Psychic Skills rebalance

Options
SuperLambo - Dreamweaver
SuperLambo - Dreamweaver Posts: 25 Arc User
edited October 2014 in Psychic
Lately there are many upgrades for skills of different races, but not for psy, Morai / primal skills are bad, considering the PVP, other races got good upgrades and new useful skills. We do not have any debuff, (remember pvp-pk), no skill to escape, we are very slow, only have one stun 100% and we must receive damage to work, we do not have any permanent shield (white voodo not is good skill if you want kill ppl) landslide is the best skill and has no upgrade: can not push the players, furious ocean is good skill for instances but is not useful in PVP, (something excellent to be able to choose whether to use Furious and ocean power disable it to use Aqua cannon and Torrent, same for sandflood), "psionic link" is ****; 2 spark and 180 sec cd do useless and can not be used to pass the damage to an opponent. Soul of Stuning and soul of retalations are excellent skills, but one hit and wait 30 sec do useless against multiple enemies, SoV demon spends much mp way too, need a agusta in consumption (one psy with Soulforce 20k + can not use sov in instances because even using potions + mp charm is enough). Stone smasher is a bue AOE but has shortcomings; 60 sec CD, (twice the tempest cleric / wiz) and no physical damage,. Bubble of life well this is pretty obvious is totally useless 20-25 sec CD, all caster exelentes possess skills to heal this does not happen with Paralax Psy.Spirit this seems like a good skill, but let no movement is expected that more enemies gather to kill you, (badge of courage does not always work, it is a lottery), a better choice is 10 sec immunity and can not use any attack skill, would give a chance to escape and prepararce defense. Finally TradeWinds this skill requires instant Channel. Others may find other options Psy enhancement / rebalance skills Psy.
If we all put our suggestions makers of the game may have more options and better ideas for our race.
Post edited by SuperLambo - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Jarkhen - Archosaur
    Jarkhen - Archosaur Posts: 990 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    ... You're joking right?
    Current: http://mypers.pw/1.8/#133167
    105-103-102

TW/NW Videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/Axel3200

Some people get R93 and become another cookiecutter DD, other people get R93 and get called out as serious threats. At some point, it's just not about gear anymore. - Qui
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SuperLambo - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2014
    Options
    ... You're joking right?

No is a Joke
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    Oh boy, where to begin with this.
    Lately there are many upgrades for skills of different races, but not for psy, Morai / primal skills are bad, considering the PVP, other races got good upgrades and new useful skills

Glacial Shards and Sand Flood are bad? That's news to me.
    We do not have any debuff, (remember pvp-pk),

>What is Diminished Vigor/Disturb Soul
    We are a bit lacking in this area honestly. Still, the most I'd ask for is for Aqua Impact's crit effect to be PvP enabled.
    no skill to escape, we are very slow,

This is just a class weakness, and that's circumvented by Purify Spell more often than not.

only have one stun 100% and we must receive damage to work

E.Vector's 85% is plenty, and with top end Soulforce, SoSt's stun is the LONGEST stun in the game.
    we do not have any permanent shield (white voodo not is good skill if you want kill ppl)

We're a glass canon type of mage, m8, we're not supposed to have long lasting shields. White Voodoo is plenty if you need to buy time to build chi or retreat when everything else is on CD or inaccessible.
    landslide is the best skill and has no upgrade: can not push the players,

Landslide's decent for interrupts, but even as a Demon I'd think that Tide Spirit (because guaranteed Crit boost+Insta-Chan)>>Landslide (which needs you to be close and only has a 1/5 shot at working). It doesn't need to push players because with SoR/SoSt, our other control skills, Purify Spell, ect, we'd become near impossible to pin down.
    furious ocean is good skill for instances but is not useful in PVP, (something excellent to be able to choose whether to use Furious and ocean power disable it to use Aqua cannon and Torrent, same for sandflood)

>Getting Furious Ocean
    >Ever

"psionic link" is ****; 2 spark and 180 sec cd do useless and can not be used to pass the damage to an opponent.

Its uses are a bit limited, but its meant to protect your allies. Its not a Death Chain knockoff
    Soul of Stuning and soul of retalations are excellent skills, but one hit and wait 30 sec do useless against multiple enemies

Being focus fired by multiple enemies will always be disadvantageous. Either of those can still disable someone for a little while and give you/your group a chance of dispatching them or retreat.(Sage SoR can even heal you a little while providing a small amount of protection too)
    SoV demon spends much mp way too, need a agusta in consumption (one psy with Soulforce 20k + can not use sov in instances because even using potions + mp charm is enough).

>Not being a Sage
    Demon's get a stronger reflect while Sage loses the cost. You get what you pay for.

Stone smasher is a bue AOE but has shortcomings; 60 sec CD, (twice the tempest cleric / wiz) and no physical damage,.

