Undercurrent Hall and venos

Desdi - Sanctuary
Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
edited February 2014 in Venomancer
You saw it coming :3
For reference, the other New Horizons expansion instance thread can be found here.

Video of the instance.
Additional tricks to the instance.

Shameless copy&paste from my video's description:

Undercurrent Hall - New Horizons instance that is available after the server unlocks the Final Seal phase. The instance has daily quests, one of which can be repeated up to 3 times.
The instance is used to farm Primordial Blood (up to 5 a day) as well as Dragon Blood Stones (previously Hidden Dragon Den materials before the instance was disabled) or Arcane Sky Pills. The quests also give some Vitae.

The video was of my second run so there may be a few mistakes as we were still figuring out how things work. Each side can be done in about 15 minutes in a full squad that knows what they are doing so the overall instance can take about 30 minutes. The instance requires teamwork and communication. Overall it's quite fun with some new mechanics/things to do.

Notes for those playing Venomancers:

- The instance is rather pet-friendly. It might die to the Fire side boss AOE but over-all I was able to have my pet out and assist me with things.

- Fire side boss has self-buffs which must be purged. It buffs itself with attack and heals (Ironheart icon and attack icons). The system warns you ahead of time so you have plenty of time to drop to Fox Form and prepare.

- Bosses seem to be immune to the HP debuff so Sage Soul Degeneration doesn't work there.
[SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
Post edited by Desdi - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Satyrion - Sanctuary
    Satyrion - Sanctuary Posts: 255 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    PK is enabled in the instance, no exp loss upon dead.

At the wind part of the instance: Leave squad -> Bewitch someone from the squad -> Watch them faaalll dooown from the skyy

Hope the summon-while-flying get fixed soon though. In the wind part of the instance I was doing the circles for wind power points, but the circles buffed once my pet instead of me... I would have stowed pet if it wasn't because I would have to land to resummon. (When you fly through the circles, it gives you a fly speed buff that stacks)
    A lot confusing instance at the beginning, but the instance aren't too bad. I had fun, it's a nice instance. Thanks for the runs ;3
    youtube.com/user/Cebloon
    ~ not that there is that much to see (yet?)
  • Vedovis - Lost City
    Vedovis - Lost City Posts: 942 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    My only issue with the new dungeon is that I can't summon my pet while flying :( I hope they fix that soon.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

| Signature made by Fishy!~ | Semiretired |
  • Marengo - Lost City
    Marengo - Lost City Posts: 771 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    My only issue with the new dungeon is that I can't summon my pet while flying :( I hope they fix that soon.
    I think it's not a bug anymore but a feature. Enough time passed since it had been found and things aren't moving. Would like to be wrong but I stopped hoping.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/elmarise
    pw art ◊ tinyurl.com/q6ca7ar ◊
  • Vedovis - Lost City
    Vedovis - Lost City Posts: 942 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I think it's not a bug anymore but a feature. Enough time passed since it had been found and things aren't moving. Would like to be wrong but I stopped hoping.

b:cry its one of the few features I hoped they'd fix :(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

| Signature made by Fishy!~ | Semiretired |
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited February 2014
    They better fix it, it makes no sense why they'd "nerf" us not being able to summon pets while flying..like seriously O.o what's the point of that?
  • Marengo - Lost City
    edited February 2014
    They better fix it, it makes no sense why they'd "nerf" us not being able to summon pets while flying..like seriously O.o what's the point of that?
    I'm just trying to be not too optimistic in order not to be disappointed in future b:chuckle
    To be honest I would like some clearness on this matter even more than a fix. Want to know if it's really a bug and supposed to be fixed or not and we should live with it.
    Maybe chinese players on their chinese site have a word from dev which I missed...
    Besides ther is one more serious "bug" when pet doesn't attack a player which attacked you. Unless you are not stunned and click its skill or autoattack manually. This is also an issue which no one ever bothered to fix that venos finally got used to it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/elmarise
  • Satyrion - Sanctuary
    edited February 2014
    3. Can't summon venomancer pets when flying Future Patch - TBD

Should be fixed :)

I believe this bug happened because they wanted fix another bug where you summon mount while falling down from sky/unsummoning flyer.. This bug made people able to wear wings while they sit on mount / dance around on ground or whatever untill they move.

