Veno auto-cultiv

XiaoWu - Morai
XiaoWu - Morai Posts: 7 Arc User
edited July 2014 in Venomancer
Hello, i need some tips about how to farm with auto-cultivaiton on venomancer, mobs type, macro, any tips please :d
Post edited by XiaoWu - Morai on

Comments

• Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited June 2014

mobs type
    Anything that can you kill comfortably, really. Something that's within your level range (if you're under 100) or just things that can't kill you too easily, monsters that aren't too aggressive (to avoid mob ganks) and such. You might have to search around a bit and try things out until you find the right spot. I had to do this for every character I've attempted to auto-cultivate with.

If you're looking for a place to train pets; you can go to Cube or other areas with non-aggressive [?] monsters.

any tips
    From the newer HA stick guide:

Along with the solo capability, HA/AA venos can farm using autocultivation without needing autopot/charms, since they can heal back their hp with leech spamming (since they have the accuracy necessary and more dmg), and triple spark/consume spirit for mp. Though it should be also noted that Dark Taboo, the primal version, never misses and restores more hp. However, because this is a melee skill, HA/AA venos still hold an advantage that they will take less damage at melee; you can pretty much autocultivate until your weapon breaks with no worries about hp or mp.

For AAs, if you're still in the level ranges where you can get free charms just use them and set up a regular macro with attack skills. Otherwise you might need an auto-recovery stone so you can keep your MP (and HP) up.
    You can also add things like Metabolic Boost, Soul Transfusion, Nature's Grace and Double/Triple sparking into your macro to recover MP and such.

Alternatively, just leave your Venomancer in Fox Form and do it in the same style as HAs but you'll have less damage in Fox Form and be more vulnerable than them.

If you have an auto-recovery stone or charms you can put your pet to attack, otherwise I'd advice it being on defend. I have mine on defend regardless so it can attack monsters that attack me.

Macros are pretty simple, just fill it with Venomous Scarab and maybe a double/triple Spark. If mobs can be aggro'd in groups then throw a Noxious Gas in there too. Lucky Scarab is also good to have for the stun. The updated macros work well enough that you don't need to worry too much about how you set them up.

For assistance add Pet Heal and things like Soul Transfusion, Metabolic boost etc. I'd avoid Summer Sprint though because I think that makes the bot freeze. How often you want the assistance macro to go off depends on how, where and what you're fighting so you have to experiment with that.

That's all I can think of though there might be more that I missed - the best way is really to try and test things out yourself until you find the ideal place.

[SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • XiaoWu - Morai
    edited June 2014
    Thanks, i wanna go Fox Form and Leech on AA i hope it will be okey if i get a DD pet, bcuz i don`t wanna buy tons of pots and recovery item bla bla, and about pet, should i bot with Herc or get a DD one wich kill fast and hold aggro?
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited June 2014
    Yeah try it Fox Form style like HAs. It should work, it just might be slower than HAs due to lower damage in Fox From from the lack of Str.

Hercules is not a bad pet to bot with as it's less likely to die from monsters whereas DD pets being squishy-er might need more frequent pet healing.

If you already have a DD pet, set up your bot and observe it for a few minutes to see how it goes, whether it takes too much damage and how often you should Heal Pet (assuming you bot Fox Form style as an AA, the pet is likely to steal aggro off of you). If you don't have a DD pet, just test it out with the Hercules and go with it.

Unfortunately, I've only ever auto-cultivated with the luxury of an auto-recovery stone (as a Venomancer that is) so I just threw a macro and was done with it. Whatever I've written are things I've read around the forums or heard from others so I don't know how accurate my posts are but I hope they help.

PS. Make sure you the use "arrow" icon at the beginning of each macro. It's found in the macro window as you open it. Its purpose is to repeat your macro cycle over and over.
  • Evryn - Morai
    Evryn - Morai Posts: 1,437 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Another trick you can use, but you'd need a pretty powerful pet:
    - Use a bow.
    - Pet on agressive.
    - "Melee attack" as primary attack combo.

Pet heal on support every minute or so.
    I'm so P.R.O... I Press Respawn Often.

