test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Damage over time skills and pets

mol1mol1 Posts: 44 Arc User
edited February 2014 in Venomancer
So, you guys know your pets become more and more useless with more and more people figured that, they can kill your pets with single attack: for example one cleric-mark of weakness or mystic-absorbsoul and many others skills that are based on damage over time(DOT) blow up your pet with soo much damage(which is no showed on your screens), even if you are maxed veno with max stats your pet will be dead in 1 shot.

I am calling that a BUG and its a major one.
Basically we paid 225gold for end game PVP pets thats if player know that BUG and exploited it kills your pet with single attack.

I know PWE can't do anything about this but the question is if they even know about that?
Anyone sending tickets in the past?
Post edited by mol1 on

Comments

  • Mayfly - DreamweaverMayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    It's probably the flip side of pet bleed (from Flesh Ream) doing so much damage (at least, to undergeared arcanes... it's a tickle to present day well geared players.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • Marengo - Lost CityMarengo - Lost City Posts: 771 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Learn mdef skill for your pet, DoT won't be that hard to deal with. I hardly damage full vit both pdef and mdef venos' monkeys (with their damage reduction form players skill) with DoT or normal hit. Good pvp pet is better to have both types of def buffs, but magic def seems to be more reasonable because of that.


    I kinda like the fact there are almost no pvp mystics on our server b:avoid
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/elmarise
    pw art ◊ tinyurl.com/q6ca7ar ◊
  • Desdi - SanctuaryDesdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    A long time ago, when the new pets were released, I suggested magic defence buff for the PvP pet because casters can hit from range, DoTs hurt the pet and your pet benefits from magic defence much more if you're AA build. If you have a monkey you're probably R9rr anyway so...AA build, high magic defence.

    If you decide to have both then it's good too if you're okay with removing one of the Monkey's skills, preferably Rule The World because Pounce comes in very handy especially when you can have the monkey stun from range then run up to the player and stun again which you can follow with your Lucky Scarab or Parasitic Nova for very effective stunlocks.

    DoTs still hurt but they are not as bad when the monkey learns defence buffs but it's true that hurts your pocket more and more. You can't do much about skills like MoW and Absorb Soul though.

    However, I still find the pet useful in PK because they often have to stun/stop you to kill the monkey sometimes resulting in them getting stunned from the monkey or they get distracted by the monkey giving you room to react. It also depends on what classes you're fighting...if you're up against a Barbarian, for instance, they can't really kill it fast enough so they either have to endure the stuns or focus on monkey and letting you torture them. On the other hand, Clerics can just sleep you and MoW your pet quickly. In TWs, there are lots of AOEs and whatnot so pets die fast/often regardless.

    Is it worth 225 gold? I don't think so but it's still not useless. If we complain, the other classes will just say we need to suck it up because "we got lots of updates anyway" so meh... just gotta deal with it I suppose.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Marengo - Lost CityMarengo - Lost City Posts: 771 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    mol1 wrote: »
    If you decide to have both then it's good too if you're okay with removing one of the Monkey's skills, preferably Rule The World because Pounce comes in very handy especially when you can have the monkey stun from range then run up to the player and stun again which you can follow with your Lucky Scarab or Parasitic Nova for very effective stunlocks.[/COLOR]
    I wouldn't risk removing unique monkey's skill. Pounce you can get back at least if you find it more useful than extra defence.
    Deal physical damage equal to 300% of base attack and increase attack power by 30% for 10 minutes
    b:scorn

    It's not like it is VERY important, but since we remove flesh ream, some extra attack buff won't hurt (well, will hurt, but not us b:laugh). Besides freeze is good to stop ppl from running away from purge. Also 15 sec cd...
    b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/elmarise
    pw art ◊ tinyurl.com/q6ca7ar ◊
  • Desdi - SanctuaryDesdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I removed neither because I want both Rule The World and Pounce so I decided to stick with just magic defence buff.

    Removing Pounce to try it out without it is an option too for those willing to throw the money for it.
    Another nice thing about Pounce though is that if it procs (and has a high chance to) the pet's attack rate increases which makes it an effective combination with Crush Vigor on enemies (preferably non Purify-weapon players) to ruin their chi, along with Chi Burn and Mo Zun's Taunt for those who are Demon.

    It's up to each individual.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • helovesuhelovesu Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Have you tried to DoT the Mystics Summons? Are they also vulnerable to DoT damage? I never tried it
  • Dragslave - DreamweaverDragslave - Dreamweaver Posts: 253 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    mol1 wrote: »
    So, you guys know your pets become more and more useless with more and more people figured that, they can kill your pets with single attack: for example one cleric-mark of weakness or mystic-absorbsoul and many others skills that are based on damage over time(DOT) blow up your pet with soo much damage(which is no showed on your screens), even if you are maxed veno with max stats your pet will be dead in 1 shot.

    I am calling that a BUG and its a major one.
    Basically we paid 225gold for end game PVP pets thats if player know that BUG and exploited it kills your pet with single attack.

    I know PWE can't do anything about this but the question is if they even know about that?
    Anyone sending tickets in the past?

    So you want your expensive pet to live longer, and the people with way more expensive gear not being able to kill a pet?
  • Eoria - HarshlandsEoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    helovesu wrote: »
    Have you tried to DoT the Mystics Summons? Are they also vulnerable to DoT damage? I never tried it

    Dunno why you'd bother when mystic pets are one-shot to anything regardless.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

    "subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

    105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Socqar - Lost CitySocqar - Lost City Posts: 511 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Dunno why you'd bother when mystic pets are one-shot to anything regardless.

    I was actually curious about this, ty. Not like... any Mystic pvp in our server so couldn't check against endgames... but guess they just won't use pets for good in pvp
  • helovesuhelovesu Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Dunno why you'd bother when mystic pets are one-shot to anything regardless.

    It's not that. I am just curious about it.
    This also can be a strategy in case that mystic summons bother you in NW/TW, then we just give them a myriad (hopefully the DoT will proc).
Sign In or Register to comment.