Gravel Blade: Why the **** did I do this!?

2»

Comments

• Kniraven - Lost City
    Kniraven - Lost City Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    No, no.. After seeing the post I quote below I do believe I'm done with him.

You're very dense. There's not much point in indulging your stupidity and letting you fill the thread with it.

Thanks for bumping her thread though I suppose.

The status thing is not a legitimate complaint, there was 0 loss in chance to get the proc you want. None whatsoever.

The accuracy complaint was unbelievable ignorance.

The one sentence on pve aoe could be legitimate but it's not even the meat of the post, it was single sentence filler.

here:

Being limited to this skill gives us a loss in dd option. Where as before i could use metal skills or other debuffing attacks and wait for the proc, i must now use this particular skill whenever it comes off cd in hopes to inflict the desired status.

Discuss!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zanryu - Lothranis
    Zanryu - Lothranis Posts: 1,998 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    The status thing is not a legitimate complaint, there was 0 loss in chance to get the proc you want. None whatsoever.

The accuracy complaint was unbelievable ignorance.

The one sentence on pve aoe could be legitimate but it's not even the meat of the post, it was single sentence filler.

here:

Being limited to this skill gives us a loss in dd option. Where as before i could use metal skills or other debuffing attacks and wait for the proc, i must now use this particular skill whenever it comes off cd in hopes to inflict the desired status.

Discuss!

What if I want to get Spirit Bore and all I get is Bloodletting?

The stances allowed each attack to inflict one of those statuses on a target, however with the new skill it's all wrapped into one skill. The only good thing about it is the range and short cooldown, but it still makes it less likely to actually get a status off when you'd like to because of the fact that there's now an actual cooldown on how often you can try, instead of having each attack or skill set it off.

That's an issue here. How are you not getting this?

Okay, now I'm done. I just thought I'd try one last time to get the message through your thick skull.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks to the beautiful and talanted Zheii for the sigb:dirty

youtube.com/ZanryuPWI
    youtube.com/ZanryuGaming

I read the forums naked.
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    edited May 2014
    Lol... Anyone here who passed middle school math is laughing at you right now.
    If you want spiritbore, you use the skill until you get spirit bore. It has a 65% chance to inflict spiritbore just like it did before. The 25% chance to get bloodletting doesn't have any effect whatsoever on your 65% chance to get spiritbore.

Before with the old skill she had:
    65% spirit bore, 35% nothing.

Now she has:
    65% spirit bore, 25% blood letting, 10% nothing.

With the other stance she had
    25% blood letting, 75% nothing.

Only person dense here is you

What if you wanted spiritbore and you got bloodletting instead?
    Well at least you got blood letting. With her old skill you'd have gotten jack squat.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver
    DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I think the key point here is that before the status effect was a passive; you entered a stance and then every auto attack/skill you used had a chance to apply desired status.

Now the status can only be applied by one skill which needs to be spammed repeatedly until a status is applied and this has a cd, so during it's cd (3 seconds) you use another skill/attack which DOES NOT have a chance to apply any status.

So yes in real terms the % to apply either of these statuses has dropped, when looked at from an actual fight perspective, rather than one skill.

As a sidenote one of these statuses requires you to be in melee range for you to use the combo'ed skill so would be wasted anyway of you were going for a gemini combo from range.

Whether this is a good thing or bad thing or how it affects play style, or strategy, I'll leave that up to the seekers to decide.
    DarkSkiesx - Demon Archer
    mypers.pw/1.7/#114350

DarkSeasx - Sage Assassin
    mypers.pw/1.7/#136481

youtube.com/darkskiesx
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    edited May 2014
    I think the key point here is that before the status effect was a passive; you entered a stance and then every auto attack/skill you used had a chance to apply desired status.

Now the status can only be applied by one skill which needs to be spammed repeatedly until a status is applied and this has a cd, so during it's cd (3 seconds) you use another skill/attack which DOES NOT have a chance to apply any status.

So yes in real terms the % to apply either of these statuses has dropped, when looked at from an actual fight perspective, rather than one skill.

As a sidenote one of these statuses requires you to be in melee range for you to use the combo'ed skill so would be wasted anyway of you were going for a gemini combo from range.

Whether this is a good thing or bad thing or how it affects play style, or strategy, I'll leave that up to the seekers to decide.

See, i agree with you/me on that point. i already said that a couple posts up.
    It has a cd and limits dd options. It potentially reduces the amount of opportunities you have to inflict the status because of a 3 sec cd.

That should be the real topic for this skill change.

What i am arguing though is that the reasons posted by the OP are ridiculous and ignorant.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zheii - Archosaur
    Zheii - Archosaur Posts: 2,732 Arc User
    edited May 2014

See, i agree with you/me on that point. i already said that a couple posts up.
    It has a cd and limits dd options. It potentially reduces the amount of opportunities you have to inflict the status because of a 3 sec cd.

