Inconsiderate botting/ auto-cultivation

13»

Comments

• Dspeck - Raging Tide
    Dspeck - Raging Tide Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Funny how people get most angry with the allowed botting, and not the illegal botting. Sadly this game is full of people who would rather complain about changes rather than evolve with the changes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Eutrepete for awesome siggy <3
  • Fail_BM - Raging Tide
    Fail_BM - Raging Tide Posts: 929 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Funny how people get most angry with the allowed botting, and not the illegal botting. Sadly this game is full of people who would rather complain about changes rather than evolve with the changes.

Oh, I was mad at real botters. Reported them many times and nothing happened.
  • Xxamarokxx - Sanctuary
    Xxamarokxx - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    stealing kills is against the tos as most dont bother reading or go by the terms of service send a ticket put them in there place.
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited February 2014

stealing kills is against the tos as most dont bother reading or go by the terms of service send a ticket put them in there place.

Kill stealing is not against TOS.
    (PWI) Player who are kill stealing
    Published 12/05/2011 02:57 PM | Updated 04/09/2013 10:27 AM
    How do I report players for kill stealing?

"Kill stealing" is not illegal in our game. Remember that monsters do not actually belong to any player, and that the player/squad that does the most damage will gain the majority of the EXP as well as the loot that the mob drops.

The only time that a GM will intervene is if one player begins following another player from zone to zone, attacking the same mobs/harassing them in general for an extended period of time. At this point it would be considered player harassment.

From: https://support.perfectworld.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1506/~/(pwi)-player-who-are-kill-stealing

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • PrincessDee - Sanctuary
    PrincessDee - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    This is highly annoying... Yes there are limitations, however, when they have backup toons waiting to take over. There are two factions that have completely monopolized Morai..no one can complete any dailies there without taking 4x as long. Morai has a certain set of mobs that are just at one location..there are 3 bots killing(1 cleric, 2 archers, 1 at the starting area of mobs one in the middle and one at the end) and 2 bots picking up the loot. Cant even try to take the kill. Yeah we could choose other dailies to maybe go to but not anymore, bots are everywhere, all the time. Primal area is about 95% the same way.

For those that say it doesn't mess with the game..how about the players that are actually "playing their toons" and do all the quest instead of fccing from 1-100, takes the fun right out of it.

Sometimes I can accommodate the dang bots by going else where but most of the time not. The other part is botters have no respect, half the time, Ill be working on a 95 kill quest, behold a botter comes in doesnt even check, drops down, buffs up and starts in on the mobs that I have been working on.

Yeah I will QQ, I have been playing this game shortly after it came out, Only have 4 toons that are 100+ because I do ALL quest on all the them and work full time so time is issue, the last thing I need to "keep checking back" to see if the bots are gone to complete my quest. Im not r99999999+12, Im geared appropriate for the toons level that I am working on the time. SO trying to get the kill before the botter does is out of the question, since ALL are r99+12..KSing use to be bad awhile ago, but you actually talk to them, maybe added to FL, maybe joined in squad and had some fun.

I have botted and try to find remote locations for coinage, exp, drops..While Im doing other things, I always keep an eye on the area in case someone happens to drop in so if they are needing to work that area I turn the botting off. People already in botting, ok Ill deal because so sadly its part of the game now, which I hope changes, but people just dropping in and then starting, right beside you, yeah that ticks me off..most of the time you can click their name and probably guess which of 1 of the 2 factions that are rude and disrespectful players are from.

Yes, I will continue to bring additional mobs, maybe a mini boss to location where botters are on all the base quest mobs, not my fault they attack the mini boss I was maybe trying to solo and they took the kill away and died, over and over again.

Maybe a poll to rid the game of this annoying feature might work maybe not....sign me up
  • SHIMBERLY - Heavens Tear
    SHIMBERLY - Heavens Tear Posts: 703 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I love the rampid multi client festival inside morai under the teleport its a major **** fest of bots.
  • Liveena - Heavens Tear
    Liveena - Heavens Tear Posts: 422 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I can't believe it took me like 1 hour to finish my blue divine quest in Lothranis to kill Cloudweaver as there are like 3-4 bots there and some of them are R9. I tried using coin drop lure but some of the bot ignore the drops and keep killing randomly, I've camped the spawn site and as soon as it spawn I rush to it only to find a sin knifethrow it first and kill it before I could even in range.

I ended up returning back to bank to get a genie with expel skill and yet still hard to control 2-3 bots in that are to stop killing my divine mobs b:cry.

