Arc Integration General Discussion/Feedback

Comments

• sparkiesoft
    sparkiesoft Posts: 47
    edited March 2014
    sparkie I have a question since i know arc is on its way is there anything i should to to prepare for the 2nd of April when we will need arc? (i have it installed but anything else?)

You shouldn't need to do anything if you already have it installed. Arc should recognize your PWI install already and update it via Arc. If not, as someone already pointed out, you can go here to fix it:

http://support.arcgames.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4275/~/%28arc%29-registry-repair-tool

As for any updates, Arc will let you know if you need to update when you log in.
  • _BIackRose_ - Raging Tide
    _BIackRose_ - Raging Tide Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Sandboxy might work as a quick fix for multi clienting on arc. its a free program that basically runs a virtual machine, its useful for downloading "questionable" files so your computer doesn't recieve a virus. tho you can theoretically run arc thru it and then run arc like usual and have 2 clients open without modifying any files.
  • Gyurakzoltan - Archosaur
    Gyurakzoltan - Archosaur Posts: 683 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    90% of posts are only QQ... was not worth to read them all b:laugh 3 or 4 official responds/answers, and still only 3 lines of Arc integration on 2nd April, shouldnt there be some more information about it? or like i saw 1 post if we have ARC installed thats all what we need, so there is nothing to worry except double clienting from 1 running ARC... no idea why i posted this...kinda bored nothing to do ingame b:chuckle
    pwcalc.com/962fb48be545fa7b

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SirensTears - Archosaur
    SirensTears - Archosaur Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Since no body has been able to resolve the issue that a ton of people can not use arc on their pc's so we will lose a lot of players. Along with not being able to duel client more players will leave. Then there's those that flat out hate arch so they will leave also. launching arc is what ever but players should have the choice to use the client if they wish to do so. The lack of a DQ system is irritating tons of people as well even if we all agree that pwi is only out for money this is a stupid idea you will lose a great number of cash players. Personally arc runs fine for me i simply don't like it at all so i choose to use the client. i use many buttons on my keyboard for things like vent and raid and other things all running at the same time and when i'm on arch this opens stupid things like the website and other functions and the keys cant be changed to something i don't use. that along with i am always duel clienting will mean i will be looking for a new game to play. gms are welcome to check my wallet on my account and assume most people prolly spend more and i spend alot its going to be a great loss for pwi old players like myself are unhappy and will no longer charge gold many have already stopped due to all the issues. Arc launch and forcing every1 to use it should wait until all issues have been solved.
  • Ms_Mystic - Heavens Tear
    Ms_Mystic - Heavens Tear Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    As you may have all been aware, Arc Integration is coming April 2nd, 2014. For more information, see here:
    http://community.arcgames.com/en/news/pwi/detail/3038993-arc-integration

April 2 is going to be a total disaster. All current copies of Arc are incomplete beta copies and Arc cannot use games that are already on the user's computer. Everybody who plays Perfect World is going to be required to download Arc, install it, and then download Perfect World all over again and install it from within Arc. The internet bandwidth required for this is astronomical. This move is being done without any thought of the consequences.

PWE runs out of bandwidth when there are large updates. How do they think they will handle every PWI user needing a 10 gigabyte download at the same time.

New process to run the game becomes .... load Arc, log into Arc, start patcher, start game
    New process to use forums ..... Load Arc, log into Arc, go to PWI website, find forums, log into website, use forums
  • Numberwang - Sanctuary
    Numberwang - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    so having to redownload client and no multiclient is what im getting?
  • Tsukyini - Raging Tide
    Tsukyini - Raging Tide Posts: 1,766 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    New process to use forums ..... Load Arc, log into Arc, go to PWI website, find forums, log into website, use forums

It's faster to just add the forums to your browser's bookmark bar. You don't need to deal with Arc at all for the forums.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Peterpeterm - Raging Tide
    Peterpeterm - Raging Tide Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Im gonna try and have faith here thou...

No multi client is gonna kill the game a bit, since were greedy people! i can only imagine how much people are gonna charge for opens now since it will be in demand.

Also...all those cat shops....oh my god xD.... im excited to see how were gonna buy our stuff besides **** AH.

