[Need Suggestion] Should i Reshape RR8 Weap of Purify Spell ?

helovesu
helovesu Posts: 136 Arc User
edited November 2014 in Venomancer
Dear Fluffy Venos b:chuckle

Very recently, I got Purify Spell on my RR8 Weapon. I tested it in NW, but it rarely procs. That was making me very sad. DO I have to reshape again?
Post edited by helovesu on

Comments

• killeresras
    killeresras Posts: 236 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I have a recasted r8r pataka and I also had purify prox, but the proc rate was so low I didn't find that it was worth my time to keep. It is useless unless you are very tanky. I recasted and got 27 def lvls and p.atk reduction. I find it to be alot more helpful because like purify it did not proc lol, but at least I get 27 def lvl and am tankier :) yes recast purify proc on r8r is useless and really one of the worst rolls. You will be a much happier fluffy without it ^^
    Love lost is room gained
    b:cute
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    A long time ago Adroit made a test with a R9rr and a R8r weapon both of which had Purify. The R9rr weapon proc'd more than the R8r one. You can see the results here.

My personal opinion is that if someone gets R8r, they should go for defence levels. The reasons are the following:
    - R8r weapon with defence levels has uses even if you switch to R9rr in the future (eg. summoning pet)

- If have a R8r weapon, it probably means that you don't have R9rr. A nice boost in defence levels are going to help you more. Purify is awesome, but only when you can survive hits.

- If you want a good weapon with high DD power and adds, there's always the option to get a G16 Nirvana weapon and simply swap around according to your needs.

If you're PvE only, it's still a good option that might allow you to survive better, however you could look into the other options are well. If you're Demon, Infinite seems like a fun proc to have. Otherwise, getting high Channeling (unique add-on) with some magic might also be an interesting option. However seeing as you do NW I'd assume that you'll want something more PvP-oriented?

[SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • helovesu
    helovesu Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Thank you for your suggestion, killeresras as well as Desdi. I reroll-ed it eventually, and got def level which seemed to be a way so much better that Purify Spell.
    You will be a much happier fluffy without it ^^

I love this quote b:chuckle

I hope that every veno would be a happiest fluffy ever b:laugh
  • comrox2
    comrox2 Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I'm not a veno, but I have a recasted r8 weapon with the purify spell.
    I personally like it, but I wouldn't consider it as your main weapon in NW or otherwise. If you don't yet have a G16 or warsoul weapon, and you're not planning on getting rrr9, get that first. Make that your #1 priority. The attack levels will boost your attack a lot.
    After you get the G16/warsoul weapon, if you have decent defense, you can use the rr8 purify weapon for instances where you have to make large pulls. This is what I use mine for. When I have a lot of mobs on me, I think it procs rather well. After you're done pulling, you must quickly switch back to your main weapon before you attack.
    But I also have a second rr8 weapon that has defense levels on it. The defense levels are also really nice. So your call, I had the money so I just chose to get both. b:laugh