PvP Tournament Videos!

sparkiesoft
sparkiesoft Posts: 47
edited September 2014 in Official Announcements
Here you all go!

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/pwi/news/detail/6006513-pwi-june-pvp-tournament-video!

Sorry it took so long, we had a lot of things we needed to take care of.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Kaugummii - Morai
    Kaugummii - Morai Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Great that you recorded it but Dx wouldn't it be better if someone from the company would record it and put some nice animation on it.

It'dd be good advertisement :D
    Please call me Ben.. that is who I am
    Morai - Kaugummi - BM
    Ragin tide - Mastersworde - BM 101
  • Kevyy - Harshlands
    Kevyy - Harshlands Posts: 213 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Nice :D I wish we could have this event on a weekly basis. I know we already have a tourney but you spawn in random rooms and can easily be outnumbered.
  • Zanryu - Lothranis
    Zanryu - Lothranis Posts: 1,998 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    ..These videos are literally nothing but footage. There's nothing edited, no music put in, nothing. How did it take you so long to upload something that could have been up literally the next day?

Oh lawdy sparkie step up your vid making game
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks to the beautiful and talanted Zheii for the sigb:dirty

youtube.com/ZanryuPWI
    youtube.com/ZanryuGaming

I read the forums naked.
  • Titoto - Raging Tide
    Titoto - Raging Tide Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Zanryu beated me to that, these videos aren't edited it's just raw footage and the raging tide battles didn't even show who was who.
    My forum avatar has been through so many changes by itself it's not even funny -.-
  • The__Sun - Dreamweaver
    The__Sun - Dreamweaver Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I think for the footage you should at least:

1.) Make it a high quality recording
    2.) Make a proper intro (Group of players/Names/Team names... etc)
    3.) Have some sort of sound

I'm sure there are many other things you can do, but those should be a minimum standard.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    **** Laws of Physics I'm going to shoot crystals from my hands and summon meteors from the air.... Laws of Psychics
  • Viktorian - Archosaur
    Viktorian - Archosaur Posts: 746 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    sparkie i would like you to watch the pvp videos(from those who post them) and add to your video what they all have but yours doesnt.
    this thread in case you need help
    also, who worked on this? whoever they are needs to have a serious talk with your trailer making department
    Servers: Archosaur(PvE US West) and Harshlands (PvP US East)
    Chars: Viktorian(100 2Rb Celestial Demon BM) PurpleHealz (100 Celestial Sage Cleric) DagsAway (95 Assassin)
    [SIGPIC][/Sigpic]
  • Zanryu - Lothranis
    edited July 2014
    I didn't even do anything fancy and had mine up pretty soon after the tournament. It's not that hard, you shoulda let me be your recorder b:avoid
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

youtube.com/ZanryuPWI
    youtube.com/ZanryuGaming

I read the forums naked.
  • HideYoHubby - Archosaur
    HideYoHubby - Archosaur Posts: 995 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    No names also kinda made video confusing. It might look cool as trailer but I personally would of preferred to know whose who in order to follow the fight better. I really dunno what you did for it to take this long as it was clearly raw footage you didnt bother editing.
    __Sami__ - Archer - 105/103/102 - mypers.pw/1.8/#132088 - Active
    HideYoHubby - Assassin - 105/101/101 - Inactive
    WnbTank - Barbarian - 103/101/101 - Catshop
  • Toraah - Archosaur
    Toraah - Archosaur Posts: 296 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    That perfect angle of watching me die though. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

youtube.com/user/xtorah - Assassin PK/TW/NW videos
  • CapnK - Sanctuary
    CapnK - Sanctuary Posts: 1,166 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I saw people getting owned by the monkey. Good grief people monkey is terrible just hit it with one DOT and it dies.
  • DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver
    DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Although it's a great idea and we the community thank you for doing these events and going to the length of making videos for all the servers to be able to watch, but let's be honest the videos are pretty lame.

If I was recording this here's what I would do, probably overboard but if you're going to do something of this scale and level of exposure I think you should go overboard.

-have two computers with two characters recording simultaneously

-one character in each squad (can be level one noobs so aren't in PK mode)

-one character running around in amongst the action with UI on but most stuff hidden like the minimap, your own avatar character HP bars etc hidden, skill bars, menu section etc can all be hidden away without removing all UI so you can still see names above peoples heads and when you click on someone it still shows their avatar buffs debuffs HP etc and most importantly you can see your squad list and squad HP buffs debuffs etc

-overlay onto this video track a cutout from the other characters view of the opposing squad list on the alternate side of the screen of the video with that character chilling in the corner, so on the final video you can see two squads lists, can even add a text overlay with their team name above each list.

-make an intro with fly-bys of the squad and names (Perfect World at the start so people know what game this video is of..)

-add music

-add snazzy text announcements that like declare the point in time X was killed by Y

-add an outro

None of the above require anything too special in terms of software.

