End to the Pure Dex vs. Pure Strength Seeker Debate!

2»

Comments

• Vennesetiid - Sanctuary
    Vennesetiid - Sanctuary Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I somewhat regret using a tank build.
  • Mattiks - Dreamweaver
    Mattiks - Dreamweaver Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I would say the dex build is interesting, and that once I hit 105 I intend to test it for myself, but until I see the difference with my own eyes, strength build wins in my opinion. Dex builds may have better finishing power for pvp. But when I play my seeker at least, I prefer to be adept at both pve and pvp. The full strength build is superior simply because it best accommodates every aspect of playing a seeker. Sure, there are times I prefer pvp to pve, but to be a good seeker, I think the balance provided by the full strength build is essential. Also in terms of competitive seeker builds, sadly enough, r9rr is essential to make a difference in today's pvp metagame. Of course Warsoul is nice too, but GoF and over 30% crit rate are just crazy. That being said, there is already a good amount of crit rate for an r9rr seeker. Adding 10 more crit with a dex build helps for sure, but if you already have 35% crit with a full strength build, to me that seems like plenty. Also, when Deceptistar was a dex build, correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure that was before r9rr even came out, and she was probably closer to 30-35% crit anyway, which is what a standard r9rr seeker has already with full strength. And let's not forget how much easier it was to kill groups of people before r9rr came out. This kind of build comparison can be played around with using fancy maths and contemplated upon from user experience, but for a truly accurate analysis, the builds need to be compared side by side in a modern day game setting, in both pvp and pve. Just some thoughts..
  • Aeliah - Dreamweaver
    Aeliah - Dreamweaver Posts: 784 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Being a full vit build isn't worth it unless it comes with a tradeoff. For catapult barbs, that tradeoff is the survivability to tank many people at once. For a cleric, the survivability can translate into better support. But on a seeker, it just doesn't make sense. No matter how much vit you throw on a seeker, its still not going to be as tanky as a barb with same # of vit points. And a seeker isn't really suited for support either. A seeker also lacks in crowd control skills like a bm (a vit build bm used simply as support could easily benefit from a pure vit build) or any form of healing support.

Basically, vit build doesn't work for seeker. A barb can tank, a cleric can heal, and a bm can control, but a seeker dds. A vit build prevents a seeker from doing that, plain and simple.
    YOUTUBE CHANNEL:
    youtube.com/user/csquaredcsquared

CLERIC PV GUIDE (complete):
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1531411

CLERIC PK GUIDE (Incomplete):
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=18027931
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    presently the only thing with the str build atm that im having noticable is the (stronger) archers who have a load of dex. 1/5 the time you miss x,x but i dont want to sacrifice the cloud stir/moons embrase cause the refine gives you a ton of mag defense as opposed to the other ring with 50%acc and pdef refines. Times like these i miss the dex build.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Raphxelion - Raging Tide
    Raphxelion - Raging Tide Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    presently the only thing with the str build atm that im having noticable is the (stronger) archers who have a load of dex. 1/5 the time you miss x,x but i dont want to sacrifice the cloud stir/moons embrase cause the refine gives you a ton of mag defense as opposed to the other ring with 50%acc and pdef refines. Times like these i miss the dex build.
    yea...those are the worst lol. Especially when your sooo close to killing someone then you MISS lol
  • $oul_Reaver - Archosaur
    $oul_Reaver - Archosaur Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    going pure dex would be a very foolish option. 20 dex = 1% crit

therefore 100dex= 5% crit

either way pumping in pure dex as a seeker would only increase your accuracy, evasion and nerf your damage.

lol its not like you would turn into a sin and start criting hits in rows. if you went pure dex you wouldn't even hit half as hard as a seeker with pure strength and capped dex for gears.
  • SweetieBot - Lothranis
    SweetieBot - Lothranis Posts: 18,978 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    going pure dex would be a very foolish option. 20 dex = 1% crit

therefore 100dex= 5% crit

either way pumping in pure dex as a seeker would only increase your accuracy, evasion and nerf your damage.

lol its not like you would turn into a sin and start criting hits in rows. if you went pure dex you wouldn't even hit half as hard as a seeker with pure strength and capped dex for gears.
    This looks like a NECRO!

$oul_Reaver - Archosaur replied to a message that was 2 months 19 days 19 hours 16 minutes old.

Any thread over one month (30 days) old is considered to be a dead thread and you're not supposed to post in them. The person you are replying to probably doesn't care any more or can no longer be found on the forums. The topic itself could be out of date. Next time just make a new thread.

Let's see how long it takes for a mod to close this :)

Celebrating my first anniversary of talking in the PWI forums!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I only respond if you begin a line with "SweetieBot", read the link below for commands
    SweetieBot FAQ / Usage: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1566451

• ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited February 2014
    closed for necro

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited February 2014
    Closed due to uncontrolled *ninjas named Venus.

b:angry
    (Insert fancy image here)
This discussion has been closed.