Splatted in bigroom

Options
mrcharlythree
mrcharlythree Posts: 3 Arc User
edited February 2014 in Seeker
lvl85, 6k phys def, 6k hp with base buff.

Set up vortex, got BP. reborn sin pulled whole room (wish they'd pulled half).

BM HF as mobs got to me, two hits on mobs then I was dead.

So what went wrong? Lvl85 too low to tank hits without BB?

How much hp to survive without BB?
Post edited by mrcharlythree on

Comments

• DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver
    DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Expel. Genie skill.
    DarkSkiesx - Demon Archer
    mypers.pw/1.7/#114350

DarkSeasx - Sage Assassin
    mypers.pw/1.7/#136481

youtube.com/darkskiesx
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    Slivaf - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,106 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    A couple of things missing from your original post....

(some may seem real silly but bare with me as each are important)

1. Were the captain mobs dead? (they can hf you and increase the damage you take, this can hurt quite a bit even with around 10k phys def)

2. Did you have adrenal numbness activated?

3. What level is your base? Did you have the major, or minor buffs on your seeker?

4. Your weapon also kind of matters as you need to kill the mobs as fast as possible without them pwning you by the time stuns/debuffs wear away from the mobs.

5. Did the bm stun? (He or she so should have done this even if you are a seeker, a full buff with captain mobs still alive can be quite dangerous when the main 'tank' isn't capable of handing the debuff + mobs.

6. If you were lagging that also could effect whether or not your effective in taking out the mobs.

--

This is all I can think of atm... and while some of it may seem silly, each does play a vital role in the success-fulness of killing mobs like those.
    Ah, Mistakes are so easily made. ~ laura resnick

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
  • mrcharlythree
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Adrenal numbness on

Captain mobs not dead, which could have been a big factor.

BM didn't stun

I had level 10 bladed fervor on. Would Krav Magda been a better choice?

I'm using one of the bh69 drop weapons - hits a lot harder than my Shinrotwins. Testing on Smooth Antoine, it hits for 20k+ in vortex.
  • Satyrion - Sanctuary
    Satyrion - Sanctuary Posts: 255 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    I prefer use bladed fervor on my seeker, while I have a friend who prefer krav maga...

You could either choose to kill the captains first (there is 4 of them) so you wont get debuffed. It makes the mobs sooo much easier to tank. Ooor take use of your genie.
    Expel should be useful as it makes you immune to physical damage while sealing you (the seal doesn't matter if your vortex already is up) just remember to target yourself before using it..
    Absolute Domain (AD) makes you immune to everything, but doesn't last as long time. Captains will debuff you when their HP is getting close to half, so make sure to use it in time.

Personally I have AD on my genie and was using it before I was able to tank the full pull without trouble. I also prefered to wear parchedblade dance in case of vortex drops (it seems I was bad at keep vortex up back in the time lol), so I could do a fast stalagstrike to stun followed by darkcloud bolt and kite mobs if needed.
    youtube.com/user/Cebloon
    ~ not that there is that much to see (yet?)
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Seekers dont actually have to take 'no dmg' >.>
    Lately i see pple with a all or nothing type of thinking. When we did fcc back in the days earthguard first came out, the first seekers usually tanked the room around lv 75-80 with pretty much same stats you had (no BB) and TT gear. Here is a med that is probably long forgotten but still useful and something i keep stocked even at lv 105.

Dew of Star Protection.

http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/11318

use it a second or two before you vortex and that should do the trick. If you dont have a charm make sure your HP food is clicked and running too. You shouldnt need to worry about stuns and stance. Genie might be helpful but not really necessary unless you take more than 20 sec, but by that time half the mobs are dead.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    Salari - Raging Tide Posts: 2,102 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    I have yet to have any problems with my seeker for the big pull, since level 80 when i got tt80 gear with or without a cleric. Those mobs dont hit hard at all even if you are debuffed by a captain. Try using a def blessing and apo wouldnt hurt. Your main problem is your low hp, def is fine.
    Marine - Marshall - Raging Tides - Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    Yes, because people really need 900+ dex or 1000+ magic just for the lulz
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    Walpurga - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,028 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Channels