I can agree that Stone Smasher/Red Tide are pretty bad. Other classes have 2 spark skills with little application too though.
    Bubble of life well this is pretty obvious is totally useless 20-25 sec CD, all caster exelentes possess skills to heal

>Not being a Sage

(At least you'd get an AoE purify.) Healing isn't exactly a specialty of ours, either. Compared to other Arcanes (Clerics and Mystics, who have all sorts of heals), Wizards (only one heal requiring a lot of channeling), and Venomancers who have.....well, something, I'd say we're not too bad off.
    this does not happen with Paralax Psy.Spirit this seems like a good skill, but let no movement is expected that more enemies gather to kill you, (badge of courage does not always work, it is a lottery)

When it does work (on a Dex genie, you could easily get a 70% chance or more), its pretty damn strong considering you're essentially IG'd without using any Apothecary. Its also able to save someone else who's under heavy focus fire and needs a moment for their charm to recover/allies to dispatch of surrounding enemies.

Finally TradeWinds this skill requires instant Channel.

I've lost count of how many times I've used Tradewinds+Flyer Accelleration to be the first to reach a crystal or to catch an enemy flag carrier in NW's Crystal Contest/Capture the Flag battlefields. I think the skill's fine as is, instant channeling or no.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
    edited September 2014
    Options
    I know all the benefits of skills. My claim is dirijido a rebalancing compared to other classes obtubieron very good improvements.
    I have no intention of discussing each of its points.
    I was very specific with the things I would like to improve, I remain firm in my claims.
  • Euzebe - Sanctuary
    Euzebe - Sanctuary Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    Agreed, we need Purge, Blade Tempest, Knockback and Stealth #balancePsys
  • Allonade - Dreamweaver
    Allonade - Dreamweaver Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    Honestly my only qualm on a psy is the lack of debuffs that would amplify our damage (yes, we have Vigor's)...we play into a niche and as such, we don't need teleports or movement skills...we have two stuns on our hand sure, and only one is 100%...but we have 2 freezes, 2 slows, the ability to reflect negative status/debuff...three self purifies (two as a demon), accuracy debuffs, channeling interrupts, attack rate slows, silences...I don't really know what more we can ask for in terms of crowd control.

Could landslide have received a twist w/ primal, absolutely. Do we necessarily need any of the perks that new classes got? No not really, they got them in a balancing effort and honestly...it's helped. Is it frustrating to have a barb set you on your *** again and again while you try to get the chi and timing up to stop him, sure...does it suck to have a sin pop from stealth and drop you from multiple hits off a single skill - worse than a hoover...but think how they feel each time they drop on us and immediately encounter a chain of psy will, kiting, glacial shards, random dd, earth vector, bubble, more dd...a conscientious psy is hands down one of the best employers of crowd control - all we lack are more aware players.

PS> I could go for a little more chi I guess...
  • Euzebe - Sanctuary
    edited September 2014
    Options
    Good points. I'd probably leave Landslide as it is; Demon alone is pretty destructive. I'd ask for something, anything on Red Tide be it reduced chi cost, additional damage or effect, anything.

Debuffs are moot these days; we'd have to get amps instead.
    edited September 2014
    Options
    Good points. I'd probably leave Landslide as it is; Demon alone is pretty destructive. I'd ask for something, anything on Red Tide be it reduced chi cost, additional damage or effect, anything.

Debuffs are moot these days; we'd have to get amps instead.

If RT was just purely physical and the bleeding got pumped up to be Soulforce + a portion of M.Attack, I think it'd be perfect. Same thing for Soulburn, considering it costs a spark and doesn't last as long as Magic Shackle but only relies on our soulforce for damage.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
    edited September 2014
    Options
    The spirit of my post is to list a number of things that could be improved by Psy, not necessarily all. let's face it, the other caster classes were improved to the point of being able to kill you in one hit, (mystic), or stay immobilized for long without being able to escape, (cleric). mention without a mele can give you a Zerk and throw to floor without defense. Anyone who has faced a psy R9r3 know it's a tough nut to crack, but like a critic defendes 28k?
    my intention is that those responsible for balancing the game look to make improvements and what not.
    Seriously -.- and I want to choose whether to activate or use Aqua cannon furious ocean b:cryb:cryb:laugh
  • Euzebe - Sanctuary
    edited September 2014
    Options
    If RT was just purely physical and the bleeding got pumped up to be Soulforce + a portion of M.Attack, I think it'd be perfect. Same thing for Soulburn, considering it costs a spark and doesn't last as long as Magic Shackle but only relies on our soulforce for damage.

