dagoonsoul Posts: 5 Arc User
edited March 2014 in Seeker
If so... which build should I follow?
Post edited by dagoonsoul on

Comments

• TolanSky - Heavens Tear
    TolanSky - Heavens Tear Posts: 598 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    not really. Seekers are a Damage Dealing class first and foremost. Their stats aren't really designed to be allotted for the purpose of being a tank. Nor are their skills really geared towards that end either. Seeker has no skills built into the class that will pull hate off of another character other than by sheer overwhelming damage, which is not a very effective means by which to do it.

Also, I am level 70, and my maximum hit points at the moment is around 4000 HP, and thats with a great deal of Hit Point Boosts and a large amount of stats allocated to Vitality. Seeker just does not get nearly enough Hit Points short of its Rank 9 Gear to make it survive for very long.

What seeker does have going for it, is the ability to greatly increase both its attack level, crit hit rate, and defense level. So while it may not have outright 5.0 APS the way a Sin does, it can get to the point where in any single hit it does, it does more damage than just about any other class.
    Acc 1: TolanSky ~ ● Seeker / Daearena ~ Mystic / ThornLily ~ Veno
    Acc 2: Veilana ~ Sin / QueenBlubrry ~ Cleric / Lemondrop ~ Psychic
  • Irisbelle - Sanctuary
    Irisbelle - Sanctuary Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Yes, at lower lvls like BH 39-79, once there are 5 aps players in squad don't even bother unless you use vortex. The seeker only has 1 skill that would work while tanking (Battousai), but is only 1.
  • TolanSky - Heavens Tear
    TolanSky - Heavens Tear Posts: 598 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Okay, I was incorrect in saying they have no skills that pull hate off of other players (I hadn't actually seen Battousai's mention of increasing threat level in its description). That said, one skill out of however many skills Seeker has... is not enough to be a tank.
    Acc 1: TolanSky ~ ● Seeker / Daearena ~ Mystic / ThornLily ~ Veno
    Acc 2: Veilana ~ Sin / QueenBlubrry ~ Cleric / Lemondrop ~ Psychic
  • Evinerre - Lost City
    Evinerre - Lost City Posts: 167 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    I once saw a seeker with a +10 R8 sword hold aggro from a 3.33 sin with first cast +10 nirvana daggers using vortex. True story.
  • zabuzasyke
    zabuzasyke Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    I once saw a seeker with a +10 R8 sword hold aggro from a 3.33 sin with first cast +10 nirvana daggers using vortex. True story.

Cool story bro b:pleased
  • Neyda - Raging Tide
    Neyda - Raging Tide Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    I'm Level 83 now and sometimes I'm tanking FB69/79with a Level 90+ Squad (no 5 APS offcourse).
    Just tell them to wait until your Vortex is running
  • Alsiadorra - Sanctuary
    Alsiadorra - Sanctuary Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    ..In a world without 5APS, we can tank just as well as barbs.
  • Valkyrie_Sw - Archosaur
    Valkyrie_Sw - Archosaur Posts: 186 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    I'm Level 83 now and sometimes I'm tanking FB69/79with a Level 90+ Squad (no 5 APS offcourse).
    Just tell them to wait until your Vortex is running

no doubt your squad will fail lol.
    is fb69/79 a zhen/FC?
    no
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak
  • \x// - Dreamweaver6
    \x// - Dreamweaver6 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    dagoonsoul wrote: »
    If so... which build should I follow?

The build I go by is 3 str 1 dex 1 vit until my vit hits 30. Then I go 3 str 2 dex. As far as tanking I haven't had the pleasure of using my seeker in a real squad yet so I couldn't tell you as far as holding aggro, however they seem sturdy enough to tank.
  • Anthemyra_ - Momaganon
    Anthemyra_ - Momaganon Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    well ... idk about tanking ... all i can say is that after i've got to 60 i decided to help dd in tt2-1 ... and at Dementora cleric died ... barb aswell ... party wipe XD

i was the only 1 alive and they wanted to tele out and give up ... but we were half way killing it <.< and i wanted to test my limist as seeker :P so i started to run the boss around until cleric came back and rezed every1 ...

if u remeber Dementora is pretty fast ... so i've took a lot of hits from it XD ... but i never felt i was in danger to die ... ofc my brand new Tidal Protection got ***** a bit XD ... but still ... i was lv 60 ...

i'm 68 atm ... and i have the normal build ... i think ... with dex only enough to ware my weapon, 60 vit and rest str ... and ofc ... pretty bad gear XD ... except for the r4 <.< chest and pants ...

