Most underrated Seeker skill?

Colum - Raging Tide
Colum - Raging Tide Posts: 1,696 Arc User
edited September 2014 in Seeker
I thought to make a thread for every class and ask you folks...

Which is the most underrated skill amongst your class? The kind of skill, that other players of your class dont really seem to appreciate, at least not most of them, but you've found a nice use for it.

You could also mention why you personally like this skill and why others do not favor it so much. Both PvE and PvP scenarios are welcomed.
Leader of Cyanure on Valonsurma and a proud member of Vertu
Demon Strength Barbarian 103/103/101

Demon Pure Mag Cleric 102/102/101 | Demon 4 APS Assassin 102/102/101 | Demon Pure Mag Mystic 102/101/101 | Demon Pure Mag Psychic 100/100/93 | Demon 4 APS-Barbarian 100/100 | HA-venomancer 100 | DPH Assassin 100 | Pure Mag Wizard 100 | Demon Pure Mag Stormbringer 96 | Demon DPS Archer 94 | Sage Vit Barbarian 93 | Demon All-Path Blademaster 93 | Str Seeker 86 | Pure Mag Venomancer 81 | Pure Mag Wizard 81 | Pure Dex Duskblade 47
Post edited by Colum - Raging Tide on

Comments

• Kittysama - Raging Tide_1432680721
    edited July 2014
    Archangels.

'Cause in PVE that crit boost ish so effin nice, as well as they do nice damage and don't really die that easily as some think they do. Very well used spark.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Final ragequit on 21/02/2014 'cause ARC. Back on 15/04/2014, RL was bored.
    Ten Paths of Kittyness(old mains when deleted): Kittysama 100(100) Sage HA-Venomancer |Aivina 100(101) Sage (ex-Zerk) Str. Seeker | Kittytart 90(101) Demon All path Zerk BM | KittyFishie 92(101) Demon APS/DPH Zerk Assassin | Haroin 100(100) Demon Vit. Zerk Barbarian | Elfborn 82(100) Demon Cleric | Pessimiste 85(100) Sage Wizard | PalavaEnkeli 87(100) Demon Fist/APS-Archer | VerenVanki 85(100) Demon Mystic | MerenPeto 85(100) Sage Psychic
    Current mains: Old psy and 19 new/recreated mains(avg. level 82)
  • Ebrithalia - Dreamweaver
    Ebrithalia - Dreamweaver Posts: 441 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Bloodthirsty blitz is underrated a lot in what i see on my server. In pvp, its a decent aoe that deal moderate damage ( or high with a zerk) in a aoe, nice when surrounded and it heal you for a flat 20%, wish is 5,4k to me when im full buff. For pve, it will tear off aggro from who has it and give it to me, even if the person outDD me decently, and ill end up holding it for a bit. Quite good to catch a group of mobs or to tank a boss that goes on a rampage or something along ( fsp last boss Frenzy for example)
    Ebrithalia -Sage Seeker
  • LuckingFoco - Raging Tide
    LuckingFoco - Raging Tide Posts: 712 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I would have to say Soul Shatter. I've lost count on how many squads I've been on with other seekers that never cast it on a boss even when I say I will cast it first or second (once the first wears off)

It makes things a lot easier with glass cannons that can whomp the hell out of a boss when sparked
    Malice Leader - Raging Tides

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ravensfeill - Archosaur
    Ravensfeill - Archosaur Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Parchblade dance , it has gnarly potential dudes it's overlooked because the proc rate is low, and that would still hold true cept the new skills like wind blade and glow blade on a Spam the proc shows up quite a bit since u are spamming for results of 3 stances instead of just 1 meaning that a person can rapidly inflict status effects on somebody, see I kept the old parchblade and use wind blade and glow blade while using heartseeker to proc the immoblize, it will pick either skill parch or immoblize and depending on what I hit the person with I'll rush them and stun with parch or back up and kite until glow let's me knock weapon outta their hands switch to soul to debuff, before they get their weapon back, then void step back to parch to use wind to over write soul sever def lvs and weapon switch sac slash , fortify qpq., rewinding gesture , frenzy, blade ion affinty ,and it's generally over by then, if not before that the PARCH has been helping deal with tidal sin or barb lock when I splash some occult ice in the combo it's not a insane like the new skills everybody else got but it's so old school nobody really expects somebody to break it out and then work.
  • Alphaben - Raging Tide
    Alphaben - Raging Tide Posts: 226 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I'd have to say Archangels of Justice/Angels of Justice

A lot of people don't seem to use them that much (atleast on RT they seem almost none existent save for mine) even though they're fairly strong and have some useful debuffs, also the upgrade to archangels changes the spark from 2 sparks to only 1 meaning it's possible to triple spark, summon them ( then use white tea/genie chi skill) and edge blur/vortex

Some mega powered combos with them, and they can mostly solo mobs. Best part is the aoe skill that can stun and does magic damage...Can cause so much chaos in pvp b:laugh

Even the lv80 version are pretty powerful, if not atleast good for defense or agroing mobs away in a pinch
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nudimmud - Lost City
    Nudimmud - Lost City Posts: 175 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I'll go with bloodthirsty.

It creates a massive amount of aggro, heals you, and is a ranged aoe. For the chi cost, its worth it.

Most seekers who have it underestimate it sadly.
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited July 2014
    Anything that isn't Vortex or Auto-Attack. Especially the debuffs. Most seekers don't debuff.