Iirc, when someone is preventing a player from completing a quest, it can be consider as harassment, I wonder if this is one of those case b:surrender
    Heaven Tear

Liveena 102/102/102 Demon Cleric
    Milfeena 103/102 Demon BM
    Silpheena 104/103/102 Sage R9S3 Seeker
    Cieleena 101/101/101 Sage Stormbringer
  • Zanryu - Lothranis
    Zanryu - Lothranis Posts: 1,998 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I can't believe it took me like 1 hour to finish my blue divine quest in Lothranis to kill Cloudweaver as there are like 3-4 bots there and some of them are R9. I tried using coin drop lure but some of the bot ignore the drops and keep killing randomly, I've camped the spawn site and as soon as it spawn I rush to it only to find a sin knifethrow it first and kill it before I could even in range.

I ended up returning back to bank to get a genie with expel skill and yet still hard to control 2-3 bots in that are to stop killing my divine mobs b:cry.

Iirc, when someone is preventing a player from completing a quest, it can be consider as harassment, I wonder if this is one of those case b:surrender

Botting isn't harassment. It sucks that you can't get your mobs but you're trying to fight for mobs that other people/bots are after. Whoever does the most damage gets the kill and drops, and if you can't match up then that's too bad. Get some friends to help you, gear up, or just skip it. If they were actively trying to prevent you from completing your quests it could be considered harassment, but them going after mobs for themselves is fair game. Even if it is all day every day.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks to the beautiful and talanted Zheii for the sigb:dirty

youtube.com/ZanryuPWI
    youtube.com/ZanryuGaming

I read the forums naked.
  • Evryn - Morai
    Evryn - Morai Posts: 1,437 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Botting isn't really the problem... The playerworld is vast enough that it can support the playerbase. Problem now is that some players are taking multiclienting to a new level. I've seen areas with 2 pickers and 2 killers in team autoculti totally locking an area down. That's 4 clients, double of what is allowed. But I suspect that's just the tip of the iceberg.

If PWI were to limit connections to 2, maybe 3 per IP address per server, the amount of bots would sharply drop since the few gits who have an entire farm running would end up with a "too many logins" error on the bulk of them. It'd probably also curb a lot of shop kitties, thus cleaning up Archo West a bit.

But if you're hunting around for mobs... unless it is a miniboss, you can usually find another group of the same mob nearby, sometimes mixed with a different kind. Just hunt around a bit.
    I'm so P.R.O... I Press Respawn Often.

Ulsyr 103/103/104 BM. Working on the last R9 part (Axe).
    Khelvan 103/103/103 LA Cler. LA? LA. Deal with it.
    Evryn 103/102/101 Sagely Mystical Myst of Mystiness.
    Gromth 102/102/102 Sage Panda.
    StoneSnake - Snakeshop for everyone's common stones.
  • Zanryu - Lothranis
    edited March 2014
    Botting isn't really the problem... The playerworld is vast enough that it can support the playerbase. Problem now is that some players are taking multiclienting to a new level. I've seen areas with 2 pickers and 2 killers in team autoculti totally locking an area down. That's 4 clients, double of what is allowed. But I suspect that's just the tip of the iceberg.

If PWI were to limit connections to 2, maybe 3 per IP address per server, the amount of bots would sharply drop since the few gits who have an entire farm running would end up with a "too many logins" error on the bulk of them. It'd probably also curb a lot of shop kitties, thus cleaning up Archo West a bit.

But if you're hunting around for mobs... unless it is a miniboss, you can usually find another group of the same mob nearby, sometimes mixed with a different kind. Just hunt around a bit.

PWI is actually the LEAST vast of any MMO I've ever played. Its maps can barely support legitimate players, let alone the massive increase in bots we've had.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

youtube.com/ZanryuPWI
    youtube.com/ZanryuGaming

I read the forums naked.
  • Evryn - Morai
    Evryn - Morai Posts: 1,437 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Lothranis as a server must be more popular then Morai then. Granted, popular botting mobs like the Lethal Araneid Sharpfangs spots are crowded as hell (prolly because that mob, for the level, has only two thirds of the usual hitpoints), but there are huge sections in Momaganon/Lothranis and Morai where there's barely anyone at all. I usually pick an out-of-the-way spot for my 2 main characters and have no problem letting them run for hours while I go to work or sleep.

Well, except for my BM whose weapon breaks after a while... bloody Anni of Souls at level 96... b:laugh
    I'm so P.R.O... I Press Respawn Often.

Ulsyr 103/103/104 BM. Working on the last R9 part (Axe).
    Khelvan 103/103/103 LA Cler. LA? LA. Deal with it.
    Evryn 103/102/101 Sagely Mystical Myst of Mystiness.
    Gromth 102/102/102 Sage Panda.
    StoneSnake - Snakeshop for everyone's common stones.
  • WilliamTell - Raging Tide
    WilliamTell - Raging Tide Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    So much b:cry here...

