Ancient Pets

Azura - Lost City
Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
edited September 2014 in Venomancer
Does anyone still have either in your bank as a egg, or in your pet bag the first pets you ever got?

I don't exactly have the first one anymore, but I have my first 2 pets that I used a lot for pve and pvp, direct ancestors of my phoenix and hercules, in terms of use.

I still have in my bank my crystalline magnamite. Back then it was one of the toughest pets out there. Thanks to that pet I was able to farm among many other things: my hercules. So that's why I still keep it in my bank.

Also I still have my desert wasp (it's a blue wasp). Later I found that the petite sawfly was actually a little bit better stats wise, but meh I like blue things and when I found out it had been with me for a long time. However thanks to that bee many people started to recognize me cause I was the only veno with a blue bee. Many even asked me if it was better than regular bees cause they though it hit too hard xD. In short, had great fights with that bee, and I made some reputation with with it, so that's why I have it still in my bank.
Post edited by Azura - Lost City on

Comments

• Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Shame on me, I don't have most of my old/first pets D:

What I still have is my Shaodu Cub which was my tank pet for a very long time, up to lvl89 (I was lvl87ish when FCC was changed to give you an idea). I didn't like the rock pets and I wanted something more cuddly. The cub served me very well! I certainly have good memories with it.

I had a Neolithic Wolf which was called Sunday. It was a joke between RL friends and game friends back where we were playing as a group and most of us had Venomancers (full Venomancer squad all day) and we all tamed that wolf and named it after days of the week. It wasn't an amazing pet but I still liked using it.

I do have my Windwalking Piggy in bank. It was a pain to tame it...it was tamed by one of my RL friends and given to me as a gift. It was really cute and loved using it though I admit its low attack was frustrating...

I still have my Kowlin with Claw skill. I even evolved it just for sentimental reasons, although I prefer the old looks. It was my main DD pet for a long time. Yeah...not really that great in DD terms but I loved its speed and looks. I just enjoyed using it regardless of what people may have though of it.

I don't remember much about the rest but I do remember I had an Antelope Pup for some time which I used a lot. I did have almost every rare pet, sans the Cuddly Pup, but I didn't really use them much other than to just goof around with them for being cute.

I did have a Petite Sawfly on Lost City when I had a Venomancer there because that was more or less the best alternative to a Phoenix and it was actually really cute...this coming from a person who hates bugs xD but I lost everything when I decided to "quit" and NPC'd all gears/items, deleted all toons except my Venomancer and Cleric on Sanctuary (don't even remember why I kept those two but I'm glad I did since I did come back months later).
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Veneir - Dreamweaver
    Veneir - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,541 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I still have my pet that grew up with me in my bag, in the first slot. I'll probably never revert him into an egg, in all honesty. *my red-tailed minkii named Lanturn*
    I had an anetelope that got to level 93~ ish that I raised to be an elemental DD with like three magic damage skills.... I don't remember why but I scrapped the idea? Probably because I never ran caster, and didn't have much use for him. He's still in my bank.
    Most of the pets that I used and egged were either passed onto my faction members that could use them, or were mailed to one of my alts to store them in the mailbox. I don't think I actually NPC'd any of the pets that I trained, the only exception might be the green foxwing that I had and honestly don't remember where it went to...

I keep feeling like I'll want to egg more of my pets eventually; but I don't really have a practical reason to.... and I remember something about not being able to egg evolved pets?
    "Clearly, the only logical option is Squid." -Decus <コ:彡 <コ:彡
    I'm helplessly needless, and needless to say I owe you | Well I'd pull, teeter away, at the earth with my teeth, to touch your face alive | You lie, helplessly still | As your face falls apart | Well I can make your face brand new | Come take my hand and I'll take your hand | And I will pull you out | Into the sun.
    First fell into an army of noob mobs on 19/3/2009~ Upside-down fox and old-colour squid <┻┻~ [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I still have my crystalline magnamite in my bag, when we got the Tideborn update I didn't felt like letting him down for a glacial walker so I kept my magnamit, it was level 89 I think before the veno update with the daily instance, after that I did leveled him and evolved him, not that I use him, but he's my first and is in my bag and never wanted to get a glacial walker.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Oh, you can egg evolved pets, but the eggs are character-bound. Can't be traded, account stashed etc.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Vedovis - Lost City
    Vedovis - Lost City Posts: 942 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I still have my Magmite which served me well in soloing HH as a younger veno, and my Scorpion which I changed to elemental bash-skills for Caster. They are somewhere on my account, but I no longer have them in bag.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

| Signature made by Fishy!~ | Semiretired |
  • morenawolf
    morenawolf Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I still have my first Glacial Walker. It's one of my dearest memories here on PW.

I was a lvl 20 or something, my main pet was a Heartless wolf. I was still a happy and naive veno that didn't know absolutly anything about builds, pets, refinements, it was a simple joy to explore this huge world. PWI is my first mmorpg, just saying.

Then another veno approached. He/she simply said "Here, take this" and gave me a Glacial Walker egg. I was speechless, I knew the walker was a good pet but I didn't know where to find it, and it looked like a special thing to me. I was so surprised I told him/her I didn't have coins to pay it, and the response was a simple "Don't worry, I just need space :)". I don't even remember his/her name!

That act of kindness changed my game. I didn't had a guild for a long time so I played alone for all my early weeks, so that gift seemed something huge to me.

