Rough Fur & Silk Thread

Saria - Heavens Tear
Saria - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
edited February 2014 in The Crafting Nook
I've seen some other threads about rough fur with some creatues listed.
But does anyone know a place with a better drop rate than the Snakevalley Bloodwolves around Orchid Temple?
They seem to very rarely drop it like most creatures.And also what is decent mob for silk thread?
I'm not having much luck lately with either lately.
Post edited by Saria - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• ehrde
    ehrde Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    i usually farm around the mines from all the wolves there, not sure about their drop rate, but i find it fast to farm coz of the never ending spawn of wolves. + some of the players doing quests there sometimes dont pick their drops up. being a veno makes everything a lot easier.

about silk threads, i think u can get a lot from any of the skellies around orchid temple. ossein merchants, skeleranc artisans, etc.
  • Clenye - Dreamweaver
    Clenye - Dreamweaver Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Resentful Ghoul and Skelevizen Lieutenant have the highest drop rate of silk thread (8.7208%) and are both level 37. They can both be found in Secret Passage and Skelevizen Lieutenant can be found in Hall of Deception as well. Neither appear in the main world for casual farming.

Skelevizen Sailor is level 36 with the second highest drop rate of silk thread (8.4891%). Skelevizen Sailors can be found in between Orchid Temple and Widows Coast to the south.

Sapphire Planeshark Don has the highest drop rate of rough fur (8.7208) and is level 37. It can be found west of the Widow's Coast (NEE edge of the world map).

If you are after both rough fur and silk thread at the same time, I would recommend farming Sapphire Planeshark Dons and Skelevizen Sailors as they are close geographically to one another.

If you're a lower level player (like I am, currently level 31) then you might be more comfortable with these lower-level mobs:

Ossein Merchant and Skeleranc Artisan have a silk thread drop rate of 6.4488% and are level 27. Ossein Merchants can be found between Hero's Tomb and Orchid Temple, offset slightly to the north. Skeleranc Artisans can be found directly between Hero's Tomb and Orchid Temple.

Midnight Jackaleopardite, Moon Jackaleopardite, and Shanlang Cutlass have a rough fur drop rate of 6.2127% and are level 26. The Midnight Jackaleopardites can be found between Bengal Ridge and Hero's Tomb to the west of the ridge of mountains through that area. The Moon Jackaleopardites can be found southwest of Bengal Ridge. The Shanlang Cutlasses can be found northwest of Bengal Ridge along the Originia River.

If you are after both rough fur and silk thread at the same time, I would recommend for lower level players to farm Skeleranc Artisans and Midnight Jackaleopardites due to their geographic proximity.
  • SweetieBot - Lothranis
    SweetieBot - Lothranis Posts: 18,978 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Resentful Ghoul and Skelevizen Lieutenant have the highest drop rate of silk thread (8.7208%) and are both level 37. They can both be found in Secret Passage and Skelevizen Lieutenant can be found in Hall of Deception as well. Neither appear in the main world for casual farming.

Skelevizen Sailor is level 36 with the second highest drop rate of silk thread (8.4891%). Skelevizen Sailors can be found in between Orchid Temple and Widows Coast to the south.

Sapphire Planeshark Don has the highest drop rate of rough fur (8.7208) and is level 37. It can be found west of the Widow's Coast (NEE edge of the world map).

If you are after both rough fur and silk thread at the same time, I would recommend farming Sapphire Planeshark Dons and Skelevizen Sailors as they are close geographically to one another.

If you're a

lower level player

(like I am, currently level 31) then you might be more comfortable with these lower-level mobs:

Ossein Merchant and Skeleranc Artisan have a silk thread drop rate of 6.4488% and are level 27. Ossein Merchants can be found between Hero's Tomb and Orchid Temple, offset slightly to the north. Skeleranc Artisans can be found directly between Hero's Tomb and Orchid Temple.

Midnight Jackaleopardite, Moon Jackaleopardite, and Shanlang Cutlass have a rough fur drop rate of 6.2127% and are level 26. The Midnight Jackaleopardites can be found between Bengal Ridge and Hero's Tomb to the west of the ridge of mountains through that area. The Moon Jackaleopardites can be found southwest of Bengal Ridge. The Shanlang Cutlasses can be found northwest of Bengal Ridge along the Originia River.

If you are after both rough fur and silk thread at the same time, I would recommend for

lower level players

to farm Skeleranc Artisans and Midnight Jackaleopardites due to their geographic proximity.

This looks like a NECRO!

Clenye - Dreamweaver replied to a message that was 5 years 4 months 20 days 9 hours 33 minutes old.

Any thread over one month (30 days) old is considered to be a dead thread and you're not supposed to post in them. The person you are replying to probably doesn't care any more or can no longer be found on the forums. The topic itself could be out of date. Next time just make a new thread.

Let's see how long it takes for a mod to close this :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I only respond if you begin a line with "SweetieBot", read the link below for commands
    SweetieBot FAQ / Usage: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1566451

• Seeker_King - Harshlands
    Seeker_King - Harshlands Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    We don't care that its an old post, we still have the right to write in it!
  • Naughtymaz - Dreamweaver
    Naughtymaz - Dreamweaver Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited February 2014

anything older than a month you cant comment on, mods and staff hate it, thats why good threads die so easily, which is BS!
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    If you're that concerned, make a new thread. The person you are replying to either (1) no longer needs the help or (2) is no longer playing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited February 2014

anything older than a month you cant comment on, mods and staff hate it, thats why good threads die so easily, which is BS!

Threads die when people aren't interested in posting in them anymore.

A lot of old threads have outdated information so there's no point in responding to them, one can just make a new thread about an issue that concerns them. There are exception during which the Mods have left threads open despite being necro'd, if the players have sparked a new interest in said thread.

Additionally, threads that are so old are often pointless to respond at. For instance, this is a 5 year old thread and the person asking is probably not even playing anymore or no longer needs help (they probably got their answer in 5 years).

Lastly, Mods don't "hate" threads, they are just following the rules and enforcing them. If you have issues with Mods, send them a personal message and discuss about it.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Clenye - Dreamweaver
    Clenye - Dreamweaver Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    This looks like a NECRO!

Clenye - Dreamweaver replied to a message that was 5 years 4 months 20 days 9 hours 33 minutes old.

Any thread over one month (30 days) old is considered to be a dead thread and you're not supposed to post in them. The person you are replying to probably doesn't care any more or can no longer be found on the forums. The topic itself could be out of date. Next time just make a new thread.

Let's see how long it takes for a mod to close this :)

I posted in this thread because this is the thread that came up when I googled 'rough fur silk thread pwi' so that others who google the same will have the resource. I apologize if doing so broke forum rules.