Malelific Crush Primal Not good

goldenears
goldenears Posts: 0 Arc User
edited June 2014 in Venomancer
I'm a heavy armor veno Just here to give heads up to anyone wanting this skill.
The new primal world skill maleific crush isn't all that's cracked up to be.

For starters cooldown is 180 seconds compared to before 30seconds.
Old skill usually cast it 2 times easy in a nice distance aoe. Equivalent to the same power as the new malefic.
Compared that to Novas 60seconds this is a very god awful long time. 2mins good lord have mercy if u really on aoe as a fox. can pop off at least 4 of the old aoe in that downtime.

Next is the 1.3 seconds of invulnerability no mater what you still can be stunned canceling cast so whats the point. Good Game there PWI. I have this skill tested proven. It's super fail.
Sins and Bms just love to stun and kill in the 3 second frame. So take that survival chance and flush it.

Next is the range it is 10 meters but only hits whats in front of you not back not sides Front and the aoe distance is also cut in half from what the old malefic is. so your hiting like one maybe five things out of a mass of 100. Good thing I'm Heavy no aa would live to tell the tale.

only one pro for this skill use one spark instead of using two. But whats the point? the cool down is 180 seconds lol. spark? then hit? right?? counts as two hits in one! but then your old skill could be popped off 4 times and even during the spark time. So it's like hell stick with old malefic.

I would count the chance of stun as a pro but the truth is the chance of stun is zilch. Works on lesser mobs Yay! People? oh hell no ppfft good luck getting a 2 second stun on a person.
Assuming your not stun first with your channel broken and dead to a sin, bm, psys the worst.

Do a favor don't get the skill take those 60 bloods and get the passive skills.

Oh and those that are curious as to the animation all it is is pink light like the fossilized curse.
It literally is just that Boring as Heck. Not as cool as having a ghost chick spreading aoe and mana.
Post edited by goldenears on

Comments

• Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    goldenears wrote: »
    I'm a heavy armor veno Just here to give heads up to anyone wanting this skill.
    The new primal world skill maleific crush isn't all that's cracked up to be.

For starters cooldown is 180 seconds compared to before 30seconds.
    Old skill usually cast it 2 times easy in a nice distance aoe. Equivalent to the same power as the new malefic.
    Compared that to Novas 60seconds this is a very god awful long time. 2mins good lord have mercy if u really on aoe as a fox. can pop off at least 4 of the old aoe in that downtime.

This was most likely a balancing factor because of the Paralyze effect it gains.

Although I don't disagree, especially considering that the Barbarian one costs no chi, gives chi and has a low cooldown or that Blademaster one lasts for a whole 7.5 seconds (6 if Sage I think) they could have lowered the cooldown to something like 90 seconds maybe (or alternatively they could have given bigger balancing factors to the Barbarian/Blademaster skills).

Next is the 1.3 seconds of invulnerability no mater what you still can be stunned canceling cast so whats the point. Good Game there PWI. I have this skill tested proven. It's super fail.
    Sins and Bms just love to stun and kill in the 3 second frame. So take that survival chance and flush it.

My friend was applying pretty fast but I don't know if that has to do with being an AA build and thus having more channeling. The new Malefic Crush is significantly faster either way; channel was 2 seconds and cast time was 1.3. The new one had its cast time increased to 1.8 but the channeling decreased to only 0.2. In total you're looking at 3.3 (old) and 2.0 (new).

In other words, the old Malefic Crush has a much higher chance of being interrupted, stunned etc. so regardless it is an improvement although you can argue that there weren't many reasons to cast old Malefic Crush (lol MP drain, pointless with charms).

Next is the range it is 10 meters but only hits whats in front of you not back not sides Front and the aoe distance is also cut in half from what the old malefic is. so your hiting like one maybe five things out of a mass of 100. Good thing I'm Heavy no aa would live to tell the tale.

A friend of mine has the new Malefic Crush and as far as I've seen it's not just frontal AOE. It really hits everything within 10 meter radius around you. He recently posted a PV video on these forums where he was killing the frogs all around him. You can see the video here. (It's a link, new forum layout sucks).

Old Malefic Crush, according to the description, is 8 meters radius. New one is 10, shouldn't you feel a difference of bigger range?

only one pro for this skill use one spark instead of using two. But whats the point? the cool down is 180 seconds lol. spark? then hit? right?? counts as two hits in one! but then your old skill could be popped off 4 times and even during the spark time. So it's like hell stick with old malefic.

I would count the chance of stun as a pro but the truth is the chance of stun is zilch. Works on lesser mobs Yay! People? oh hell no ppfft good luck getting a 2 second stun on a person.
    Assuming your not stun first with your channel broken and dead to a sin, bm, psys the worst.

It's an AOE Paralyze not a stun, the description of the skill is wrong. The Paralyze chance depends on your Soulforce so if your Soulforce is low then it's not very reliable but for the majority of PvPers that have at least +8 or higher gear refines and +10 or higher weapon refines it should be decent.

