[Maintenance Discussion]-2-26-14 COMPLETE

Comments

• TriaStar - Dreamweaver
    TriaStar - Dreamweaver Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    wow they said they fix the santa spam..lol and going on almost a month now they still haven't fix the letter quest either..someone needs to wake up and smell the coffee
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    wow they said they fix the santa spam..lol and going on almost a month now they still haven't fix the letter quest either..someone needs to wake up and smell the coffee

The patch to fix santa spam will be tomorrow after maintenance. There was no maintenance today as stated in the first post.

The letter quest will be fixed in an upcoming patch from PWCN, according to what the CM said.

Side note, PWE cannot fix anything, all patches come from China.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • prof
    prof Posts: 1,111
    edited February 2014
    What feature would you like to see in Arc, that currently doesn't exist?

A few things.

1. A minimalistic appearance would be far, far more appealing(both website and client). Sometimes a list of things looks better than a dozen large images thrown onto a grey background. Posting a visible YouTube video, front and center, screams amateur to me. The Guides button is useless, too: most of its links are just redirects to the wiki. Instead of putting a guides button, why not hire a professional to put some serious effort into that wiki? Lord knows it needs it.

Also, the link to pwcalc? Is that even officially supported? I thought that was 3rd party.

2. A working rank system.

3. A DQ system.

4. A heavy amount of optimization.

5. There's more bug with this client than there is with the game, and if you've played it, that's a ridiculous amount of bugs.

6. A broader range of settings would be ever-so-useful. Such as: disabling "in-game". Having 4 different links to 4 different tabs in he same UI, too, screams amateur. 'My Account', 'Redeem Code' - I feel these shouldn't be hidden. There's a LOT of room available on that navigation bar, try making use of it.
  • SynfulDream - Dreamweaver
    SynfulDream - Dreamweaver Posts: 152 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Ability to obtain Jones blessing without having to copy code in everytime
  • Dspeck - Raging Tide
    Dspeck - Raging Tide Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    ******The error in Shops needs to be fixed ASAP****
    weapons are not showing " equiping item causes to be bound" so there is confusion about weapons being bound/unbound when purchasing from shops

maintenance did not happen last night, so I assume it will be tonight
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Eutrepete for awesome siggy <3
  • Gyurakzoltan - Archosaur
    Gyurakzoltan - Archosaur Posts: 683 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    wasnt 26th 11pm like some hours ago? do we now need to guess the time for maint? is it possible that PWI employs cannot even give us a correct time for maint?? seriously?? the game becomes a Guess what will happen today **** thingy...lame ... i know PWCN dont give a shiet about PWI and thats why we dont have any fixed stuff...but a maint...
    pwcalc.com/962fb48be545fa7b

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver
    DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    wasnt 26th 11pm like some hours ago? do we now need to guess the time for maint? is it possible that PWI employs cannot even give us a correct time for maint?? seriously?? the game becomes a Guess what will happen today **** thingy...lame ... i know PWCN dont give a shiet about PWI and thats why we dont have any fixed stuff...but a maint...
    Hello everyone!

Tomorrow, 2/26/14 there will be a maintenance from 11pm PST - 2am PST.

Keyword: Tomorrow.

Right now it is Wednesday 26th February 2014 08:44am PST.

Which means maint (if you had read the post) is in 14hours 16mins.
    DarkSkiesx - Demon Archer
    mypers.pw/1.7/#114350

DarkSeasx - Sage Assassin
    mypers.pw/1.7/#136481

youtube.com/darkskiesx
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
  • Socqar - Lost City
    Socqar - Lost City Posts: 511 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Keyword: Tomorrow.

Right now it is Wednesday 26th February 2014 08:44am PST.

Which means maint (if you had read the post) is in 14hours 16mins.

Trouble may come from the trouble with am - pm I guess... I had my trouble tbh, due to matching the server date-time with my current date-time :P Had to think twice before...

