List of GM's

Options
Kantero - Harshlands
Kantero - Harshlands Posts: 15 Arc User
edited February 2014 in Chronicles
Do we have a list of GM's for each server anywhere?
Post edited by Kantero - Harshlands on

Comments

• Crixxix - Raging Tide
    Crixxix - Raging Tide Posts: 848 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Not that I'm aware of, SparkieSoft is our new Community Manager though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Breannak - Raging Tide
    Breannak - Raging Tide Posts: 642 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Did he say General Motors :P
  • Kantero - Harshlands
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Well i'm currently dealing with someone whispering me claiming to be a GM and while not asking for my account info i'm skeptical. Is PWISurtr a GM or someone needing a ban hammer for posing as on?
  • Crixxix - Raging Tide
    edited February 2014
    Options
    If a GM pm's you, it will should up simply as "GM". I've had first hand experience in this, as I've had a legit GM pm me before. This person is a fake, more than likely.

Surtr is a GM, however, so if I were you, I would send in a ticket and personally send him a PM here on forums.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Breannak - Raging Tide
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Well i'm currently dealing with someone whispering me claiming to be a GM and while not asking for my account info i'm skeptical. Is PWISurtr a GM or someone needing a ban hammer for posing as on?

Don't give you account info anyone simple, screen shot and report them, use blacklist while your at it.

PWI Staff will never ask you for account info silly.
  • Crixxix - Raging Tide
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Don't give you account info anyone simple, screen shot and report them, use blacklist while your at it.

PWI Staff will never ask you for account info silly.

He clearly said that this person isn't asking for account info. Either way, screen shot and report.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kantero - Harshlands
    edited February 2014
    Options
    They were saying that there are 5 accounts accessing at the same time from this IP though. Counting the fact that I have 2 roommates who both play sounds reasonable. But we have been playing like this for years. That should still fall under the 2 per person at a given time rule.
  • Breannak - Raging Tide
    edited February 2014
    Options
    He clearly said that this person isn't asking for account info. Either way, screen shot and report.

Oppsie must have read that wrong thanks for pointing that out :)
  • Fae_Harpy - Archosaur
    Fae_Harpy - Archosaur Posts: 267 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    They were saying that there are 5 accounts accessing at the same time from this IP though. Counting the fact that I have 2 roommates who both play sounds reasonable. But we have been playing like this for years. That should still fall under the 2 per person at a given time rule.

If they are having issue with your account or with conflicting IPs they will discuss it through email, never on the game.

Only time GMs come onto the game is when the game itself is crapping out or for an event.
    AstriaFae
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I looked to the stars, my aim true.
    Heart peirced, the light flowed.
    And from the dust of Sagittarrius,
    I crafted a bow.
  • Crixxix - Raging Tide
    edited February 2014
    Options

The only issue is that PWE really has no way to tell how many people are actually legitimately playing on the other side of that IP. However, if you guys are people who put money into the game on occasion, you should have legit billing info to prove this.

If not, and if you all have some kind of credit/debit card, I would make a small Zen purchase and create billing profiles. In the event that GMs do legitimately question you, you could just refer them to the billing profiles. The reason that I say use credit/debit is that it helps show more legitimacy than simply using a Ultimate Game Card or something of the like. Paypal should also be a sufficient option for this as well.
    Oppsie must have read that wrong thanks for pointing that out :)

No problem ^^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kantero - Harshlands
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Ok good to know thanks all. Luckily everyone in the house has purchased zen at some point via debit card. ( Though some of us far less than others.) There really needs to be a list of GM's and all characters they may use for that purpose for quick reference to prevent imposters.
  • Crixxix - Raging Tide
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Ok good to know thanks all. Luckily everyone in the house has purchased zen at some point via debit card. ( Though some of us far less than others.) There really needs to be a list of GM's and all characters they may use for that purpose for quick reference to prevent imposters.

It's good to hear that you've made purchases via this method. I personally always make a purchase in any online game that I play, as it shows a verifiable identity, and it's an added layer of security.

Always keep in mind that if a GM contacts you via PM in-game, that it'll show up as being sent from "GM". Whatever name their character has, it will always display as GM in PMs, and I would assume that it would also display as such in any chat channel.

If it doesn't display as GM, I would simply ignore the communication, screen shot, and report.

*Edit: I think this thread can be closed, as OP's question was answered.*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kantero - Harshlands
    edited February 2014
    Options
    If they contact me again I will be sure to do so haha. Hooray for being paranoid ^_^
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited February 2014
    Options
    That's a GM impersonation and should be reported.

When a GM sends you a message ingame, it will show in chat as simply GM. Even when you get their name from them and send a response back. Anything else is a regular person pulling your leg.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Kantero - Harshlands
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Rapid response from our mods. This is why I love them hehe. Thanks and send this to the depths I guess.