Hope you guys get multi client working by April 2 on it! o.ob:shocked
  • mofoisuisay
    mofoisuisay Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    seems to be a lot of people unhappy with the Arc integration coming, there's a lot of " what if's " and the most concerning are the tracker cookies and user data, dual clienting etc from what i can see and then there's the issue of the new players , ingame economy affordability to play etc.

Arc whether its a good thing or not the only real concern i can see a few people have mentioned is why it's being released at all in it's current state?

If they bothered to have it at 100 % working and bug free ( inc dual clienting ) , most of the issues wouldn't be here to begin with. This in it's self should be the main focus, and the release date of 2nd of April should be abandoned till such time as it's been addressed and fixed.

I've watched other game companies do what they thought was best and not listen to their player base and virtually over night collapsed, it was the reason i came to PWI to begin with, as it was advertised on such a game i used to play back in 2009. ( PWI advertising hasnt been since 2011 or there abouts and the new player base is non existent, that's another story though).

Arc / PWI really need to sit up and pay attention to the gaming community that have been loyal ( cashies or not ) for so long and fix what is broken before forcing us to use something that is like trying fix it with duct tape via the introduction of Arc.

World chat trolls , moles, playboys, cashed up R9 junkies and noobs alike, it was a great game and could be still if it wasn't left to idiots to run, you can patch the sinking ship, but once sunk it's hard to get refloated.

wake the hell up PWI b:angry
  • BungaSakura - Raging Tide
    BungaSakura - Raging Tide Posts: 902 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    i support arc if all player can only open 2 client at same time. people that open 10 client at same time makes coin in game is too much and high inflasion b:surrender
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited March 2014
    Since no body has been able to resolve the issue that a ton of people can not use arc on their pc's so we will lose a lot of players....
    It might help if the people having the issue actually spoke up in either tickets, or by posting in the tech support forum with helpful information. So far Sparkie's said he's heard from 5 or 6, I've heard from two, and aside from that I think I've seen 3 other people complain. I'd love to know where "a ton of people" really are. One thing is for sure... Sitting on your *** and saying "it doesn't work" without even attempting to get help is beyond stupid. They deserve the trouble they'll have to go through.
    so having to redownload client and no multiclient is what im getting?
    No, you don't have to re-download the client. You've missed a few things.
    You shouldn't need to do anything if you already have it installed. Arc should recognize your PWI install already and update it via Arc. If not, as someone already pointed out, you can go here to fix it:

http://support.arcgames.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4275/~/%28arc%29-registry-repair-tool

As for any updates, Arc will let you know if you need to update when you log in.
    Muti-client ability via Arc won't be possible yet, but I'm sure we'll find a workaround so everyone can start all 60 of their catshops up again. (Those who actually do it, likely already know the workaround.)
    i support arc if all player can only open 2 client at same time. people that open 10 client at same time makes coin in game is too much and high inflasion b:surrender
    It still wouldn't prevent those of us that have 10 spare PC's laying around loading them all with catshops. If I really put my heart into it, and limited myself to 2 clients per PC, I could get around 24 catshops up. I don't have enough accounts though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Gyurakzoltan - Archosaur
    Gyurakzoltan - Archosaur Posts: 683 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Since no body has been able to resolve the issue that a ton of people can not use arc on their pc's so we will lose a lot of players.

Why cannot you use ARC on your PC? arc using like 75megs of system resources...simple install simple game recognition, at least for me (im using a 6-7yo old PC) , so its using less then most of those ads you installed on your PC anyways :) or the ones you have no idea its on your PC..or it may be that people cannot use their 4-5 alts logged in same time ingame? but thats BANABLE !!!
    pwcalc.com/962fb48be545fa7b

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Muti-client ability via Arc won't be possible yet, but I'm sure we'll find a workaround so everyone can start all 60 of their catshops up again. (Those who actually do it, likely already know the workaround.)

>Using clients eating 1gb+ ram just to run a catshop
    >implying anyone does this
    >implying 3rd party tools arent used instead

Well, no, i don't think a lot of catshops are actual elementclient.exe's that are running lol.
    Soon™
    Well, maybe later, semi-retired.
    edited March 2014
    >Using clients eating 1gb+ ram just to run a catshop
    >implying anyone does this
    >implying 3rd party tools arent used instead

Well, no, i don't think a lot of catshops are actual elementclient.exe's that are running lol.
    That's because there's software that allows you to set up a catshop without even running the actual client.b:chuckle
    Also, it's pretty easy to set up a catshop using the client that only uses about 4-500MB.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ms_Mystic - Heavens Tear
    Ms_Mystic - Heavens Tear Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    It's faster to just add the forums to your browser's bookmark bar. You don't need to deal with Arc at all for the forums.

