Sage Soulsever/Gemini issue

Alphaben - Raging Tide
Alphaben - Raging Tide Posts: 226 Arc User
edited March 2014 in Seeker
Alright, so I learned the Sage version Soulsever Minuet, and now the spiritbore debuff works as usual but the def/attk debuff from using Gemini no longer works...

My question is this:

Does Gemini(lv10 non-sage) have to be sage for it to work again? Or is this a glitch?

Also, if it requires sage Gemini to work, how come it worked in SOT(against lord of captivation) and not on any of the mobs/bosses in FS?

I'd really like to know...I miss my Gemini b:surrender
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by Alphaben - Raging Tide on

Comments

• Sardior - Raging Tide
    Sardior - Raging Tide Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    yes your gemini slash has to be sage in order for it to proc sage soulsever minuet, and odds are you probably had another seeker in squad when it "worked" in sot and fsp that was using lv 10 soulsever minuet.
  • Korahko - Dreamweaver
    Korahko - Dreamweaver Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Pretty much just comfirming what the previous post has said.

Unfortunately it seems both skills have to be either sage or non-sage for them to work as intended. Meaning that atm you will apply the proc with your sage soulsever, but your gemini slash which is not sage, will not trigger that proc.

The only fix would be to learn the sage version of the gemini slash

Side note: I remember seeing a post somewhere that if the situation is reversed. Sage gemini slash CAN still proc a mark left by non-sage soulsever, im not 100% on this though
  • Ebrithalia - Dreamweaver
    Ebrithalia - Dreamweaver Posts: 441 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Pretty much just comfirming what the previous post has said.

Unfortunately it seems both skills have to be either sage or non-sage for them to work as intended. Meaning that atm you will apply the proc with your sage soulsever, but your gemini slash which is not sage, will not trigger that proc.

The only fix would be to learn the sage version of the gemini slash

Side note: I remember seeing a post somewhere that if the situation is reversed. Sage gemini slash CAN still proc a mark left by non-sage soulsever, im not 100% on this though

To your side note, sage gemini will only proc sage soulsever minuet, it wont proc any other soulsever minuet
    Ebrithalia -Sage Seeker
  • Alphaben - Raging Tide
    Alphaben - Raging Tide Posts: 226 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Update: I have both skills now and it works again b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Samaranight - Sanctuary
    Samaranight - Sanctuary Posts: 144 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    This stumped a lot of seekers starting out, when Genesis came out. I fell for it too.