For the other events (other than my server) I'm actually willing to create characters on the server and make a video as described.
    Download the video and edit it yourself and upload it to youtube?

Not that simple. The problem isn't so much the editing after (which is non existent), it's the raw footage and how it was recorded. Also I think 9/10 comments are respectful and constructive. People aren't complaining they are thankful but suggesting ways to improve it for the viewers perspective which is the whole point of a video.
    DarkSkiesx - Demon Archer
    mypers.pw/1.7/#114350

DarkSeasx - Sage Assassin
    mypers.pw/1.7/#136481

youtube.com/darkskiesx
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
  • DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    >People complain about no events
    >CM hosts event in his free time
    >People complain about MUH VIDEO NOT EDITED OMG STANDARDS
    >Opinions everywhere
    >Nowhere it says there is a standard for posting videos

Really, stay classy PWI community, never change because there is always something to complain / comment / have critique about.

Good lord.

He has better things to do at his job than editing or uploading videos, and I can imagine he has better things to do in his free time.

Soon™
    Well, maybe later, semi-retired.
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    >Opinions everywhere

Really, stay classy PWI community, never change because there is always something to complain / comment / have critique about.

^ Agreed with this, but some feedback on how to improve their future videos is not bad. I mean, just because the playbase likes to complain and criticise everything, it doesn't mean they (PWE) should dismiss all critiques/feedback.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Zanryu - Lothranis
    edited July 2014
    >Opinions everywhere

Good lord.

He has better things to do at his job than editing or uploading videos, and I can imagine he has better things to do in his free time.

Thing is anyone could upload raw footage, the community was under the impression that the video would have at least some quality. There was absolutely no effort put into those, and while everyone understands they can't spend a lot of time on the videos and they aren't professionals at movie editing, I'm pretty sure everyone expected at least a little effort. Especially with how long it took to get them out, but their patience went completely unrewarded.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

youtube.com/ZanryuPWI
    youtube.com/ZanryuGaming

I read the forums naked.
  • DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Thing is anyone could upload raw footage, the community was under the impression that the video would have at least some quality. There was absolutely no effort put into those, and while everyone understands they can't spend a lot of time on the videos and they aren't professionals at movie editing, I'm pretty sure everyone expected at least a little effort. Especially with how long it took to get them out, but their patience went completely unrewarded.

>PWE
    >Effort / quality

Yes, that's why we complain so much about everything b:chuckle.

Why it took so long to upload it beats me, maybe other things came in between, maybe he had to go do something right after the tournament, it was his time off after all, and forgot about it, some time later it's "oh balls i forgot to upload the videos".

To be honest, they -SHOULD- have better things to do than editing videos, as short as that may be, it's probably not in their job description that they have to edit videos and are probably busy (hopefully) on doing their actual job.
    I don't think they have a department for video editing or someone that is willing to put time and effort into it anyway.
    Soon™
    Well, maybe later, semi-retired.
  • $picylovah - Sanctuary
    $picylovah - Sanctuary Posts: 267 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    people complain cuz they care :)
    this cudve been a great oppurtunity for PWE to advertise some of their game to increase the playerbase even if only a little, which is pretty needed to keep this game alive, tho not a single person that doesnt play PWE themselves will react positively to this video, because no one has any clue wth is going on due to shjtty camera angle, lack of sound, low overall quality, thats why people complain.

In their defense, as to why there's no music on the video...I doubt PWE owns any music aside from the music on the games, and to be honest, I dont think they even own that music, since its not their game, so they simply arent allowed to use any music.
    IGN: qontroL b:thanks

Im so mean, I make medicine sick b:angry
  • Ahira - Lost City
    Ahira - Lost City Posts: 791 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Thanks for uploading the video. b:thanks

It was always going to be a thankless task because whenever you're watching any pvp from the outside-in, most of the time you wont understand whats going on and also its alot harder to enjoy without knowing squad info/targets. If footage like this was supplemented with that recorded by players- it would be really good tho! :D
    --Retired--

Factions: Forbiden, Genesis, Conqueror, BloodLust, Zen, Spectral
    Active October 2008- August 2009; Semi-active- May 2010
  • LostPoet - Dreamweaver
    LostPoet - Dreamweaver Posts: 396 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Here you all go!

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/pwi/news/detail/6006513-pwi-june-pvp-tournament-video!

Sorry it took so long, we had a lot of things we needed to take care of.

All I see is cash op fighting cash op using 5 skills .... b:shutup
    YOUTUBE:
    youtube.com/user/lostpoetgaming

twitch LIVE STREAM + MORE VIDEOS:
    twitch.tv/thelostpoet/profile
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    Psytrac - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,488 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    so they finally used the PWIC arena for something in PWI.. speaking of which.. why have we not had another entry into PWIC in all these years afterward?
    I'm a guy, not a woman, that is all
    "When you're on Team Bring it, every morning your feet hit the floor, the good lord says "good morning" and the devil says 'Oh **** they're up' " - Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson
    Are you on Team Bring it?