The new Malefic Crush is a PvP oriented skill that requires teamwork. Whilst it may not benefit you personally due to the low Paralyze duration, it has potential in group PvP or TW because Paralyze ignores any kind of anti-stun. The only ways to ignore it is to immune or Faith before Paralyze is applied (Faith does not remove Paralyze status if it's already applied).

Do a favor don't get the skill take those 60 bloods and get the passive skills.

It's a matter of what you're going to do with this skill. If you're PvPing on a regular basis then it's worth the upgrade because old Malefic Crush was nearly useless. If you mostly/only PvE then you'll probably rather have old Malefic Crush especially for HA builds.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I haven't got it yet, but from what I read i thought this skill would suck. I guess I'm right, sadly. That's why I'm getting 1st the passive skills, starting with defense.

GJ pw, thanks for giving us another useless skill.
  • X_volcano_y - Harshlands
    X_volcano_y - Harshlands Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Well it was almost useless now its useless..np.
    Its actually the only sage skill i dont have...actually mine is lvl1..idk why i wasted some coins for lvl1.
    But for really really propvpers malefic + the genie skill that acts like transfusion can be deadly and take a 54k hp barb to 1-2k in a glance
  • helovesu
    helovesu Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    You know that Sage Purge has an AoE effect (5 meter). In fact that the targets behind the veno will not be purged.
    It might be alike. AoE thing would never hit the enemy behind us.
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    helovesu wrote: »
    You know that Sage Purge has an AoE effect (5 meter). In fact that the targets behind the veno will not be purged.
    It might be alike. AoE thing would never hit the enemy behind us.

If you use purge from distance (10m), an AoE of 5 meters won't hit anyone who is right behind a veno.
  • Msdoomdesire - Sanctuary
    Msdoomdesire - Sanctuary Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I personally think venos got dealt the weakest hand when it came to skills. The best they did for venos was making fox form skills semi-useful. I've fought plenty of venos with the new skills and I'm not really impressed. They barely have chances to hit me with any of those fox skills and when they do get the chance they most likely choose chi drain or purge. The skills just aren't that practical. Redstone venomworm was meant to be a nerf for Demons really. Why would I give up 0def for a tiny dmg upgrade and weak armor break? Honestly even in group PvP situations I think you would get more praise if you say get ironwood demon proc on a tanky barb or any tank for that matter. Redstone only helped sages and it barely helps for that matter.

Out of all the skills the only one I find to be any use at all would be stunning blow. Stunning Blow is an absolute decent lasting freeze which actually has use in pvp situations.

I'm ignoring all of the skills except for stunning blow. Maybe grudge strike once I'm done with def passives because their's no harm in getting it.

Seeing that the goal of red venomworm was to nerf the demon proc I have a feeling they will actually nerf the demon ironwood for those of us that decide not to get the new one in the future. Its just a feeling I have.

I completely agree with desdi on the fact that their was no sort of balance added to the bm and barb paralyze.
  • X_volcano_y - Harshlands
    X_volcano_y - Harshlands Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    i was thinking...about the stun..60 to 100% for sages depending on soulforce....how exactly depending?...i have 31k soulforce...would that mean 100%? if yes then an extra assured stun wont hurt even if cost a spark cuz the only control skills are (bewitch,lucky,nova so 6+3+8+3=20sec if timed well)...and the mana burn is just a nice add.
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    It's a paralyze not a stun. In my opinion it's worth using on casters with Purify weapons to help your squad lock them down, even for a brief moment and since Malefic Crush is AOE, it can work in small groups too.

I don't have the skill yet so I can't test, still debating if I'll learn Stunning Blow or this one first.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited March 2014
    It's a paralyze not a stun. In my opinion it's worth using on casters with Purify weapons to help your squad lock them down, even for a brief moment and since Malefic Crush is AOE, it can work in small groups too.

I don't have the skill yet so I can't test, still debating if I'll learn Stunning Blow or this one first.

Stunning blow.

b:avoid
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • ErisedDeSang - Sanctuary
    ErisedDeSang - Sanctuary Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Necro me if you must, but I just got this skill and I love it. When I use it people pm me and say with did you just do? Venos don't have a skill like that are you hacking. Keep not using it if you want, I'll just keep letting people think I'm hacking
  • Marengo - Lost City
    Marengo - Lost City Posts: 771 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I got it and find it not that bad but paralyze chance and duration is miserable. Even 3 seconds would be much better, enough to cast purge. But 2 is about nothing. To interrupt chanting only.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/elmarise
    pw art ◊ tinyurl.com/q6ca7ar ◊
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited June 2014
    You know... you could have at least used the thread referenced by the sticky so there could be a reason for not closing it for being a necro. Dx
    (Insert fancy image here)
This discussion has been closed.