Leveling pets

Itamio - Lost City
Itamio - Lost City Posts: 37 Arc User
edited May 2014 in Venomancer
Hello, everyone.

I'm trying to use the auto-cultivation to level my pet on the lvl 100 Elemental Immune mobs near Etherblade and it's not going particularily well.

My pet can 1-shot the mobs with Bash so killing them is not a problem. The problem is that my veno stops going after new mobs and just stands there after ~5 minutes of actually working.

I have lvl 1 fists equipped just in an attempt to make the pet aggro on the ones I hit and then kill them but when she switches too quickly the pet just stands there for a while.

Anyone has a good setup to make it so she won't just stop randomly or even better, make it so I can send the pet while my veno doesn't run anywhere?
Post edited by Itamio - Lost City on

Comments

• Marengo - Lost City
    Marengo - Lost City Posts: 771 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Anyone has a good setup to make it so she won't just stop randomly or even better, make it so I can send the pet while my veno doesn't run anywhere?
    Best set up I know is:
    Lvl to 100
    Run Lycaeum and get 300 stars (about 2 weeks 10 min per day)
    Lvl up pet to 100 with stars

As for these particular mobs, hard to say. It happened to me when autoculti stopped working after few minutes (not on veno), but problem was solved by making another macro with different skills order. Have you tried to use magic to agro instead?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/elmarise
    pw art ◊ tinyurl.com/q6ca7ar ◊
  • Raujada - Archosaur
    Raujada - Archosaur Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    The best place to lvl up your pet if you're under lvl 100 is the room 4 in Cube of Faith. It's safe, there's no risk to get stuck and be killed by mobs, and both you and your pets can oneshot the mobs. They're not even immune to elements, so you can use your magic to kill them. :)
    The bad side is that you have to reach it. So you have to buy some dice tickes and try more and more until you reach it. I personally rather to die if I get wrong, so I come back to room 1 and try again. And you have to stay there until all your pets reach the right lvl, or it will be a unuseful work. Despite this, it's the best place for your pets :D if you go in foxform you're faster, but your weapon could broke after hours of auto-culti.
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    The problem with cube is that you can only train land pets there so it's not always an option.

For the OP, try changing your macros. I know several classes have issues when they use certain skills that make their bot freeze/stop.
    You could try making a macro with Leech/Consume Spirit/Soul Transfusion so that you can use actual skills instead of fists.
    Alternatively, bad connection and lag will often cause the bot to freeze/stop (this is my main issue when I bot since my average ping is 500 and it often jumps to 1k).
    Lastly, try multiple methods, different macros or even a different place to bot (if it's not a flying pet, try cube).

That's all I can think of :(
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★