That should be the real topic for this skill change.

What i am arguing though is that the reasons posted by the OP are ridiculous and ignorant.

Edit: So dear Kniraven can stop blowing a fuse.
    I understand that physical skills don't have an accuracy in and of themselves, and it is based off the players accuracy, mentioning otherwise was my mistake, it was something I had never even bothered to look into before now, I hadn't seen a reason to, and from just experiencing fighting, on my seeker before I actually learnt anything about it (a long time ago) it seemed to me that some skills hit more than others, at the time I didn't realize that magic attacks never miss. The idea of some skills having a base accuracy carried on other from there and sort of stuck with me, and again: that's my mistake, and I've admitted I was wrong.

Now, the rest of what I was trying to communicate was said quite well here:

To expand on that, with magic skills I had a 100% chance to hit, and therefore a higher % to apply a status effect, now without the ability to use a 100% accuracy skill to attempt to apply a status effect gone, you'd have to understand me, who had created a playing style around, putting a stance on, spamming metal attacks until I got the de buff then procing it with whatever phy skill it related to, and if I missed I'd go back to spamming metal attacks.
    Now I have one skill to rely on when before I had ALL my skills, to me this is a huge change, and a huge downgrade.

The fact that you're putting so much energy into this thread is quite funny Kniraven, I honestly don't understand why xD.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Queen of Silly, circa 2014, as conferred by the late great Proski Wallace.
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    edited May 2014

The fact that you're putting so much energy into this thread is quite funny Kniraven, I honestly don't understand why xD.

That's cute Zheii,
    but absolutely nothing that the person you quoted said had anything at all to do with your original post.

He has one inaccurate sentence though, which is the "in real terms the % is dropped" part. The % has not been effected in any way. You simply have less opportunities to apply the status. To say that causes the "% to drop" would be akin to saying that you being stunned causes the "% to drop". its kind of silly.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zheii - Archosaur
    Zheii - Archosaur Posts: 2,732 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    That's cute Zheii,
    but absolutely nothing that the person you quoted said had anything at all to do with your original post.

You really think it's cute? Awwwh shucks! You're going to make me blush!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Queen of Silly, circa 2014, as conferred by the late great Proski Wallace.
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I picked "no its fine".

Its mostly because when i use my seeker, its during TW or NW.
    Admist all the chaos going around and being bombarded with attacks, I usually never had the luxury of using the few seconds of switching stances and/or looking at a target to see if anything proc'ed so i can land another thing without getting stunned sealed or something.
    Attk and gtfo or i end up facing their 34857274 other R999 bro's...
    as far as accuracy is concerned, ive not had any problems with it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Kalopsia - Dreamweaver
    Kalopsia - Dreamweaver Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited May 2014

Now she has:
    65% spirit bore, 25% blood letting, 10% nothing.

This isn't how the procs work, the 65% and 25% chance are independent of one another, resulting in still a 35% chance of proc'ing nothing, while allowing the chance to proc both with a single skill.

As someone who has played a seeker as their main since EG's came out, the new skills are great, prior to the update seekers had very little cc in 1v1. I myself opted not to use any stance most of the time to maintain heartseeker's 100% proc. Allowing for some cc and still being able to proc past stances gives seekers a lot more versatility.

For the OP, you'll definitely need to get some more accuracy, try getting a couple LG phy rings for now if you aren't rank, they still give 200mag def each + the 50% acc. Also, do your titles, they're an easy, free way to get an extra 300+ accuracy.
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    edited May 2014
    This isn't how the procs work, the 65% and 25% chance are independent of one another, resulting in still a 35% chance of proc'ing nothing, while allowing the chance to proc both with a single skill.

Well, damn. That actually makes the skill even BETTER than what I was describing it as being.
    I see no reason to complain at all.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Alphaben - Raging Tide
    Alphaben - Raging Tide Posts: 226 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Sage Parchedblade is 25% chance of applying the effect

Sage Soulsever is 65% chance of applying the effect

If anything, it's a combo skill with the same effects, so not much of an upgrade b:surrender

It shouldn't be skill based on accuracy though...If I wanted to worry about that I would've remade my barb (I've got 1810 accuracy on seeker and almost never miss with my skills unless someone ADs)

I'll just stay away from Gravel Blade...I love my soulsever b:thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Niob - Harshlands
    Niob - Harshlands Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I'm a noob, but I'll share my thoughts anyway. I've heard that a (reasonably) dex build seeker is good for pvp since he could hit LA classes with melee attacks, this skill would probably benefit such a seeker as there's a greater chance to inflict a status effect with the first attack. So I wouldn't say this skill sucks, it's just more suitable for some players than others.