This Arc thing.

assistantscott
assistantscott Posts: 0 Arc User
edited April 2014 in Chronicles
So today the game is telling you that you can't play PWI anymore unless you download "Arc", whatever that is. They've been on about it for months, saying it would eventually come to that.

I have clicked around on all the announcements about Arc back when it was first mentioned, read the Facebook page and all that, and I still have absolutely no idea what it is. Maybe I'm just stupid... but all the pages talking about it is just a bunch of "slkdjflsdkjfs" to me and I really truly honestly can not figure out what purpose it serves except just starting the game.

Downloading an entire... thing... just to start a game, and it doesn't do anything else, doesn't make sense to me.

It says "You cannot play the game without installing Arc." It does not say what Arc is, or how large the file will be, or where it will be saved or what it will do and what programs it will affect. It is forcing me, your devoted customer, to scour the internet trying to research this... this thing... like some high school student studying for a thesis paper.

It's been mentioned for months, Arc Arc Arc... and yet after all this time... I swear, I just don't get what in the bloody tarnation it is supposed to be, I'm sorry. I can not seem to find a straight answer, "It is this, it does that."

I've heard a lot of people complaining about it on forums and Facebook, and saying you can't duel-client anymore. I can't imagine that being permanent, something that won't' get fixed later, but I won't play the game if I can't use 2 characters together.

Every single person who is complaining about this and saying how much they hate it and how mad they are, but still downloaded it and is still playing it and still spending money anyway, is a complete idiot.

I won't waste my time complaining.

And I won't waste my time downloading something that I don't understand.

This was my favorite game and I dearly loved it, spent so many hours absorbed in it, told everyone I knew how cool it was, and the thought of just ditching the whole thing makes me so sad. I never got my wings I was saving for (only 6k out of 9999), or all my class skills, and I will miss riding my horses that I spent real money on. But I won't put things on my computer without fully and completely understanding exactly what it is for and exactly why it must be there even though it was never necessary before. PWI is a very large file that took days for me to install, and it makes my computer hot when I play the game. I don't want any extra things running that will add to the stress on my computer. As much as I paid for the boutique items in PWI, I still paid more for the computer. As fun as PWI is, it's not the only game out there.

I will wait a month or two before I uninstall the game. If they don't get rid of this Arc business and put PWI back the way it was, make Arc optional again, then I am simply not coming back. This isn't the only thing that's been bothering me-- the way the boutique operates has been irritating me for a long time ($5 for a shirt; $23 to change the COLOR? and dyes are only on sale at certain times, in only certain colors?), as well as how unfair the game is for solo players who just don't WANT a stupid team for every boss/quest or like to PLAY the game instead of watching a lv100 kill things for you while you stand around like a decoration, prepaid cards only come in $20 now instead of $10, sales announcements are not kept up-to-date so that people spend large amounts of money without realizing the sale ended days ago (that is not cool, in fact it's only a breath away from scamming), the sheer fact you will have no idea what's going on with the game if you don't come here to the site or to Facebook (again with making us research all the time), the whole Dreamchaser Pack drama, I was already forced to make an account on Facebook in order to get PWI items even though I have no use whatsoever for Facebook-- but this is the last straw for me. Having to join a website I don't want to join is not the same as having to download things onto my computer that I don't want, need, or understand.

You can force me to choose--- Install Arc or don't play the game--- but you can't force me to install things I don't want.

Maybe I'll be the only person who just gave up and left, instead of whining about it yet still downloading and spending money anyway just because I couldn't bear to lose my precious high-level/rare/expensive stuff, but I guess that just means I was the only one who didn't like being treated this way and prioritized customer respect over flashy virtual toys. I can get new high-level/rare/expensive stuff on a game that respects me, and I've already got my PWI friends safe on Skype. I don't have any reason to put up with this anymore.

Keep whining, guys; meanwhile I'll find something else to do with my time--- and my money.

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• velasquez2
    velasquez2 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    +1

I totally agree with this post
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I make bad/hurtful comparisons.
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • F_M_Joshua - Archosaur
    F_M_Joshua - Archosaur Posts: 390 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I, sadly, have to agree. I cannot afford to install arc either. My machine is mainly for work, and though there are work arounds to having it installed, I do not have the time to do them. I have found myself at a loss for words as the fun has literally been sucked out of this game for me. It's been that way for a while. The community is dwindling, and Arc is the straw that's going to break the camels back for me.

Now as for my machine, it's completely custom built and maintained. High end mother board, processor, ram, etc in it. However, Arc may conflict with my work programs running, and I cannot have that at any point.

Over the years, my wife and I spent thousands of dollars on the game, in the hope of gaining some small advantage on it. We lead a faction, and my wife is on the game nearly every day. BUT, I'm afraid if ARC is not repealed, then I will force her to stop playing, and block PWI's ports on our PCs. I will block PWE's Website, and give all our money to other, happier, companies.

This is not a threat. It's a promise. Remove arc, or we are done.
    If you don't like the way I talk, please, for everyone's sanity, keep in mind that I have ASPERGERS. I don't see a reason to not tell you like it is, or what I think of you. If you are being an idiot, or one minded, I tend to disregard you like trash.
  • Dblazen - Dreamweaver
    Dblazen - Dreamweaver Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    If only OP would have read one of the other topics how to play without launching Arc at all.

Oh wait that would require common sense b:shocked
    I, sadly, have to agree. I cannot afford to install arc either. My machine is mainly for work, and though there are work arounds to having it installed, I do not have the time to do them. I have found myself at a loss for words as the fun has literally been sucked out of this game for me. It's been that way for a while. The community is dwindling, and Arc is the straw that's going to break the camels back for me.

Now as for my machine, it's completely custom built and maintained. High end mother board, processor, ram, etc in it. However, Arc may conflict with my work programs running, and I cannot have that at any point.

Are you wearing your tinfoil hat by any chance? Even if it installs Arc at this point (I have no idea if it does that or not since I already had Arc installed anyway for blessings), just disable everything it does and add the launch by patcher string to the client and voila it's like Arc isn't even there.

Well ok, it will take op a whole whopping 80mb of your hard disk, ohmygawd.
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Downloading an entire... thing... just to start a game, and it doesn't do anything else, doesn't make sense to me.
    my net connection is less than 3 Mbps and last i changed to ARC it took less than an hour to complete the whole process, and multi client works fine >.> arc also lets u do blessings without facebook. Pple complain so much about something they never tried.
    Reminds me of my mom who complains about the quality of veggies that she never has the intention to buy b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • GreenLegend - Archosaur
    GreenLegend - Archosaur Posts: 343 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Arc is roughly an 82mb folder .-.

Doesn't take long at all to download and install.
    For myself i took 30 minutes max to download and install, granted I have a 16/mbps net rating.

I'm sure if people just tried it, and tinkered, we would have a lot less whining about this and that.

I feel like this is why segregation back in the day was so difficult to get rid of because no one wanted to intertwine anything they were already satisfied with.
    Dreams are just dreams...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • hoover69
    hoover69 Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    the problem with this **** is that it has to be ****ing open and running while you are playing and if you try to close it, it won't let you that slows down your pc and makes you lag like hell why the **** should we get more ****ing lag cause some ****ing *******s wanna force us to use a ****ing useless program