Some ppl don't think twice before posting though
  • TZoner - Raging Tide
    TZoner - Raging Tide Posts: 1,764 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    prof wrote: »
    A few things.

1. A minimalistic appearance would be far, far more appealing(both website and client). Sometimes a list of things looks better than a dozen large images thrown onto a grey background. Posting a visible YouTube video, front and center, screams amateur to me. The Guides button is useless, too: most of its links are just redirects to the wiki. Instead of putting a guides button, why not hire a professional to put some serious effort into that wiki? Lord knows it needs it.

Also, the link to pwcalc? Is that even officially supported? I thought that was 3rd party.

2. A working rank system.

3. A DQ system.

4. A heavy amount of optimization.

5. There's more bug with this client than there is with the game, and if you've played it, that's a ridiculous amount of bugs.

6. A broader range of settings would be ever-so-useful. Such as: disabling "in-game". Having 4 different links to 4 different tabs in he same UI, too, screams amateur. 'My Account', 'Redeem Code' - I feel these shouldn't be hidden. There's a LOT of room available on that navigation bar, try making use of it.

THIS needs to be fixed so badly....so many times my client has crashed or i have "dced" and i KNOW its not cuz of my net but the faulty PoS client with all its bugs...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited February 2014
    And do you know it's not? Because I gotta say I have no problems with the client as far as d/c goes. If it was the client, we'd likely both be experiencing the issue. Assuming yours is up-to-date. I'd pop on over to tech support if I were you, and see if you can get some help figuring out what's causing problems for you if it's a frequent issue.

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Makaa - Heavens Tear
    Makaa - Heavens Tear Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    This game have to much major bugs to fix and all what we have is some little text fix.Maybi someone need to fired more "wonderfull" dev and programmers,so we can get finally some bugs fixed.
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    This game have to much major bugs to fix and all what we have is some little text fix.Maybi someone need to fired more "wonderfull" dev and programmers,so we can get finally some bugs fixed.

The devs and programmers are in China. Fixes come from there. Text fixes is the only thing PWE is allowed to do, more or less. China, of course, prioritize their own game (PWCN) over other versions.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Danoria_ - Lost City
    Danoria_ - Lost City Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Cleric
    *Flight Mastery no longer incorrectly states that it affects Eagle's Wings.
    *The Demon version of Great Cyclone now properly lists the slow duration as 8 seconds.
    *The Demon version of Soothing Pulse now lists the correct amount of Chi.

Still shows it on my lvl 9 mastery. Ijs.

As for the question, I'd like to see a lot of changes. I feel Arc is leaving a lot to be desired. I downloaded it, but I only launch it right now when I need a blessing. It just feels like more unnecessary steps to me. Honestly, I was pretty optimistic when I downloaded Arc, but considering I only continually play pwi, it just feels like a waste of my time. I need more convenience and it's just not there.

However, I will say as far as code entering it feels much smoother.

• Sir_comsizer - Archosaur
    Sir_comsizer - Archosaur Posts: 173 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    hmmm, how about fixing the 'Time for the Living' quest? been screwed up since expansion.

Make cards either tradeable or at least account stashable
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    hmmm, how about fixing the 'Time for the Living' quest? been screwed up since expansion.

That's coming, just waiting on the devs (who are in China, and never make PWI fixes a priority) to send us a patch with a bundle of bug fixes... see Sparkie's reply about this on the first page or two.

Make cards either tradeable or at least stashable

Features in Arc (which PWE has direct control over), not PWI (which they have no control over, beyond text localization.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • RichCyphr - Heavens Tear
    RichCyphr - Heavens Tear Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    SweetieBot please find the manual patch
  • SweetieBot - Lothranis
    SweetieBot - Lothranis Posts: 18,978 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    SweetieBot please find the manual patch
    The latest manual patch appears to be: Patch 771-775 14.6MB (15315118 bytes)
    That's average-sized.

This patch hasn't been officially listed yet.

