few veno related questions~

cautiousfighter
cautiousfighter Posts: 0 Arc User
edited August 2014 in Venomancer
I've evolved my Glacial Walker and got the Pompus mood which I see is a good one for tanking and the inherited stats are:
Attack: 19/25
Defense: 11/30
HP: 5/30
atk lv: 3/20
def lv: 16/30
Now my questions about my pet is: do i have to reshape it again to get better stats? what should be the result?
what are the good skills for my pet for tanking instances and such?
Plus that i'm a noob when it's about making money as a veno, how to make decent amount of coins as a level 100 (almost 101) with t2 pataka 4+ and tt90 gear?
don't want to rb yet too
thanks in advance
b:thanks
Post edited by cautiousfighter on

Comments

• Vedovis - Lost City
    Vedovis - Lost City Posts: 942 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I've evolved my Glacial Walker and got the Pompus mood which I see is a good one for tanking and the inherited stats are:
    Attack: 19/25
    Defense: 11/30
    HP: 5/30
    def lv: 16/30
    Now my questions about my pet is: do i have to reshape it again to get better stats? what should be the result?
    what are the good skills for my pet for tanking instances and such?
    Plus that i'm a noob when it's about making money as a veno, how to make decent amount of coins as a level 100 (almost 101) with t2 pataka 4+ and tt90 gear?
    thanks in advance
    b:thanks

I would suggest reshaping it to get a high Defence / Defence Level and HP inherit if you intend on using it as a tanking pet. As far as Skill to help it tank - the defense skills Protect (+150% magic defence) and Strong (+150% physical defence) are expensive, yet quite useful. Reflect is another which helps to maintain aggro and damage, although is also a rare skill book. Similarly, Blessing of the Pack increases hp by +30%, which is of course very useful for tanks to have extra hp :)

Some decent, cheaper skills such as Tough (reduce damage by a %) or Threaten (reduce physical attack on an enemy) might also be useful if you are unable to afford or find the rare pet skills.

As far as coinmaking goes, you could try auto cultivating for a few hours each day for extra coin, or farm herbs in Heaven/Hell. Really, coinmaking is far easier as soon as you hit 100+, so perhaps focus more on hitting 100. At 100+ you can do BH which can give coin rewards, Advanced cube is available where you can sell the cog you get for profit. If you ever rebirth and hit 100 again, selling the Flowsilver coins you get can also be very lucrative.
    edit: thought you were 9x, my bad D= This guide also has some good, current tips if you'd fancy a read :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

| Signature made by Fishy!~ | Semiretired |
  • cautiousfighter
    edited August 2014
    thanks for the info :3, but is advanced cube the same cube of fate?
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Yeah it is. Cube of Fate regular rooms are 1-50 and you can continue into Advanced from 51 to 60. The latter is for farming Cogs. There are some guides on cogs if you take an interest in farming them for either yourself (getting a G14 Cube necklace) or to sell for coin.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Vedovis - Lost City
    edited August 2014
    One such guide.From what I recall it requires a couple of hundred k investment, but the cog nearly always makes up for it and nets a profit.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• cautiousfighter
    edited August 2014
    personally gonna think i'll go broke if i try doing cube XD
  • cautiousfighter
    edited August 2014
    little update about my supreme walker:
    Attack: 18/25
    Defense: 22/30
    HP: 23/30
    def lv: 43/60
    is that a good reshape or should i try again?b:chuckle
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    That one's pretty good.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Yeah, it looks like a really nice roll.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • cautiousfighter
    edited August 2014
    i've been wondering also, if i reshape the mood, will it show the option to accept changes or cancel like reshaping the inherited stats?
  • Vedovis - Lost City
    edited August 2014
    i've been wondering also, if i reshape the mood, will it show the option to accept changes or cancel like reshaping the inherited stats?

When rerolling a mood, you are given the option to cancel & stay with your original mood, or to switch.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• dakwa1
    dakwa1 Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I just started using a pet with mine after level 43. I find I spend more time healing than fighting. I tanked good with her before the pet, now it seems she is really hampered with it. Am I doing something wrong with the pet, or should I just go back to tanking with my Veno.
    I may not be the best player in the world, but at least I learn my Toon, and how to play them. b:laugh
  • Vedovis - Lost City
    edited August 2014
    dakwa1 wrote: »
    I just started using a pet with mine after level 43. I find I spend more time healing than fighting. I tanked good with her before the pet, now it seems she is really hampered with it. Am I doing something wrong with the pet, or should I just go back to tanking with my Veno.

Is your pet your current level? What level are the mobs you are fighting, and what pet is it?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• dakwa1
    edited August 2014
    Is your pet your current level? What level are the mobs you are fighting, and what pet is it?

My Veno is lvl 45, and my pet is lvl 39, and I am fighting lvl 46- 51. I can solo them better than using a pet, and trying to lvl the pet. I have dropped down to lvl 29-36 to try and lvl it, but that does not help either, it still get trashed.
    I may not be the best player in the world, but at least I learn my Toon, and how to play them. b:laugh
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited August 2014
    What pet is it as well? Some pets (such as magnites and glacial walker) will be much better at surviving than others (such as snow hares). The pet you're using makes a big difference in whether you let it damage sponge for you or you're the one who tanks.

That aside, as long as you can handle the mobs you're fighting yourself, you're better off overall just killing them to get the pet leveled up. No need to worry about going to mobs closer to the pet's level unless you get into something you can't quite manage yet and feel the assistance from a pet would be handy for.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • dakwa1
    edited August 2014
    OPKossy wrote: »
    What pet is it as well? Some pets (such as magnites and glacial walker) will be much better at surviving than others (such as snow hares). The pet you're using makes a big difference in whether you let it damage sponge for you or you're the one who tanks.

That aside, as long as you can handle the mobs you're fighting yourself, you're better off overall just killing them to get the pet leveled up. No need to worry about going to mobs closer to the pet's level unless you get into something you can't quite manage yet and feel the assistance from a pet would be handy for.

Ok thanks. I had not used a pet, and tanked more than even my "Tanks" could solo with her. LOL
    So far she has been my best tank in the game. I just did not know if it would be useful later on or not.