Almost endgame heavy build

morenawolf
morenawolf Posts: 0 Arc User
edited November 2014 in Venomancer
Let's say you want to try to make a heavy veno as alt. Let's say you have some beautiful friends that will help you to farm your g16, but you are so touched by their kindness that you don't really want to ask them to spend their energies to help you farming two sets of gears. Which one would you choose as starting one, arcane or heavy? And if you choose the heavy, do you think that the free Morai g12 can work as optional arcane set? I'm not interested in pvp at all.
Just in case, my veno is vit hybrid right now and I would turn heavy after reawkening at lvl 101. I would rather to reborn at least at lvl 102, but it require so much time to lvl up...
PS: sorry I scred up with the topic title and didn't add "heavy build". >_<
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Raujada - Venomancer
Tempestosa - Stormbringer
Archosaur & Morai server
Post edited by morenawolf on

Comments

• mroadknight
    mroadknight Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Why is it that you would even want to make a HA veno in the first place? I would recommend doing G16 AA gear, and going that road, and using pets to be your "tank" for soloing stuff.. Or make a toon that wears HA gear. I dont have a Veno, so I guess I dont understand..
  • morenawolf
    edited October 2014
    Why is it that you would even want to make a HA veno in the first place?

Because I want. b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Raujada - Venomancer
    Archosaur & Morai server
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited October 2014
    Your title doesn't look messed up to me! b:cute

If you really want to stick to just one as a start, use Arcanes since that's more natural to the class, so to speak. If you already have a decent set of HA, you can still use that while you farm your second set of armor. Especially since you haven't actually gone over to the heavy/robe build yet, so you aren't really losing anything by continuing to wear arcane stuff until you can get a HA set as well.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • morenawolf
    edited October 2014
    OPKossy wrote: »
    Your title doesn't look messed up to me! b:cute

Ooooh it magically changed! I wonder how it happened. <3

Anyway I guess you're right. I would be coveded by the arcane in any case if something go wrong with stats.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Raujada - Venomancer
    Archosaur & Morai server
  • Bezdna - Dreamweaver
    Bezdna - Dreamweaver Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I would recommend using AA gear, sharded with garnets, and put spare stat points into STR.

With (sage) foxform that will give pretty solid pdef and good physical attack, but magic defense and attack doesn't suffer all that much.

When I was playing pure magic, my mdef was something like ~80%, and pdef like ~50%.
    Now, with the build I suggested, both mdef and pdef are around ~70%.

I figure -10 mdef for +20 pdef AND significant boost to physical attack is a very fair trade.

Edit: I should clarify, the pdef value is taken while in foxform.
  • Marengo - Lost City
    Marengo - Lost City Posts: 771 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    morenawolf wrote: »
    Which one would you choose as starting one, arcane or heavy? And if you choose the heavy, do you think that the free Morai g12 can work as optional arcane set? I'm not interested in pvp at all.
    If you are not interested in pvp and don't care matck you will lose wearing HA, go for heavy set, you won't even need morai set as alternative. PVE is not picky, you can live and do your veno job in almost all 100+ instances even in hh90, if vit and at least slightly refined, charmed, know how to use genie and apo. With G16 you can choose any set just because of its look and it will work fine.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/elmarise
    pw art ◊ tinyurl.com/q6ca7ar ◊
  • morenawolf
    edited October 2014
    Thank you all for the answers! :)

@Bezdna: not bad as trade. I'm still interested to this to try a very different playstyle, but I'll count hsi too ;)

@Marengo: I guess you're right, then I'll go for heavy! :) huhuhu I can't wait to reborn this Veno.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Raujada - Venomancer
    Archosaur & Morai server
  • Keisari - Raging Tide
    Keisari - Raging Tide Posts: 384 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    At least HA-veno ish far more convenient while leveling back towards 100. With level 100 HA-gears soloing PVs ish a piece of pie (Cake ish a lie!) . Just get some decent elemental neck and belt and you're good to go for anything.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kittysama - Raging Tide in APS-barb disguise, when avatars were bugged. Now posting again as Kittysama.
    Deleted old mains on Feb. 2014, back with every viable build covered, majority of them at or above non-rb 100.b:cute
    The Greatest APS-Panda on RT! 'Cause there's too much food in tables of Imperial palace.b:surrender
    Kitty's current average lvl ~94 b:shocked
  • morenawolf
    edited October 2014
    Yeah I remember your PV video :) it looks so fun! I'll do my best to get elemental Warsong belt and Cube necklace. Any suggestions about cheaper alternatives for these, while farming them?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Raujada - Venomancer
    Archosaur & Morai server
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited October 2014

The Chrono belt is pretty good, the one you get for finishing your chrono quest line. Make sure you pick up the elemental one so that refining will raise the elemental defences (the belt has both magic and physical defences).

There's also FCC ornaments and TT ornaments that you could look into, maybe some mold gear as well.
    If you want to go for the cheapest option possible though, OHT ornaments are available. You can even find some with -channeling to use as your HA armor won't offer any.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • morenawolf
    edited November 2014
    Hey guys, can I ask you a advice? I made a g15 build and I would like to know what you think about it. It's for a reborn at lvl 101 as you can see from the additional +25 stats.

http://pwcalc.com/69b13ae6b66db540
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Raujada - Venomancer
    Archosaur & Morai server