Commemorating my first anniversary of chatting in the PWI forums!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I only respond if you begin a line with "SweetieBot", read the link below for commands
    SweetieBot FAQ / Usage: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1566451

• archgonemad
    archgonemad Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    how about fixing auto path it dont work right i dont like haveing to relog just becuse i cant use my mount for auto path plz fix
  • Leoninidas - Harshlands
    Leoninidas - Harshlands Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    hello pwi you need fix this skill firestorm because don't attack 12 meters in front you, it only attack like a normal skill not as a distance.
  • Cougarwifey - Archosaur
    Cougarwifey - Archosaur Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    about time on the fashion! b:victory

edit: first and i'd like to see being able to see what codes i've redeemed by code, not just by prize. And to be sort that out from the jones/o'malley code spam.

DQ rewards reinstaded or vamped please
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary
    Asterelle - Sanctuary Posts: 930 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Sweetiebot find the manual patch
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    PWI Calculators - aster.ohmydays.net/pw
  • SweetieBot - Lothranis
    edited February 2014

Sweetiebot find the manual patch
    The latest manual patch appears to be: Patch 771-775 14.6MB (15315118 bytes)
    That's average-sized.

This patch hasn't been officially listed yet.

Marking the occasion of my first anniversary of chatting on these forums!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I only respond if you begin a line with "SweetieBot", read the link below for commands

• FaceRolI - Sanctuary
    FaceRolI - Sanctuary Posts: 450 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    As far as I know, that's coming in one of the next few updates. Don't know which one specifically, but it's not too far off.

the new way of saying "soon?" b:chuckle
    full r999 91% chan wizzy b:kiss

Current build: pwcalc.com/bf1f46790766e26d
    LuLz: pwcalc.com/20f3fa96ab3c4dc0
  • Shazaama - Harshlands
    Shazaama - Harshlands Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    HOW ABOUT PUTTING VENO BRAMBLE BACK TO THE WAY IT USED TO BE. b:pleased
  • _linx_ - Harshlands
    _linx_ - Harshlands Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    This week's maintenance question:

dq rewards page and blessing page...though the code to get the blessing is good b:thanks
  • LuboBG - Morai
    LuboBG - Morai Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    SweetyBot can u tell me how old is my account?
  • trsm
    trsm Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    dq rewards
  • Shazaama - Harshlands
    Shazaama - Harshlands Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    also how about being able to get the blessings WITHOUT this stupid arc thing please.b:laugh
  • SweetieBot - Lothranis
    edited February 2014
    The servers are now down! Everyone start panicking!
    Ohh wait, this happens every maintenance.

Here's the server status:

West Coast Servers:
    Sanctuary (PVE) (pwigc2.perfectworld.com): OFFLINE
    Heaven's Tear (PVE) (pwigc4.perfectworld.com): OFFLINE
    Lost City (PvP) (pwigc3.perfectworld.com): OFFLINE
    Archosaur (PvE) (pwiwest4.perfectworld.com): OFFLINE

East Coast Servers:
    Harshlands (PvP) (pwieast1.perfectworld.com): OFFLINE
    Dreamweaver (PvE) (pwieast2.perfectworld.com): OFFLINE
    Raging Tide (PvE) (pwieast3.perfectworld.com): OFFLINE

European Servers:
    Morai (PvE) (pwieu3.en.perfectworld.eu): OFFLINE

Commemorating one full year of talking on these forums!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• rolandir
    rolandir Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I see so many ppl complaining about arc. I've had it for like 9 months and for me its no different. when maint is around i open arc to launch game, game launches i close arc. rest of the week i use the pwi pin from my taskbar no arc. stability is the same pwi stability..

as for what i'd like to see on arc is dq. Im gonna be needin random dyes when i finally gets my eternal love set....

I'd even like to see the silly lil thing they had on core connect with the martial arts scrolls an such and mix up the 'rewards' u can buy for the stuff u do...