... the idea is that seekers are pretty amazing as class
  • populationcontrol
    populationcontrol Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    I've been able to tank every one of my BH bosses so far, tho pole stretches the limits. If everyone is a team player, it works. We're about as good a tanker as a bm is, which means we're no barb.

The point that makes it hard really is agro management. That said, if sin wants agro, he can have it. He'll die. You'll live. He's the one taking the xp loss for failing to adapt to the situation~

"Over-specialize and you breed in weakness."
  • ReMakaBo - Archosaur
    ReMakaBo - Archosaur Posts: 845 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Ability to take on and absorb massive damage that most other classes would be 1-2 shot, and be healed efficiently =CHECK

The ability to hold agro, provided the rest of the group practices agro managment = Check.

So in theory YES seekers can tank, however In broken PWI and e-peen consumed PWI will they tank? = No

e-peen > class group roles.
    re
  • Dedz - Raging Tide
    Dedz - Raging Tide Posts: 192 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Ability to take on and absorb massive damage that most other classes would be 1-2 shot, and be healed efficiently =CHECK

The ability to hold agro, provided the rest of the group practices agro managment = Check.

So in theory YES seekers can tank, however In broken PWI and e-peen consumed PWI will they tank? = No

e-peen > class group roles.

^This. Well said ReMakaBo.

Seekers who can tank bosses and hold agro (assuming squad practices agro management) are pro.

Seekers who know nothing but to aoe zhen/FC tend to fail in everything else including pk.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

You will never catch me. But if you do, someone else will take my place. b:chuckle
  • Yuniryu - Raging Tide
    Yuniryu - Raging Tide Posts: 516 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    I like seeker and tanking wise bp and bb or being healed I am fine in my half rank 8 and 69 and tt90 gear. But the thing I can't do is pulling for trophy mode 69 an above lol. People say it's like fc but fc is different they don't hi me as much lol. Well I guess 1 day I can do it
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sverdet - Heavens Tear
    Sverdet - Heavens Tear Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Seekers are capable of tanking at times, I've seen it done with Vortex. But without Vortex, we're more of a tank-supporting DD.

I was in a bh69 once, doing my role as DD with a bm tanking. BM died at Pole, so I quickly took aggro before the fish in the squad did (of course, I don't think the sin had 5.0 aps). Was able to keep aggro until the BM came back. Yes, I stayed alive with just pots and Second Wind while the cleric rezzed and buffed the BM. I didn't have good mana pots for Vortex at the time, so I was using Edged Blur, Stalagstrike, Gemini Slash, and Arme Nier as much as possible.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sverdet ~ Lvl 100 Seeker; Rank 8
  • Alsiadorra - Sanctuary
    Alsiadorra - Sanctuary Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    I've never had to use vortex to hold nor acquire aggro.
  • VoItaire - Harshlands
    VoItaire - Harshlands Posts: 1,033 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    If demon vortex is glitched like sage dragon's breath, then demon seekers will be able to keep aggro from anything b:chuckle

(I am not an advocate for demon b:shutup)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sqwishiebear
    sqwishiebear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    ion spike heart shatter edge bluur + range skill should take agrro np as long as ur group same lvl as u and not to over geared ut for the most part seekers are damage support class help weaken boss and they are also better mob tank than barb ther neather great or bad all around balance toon they can do high damage but not sin high damage. but then agian they dont need to they may not have barb hp and deff but they can take a hit and with bp and vortex almost impossible for them to die killing mobs
  • SweetieBot - Lothranis
    SweetieBot - Lothranis Posts: 18,978 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    ion spike heart shatter edge bluur + range skill should take agrro np as long as ur group same lvl as u and not to over geared ut for the most part seekers are damage support class help weaken boss and they are also better mob tank than barb ther neather great or bad all around balance toon they can do high damage but not sin high damage. but then agian they dont need to they may not have barb hp and deff but they can take a hit and with bp and vortex almost impossible for them to die killing mobs
    This looks like a NECRO!

sqwishiebear replied to a message that was 2 years 6 months 16 days 10 hours 54 minutes old.

Any thread over one month (30 days) old is considered to be a dead thread and you're not supposed to post in them. The person you are replying to probably doesn't care any more or can no longer be found on the forums. The topic itself could be out of date. Next time just make a new thread.

Let's see how long it takes for a mod to close this :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I only respond if you begin a line with "SweetieBot", read the link below for commands
    SweetieBot FAQ / Usage: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1566451

• ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited March 2014
    closed for necro

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
This discussion has been closed.