Sage skills to prioritise when impoverished

mrcharlytoo
mrcharlytoo Posts: 274 Arc User
edited February 2014 in Seeker
Some (sage) seekers skills are very expensive, some are a lot cheaper.

For a PvE toon, which would you say should be prioritised?

Sword/blade master looks worthwhile.

Adrenal Numbness is very expensive for 3 def levels.

What about Ion Spike? Big boost in damage and big boost to Edged Blur damage.

Others?
Post edited by mrcharlytoo on

Comments

• Bob_Boberts - Dreamweaver
    Bob_Boberts - Dreamweaver Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Any of the level 92 and 99 skills would be good to learn since they should be cheap right now. Adrenal for level 11boosts it up to 32 (demon also gets 32) so sage is 35 defense levels. The mastery is always a good skill to learn as are the shatter debuts if you get those. Do not learn stances and he skill that goes with the stance unless you brave both (souls ever/Gemini, partchblade/stlagstrike, and the other one that I can't remember off the top of my head) if you learn the stance but not the attack or the attack but not the stance, you will be unable to get the effect that the stance causes.
  • Evryn - Morai
    Evryn - Morai Posts: 1,437 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Whichever skills you use most are the ones you should prioritise. I'd definately try to pick up sword mastery, adrenal numbness. If you solo a lot try to pick up staggering strike and heart shatter. If you group play a lot, try to upgrade Vortex and other AOE skills.
    I'm so P.R.O... I Press Respawn Often.

Ulsyr 103/103/104 BM. Working on the last R9 part (Axe).
    Khelvan 103/103/103 LA Cler. LA? LA. Deal with it.
    Evryn 103/102/101 Sagely Mystical Myst of Mystiness.
    Gromth 102/102/102 Sage Panda.
    StoneSnake - Snakeshop for everyone's common stones.
  • Medaka - Morai
    Medaka - Morai Posts: 196 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Well, I'm not sure if it's the same on your server but over here, skillbooks that you can get through tokens have gotten quite expensive while the ones from pages are really cheap now. With that being said depending on how much money you're ready to spend, the token books have some good skills.

Token wise, I would go for Heart shatter and Northern sky, leaving the rest for after. You don't have to get northern sky either, as most seekers you squad with might mess it up by running around with the level 10 one because they pay no attention to that skill at all (shame...).

However heart shatter gets a big yes.

There are more useful skills there but I didn't mention them because they also come from Old Book Pages.

In this case I'd go for Adrenal Numbness, Blade and sword mastery, Blade affinity, though the rest are useful too, you can do without them for a while longer.

These skills are actually way cheaper now because of the pages people get in Flowsilver Palace, the same applies for the ones that come from Pages of Fate.

For pages of fate, in all honesty they're all good and it depends on how often you pvp/pve for some, either way vortex or unfetter/soulshatter are pretty good, unfetter is better if you pvp and soulshatter is better if you play in squads a lot (with them mages).

The problem here would be Quid Pro Quo, this one only comes from Advanced Mystical pages... which you make from tokens. The skill is really useful considering it gets half the cooldown level 10 one has. Now depending on how you're going to go about buying your blur/vortex, when tokens used to be cheaper it was better to just make the whole bookclip with 180 advanced mystical pages (2700 tokens). Said bookclip contains Soul Shatter, Heartseeker, Unfetter, Soulsever (stance and gemini, yes), Quid Pro Quo and Voidstep.

So I'd say you could grab the cheap skills or save up a bit for tokens and grab some nice books at once, that depends on how much money you actually want to spend right now.
  • mrcharlytoo
    mrcharlytoo Posts: 274 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    On Dreamweaver, 2700 tokens would be 51m . . . .

Thanks, I'll see if I can get the blade and sword mastery and then adrenal.
  • Alphaben - Raging Tide
    Alphaben - Raging Tide Posts: 226 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I'd say these:

1) Blade affinity (chance to evade status effects like stun)

2) Unfetter (anti-stun for 4 seconds which can be combined with affinity to give 10 seconds)

Both of these are fairly cheap, but can be extremely useful

3) Adrenal Numbness (stacks with krav maga and def stats from TT/lunar/T1-T3 gears)

4) The Shatter skills since they're the most powerful debuffs in a squad

5) Blade/Sword Mastery (if you can...On RT it's 60m b:surrender)

6) Any other skills you want
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]