PWI is actually pretty vast, and from what I've seen in RT, there's plenty of room for everyone, but I see auto cultivators (bots) doubling up in popular areas when they really don't need to, and they're putting themselves at a disadvantage for doing so. All over Morai there are great mobs to bot on, in Heaven, in Hell, but you hardly see people there in RT, except for a few popular spots like under the teleport entrance in Morai. Most people seem too lazy to search for better spots, so they just camp where everyone else is and hope for kills.

To be blunt, I didn't always choose the best place to auto cultivate at first. I ended up at the popular spots, and yes, as an archer, I would have sins chasing me around to my kills and my drops, and I got 90% of them on average. But as spots got more popular, I was forced to find other places to auto cultivate, and that's when I found some of the best spots on the map, where no one else is auto cultivating, and if there ever is, it's just one other person, and they hit another spot close to where I am, so we don't cause problems with each other too much.

In fact, the way respawns are set up, it's better to have someone 80 to 100 meters away from your start point, because that way they kill respawns that appear out of your botting range, and when the mob respawns again, it's in your range again, so you're helping each other out by doing that. Otherwise you'll end up towning out because they've all respawned just out of your target range in a perfect line. Morai is the only place that I'm fairly sure most mob spawns are location specific and don't change like that.

For the people whining that they can't get quest mobs, yes, that sounds like it could be a problem. But forcing players to go into PvP mode to auto cultivate isn't that answer either. If they did that, you know what most lazy people would do? They would go hunt afk botters, and no one would be able to auto cultivate, on any server. Forcing people into PvP mode means they might drop gear if they are killed, and to force them to take that risk is unreasonable just because you want to get the same mobs they do. If you want to force auto cultivators into PvP, then anyone killing any mob should be forced into PvP, right? Otherwise you're giving non auto cultivating players an advantage over those that are auto cultivating.

If there's so many bots around that you can't get your quest mobs from any other area around them, I don't know what to say. But claiming you have more right to them because you're doing a quest is just unreasonable. Yes, everyone should show consideration in a Perfect World, but this is the same problem we had with the level 30 spiritual cultivation mobs back when PWI came out. It was hard as heck to get the kills for the quest, because literally everyone on the server was there trying to level up, and you had to fight for kills.

If the area is literally so crowded that it's absolutely impossible to get kills for your quest, I don't know what to suggest. If PWI can create the in game bot, they could create something that pauses everyone's bot in the area if you pay 10k to pause and stealth everyone for 10 minutes or 15 minutes while you get your quest mobs done, and the fee is split to the auto cultivators within 40 meters or 60 meters. That's totally doable, and it wouldn't inconvenience anyone on either side too much, and it would be hard to abuse if you have to keep paying to pause everyone in the region, with a pausing limit of twice per day.
    ...A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day. An hour of woes and shattered shields, when the heavens come crashing down! But it is not this day! This day we fight! By all that you hold dear in this world, I bid you stand, warriors of Pellucidar!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zanryu - Lothranis
    edited March 2014
    Lothranis as a server must be more popular then Morai then. Granted, popular botting mobs like the Lethal Araneid Sharpfangs spots are crowded as hell (prolly because that mob, for the level, has only two thirds of the usual hitpoints), but there are huge sections in Momaganon/Lothranis and Morai where there's barely anyone at all. I usually pick an out-of-the-way spot for my 2 main characters and have no problem letting them run for hours while I go to work or sleep.

Well, except for my BM whose weapon breaks after a while... bloody Anni of Souls at level 96... b:laugh

One person is enough to ruin the spot for anyone else. Range classes can monopolize an area by simply being there, there's no spot in game that can be farmed reliably by more than two people. My spot gets 2-4 other bots every now and again and I get nearly every kill without much issue. If I was a ranged class I WOULD get every kill. No matter how out of the way it is someone's gonna find it, I had a few spots that were remote, but someone found them and due to being ranged while I'm only melee I was forced out. It's only a matter of time before "remote" spots become common botting areas and only certain people can use them due to the advantages their class/gear brings. This game doesn't have maps that can truly support the level of botting this game is starting to bring in.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

youtube.com/ZanryuPWI
    youtube.com/ZanryuGaming

I read the forums naked.
  • Blade_Hobb - Sanctuary
    Blade_Hobb - Sanctuary Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Auto Culti is BS i play on Sanctuary and all u see is Vind ,Huraah Faction members 2-3 at a time on the Mori Timed quest Mobs and they R-999 so u cant get a Timed Mission done its BS it is something that should be Removed and have never Been put into action in the First Place b:angry

and i am welling to Bet u well not see to-many if any GMs say anythang///let alone deal with the Issue at hand
    after all its not there prob they got payed its all good.......
  • Vinat - Sanctuary
    Vinat - Sanctuary Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    The game needs to create channels so that without designing new maps or mobs we have exponentially more space to go around among the active player population. They could even make a no-bot channel for everyone to use when doing quests.