youtube .com/user/WallyPWS Active

youtube .com/user/tehnewblife Semi Inactive
    edited January 2014
    Options
    some of the comments are kinda funny o.o
    "you need at least 70 FPS and a 100 or lowe Ping time"

a single Crab Meat Jiaozi can be used to make up for the expel at the 'initial take-off' as it replenishes HP really fast. Thus why back then we started at lv75 and above cause thats the lv when the crabs are usable

pull> crab>dew> vortex

★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    Slivaf - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,106 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options

To be fair that wasn't even a full pull in the big room, OP asked about full pull, but still that video does indeed have good tips. (Even if it isn't the way I play my seeker, and I don't die often at all on it.) Whatever way works for people.
    1. Adrenal numbness on

2. Captain mobs not dead, which could have been a big factor.

3. BM didn't stun

4. I had level 10 bladed fervor on. Would Krav Magda been a better choice?

5. I'm using one of the bh69 drop weapons - hits a lot harder than my Shinrotwins. Testing on Smooth Antoine, it hits for 20k+ in vortex.

Sorry added the numbers so it would be a bit easier to reply. :$

1. That is good, I have forgotten to rebuff myself on my seeker with that skill from time to time (specifically in delta)

2. Yea as others have pointed out killing the captains for a full pull in big room... (with low hp/p def/no genie usage.. or even purely offensive genie use (mire)/no BB/heals) ... is a really good idea if you want it to be successful without those.

3. Another big issue, stuns can help significantly, they give your hp more time to recuperate/perhaps even for a sword proc to activate/kick in and save you from certain death.

4. As someone (Satyrion) who kind of touched upon this subject implied... it so depends on who you ask, personally I feel that krav maga would be better in a situation like yours, heck I even find it better to use in situations where you know the boss/mobs are going to be quite painful, that extra 5 def levels is really rather quite nice, I even prefer to use krav maga over bladed ferver/Saber rattle in NW.

5. Very nice choice of weapon... so that definitely wasn't an issue <3.
    Ah, Mistakes are so easily made. ~ laura resnick

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
  • Naughtymaz - Dreamweaver
    Naughtymaz - Dreamweaver Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    going splat is lack of skill, i watched a 90 RB seeker in full g16 +7 gear who could only handle one group w/out caps at a time, this to me screams fail seeker, i had a seeker that was 84 in tt 80 gear +2-3 on most things and could handle the full bigroom pull with just bp, and when a sin wasnt around just basic BB worked fine, so when seekers fail in BR it isn't gear or the healer it's lack of skill, most likely due to being an fc baby/ n00bt/\rd
  • mrcharlythree
    edited January 2014
    Options
    ah well, that's your opinion. The opinion of other people differs.

Anyway I did a multi-run PV last night and the rest of the team (half reborns) thought I was really good.
  • Neferhotep - Lost City
    Neferhotep - Lost City Posts: 276 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    going splat is lack of skill, i watched a 90 RB seeker in full g16 +7 gear who could only handle one group w/out caps at a time, this to me screams fail seeker, i had a seeker that was 84 in tt 80 gear +2-3 on most things and could handle the full bigroom pull with just bp, and when a sin wasnt around just basic BB worked fine, so when seekers fail in BR it isn't gear or the healer it's lack of skill, most likely due to being an fc baby/ n00bt/\rd

This is just stupid. When a seeker uses Vortex and has BP, good gear and lvld skills, there are only 2 more things he can do - using pots (crabs, purify and maybe damage immune pots) and genie skills. Using vortex does not require great knowledge, it depends on the buffs you have, the pots you have and after all, what the others are doing.

Sure, you need skill to be a good player. But when youre sitting in vortex there are hardly things to do besides using certain pots and genie skills.

I remember doing my first pulls on my seeker when she was 82 with -7x mold set and TT70 sword. had like 4,5k HP unbuffed. I had vortex lvl 1 and besides AN nothing maxed. I didnt use any pots besides crabs and the only genie skills i had were holy path and cloud eruption.