Ulsyr 103/103/104 BM. Working on the last R9 part (Axe).
    Khelvan 103/103/103 LA Cler. LA? LA. Deal with it.
    Evryn 103/102/101 Sagely Mystical Myst of Mystiness.
    Gromth 102/102/102 Sage Panda.
    StoneSnake - Snakeshop for everyone's common stones.
  • XiaoWu - Morai
    edited June 2014
    Another trick you can use, but you'd need a pretty powerful pet:
    - Use a bow.
    - Pet on agressive.
    - "Melee attack" as primary attack combo.

Pet heal on support every minute or so.
    How I can heal my pet if i equip bow? o.O - herc is enough strong?

Edit: Btw, help me to make a combo for cast Leech 2 times on same mob :(
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited June 2014
    You can't heal pets if you have a bow equipped. A bow is a good option if you want to auto-cultivate at places like Cube where you can 1-shot the monsters. That's only for leveling pets though, you get no EXP yourself or drops for coin.

On macros; I'll have to log on and/or look at ecatomb.net to give you an example of a macro but I'm going to bed right now so.. x.x I'll post tomorrow.
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    You actually do get XP in Mice Bashing room, but only 1 XP per mob.

Repeat->Leech->Normal Attack would cast Leech as soon as it's off cooldown.

If you're going to use Consume Spirit, I'd use it as the last skill in the assist macro, as it costs HP to cast so you don't want to cast it too often.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • Ophida - Dreamweaver
    Ophida - Dreamweaver Posts: 971 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I just have venomous spamming to build up chi, and triple spark on the attack macro (rebuilds mp).
    For assist macro, I have pet heal and metabolic boost.
    The only times I've come back to a dead veno have been when the game's DCd me b:shutup

See below for macros (top = attack, bottom = assist). It's the one character I've found not to get stuck when I add a spark into the macro??!

33lp1g1.png
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    tempest-dw.shivtr.com
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited June 2014
    Looks like someone replied before me o/
  • Kittysama - Raging Tide_1432680721
    edited July 2014
    On her HA-veno Kitty used to have simple Repeat-Leech-Autoattack-macro. It was enough to keep Kitty alive until weapon broke. Kitty's just been too lazy lately to put her new venos botting for XP =.='
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Final ragequit on 21/02/2014 'cause ARC. Back on 15/04/2014, RL was bored.
    Ten Paths of Kittyness(old mains when deleted): Kittysama 100(100) Sage HA-Venomancer |Aivina 100(101) Sage (ex-Zerk) Str. Seeker | Kittytart 90(101) Demon All path Zerk BM | KittyFishie 92(101) Demon APS/DPH Zerk Assassin | Haroin 100(100) Demon Vit. Zerk Barbarian | Elfborn 82(100) Demon Cleric | Pessimiste 85(100) Sage Wizard | PalavaEnkeli 87(100) Demon Fist/APS-Archer | VerenVanki 85(100) Demon Mystic | MerenPeto 85(100) Sage Psychic
    Current mains: Old psy and 19 new/recreated mains(avg. level 82)
  • CaitlinDan - Heavens Tear
    CaitlinDan - Heavens Tear Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    What if I wanted to use my pet for auto culti?

Is it possible to get the pet to attack mainly? Seeing as how I'm RA, my pet is 100 and I'm still 80; the harpy would have more firepower?
    I copied Desdi's font color. It's too pretty. Forgive me Desdi b:thanks
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    No way to make pets attack aside from reacting to your attacks (in auto mode) or attacks against you (in defend mode) while auto-cultivating. The system wasn't exactly designed to take advantage of veno strengths.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • jonjonz
    jonjonz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I have been trying like macro setups when auto-cultivating with my Veno.

I have one set for fox form, against flying mobs using my windwalking piggy that is rock solid, but rather slow. It avoids pot use and charm ticks, minimizing expenses.

I have one set up for human form against land mobs using either my Herc or my Kowlin.

A fast pet is an asset as they can often grab aggro before your first cast lands.

The Kowlin starts running towards the mob the instant you start channeling an attack and often gets to and hits the mob before your cast strikes the mob. This makes it more effective at keeping aggro off me while auto-cultivating.

I add Master Li's Technique to build sparks faster.

In my human form set ups, the thing I am having a hard time getting right is timing my assist macros to most efficiently keep my MP filled to avoid charm ticks or pot use.

What kind of timings work for you concerning your assists and other tips to maintain health and MP in human form?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    BabaORiley
    PW New Kid