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    i tend to like archangels

not much praise about it tho, i seen like maybe 1-2 pple who use it similar to me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • XXHotXx - Morai
    XXHotXx - Morai Posts: 1,246 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    the whole demon seeker class is underrated

demon unfetter -> rewinding -> demon unfetter even more underrated
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123510
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123524

i58.tinypic.com/231jj8.jpg
    edited July 2014

b:surrender Problem is demon seeker on DW barely exist and i can only count 1 that can do remotely anything. Beside that, they do not use their demon bonus correctly at all
    Ebrithalia -Sage Seeker
  • bobboberts
    bobboberts Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited July 2014

The one issue I have with demon unfetter is that if i'm stunned, I can't use it to purify the stun.

As for the most underrated skills, I'd go with the stances that aren't soulsever, I see it used more than any other stance and it's typically never actually activated because people go straight into vortex.
    edited July 2014
    bobboberts wrote: »
    The one issue I have with demon unfetter is that if i'm stunned, I can't use it to purify the stun.

As for the most underrated skills, I'd go with the stances that aren't soulsever, I see it used more than any other stance and it's typically never actually activated because people go straight into vortex.

thats why primal skills have the stance merge, to make it easier for seeker to kick themself into using them XD
    Ebrithalia -Sage Seeker
  • aftermath86
    aftermath86 Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Blade Affinity - At least on my server only a handful out of many seekers realize its terrifying power.
    Ion Spike - That reduction in resistance is great! Its good to get in the habit of switching out of Soulsever so the proc chance is better (no stance is best).
    Sacrificial Slash+Quid Pro Quo - If you don't have them I highly recommend them, especially the primal versions which will save you a lot of time.

Most of the skills in this post I agree with as well, except for soul shatter which is used all the time even when there are no Earth and Fire skill users around.
  • Colum - Raging Tide
    edited August 2014
    Edged Blur in PvE use.

Demon Pure Mag Cleric 102/102/101 | Demon 4 APS Assassin 102/102/101 | Demon Pure Mag Mystic 102/101/101 | Demon Pure Mag Psychic 100/100/93 | Demon 4 APS-Barbarian 100/100 | HA-venomancer 100 | DPH Assassin 100 | Pure Mag Wizard 100 | Demon Pure Mag Stormbringer 96 | Demon DPS Archer 94 | Sage Vit Barbarian 93 | Demon All-Path Blademaster 93 | Str Seeker 86 | Pure Mag Venomancer 81 | Pure Mag Wizard 81 | Pure Dex Duskblade 47
  • Yajirushi - Raging Tide
    Yajirushi - Raging Tide Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I feel like Parchedblade Dance is underrated. The stance from it is pretty nice and being able to stun groups of mobs is always fun and helps out.
  • knezleon
    knezleon Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I personally think Devour is a really nice skill, Barbs don't use it much because of the chi cost but It's not too much when you chain it up in a nice combo. I mean it lowers the attack lvl, the physical defense by a lot, also draws aggro, so it's like a flesh ream that uses 15 more chi, but gives the opponent some awesome debuffs.
    edited August 2014
    knezleon wrote: »
    I personally think Devour is a really nice skill, Barbs don't use it much because of the chi cost but It's not too much when you chain it up in a nice combo. I mean it lowers the attack lvl, the physical defense by a lot, also draws aggro, so it's like a flesh ream that uses 15 more chi, but gives the opponent some awesome debuffs.

b:angry shoo go away Kitty, this is about seeker skills only

joke aside, lot of barb do spam devour
    Ebrithalia -Sage Seeker
  • Lewwiz - Dreamweaver
    Lewwiz - Dreamweaver Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    on pve, soul shatter and mind shatter, while on pvp... is a hard one, im really dated, but back in the day it was the angels, they are great on pve too, but on pvp gives a stun, then a crit boost i think is an amazing skill underrated by its chi consuption mainly
  • Medaka - Morai
    Medaka - Morai Posts: 196 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Pvp wise I gotta say Parchedblade... sure it can be a pain when it doesn't proc but then it becomes awesome when it does, especially in NW. Catch a bunch of those people chasing the flag into your aoe stun and they're practically dead :>.
  • Samaranight - Sanctuary
    Samaranight - Sanctuary Posts: 144 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Edged Blur in PvE use.

Definitely.

And I've been saying it since Genesis release and I'll keep saying it: Edged Blur would make for an awesome aggro tool if it generated enmity.
  • jakedragonzs
    jakedragonzs Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I'd have to underrated skills in pvp would be the shatters and Blitz.
    Obviously the shatters don't -work- in pvp, but they do give you a nice 30 chi, and then 20 chi every 15 seconds. Primal version is 25 chi every 15 seconds for a low cast time.
    And like previously stated, Blitz heals 20% hp, can be a hell of a life saver in plenty of situations, and even knock of some squishies with a zerk crit.
  • Colum - Raging Tide
    edited August 2014
    Obviously the shatters don't -work- in pvp, but they do give you a nice 30 chi, and then 20 chi every 15 seconds. Primal version is 25 chi every 15 seconds for a low cast time.
    And like previously stated, Blitz heals 20% hp, can be a hell of a life saver in plenty of situations, and even knock of some squishies with a zerk crit.

No one ever seems to shatter the NW Towers. b:surrender

edited September 2014

why would you use shatters on people for chi when the cast time is not that fast and youd get same amount of chi by just spamming the 3 basic skills. Like, using them is just wasting time to gain chi where you can get same amoutn while doing damage and having better chance at killing.

b:surrender theres a reason those thing are for pve only, and using them for chi is just wasted time in a fight
    Ebrithalia -Sage Seeker
  • mrcharlytera
    mrcharlytera Posts: 21 Arc User
    Edged Blur in PvE use.
    Yup, this one. If you are PvE in a squad, Edged Blur bangs out damage while you are ensuring the debuffs are constantly up on the boss (Northern Sky Waltz . . . .).