I want opinions please

Untamed_pain - Archosaur
Untamed_pain - Archosaur Posts: 533 Arc User
edited August 2014 in Venomancer
My veno is currently rebirth 1 almost lvl 95 (this will be yr 4 of playing her)lol...smh damn addictive
game.

Anyways she is demon. When she was 103 she was what you called half vit/half magic. First rebirth she is pure magic. I love pure magic however she is squishy. and yes im in a tw fac and i love tw and i want to survive. she currently has 6.8k hp.

2nd rebirth some people told me go vit build. (she will be r9 soon hopefully).

Should i go vit build or stay full magic again.

I wanna stay alive in tw and things hell if i can maybe id pk more lol.
untamed_pain demon veno 103-100-101
SweetAzHoney Sage Cleric 102-currently rebirthing
xXZoeMarieXx sage seeker 101-currently rebirthing
StormyRainz Demon Mystic 101 Not rebirth yet
EsmeStorms Demon wizzy 101 not rebirth yet
UhitLikaGirl Almost sage barb 100 buffer
and loads of other alts...
Post edited by Untamed_pain - Archosaur on

Comments

• Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Pure magic is fine but only when you have good gear to support you. Otherwise a Vit build (usually min. Mag rest in Vit) is preferable to give you better survivability.

Vit builds themselves are great even after you've gotten great gear but it's oriented for those that like to play full support whereas Mag builds are oriented towards a playstyle that includes both support and offence.

This is purely my opinion but I think Vit builds serve Sages better. I'm not saying Sages can't kill but they lean more on support/defence and because of that the Vit build benefits them a lot. Demons on the other hand lean on a support/offence playstyle which is benefited by full Mag.

There are Vit build Demons and pure Mag Sages and both are great since at the end of the day the player behind the characters matters more than the cultivation and build combination they have chosen.

My final suggestion is this - If you PvP a lot then I'd suggest you follow a Vit build until your gear gets to a point where you feel you can restat to pure Mag since you seem to enjoy it.

If you mostly PvE, you might want to stick to the pure Mag build, although 6.8kHP sounds a little low. Do you have G16 Nirvana gear or something else?

Here's an old Vit build thread. The OP wasn't talking about edngame and R9rr but there was some discussion about it throughout the thread.

[SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Untamed_pain - Archosaur
    edited August 2014
    Yeah my veno is full g16 the gear is +5 and pataka +7

but i was thinking vit at least til im r9 or rrr9 and better geared. I don't do more pvp b/c im to squishy and 1 shot is NOT fun LOL. I was hoping to beable to survive with vit at least for now.
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited August 2014
    I see :3 but yeah it's better you go Vit for the time being and once you have a decently refined R9rr set you can try full Mag.

Plus, there's a lot to catch up to seeing you're only RB1... such as getting all the passive skills (includes defence) and leveling Nuema, getting some decent A cards and getting more Spirit stat (which makes quite the difference) etc.

I'd probably say, you shouldn't restat to pure Mag until you get can at least something like 12-13k HP unbuffed and 9k-10k phys.defence -in human form- unbuffed.* These were basically my stats when I was R9rr +8, with lvl7 passives and unleveled A cards, some leveled Nuema. That's probably the point where it may be safe to go pure Mag, assuming you still want to opt for that build in the future.

*Assuming these stats are as a pure Mag build, not as a full Vit build.
  • Marengo - Lost City
    Marengo - Lost City Posts: 771 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Untamed_pain, 7k hp is very low for pvp, but depends on your main TW targets. If they are approximately like you, there is a sense to go full vit. If many of them are r9r, you will be 1shot even with extra ~3k hp (not sure how much you can restat into vit right now). In this case it's probably better to keep the build which makes you feel more comfortable in pve (if you pve more) and farm for better gear. When it's done it will be easier to decide what role you like more, pure support or support/offence. Besides this decision is usually based on pvp experience, style and skills, really hard to say what would suit you more.

2 similarly geared foxes can argue to death about build and culti and never come to agreement b:chuckle It's a very personal choice x)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/elmarise
    pw art ◊ tinyurl.com/q6ca7ar ◊
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited August 2014
    Pretty much!
  • Untamed_pain - Archosaur
    edited August 2014
    Yes that is true and no most in my guild and others we fight are rrr9 +10 to +12 so yeah. i didn't have the coin atm but i just need Mogs and i can have some r9 pieces.

Ive been busting my butt to level her to 100 to rebirth her again. To try vit build.

i like trying new things i wanna stay alive i mean won't happen over night. Yeah couldn't play for 8 months or so laptop didn't wanna let me. so yes i got a lot of catching up to do and i still don't understand all the cards etc i still gotta look it up and ask. Hell i still gotta get a few skills demon to even learn the skills.