Turtle Vs. E. Plumpfish

cornmaiden
cornmaiden Posts: 20 Arc User
edited July 2014 in Venomancer
I am currently level 76 and almost able to tame a Celestial Plumpfish.

I have an awesome turtle who has tanked everything in the water for me so far; including that Lochmur fish boss at the end of the 51+ TB chain. He is 72 at the moment due to lack of water quests at this time.

From reading up about pets and other Veno related material, others have said that Turtle is better, but takes longer to train since the best turtles are very low leveled (I tamed mine at level 5 in the lakes near City of Plume) and the lazy way is to just tame a random pet of your level range in the area up until 80 then just use a Plumpfish.

So, Turtle > Plumpfish, but unfortunately Plumpfish can evolve unlike my turtle. Does an evolved Plumpfish preform much better than a turtle to the point I should abandon my turtle and start working on a Plumpfish at level 80?

Edit:

Possibly, to avoid making a 2nd thread:

Will using the AoE Myriad (I want to say the Fox form one, I don't have them yet) on the boss in big room cause the mini me guy to blow up?
Post edited by cornmaiden on

Comments

• Kittysama - Raging Tide_1432680721
    edited July 2014
    Fox Form Myriad causes him to blow if either of DoTs triggers, Kitty thinks o,o If just def. debuffs trigger, then no worries.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Final ragequit on 21/02/2014 'cause ARC. Back on 15/04/2014, RL was bored.
    Ten Paths of Kittyness(old mains when deleted): Kittysama 100(100) Sage HA-Venomancer |Aivina 100(101) Sage (ex-Zerk) Str. Seeker | Kittytart 90(101) Demon All path Zerk BM | KittyFishie 92(101) Demon APS/DPH Zerk Assassin | Haroin 100(100) Demon Vit. Zerk Barbarian | Elfborn 82(100) Demon Cleric | Pessimiste 85(100) Sage Wizard | PalavaEnkeli 87(100) Demon Fist/APS-Archer | VerenVanki 85(100) Demon Mystic | MerenPeto 85(100) Sage Psychic
    Current mains: Old psy and 19 new/recreated mains(avg. level 82)
  • cornmaiden
    edited July 2014
    Ohh forgot about the bleeds and poison, thanks =p
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Looking at the pet stats page on Ecatomb (where pet stats are projected to level 105), the level 5 turtles like your Riptide Tortoise have better stats than the unbuffed Fantastical Angelfish, but given a decent inheritance roll and mood, the Angelfish will easily surpass the Tortoise. Of course, any of the evolved legendaries will outperform the Angelfish.

Personally, I dumped my level 100 Abysmal Turtle when pet evolution came out.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • cornmaiden
    edited July 2014
    Thank you Mayfly, I'll be sure to pick up a Plumpfish at level 80. = (

Me and my turtle have had some good times. =D
  • Hisiala - Morai
    Hisiala - Morai Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Ah... water pets...

It has been so long since I used one. You can keep the turtle or get the angelfish, either way, you will rarely use them because lack of quests, and your level and gear that lets you tank a lot of water stuff on your own.

Only moments that I think you might need them is when you have to face a boss in the water or in Dragon Temple, where siren mobs can be nasty.

But yes, the turtle is a good water tank while the angelfish needs good inherited stats to get to that point. Its bonus are the special skills gained from the mood, so if you got space in the pet bag, you might want to keep both of them till you know for sure who to keep