Cannot decompose weapons I bought from npc to get the yiyuan stones

Options
ladynightlock
ladynightlock Posts: 0 Arc User
edited July 2014 in The Crafting Nook
I need 15 of those stones for a request and I read that I could decompose weapons I buy from a npc and get 5 stones each but nothing is showing up and it won't let me hit start. Help please?
Post edited by ladynightlock on

Comments

• opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited July 2014
    Options
    The lowest type of weapons available from the NPCs in starter cities are too low a level to be decomposed. You'd have to use the second weakest weapons/armors/ornaments.

Also, if you don't have a crafting level equal to or greater than what's required to make the item you wish to decompose (in this case, level 1 is the minimum), you won't be able to decompose them.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • ladynightlock
    ladynightlock Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Options
    It says I'm level 1 blacksmith
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Alright. In that case, try to decompose something like this weapon for the Yiyuans as a weapon that's too low a level will result in not being able to decompose it.

Also, make sure the weapon is fully repaired before decomposing (shouldn't be an issue when bought from a NPC but good to check regardless). If you still have issues, could you provide a screenshot for reference?
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Evryn - Morai
    Evryn - Morai Posts: 1,437 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Simpler way: Gather 2 Sandstone and 2 Pig Iron (plenty of those around the starting cities). Buy 4 Red Jade from a merchant. Craft 2 "Leafcutters" (polearms). Then decompose them. You'll get enough YiYuan stones from those.

I used to refill my genie stamina bar that way on earlier levels :)
    I'm so P.R.O... I Press Respawn Often.

Ulsyr 103/103/104 BM. Working on the last R9 part (Axe).
    Khelvan 103/103/103 LA Cler. LA? LA. Deal with it.
    Evryn 103/102/101 Sagely Mystical Myst of Mystiness.
    Gromth 102/102/102 Sage Panda.
    StoneSnake - Snakeshop for everyone's common stones.