Best pet mood for pvp?

Options
Xdmghyper - Lost City
Xdmghyper - Lost City Posts: 207 Arc User
edited August 2014 in Venomancer
Hello,

I wanted to ask what is the best pvp mood for the nix? I am leading towards something with ghost as a skill. What do you guys think?

I am curious about the mood cunning with the skill corroding, can someone confirm if this skill is a self buff that last 1 hour or it is an attack?

I currently have the mood loony with the skill soulcough which is a self buff that interrupt's the the target's casting but in the pet icon it said something about there's a chance that there is a chance to debuff yourself? what does that even mean?
Post edited by Xdmghyper - Lost City on

Comments

• Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Someone else asked a similar question some time ago so I'm just going to copy&paste my response to them if that's okay:

As far as moods go...anything with Ghost or Mind is a must. Reduce damage taken from players is pretty important.
    Conservative/Earnest are pretty nice for example. It also has Spirit so you can make your pet unselectable for x seconds and send it to sneak stun someone.

My mood of choice, however, was Valiant as you can see in the link. Valiant offers a permanent anti-stun and Mind (which is better than Ghost because Mind's % is not affected by level, only the defence level is, which is a nice bonus, Ghost is just simple damage reduction). People will often stun to sleep/stun the pet while focusing on you but with permanent anti-stun they can't do that.
    Intrepid is similar to Valiant but it has Ghost instead of Mind.

There's also Indifferent that has Shadow which is like Tidal Protection for pets. It negates debuffs, DoTs etc. but I don't think it's very good for a Phoenix since it needs the player damage reduction buff, in my opinion.

Ghost/Mind won't make the pet totally strong but will be enough to distract players if they try to kill it. It would take a couple of hits which is enough for you to throw a Bewitch or a Purge etc.

Do not, I repeat, do not get any of the moods that say "Pet gets a buff, with this buff they have % chance to apply X on the target when attacking". You should always call your pet back against R9rr casters because the pet can trigger Purify proc like no tomorrow and basically give your opponent a free way out and purify your debuffs.

I currently have the mood loony with the skill soulcough which is a self buff that interrupt's the the target's casting but in the pet icon it said something about there's a chance that there is a chance to debuff yourself? what does that even mean?

Soulcough's desription is something like this I think "While attacking has a 30% chance to interrupt target's attack. Less effective on monsters." this means if your pet attacks once it has 30% chance to interrupt the opponent. It's mostly effective if it can attack multiple times...but this is bad against R9rr casters because of their purify proc weapons... It's decent otherwise though.

Personally I prefer to stay away from such skills that require attacking a lot but it's up to you. We do have Paralyze now and you can use it freely on any non-caster classes. In this case Cunning might be worth trying out so I'd say go for it.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★