Personally, I bot at timed mobs from time to time. But I'm not the only one. If it wasn't me, it would be someone else. So while I do feel bad at times for being inconsiderate, I'm not willing to cheat myself for the benefit of others when I know for a fact that someone else will just replace me as the nuisance. My sacrifice would be in vain.

The way I see it: I run 1 bot and 1 looter at 1 location part time. I set my range small so I do not venture farther than I have to (my toon barely takes any steps). There are 4-8 mobs on either side of me at all times that my bot never touches, the timed mobs. So there's plenty for people to quest on. If I'm at the PC, I accept people to my squad so I can do the killing for them, and they leave when they're done (though I always stipulate that they not loot my drops while in my squad).

I apologize to the server at large if my bot spot is inconvenient and inconsiderate to the rest of you.

But in reality, virtually every mob in morai is a quest mob for one order or another (or base quest). Virtually every spot is filled by a bot. I find it to be a hassle to kill my mobs too when I do my morai quests. But it's not impossible, it just takes a few minutes more, and slightly more observation.
  • dragonsmoon
    dragonsmoon Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I personally love the bot. I am an active player during the day...and at night i team up with my wife and we bot dq. We barely make enough at night to cover our pots and such for next days play. We have a very remote location in Morai that sees very little traffic. My problem is the pkers. See heres the thing i joined a pk server to pk, but i just think its wrong on so many levels to go bot hunting.

1. we dont fight back so easy and cheap kill good job pker now go brag.
    2. it really upsets me to get up in the morning to find out i may have botted for an hour and cant even cover the cost of gear and pots for the next day.
    And 3. guardian scrolls cost roughly 250k now...(ty sin skill) so each time a pker wants an easy notch on his/her belt i lose 250k

If your gonna pk at least kill someone that knows they are getting attacked make it worth the fight.

oh and sins....how damn cheap can you be....you go around stealing everyones coin with out doing much. My sin has this skill but only so i could have the Keeper of Treasures that comes with it.
  • dragonsmoon
    dragonsmoon Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    As for more channels being added...that will never happen. i would love to see it happen but it wont heres why...

in other games ive played if pkers are camping a bridge i have to cross or a spot i have to quest at i just switch channels and problem solved. This game is payed for by our biggest pkers.....the campers.

If they couldnt camp us anymore theyd stop playing...pwi isnt gonna let that happen...so no we will never get more channels to hide from pkers or bots...
  • Elementous - Momaganon
    Elementous - Momaganon Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Other games have had a version of auto-culti for more than 10 years that takes place in an area that is not part of the game world as not to inconvenience other players - why PWI could not have implemented this feature in the same way is beyond me. Are they really that far behind the times? b:sad
  • Incansin - Archosaur
    Incansin - Archosaur Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I dnt think it's hard to read a bot and kill something it's not. Arch has it's everywhere btw I didn't see anyone pitch arch literally everywhere especially in2x. And why not just kill the exp and drops of quest mobs I mean yea that's like 2/3 of mobs at some point or another but ppl are about to **** there pants talkin like macho man with the rage
    when life gives you lemons...
    PAINT THAT S*** GOLD!!!!!
  • Liveena - Heavens Tear
    Liveena - Heavens Tear Posts: 422 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I miss the good old day when I can pull and aoe mobs, especially in OHT map 3, that place is crawling with bots now b:cry.

Botting is fine by me as long as it doesn't involve killing mobs needed by daily quest or something like that.

Kinda like the idea of separate channel in which is the only place where botting feature can be activated, just like RoR. Primal world have this feature with the story mode function. If only developer in PWCN can improve it and make bot mode world and people can port there and do whatever they like, and all is in forced PK mode b:surrender
    Heaven Tear

Liveena 102/102/102 Demon Cleric
    Milfeena 103/102 Demon BM
    Silpheena 104/103/102 Sage R9S3 Seeker
    Cieleena 101/101/101 Sage Stormbringer
  • Echobaby - Sanctuary
    Echobaby - Sanctuary Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I see a whole lot of people slamming the bot system and no actual positive criticism or even suggestions, I am surprised you are not calling for actual executions for people who use the auto-culti system.

I have one tip though as something that is constructive to this thread b:pleased

From your arrow on your mini-map to the edge of the mini-map, when fully zoomed in on the mini-map, that is 120 meters.

This should help a lot, like really, that should help huge. That should help in estimating the distances between bots so the bots don't get all cluttered together in the same place.

The people who are complaining about quest mobs? I just simply don't care about you. You all need to find a way to cope with it, act like you got a brain and at least pretend to use it.