I could pull the halls in 2 pulls, tanked Messenger without any help or heal and could tank the whole room of mobs with BP alone - with the captains.

And now, when shes 90 with very good gear, 6k HP unbuffed and lvl 88 gold sword + buff pills i sometimes die doing the big room. Even with AD i sometimes die, and usually it is not like i see my HP going down. Even full buffed, good HP, good skills and AD sometimes when the mobs reach me im dead in like 2 sec without even seeing any debuff.
    Especially when people think "Duuh youre a seeker, why pulling the captains out? Cleric can IH, BM HF and the rest is up to you. If you die, youre fail :xxx"

Sure, there are things you can do to avoid those situations, but sometimes youre just unlucky or laggy.
    I like potatoes <(O~O)>
  • Medaka - Morai
    Medaka - Morai Posts: 196 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    There are many factors that you could blame for dying in bigroom as a seeker really, and most of the time it doesn't come down to "skill" as much as it comes down to factors like lag or bad luck. And besides even the "worst" seekers can use vortex... I don't know what it could possibly require skill wise when you're just sitting there, watching yourself spin and maybe using a few pots and genie skills for assistance.

This is something that also happens when you stun mobs, but I don't think you are aware of this yet. Mobs will not always hit you at the same rate. By rate I mean the amount of hits you take at once. Think of it as the old deal with stunning a group of mobs that's attacking someone. Before stunning them, they aren't attacking at the same time, mainly because of positioning, one mob reached target earlier or such, but after said group of mobs gets out of the stun, they all attack you at the exact same time. If charm bypassing works in pvp with (though some exceptions here) 2 or more attacks that happen at the same time, then it's possible enough for you to get unlucky and have too many mobs attack you at the same time aswell.
  • mrcharlytoo
    mrcharlytoo Posts: 274 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Worked on this a bit more.

Dew of Protection; got some of these, didn't seem to be able to activate them after I'd started vortex.

Did fc incl bigroom with a squad of not-reborns, no healer. 'twas a bit tough at times but the main problem seemed to be lag - unable to run from SuperPowerFullSlash for example. Just couldn't stop toon auto-attacking and get it to move. I wasn't the only one who suffered.

I've since done a full bh69, unwined, with a decent healer. I was only tanky class in there so took point all the time. Absolutely no problems, so I do think that the dying in big room was a combination of lag and crit chains from the mobs.
  • DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver
    DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Dew of Protection; got some of these, didn't seem to be able to activate them after I'd started vortex.

Did fc incl bigroom with a squad of not-reborns, no healer. 'twas a bit tough at times but the main problem seemed to be lag - unable to run from SuperPowerFullSlash for example. Just couldn't stop toon auto-attacking and get it to move. I wasn't the only one who suffered.

Apothecary cannot be used whilst channelling a skill. i.e. during vortex/boa/dragons breath, however genie skills can.

For Big room, I've said this before, and I'll say it again.

1) Get a genie
    2) Put expel on it
    3) Hit that just before impact of mobs
    4) Immune to damage/won't interrupt vortex

Easy, simple, free.

Also killing the captains helps loads at lower levels. There are 4 captains along the middle row of groups of mobs (under the flight path of the one harpy that moves). These captains can put a debuff on you similar to HF. Massively increasing the chance you 'going splat'

Please search forums if you need help setting up your genie, or I can edit in some links if you need.
    DarkSkiesx - Demon Archer
    mypers.pw/1.7/#114350

DarkSeasx - Sage Assassin
    mypers.pw/1.7/#136481

youtube.com/darkskiesx
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Worked on this a bit more.

mm yeah thus why i said to use a second or two before vortex. Need to time that but it lasts 20 seconds
    basically you got 2 choices atm:

expel - can cast after vortex, lasts average 4-8 seconds, makes immune to phy dmg
    dew - cast before vortex, lasts 20 seconds, greatly reduces phy/mag dmg
  • mrcharlytoo
    mrcharlytoo Posts: 274 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Trust me, I've been listening.