So true ..... They created a browser that is useless as a browser. I laugh that it can not even show their web pages correctly because their web pages require Acrobat or HTML 5. b:chuckle

I love Arc's use of spell check. Oh wait. You can not use spell check inside of Arc.
    Why cannot you use ARC on your PC? arc using like 75megs of system resources...simple install simple game recognition, at least for me (im using a 6-7yo old PC) , so its using less then most of those ads you installed on your PC anyways :) or the ones you have no idea its on your PC..or it may be that people cannot use their 4-5 alts logged in same time ingame? but thats BANABLE !!!

Arc adds another layer on top of the patcher and the client. Excessive layers leaves a lot of room for errors.Under the rules people are allowed 2 clients and Arc will not allow them.
  • TZoner - Raging Tide
    TZoner - Raging Tide Posts: 1,764 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Arc adds another layer on top of the patcher and the client. Excessive layers leaves a lot of room for errors.Under the rules people are allowed 2 clients and Arc will not allow them.

Gives you a rule stating you are allowed to run 2 clients at once, forces you to use Arc which currently prevents multiclienting. #PWILogic
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DeffyNature - Archosaur
    DeffyNature - Archosaur Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited March 2014

For the life of me, I can't download anything from the game front link, it just pops a random 403-forbidden message when I push download-open; if I instead try to save it, it saves a link to the error message pop-up.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Viola__soul_ - Heavens Tear
    Viola__soul_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I have to complain. Did u guys take out ini edit???????? Don't? K seriously I can't access any saved INI edits at all with u should be letting people in this game have a real say in what their char looks like am I only one with this such issue? And on top of that, will the game be able to run without arc. I don't want to use arc.

If the gms wanted to play mommy and daddy with this game they should have done it from the start people do a lot of stuff they shouldn't. But they do it almost by nature. This will make them either learn from past mistakes or get doomed to repeat again and again. Think of pwi like a ecosystem OK? What would effect a real one for better or worse can have comparison to effects in game world as well.
  • Mazumii - Dreamweaver
    Mazumii - Dreamweaver Posts: 270 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    if we can;'t have multi clients, then rap and cannies will sky rocket, seeing how ppl wont be able to run 4 alts in nw, not that I know nothing of this, its just a theory
    edited March 2014
    I have to complain. Did u guys take out ini edit???????? Don't? K seriously I can't access any saved INI edits at all with u should be letting people in this game have a real say in what their char looks like am I only one with this such issue? And on top of that, will the game be able to run without arc. I don't want to use arc.
    No, but the client folder has a tendency to become "Read Only". Just right-click the folder, go to Properties, and un-tic it. Apply to all sub-folders and files, and then you're good to go again.

It was doing that before we had Arc.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SkogDyr - Lost City
    SkogDyr - Lost City Posts: 561 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    snip don't rage too much.....yet :P

Desdi, this is PWE after all... I say rage now and avoid the rush. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tsukyini - Raging Tide
    Tsukyini - Raging Tide Posts: 1,766 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    That's because there's software that allows you to set up a catshop without even running the actual client.b:chuckle

Seriously?

Let me guess.... it's software that would get me in trouble if I were caught running it, isn't it? b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Boomz - Harshlands
    Boomz - Harshlands Posts: 516 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    so it seems like if you wanna multi client you gotta have multiple computers. Awesome Job PWI #PwiLogic
    ░░░░███████]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂ cause i can't make art, so i made
    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤this awesome tank.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] 1 shot king. LV 150 FSP bosses hit for 3m. Top Player hit record: 652,656.
  • Dspeck - Raging Tide
    Dspeck - Raging Tide Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    all i see is the same complaints...
    If you guys really wanted to quit the game you would. Don't blame arc for all your crying because many of you complain about..well everything. There is nothing saying DQ will be gone and even if the rewards change the drops are still worth good coins.
    If arc helps weed out the third party botting that would be awesome, but we really need core connect or something similar to be able to identify suspicious characters, and some more interesting DQ rewards would be nice :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Eutrepete for awesome siggy <3
  • Mazumii - Dreamweaver
    Mazumii - Dreamweaver Posts: 270 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    If you guys really wanted to quit the game you would. Don't blame arc for all your crying because many of you complain about..well everything. There is nothing saying DQ will be gone and even if the rewards change the drops are still worth good coins.
    If arc helps weed out the third party botting that would be awesome, but we really need core connect or something similar to be able to identify suspicious characters, and some more interesting DQ rewards would be nice :)