Always remember to be kind with newbies. <3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Raujada - Venomancer
    Tempestosa - Stormbringer
    Archosaur & Morai server
  • DeffyNature - Archosaur
    DeffyNature - Archosaur Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I actually still have my lvl 2 scorpion, it's evolved now but in my bank.
    Also, my trusty glacial is evolved and still in my bag, along with my piggie and shaodu, both evolved as well (my pride and joy back in the day, since I tamed them myself and back then it was a real cut-throat deal to tame rares, high -chan venos were hoarding to sell them).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • CaitlinDan - Heavens Tear
    CaitlinDan - Heavens Tear Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    morenawolf wrote: »

Then another veno approached. He/she simply said "Here, take this" and gave me a Glacial Walker egg. I was speechless, I knew the walker was a good pet but I didn't know where to find it, and it looked like a special thing to me. I was so surprised I told him/her I didn't have coins to pay it, and the response was a simple "Don't worry, I just need space :)". I don't even remember his/her name!

That act of kindness changed my game. I didn't had a guild for a long time so I played alone for all my early weeks, so that gift seemed something huge to me.

Aww, I can relate to that. When I just joined, a veteran player (I think a barb) carried me and brought me all the way to Etherblade just to tame one of them.

I was so incredibly happy to have had tamed one at that point; everyone knows that back then it was THE beast at tanking.

Sadly, after I got it, I used it to farm for a Herc and dropped the egg someplace when I got the Herc.... Now I feel evil and unappreciative.
    I copied Desdi's font color. It's too pretty. Forgive me Desdi b:thanks
  • Jadsia - Lost City
    Jadsia - Lost City Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Does anyone still have either in your bank as a egg, or in your pet bag the first pets you ever got?

I don't exactly have the first one anymore, but I have my first 2 pets that I used a lot for pve and pvp, direct ancestors of my phoenix and hercules, in terms of use.

I still have in my bank my crystalline magnamite. Back then it was one of the toughest pets out there. Thanks to that pet I was able to farm among many other things: my hercules. So that's why I still keep it in my bank.

Also I still have my desert wasp (it's a blue wasp). Later I found that the petite sawfly was actually a little bit better stats wise, but meh I like blue things and when I found out it had been with me for a long time. However thanks to that bee many people started to recognize me cause I was the only veno with a blue bee. Many even asked me if it was better than regular bees cause they though it hit too hard xD. In short, had great fights with that bee, and I made some reputation with with it, so that's why I have it still in my bank.

I used my glacial walker to farm for my herc but I gave it to somebody long ago. I still have my jaden qingfu and the scorpion - my 1st but that is now evolved so I don't know if you consider it ancient.
    I **** bigger than you...

Shut up and play the game.....Damn
  • Darkette - Sanctuary
    Darkette - Sanctuary Posts: 148 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    From my original veno started in 2009, I have the level-2 wolf, which has been hovering at level 96 for many years. Regrettably, of my three senior venos, that's the only starter pet I kept.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver
    SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,225 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    My veno still has her starting pet.

Starting Wolf.
    Shadou Cub
    Glacial Walker
    Petite Sawfly
    (Went and tamed a level 2 Scorpion)
    Dark Wanderer
    Froggy
    Pet that looks like Dolby
    Level 5 Turtle.
    Snow Hare

Some of these may be in egg form. I still remember that I have a bunch of darkbreed and blackhive wolves of her too.

I also have a windwalking piggy, Kowlin, Cuddly Pup, and Tabby Plumdrop...but I'm never really on her to use them....
    "Male Player using female toon. Please don't flirt with me."

Need to see the cleric guide for questions, comments, or concerns? Just copy and paste the link.
    "http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1246011&quot;

(Ignore the quotation marks. URL isn't allowed, so I had to do it that way.)
  • Evalria - Sanctuary
    Evalria - Sanctuary Posts: 202 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    My very first 'serious' pet was a Tabby Plumdrop, which I tamed on my first Veno back when it was a big deal to succeed such; against other Venos with -chan ornaments in particular (I had none).
    It was really funny to watch a tiny kitten take on large looking bosses, but now I find it sort of cruel, coming to think of it. So tiny and no armor D: it must have been really hard for it!

I still keep an egg, not the same but different one, in bank for nostalgic value, to remind me of those old times.

Nowadays I use my Kowlin which served me quite well and is stronger than most people give it credit for. Never even considered a Magmite or Walker because I didn't like their size or looks at all, still don't.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • anwynd
    anwynd Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    morenawolf wrote: »
    I still have my first Glacial Walker. It's one of my dearest memories here on PW.

I was a lvl 20 or something, my main pet was a Heartless wolf. I was still a happy and naive veno that didn't know absolutly anything about builds, pets, refinements, it was a simple joy to explore this huge world. PWI is my first mmorpg, just saying.

hmm that is exactly the convo that went down when I felt like being friendly and helpful and saw a newby veno nah must be coincidence b:chuckle b:avoid
    Collector of pet eggs, armor, weapons, fashion, and mountsb:chuckle
  • morenawolf
    morenawolf Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    anwynd wrote: »
    hmm that is exactly the convo that went down when I felt like being friendly and helpful and saw a newby veno nah must be coincidence b:chuckle b:avoid

Who knows :D this happened about 3 years ago, on the Archosaur server.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Raujada - Venomancer
    Tempestosa - Stormbringer
    Archosaur & Morai server