Timed Dew just right last night, super pull and no problems. Didn't bother taking out captains.

Now; Expel vs Absolute Domain

Some people recommend one, some the other.

From ecatacomb

Expel
    Expels the target from the physical world.
    This causes the target to be silenced, but
    it also grants them immunity to physical
    damage for 4.5 seconds.

Absolute Domain
    Makes you immune to all damage for 3.2 seconds
    and immune to immobilization for 2 seconds afterwards.

expel lasts longer, but I have to self-target to cast and it only helps with physical damage
    Absolute domain grants complete immunity.

Looks like a bit of a draw
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Domain also has the perk of being something you can chain with an immune pot... but if you're using apoth anyways, may as well just stick to the dews. And if all you'd use domain for was the invincibility chaining ability, you could also just use an anti-stun genie skill instead so you'd have energy left for something like frenzy or mire.

Essentially, I'm saying expel is better for big room pulls. Once you setup vortex, it shouldn't be too difficult to click your own portriat and tap the hotkey for it to get what's essentially invincibility for these purposes compared to Domain's shorter duration.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Medaka - Morai
    Medaka - Morai Posts: 196 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Expel doesn't require you to self target to cast it. If you have a mob selected when you use expel it will work on yourself. Domain would be better if you also pull the magic hall during the run but for anything else in there expel is ways better.
  • Atropah - Sanctuary
    Atropah - Sanctuary Posts: 186 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    6k phys def, 6k hp with base buff.

two hits on mobs then I was dead.

People have covered the skill portion but aside from complete immunity to damage or severe reduction we have to acknowledge his defenses and hp.

All damage in the xp room is physical. The captains curse you to take double damage. There are 50 mobs in the room including the 5 captains, effectively turning it into 100 mobs. Vortex ticks every 1.5 seconds and will give enough heals to heal pretty much any seeker in 1 tick, you just need to be able to tank those 50 mobs doing double damage for 1.5 seconds.

They've suggested expel, which lasts 12 seconds I believe, and by then most the mobs should be dead anyways and whats left should be easy to tank. Dews last 20 seconds and the massive increase in pdef means you take very little damage, enough to tank the 50 mobs for the 1.5 seconds you need. But you want to do it without either, right?

Here is a crappy crappy seeker build. Its a mixture of lvl 70 and 80 gear with only +2 refines. It has flawless citrines with a max of 3 sockets. It has magic ornies, which don't really help you in the xp room. You said you had barb buff from base so I added a level 8 barb buff. You also said you had a cleric and bm in squad so I gave you level 10 bell and vanguard. I added nothing to vit and even have 80 stats unused. I have nothing from titles or meridians added. In other words, absolute **** with minimal effort.

Yet I still get a 5.8k hp seeker with 10.1k pdef. My point is you can easily fix this. Were you missing gear? Do your meridians and titles. Get +3-4 refines. Keep your gear at least sort of updated. Then follow other people's advice from here also and it shouldn't be a problem.
  • Kablaab - Dreamweaver
    Kablaab - Dreamweaver Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Also, for pulls of any kind - at least until you get gear capable of tanking much much better, go for an O'malley bless AND Krav Maga buff, in addition to your Adrenal Numbness buff. Trust me when I say that having 15 attack levels and 50 defense levels (not counting other possible gear additions) will be much more effective for you than having 33 attack levels and 31 defense levels.

Had a faction mate check out my seeker the other day (g16's +6) while I played around with self buffs and blessing configurations (no other class buffs). With a Jones Blessing and Bladed Fervor, I had a damage index of roughly 23k and a survival index of 114k. With the o'malley blessing and krava maga buff, my damage index dropped to 21k and my survival index raised up to 201k. Clearly you can see that swapping out to an omalley sees a minimal drop in damage potential, but gains a great boost in survival.

Now if you've got gear that can tank the pull without a blessing at all and want things to go a bit faster, sure go ahead and swap out to the jones.