core connect is useless, all they have to do is set it to max so that only friends can see their info.
  • Mufussa - Raging Tide
    Mufussa - Raging Tide Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited March 2014

complaining about everything wouldn't be an issue if PWI actually gave a **** about getting this fkn game fixed, EVERYTHING IS BROKEN WAKE UP !

As for DQ drops being good coin , lmfao , ur kidding right ? go try and auto culti, or even quest in a good DQ drop area, oh thats right you cant cause they are all ready infested with bots running around like its snowing crack. Auto Culti was the worst addition to this game. ( new start area has 1000 alts botting just to get freebie wings and fashion, fkn joke )

Arc needs to be abolished for now, sorted, then maybe implemented when its 110% good not only for PWI but also the player base. ( current player base is another issue as mentioned somewhere in this thread a few times )

Maybe if PWI could actuall fix all the current issues first then Arc could be a go ahead say in 2020 ? cause thats how long it will take to fix all the ** ups.

Fix the **** not implement new ****, duct tape cant fix everything !

b:laugh
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    Salari - Raging Tide Posts: 2,102 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Well in the end pwe will do what it wants because no one has a pair to voice their opinions with their wallets. While people continue to pour money into this game, the majority of the player base will be ignored because pwe can afford to. This is not directly specifically arc but pwe's entire business platform and the lack of any real enforcement of their own tos. The last major exploit was the 10 star glitch and is quite a nice show of how pwe doesnt really care about anything. When you have selective ban's dependent on if you pay money in the game or not just shows how pathetic it has become. And that is not a staff issue that is a greed issue. Any other game when people are caught cheating, there is no pat on the back or slap on the wrist AND you get to keep your exploited earnings, even the worst ran games I ever played had zero tolerance on game exploitation. No partial ban no appeal. You exploit the game and are caught, bye bye they had no time for that. Here? Its encouraged.
    Marine - Marshall - Raging Tides - Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    Yes, because people really need 900+ dex or 1000+ magic just for the lulz
  • TZoner - Raging Tide
    edited March 2014

Third party botting? Who really cares about that. They GAVE us a bot system so botting is not bannable as is really. While using a third party bot system is still bannable there are now so many people botting who cares. Its just a nuisance.

As for DQ...it is already gone. They stopped adding points from items we npc over a week ago.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2014
    Third party botting? Who really cares about that. They GAVE us a bot system so botting is not bannable as is really. While using a third party bot system is still bannable there are now so many people botting who cares. Its just a nuisance.

As for DQ...it is already gone. They stopped adding points from items we npc over a week ago.
    Mine's updated as of today, but the last time I got points for anything was on the 14th.

It's not like it's any surprise though. They told us last November that it would be ending and to spend our points by the end of December.

It's not news. It's not even "unexpected". We were warned well ahead of time that it was going away. It just took longer to go away.

Rather than QQing that it's gone, everyone should be thankful that it lasted longer than they said it would.

On a side note....
    The last Arc update now allows me to move by games around. That was my one biggest peeve about it, and they've fixed it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TZoner - Raging Tide
    edited March 2014
    Mine's updated as of today, but the last time I got points for anything was on the 14th.

It's not like it's any surprise though. They told us last November that it would be ending and to spend our points by the end of December.

It's not news. It's not even "unexpected". We were warned well ahead of time that it was going away. It just took longer to go away.

Rather than QQing that it's gone, everyone should be thankful that it lasted longer than they said it would.

On a side note....
    The last Arc update now allows me to move by games around. That was my one biggest peeve about it, and they've fixed it.

Yea...tbh i hardly used the DQ system and never really took advantage of DQ farming to use it. Regardless i could care less about the DQ system i was merely responding to another persons post. As for the latest arc update....that moving games around bit seems kinda minor compared to the real issue....not being able to dual log. Would be nice if we could get at LEAST a word from someone saying "Hey...we are working on this and have a fix planned to allow players to dual log using Arc." ijs
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]