instance being hard. You can't say it's that they somehow don't have the gear. The fact of the matter would be that the person in question was just -that bad-.

But we're straying from the topic at hand to debate this point. I'd be glad to continue in PMs if you'd like.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Lolgasmic - Raging Tide
    Lolgasmic - Raging Tide Posts: 1,315 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    No no no! Please. Continue in this thread.... So nice to read about drama outside the game as opposed to reading it inside the game.

b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Barbarian 103 - 101 - 101
    Started playing on March 2010
  • Xaner - Dreamweaver
    Xaner - Dreamweaver Posts: 195 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I got a perfect example of this,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X1gSowAoi1Y video for context..

The sin in this video said he was way better than me, and would brag alll day about killing me. When i finally got r9r3 +3 wep +7 gear i could tank him easy.. He has since shut up. Still, its funny how long he bragged.
  • DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver
    DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Pixels
    DarkSkiesx - Demon Archer
    mypers.pw/1.7/#114350

DarkSeasx - Sage Assassin
    mypers.pw/1.7/#136481

youtube.com/darkskiesx
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
  • unrefuted
    edited October 2014
    You can solo FB29 as a level 80 in NPC armors. And, once again, if you somehow can't even do that it's saying a lot more about the player than the instance.

Your analogy, on the other hand, fails here because it has the two people doing the exact same thing which completely equalizes the two players. A more fitting example of the situation at hand is one I use frequently. I can handle APS with incredible ease on my lowbies in NW to the point where unless I have everything on CD, APS isn't gonna kill me and will likely let me kill you. Yet if these same people were to take half a second to use their brain and use skills on me instead, they'd absolutely destroy me. It's not that I'm extraordinarily good as there's only so much you can do in a lowbie in +5 gears. It's that these people are extremely bad and that's why they die to me when other opponents with the same gear range can kill me easily.

Your analogies are trying to imply it's something the OP did differently that they're bragging about being the cause of their survival or that it's variant damage to blame. What I'm explaining is that no... some people are just THAT bad. I've seen a level 100 cleric in full G15 Nirvana gear die in human FB19 before. Twice in a row. At that point, you can't say it's the instance being hard. You can't say it's that they somehow don't have the gear. The fact of the matter would be that the person in question was just -that bad-.

But we're straying from the topic at hand to debate this point. I'd be glad to continue in PMs if you'd like.

I will direct it to a new thread http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1722691
  • Nickotine - Lost City
    Nickotine - Lost City Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    However, that's not the subject. I asked is this kind of behavior common on other servers or not, I am curious.

To answer your question; Yes, this kind of bragging does occur quite often on other servers, or at least from what I've noticed on Lost City, having facepalmed countless times seeing the things people boast about on world chat. :)