Here is an old picture of my sin doing it
    youtube.com/user/Cebloon
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited February 2014
    That actually looks cool lol.
  • Marengo - Lost City
    edited February 2014
    I believe this bug happened because they wanted fix another bug where you summon mount while falling down from sky/unsummoning flyer.. This bug made people able to wear wings while they sit on mount / dance around on ground or whatever untill they move.
    Heard of it, but wings disappear if you move a bit. And also there is no harm from this little trick b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/elmarise
  • Satyrion - Sanctuary
    edited February 2014
    Well its the only explaination I can find for how this bug even happened, but what do I know b:chuckle
    youtube.com/user/Cebloon
  • Foxyas - Dreamweaver
    Foxyas - Dreamweaver Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited February 2014

Yup defeats the purpose of me having a phoenix whatsoever. Having to land to summon it, then fly back up to said height and kill mobs....waste of time.
  • Mauntille - Heavens Tear
    Mauntille - Heavens Tear Posts: 694 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Hope the summon-while-flying get fixed soon though. In the wind part of the instance I was doing the circles for wind power points, but the circles buffed once my pet instead of me... I would have stowed pet if it wasn't because I would have to land to resummon. (When you fly through the circles, it gives you a fly speed buff that stacks)

I haven't made it into the new instance yet, so please forgive a potentially noobish question, but would it be feasible to change the stance of your pet back and forth between hold position and follow so you can avoid having your pet get buffed?

But then depending on what the instance is like, I could understand if the there's too much going on to deal with that or if it's a rare enough occurrence that it's not worth the effort...
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited February 2014
    I'm usually gathering dragons and let the "squishier" people fly through the hoops so I haven't tried or checked anything with them. I'm kinda glad the instance made so that even "squishy" players can contribute in some way if they can't handle the big stuff.
  • Satyrion - Sanctuary
    edited February 2014
    I haven't made it into the new instance yet, so please forgive a potentially noobish question, but would it be feasible to change the stance of your pet back and forth between hold position and follow so you can avoid having your pet get buffed?

But then depending on what the instance is like, I could understand if the there's too much going on to deal with that or if it's a rare enough occurrence that it's not worth the effort...

That sounds quite troublesome for me and if you get out of range of pet it get unsummoned anyways. With the high flying speed I would more concentrate about get in the circles xD
    Anyways it doesn't take too long to land on one of the many platforms to summon pet, depend which circles you are doing.

PS. Do not do this instance when it's midnight in pwi b:shocked unless you wanna get blinded doing wind circles *rubs eyes*
    youtube.com/user/Cebloon
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited February 2014
    It's fine at max distance, that is if the PC can handle it of course. At low graphics/settings, do avoid doing it at night.
  • Satyrion - Sanctuary
    edited February 2014
    Oh and I don't remember if it mentioned but...

When digging the thingy to catch/kill the flying dragons, it will damage your pet as well if in range. So make sure it's healed before people dig or your dear pet may die u.u
    youtube.com/user/Cebloon
  • Marengo - Lost City
    edited February 2014
    I'm usually gathering dragons and let the "squishier" people fly through the hoops so I haven't tried or checked anything with them. I'm kinda glad the instance made so that even "squishy" players can contribute in some way if they can't handle the big stuff.
    As a squishy person I prefer flying through rings ^__^ I agree, it's good to have more than 1 option in an instance, it's less boring and tiresome b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/elmarise
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited February 2014

I'm not sure if I understood correctly. You don't want your pet to get buffed? If it's just that then turn off auto buff.
  • Mauntille - Heavens Tear
    Mauntille - Heavens Tear Posts: 694 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I'm not sure if I understood correctly. You don't want your pet to get buffed? If it's just that then turn off auto buff.

Yes and no, from what I'd read it looked like there is a speed buff applied to those flying through the rings. Instead of the buff being applied to the veno, it was being applied to the pet instead.

So yes, trying to avoid a pet getting buffed (in lieu of the veno),
    and no, not trying to avoid pet self buffs.

Regardless, it sounds like it's not worth the effort anyway.
  • Marengo - Lost City
    edited February 2014
    Mauntille, if you go straight ahead pet will follow behind and won't get buffed. You don't need to worry. Maybe ring will buff it by accident if you circle around it and pet passes it instead of you, but next ring is several meters away, nothing to miss.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/elmarise
  • Bezdna - Dreamweaver
    Bezdna - Dreamweaver Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    The instance is used to farm Primordial Blood (up to 5 a day) as well as Dragon Blood Stones (previously Hidden Dragon Den materials before the instance was disabled)
    Is there a new NPC that lets us do anything with these stones now?
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited February 2014
    Is there a new NPC that lets us do anything with these stones now?

The forge is in Cromagnon Village, it's an NPC but I forgot his name, Commander Zhao or something.
  • X_volcano_y - Harshlands
    X_volcano_y - Harshlands Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I just got my r8r wep from these stones yesterday so its 100% working...farmed it in 4days with thee help of my guild
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited February 2014
    I added another video link with some "tricks" that I discovered or friends showed me. The video is still uploading but it should be up in about 15 minutes.

Also congrats on your R8r weapon volcano! I'll be getting mine soon too.