HA, I forgot about Soulburn; dunno how to make that useful without flat out ripping off Magic Shackle. Completely underwhelming for a Spark, but it was OP in its day b:laugh

Problem with soulforce based damage is that it doesn't scale.
  • Dragslave - Dreamweaver
    Dragslave - Dreamweaver Posts: 253 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    omg is this post for real?
    Psys complaining? try being a wizard, we have p.def and... and... and.... oh wait! thats it!!!!
    +12 psys have that annoying SoS proc that makes them immortal to casters, is unlikely to pull a 3-4 hit combo on a psy without getting sealed.
    Fast cast, better base damage, more chiless aoes, endless stuns, cheap ones too, and 20+ att levels over other classes...
    Please.... check others and u see whats being on the bad side lolb:laugh
  • Euzebe - Sanctuary
    edited September 2014
    Options
    We are honoured; wizard QQ has reached our humble forums.
    edited September 2014
    Options
    omg is this post for real?
    Psys complaining? try being a wizard, we have p.def and... and... and.... oh wait! thats it!!!!
    +12 psys have that annoying SoS proc that makes them immortal to casters, is unlikely to pull a 3-4 hit combo on a psy without getting sealed.
    Fast cast, better base damage, more chiless aoes, endless stuns, cheap ones too, and 20+ att levels over other classes...
    Please.... check others and u see whats being on the bad side lolb:laugh

I'm not saying we've got it the worst. Far from it actually....we're not Archers b:laugh
    Doesn't mean that things can't be better, though. Some skills are a bit dated with how things have been evolving as of late.
  • Allonade - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2014
    Options
    True, we don't have it worst...we're just saying this update gave us little when it was open handed with others. Wizzies got some fun perks but not entirely enough to make up for the loss of their spark combo I'd suppose, new ele shields are rather impressive though - finally give you a reason to leave earth shield.
  • Euzebe - Sanctuary
    edited September 2014
    Options
    Exactly, just cause Spark combo got nerfed doesn't mean other classes don't have outdated skills as well
  • DionDagger - Dreamweaver
    DionDagger - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,140 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Options
    Id honestly love a change up for RT. Either a bump up on the Bleed, or add a physical damage modifier (based on mag atk or SF). It's one of my favorite skills.

But the class is fine I think. Out of all the HA casters I've made, my psy has the most damage out of them all.
  • Allonade - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2014
    Options
    Can we dismiss that post entirely based on the premise of all your casters being HA...come on Dion...there's such a thing as being too contrary, it isn't cute to be that rebellious...
    edited September 2014
    Options
    Can we dismiss that post entirely based on the premise of all your casters being HA...come on Dion...there's such a thing as being too contrary, it isn't cute to be that rebellious...

I just don't like AA armor, it refines like ****.b:chuckle
  • jytheone
    jytheone Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Options
    i think to be fair to say, psy skills had been pretty much the same since tideborn was introduced. *except for glacial shards, its totally badass*

when you look at different classes, when morai skills came out, bms get blade hurl, reel in, reckless rush that is very useful in pvp. archers have stealth, the jumping side ways skill and the list goes on. what about psy ? shroud of shadow, spirit phalanx are 2 usless skills in pvp, in fact i think spirit phalanx was given to us so that we can troll our friends, psionic link is a skill that saves others, doesnt boost us in pvp, summon skill just makes us nothing but slaves. in short, morai skill updates isnt much use to us in terms of pvp.

next we go to primals. primal glacial shard is good, high damage. im not a fan of sandflood and furious ocean, spirit blast is basically the same, just slightly more damage, and aqua impact is usless for pvp. that crit thing only works for pve. *its good when ur taking down towers in bridge battles though*.

so unlike other classes that had gotten new skills to kill in pvp, psy pretty much remained the same.

first off, i hope they change sov and sos to self buffs b:chuckle and maybe some new skills?

bubble of life, soul of silence, soul of stunning, psyhic will are the most important skills in pvp for us. if you want to survive, you'll need these skills. with these skills, surviving is ok i'd say.

white voodoo is good when you are running away with a group of gankers chasing after you. but one must take note is voodoos can be purged. so do watch out for archers and venos.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Euzebe - Sanctuary
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Spirit Phalanx is hands down the best skill we received since class release. The ability to protect your flag carrier/ friendly cleric for 10 seconds while you clean up or support arrives is great.

I also use it offensively with a 75% break out chance with Badge of Courage; when combined with immunity pot and psy will, we have a ridiculous amount of time resisting damage.

Psionic Link is far more useless since it doesn't work outside open map.

I whole heartedly agee souls should all be self buff; the proliferation of psy buffs from alts in tw is freaking annoying.
    edited October 2014
    Options
    jytheone wrote: »
    i think to be fair to say, Assassin had been pretty much the same since tideborn was introduced. *except for elimination, its totally badass*

when you look at different classes, when morai skills came out, bms get blade hurl, reel in, reckless rush that is very useful in pvp. archers have stealth, the jumping side ways skill and the list goes on. what about sin ? death chain, Spoils of war and share the stealth are 2 usless skills in pvp, in fact i think share the stealth was given to us so that we can troll our friends, share the stealth is a skill that saves others, doesnt boost us in pvp, spoils of war just makes us nothing but slaves. in short, morai skill updates isnt much use to us in terms of pvp.

Fixed that for youb:chuckleb:laugh. Psy's have remained the same but it's not like they needed much of a boost to begin with except on some skills that require stupid high SF to be good, Red tide comes to mind.

If psionic link worked in TW tho, I could just smell the abuse in the distance. Maybe they should weaken it a bit, but enable it on all maps.