Cant launch game

Domethies - Raging Tide
Domethies - Raging Tide Posts: 214 Arc User
edited April 2014 in Chronicles
Okay so this is actually really annoying me. If I run the .exe file for the patcher, launcher or element, i get a box popping up saying will you allow this program to make changes to your pc, a normal thing. i click yes and then nothing. no background processes, no pop up about arc, and no pwi. So i launch arc and try to launch it from arc. I go to my games, hit play and again, nothing happens, like nothing at all. I have tried that repair tool thing and it doesnt really do anything for me.

Does anyone have any suggestions or such so i can launch the game?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by Domethies - Raging Tide on

Comments

• Nigelus - Dreamweaver
    Nigelus - Dreamweaver Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SakuLv - Dreamweaver View Post
    Im not even using ARC to launch the game ;O
    I just do it the old way. Everything works.
    was able to do that till this afternoon, now eveyrthing i do leads me to arc.........and ask me to download game.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Sevchenko - Dreamweaver View Post
    You can bypass Arc, ijs.
    was able to do it, till something changed...idk what but everything leads me to arc now.
  • Domethies - Raging Tide
    edited April 2014
    Quote:
    was able to do that till this afternoon, now eveyrthing i do leads me to arc.........and ask me to download game.

Quote:
    You can bypass Arc, ijs.
    was able to do it, till something changed...idk what but everything leads me to arc now.

Im not quite sure what you are trying to say by quoting those. Literally nothing happens no matter how i try to start the game, either through arc or directly running the .exe files. Aside from the box that asks me if im sure i want to run the program, which only pops up cause im running it as admin, i might as well be double clicking an empty spot on my desktop
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sevchenko - Dreamweaver
    Sevchenko - Dreamweaver Posts: 661 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Dude, delete stringtab.txt from your Patcher directory.

And Arc Games, don't try to make it difficult for us to bypass Arc, not all of us like or have use for this software. Whenever I want to put zhen, I know how to get there from Chrome, thanks. If I ever want to use any of Arc resources I know where to find it in my start menu, but let me play the game without having to run Arc, please.
    [S.E.V.C.H.E.N.K.O]
    Synthetic Electronic Variant Calibrated for Hazardous Exploration, Nullification and Kamikaze Observation[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Domethies - Raging Tide
    edited April 2014
    Dude, delete stringtab.txt from your Patcher directory.

And Arc Games, don't try to make it difficult for us to bypass Arc, not all of us like or have use for this software. Whenever I want to put zhen, I know how to get there from Chrome, thanks. If I ever want to use any of Arc resources I know where to find it in my start menu, but let me play the game without having to run Arc.

You are seriously like my new favourite person b:laugh

but that asks the question, what is that file and why does it stop me running the game?b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Vyvyan - Dreamweaver
    Vyvyan - Dreamweaver Posts: 323 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Stringtab.txt is the patcher log file. When you launch PWI like after the last update and it tells you need to installl ARC, it records that, so you can't progress till it completes that operation. While bypassing that by renaming the file, most likely the next patch it won't update because of no log.
  • Reliea - Sanctuary
    Reliea - Sanctuary Posts: 685 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Stringtab.txt is the patcher log file. When you launch PWI like after the last update and it tells you need to installl ARC, it records that, so you can't progress till it completes that operation. While bypassing that by renaming the file, most likely the next patch it won't update because of no log.

I don't know if that's true, I renamed stringtab and verified my patcher, and it worked just fine (I have to verify my patcher after each time I reboot my computer for some reason). I dunno what that means in terms of getting fresh updates, but I'd assume the verification process is looking for the same kinds of things that updating it would. I dunno O.O I'm not a technically inclined person >.> I'm interested to find out the answer though.
  • SakuLv - Dreamweaver
    SakuLv - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Quote:

Quote:
    You can bypass Arc, ijs.

this line

i dont think its me nig xD

I didnt had to re-install game nor download. Everything works perfectly fine ;D
    I opend pwi the old way- with shortcut

If u dont like when Arc opens when u open PWI
    then just - right click on PWI shortcut- Properties - Shortcut- Target: "C:\Perfect World Entertainment\Perfect World International\element\elementclient.exe" startbypatcher

at least works for me
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited April 2014
    For further discussion please use on of the existing threads.

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
This discussion has been closed.