Need advice for my next pet

nestorulloa
nestorulloa Posts: 19
edited October 2014 in Venomancer
i just tamed and evolved the derjan the other day and im loving it, but i realize its a beast PVE DD and good for taking down other venos pets(almost 1shot a R9RR veno's nix), but is not that good when it comes to fight another player, since i can still unlock 5 pet slots on my bag why not get a full bag, since im not rich enough irl or in game i cant afford a legendary pet neither from player or cash shopb:surrender, i was checking the stats and im down to 3 options for my next pet i would like to see what you think about it:

1.-Shademark Scorpion:
Pros: If i load this pet with skills like icicle and flesh realms it deals a lot of damage and its one of the best f2p DD, the special skill of this pet is a 12 meters aoe with 30seconds cooldown, it hurts and reduce both magical and physical attack by 50% on mobs and 200% on players for 4 seconds, making this pet good for both pvp and pve
Cons:it cant fly, a bit squishy and its tamed at low level, getting it to 100 will take 2-3days(after i get back to 100myself ofc).

2.-Thorn Bee:
the special skill of this pet deals 100% base damage as Wood damage and deals triple damage on the air with a 30Second CD
pros: it can fly, looks amazing, can deals a good ammount of damage if i load it with skills, and its good for taking down flying clerics on TW.
Cons: cant use it on instances so it will be more of a pvp pet, the special skill deals wood damage(elemental) on pvp i need to take down flying clerics so this skill wont hurt them that much(flesh realm willbe used ofc), squishy, tamed at low level.

]3.-Valiant protector(the labrador dog):
the special skill of this pet makes the venom unable to be selected by players for 4seconds( i can redirect it to the pet if i target myself before doing it) with a 30 second cooldown.
Pros: this ability unlocks a world of sneaky options for me(and the venos are tricky already), the pet is really fast so i can load it with debuffs.
Cons: in terms of stats its not really a DD or a tank pet some ppl call it balanced i call it average pet, the best i can do with it its load it with debuffs but i cant expect much damage from it or that it will tank something. so it will be for pvp uses only, and its a rare pet so finding it and training it will take time.

4.- someone give me a nix for bday b:laugh(joking).

im going to get all of them but one at a time it takes time and money to train a new pet,so i would like to hear what you guys have to say about this,im always switching between my pets on combat(even more if its on TW) depending on the target im taking down.

PD:sorry for my poor english its not my 1st tounge
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• morenawolf
    morenawolf Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Hi there! :)

Mh, it's a hard choice because all of them have wonderful pros and bad cons. I would personally say Scorpion because of that wondeful aoe: as you said, it's useful in pvp and pve so you would have a do-all pet for support role. But I would personally raise the Bee too, because it's always useful to have a flying pet in both pvp and pve. I'm not so strong, so in NW I often fly over the heads of my enemies waiting the best moment to attack them while my friends are keeping them on the ground. A nice flying pet to add some debuff is great in that moments.

I don't care if it will take weeks to raise them and find enough Feral Stars for the evolution, I think I'll try them all! b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Raujada - Venomancer
    Tempestosa - Stormbringer
    Archosaur & Morai server
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Since you already have the Derjan's Hatchling as a solid land DD/support pet, I'd recommend going for the Thorn Bee next because it's an air pet. Afterwards I'd probably pick the dog..simply because it's cute and fluffy :P but it's up to you.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Satyrion - Sanctuary
    Satyrion - Sanctuary Posts: 255 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I have the shademark scorpion and I must admit I'm a little dissapointed from it, I expected more. Also the description doesnt say the aoe is 12 meters but 10, and it's the range of the skill that is 12 meters (that is wrong description though, my scorpion will first cast it when its in 5 meters range) the duration of debuff is way too short to make it much useful. So I wouldnt recommend it. Oh, and the skill doesnt do damage either.
    The skill might be useful for some people, but I havent yet been any situation at all where it could be useful for me.

The other pets you mentioned sounds good though, but I would also take a look into the flying pig.
    youtube.com/user/Cebloon
    ~ not that there is that much to see (yet?)