new dreamchaser code arc only

Peccable - Raging Tide
Peccable - Raging Tide Posts: 199 Arc User
edited January 2014 in General Discussion
what are your thoughts about the latest attempt of pwe to force arc down our throats by giving out dreamchaser-pack codes that work via arc only?

i thought this.
Post edited by Peccable - Raging Tide on

Comments

• Jenaniah - Heavens Tear
    Jenaniah - Heavens Tear Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I think there's enough Drama already and this should be closed.
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    It is going to happen, eventually.
    They seem to want to move all redeem codes to Arc client instead but it doesn't feel much different from the site's redeem method so I don't know if Arc is really bug-free. I'm talking about the last Orb glitch thing that happened.

I downloaded on a laptop I don't use much. The download was quick, didn't face any problems and I wasn't asked to download any games in order to use it. I don't mind having to use Arc this way for codes but if one day I need Arc to actually launch the game or patch it, that's gonna suck. I just really don't like having to log on Arc in order to use it and having the program auto-log me in game if I start it. It also seems finding your screenshots through Arc is a pain though I have no personal experience.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Verenor - Morai
    Verenor - Morai Posts: 699 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I don't get all the hate about Arc: I have it downloaded, used it to get the game up in the first week, after that it's all elementclient's. Only for patchnotes I open Arc to auto-patch things, and how is that a bad thing?
    New Arc runs smoothly imo and you're not forced to do anything else than just open it and log in. If you want to only play pwi, use elementclient instead of arc, simple enough.

New codes are different from the old ones (can't redeem old ones in Arc, can't redeem new one on wedpage), so let's hope the orb abused-code won't happen in the future again.
  • Socqar - Lost City
    Socqar - Lost City Posts: 511 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    It is going to happen, eventually.
    They seem to want to move all redeem codes to Arc client instead but it doesn't feel much different from the site's redeem method so I don't know if Arc is really bug-free. I'm talking about the last Orb glitch thing that happened.

I downloaded on a laptop I don't use much. The download was quick, didn't face any problems and I wasn't asked to download any games in order to use it. I don't mind having to use Arc this way for codes but if one day I need Arc to actually launch the game or patch it, that's gonna suck. I just really don't like having to log on Arc in order to use it and having the program auto-log me in game if I start it. It also seems finding your screenshots through Arc is a pain though I have no personal experience.

My biggest concern is about multi-clients... I kinda need to check arc just the way you did, some crappy laptop and give it a go... Worth trying if we're gona have it eventually. It's some sort os Steam-like platform... and it was nice for Steam... oh well, dreaming is free, ain't it?
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Really? A DREAMCHASER CODE? Lol. If that's truly what you believe it takes people to install arc, pity you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Really? A DREAMCHASER CODE? Lol. If that's truly what you believe it takes people to install arc, pity you.

For most people even a chewing gum will be enough to make them do/accept smth different/new.
  • porphy
    porphy Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    So another dreamchaser code abuse isnt going to happen? Wow.
    Been more than a year since I quit playing, but still on rankings.

PWI: Buff_me - 103 Demon Assassin Banned
    PWS: Sin - 105 Sage Assassin Active

My channel: youtube.com/user/SinPWS
  • MissCherie - Harshlands
    MissCherie - Harshlands Posts: 468 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    For 3 ocean orbs maybe I would try.

For a dreamchaser pack? LOL are you kidding me?
  • KingCrash - Dreamweaver
    KingCrash - Dreamweaver Posts: 702 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Still not downloading it.
  • hypereccentrik
    hypereccentrik Posts: 529 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I always have arc running when I'm playing, never causes me problems. My only concern for when its required to open the game is that if we will be able to still open two clients?
  • sparkiesoft
    sparkiesoft Posts: 47
    edited January 2014
    I always have arc running when I'm playing, never causes me problems. My only concern for when its required to open the game is that if we will be able to still open two clients?

At the moment it is not possible, but I have taken note of the issue and will bringing it up when I get the chance.
  • Socqar - Lost City
    Socqar - Lost City Posts: 511 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    At the moment it is not possible, but I have taken note of the issue and will bringing it up when I get the chance.

That's quite of a big issue for many, at least for me :( Hopefully they'll sort this soon enough so we rush to try it out!)
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited January 2014

If ARC is modified in such way that it allows multiclienting I won't mind downloading it and it may make the playerbase happier, more willing to try it.

A lot of players have multiple accounts or like playing on one account while keeping a shop up on the second.
  • Crixxix - Raging Tide
    Crixxix - Raging Tide Posts: 848 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I believe you can still use Arc to launch your first client, then use the normal multiclienting method. Still, having it stream lined into Arc would be nice.

As I normally don't multiclient, however, I really have no issue with Arc. I like it, and use it on a daily basis. Only thing is that I'm still learning how to do everything in it, I just mostly open it and click on PWI lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sparkiesoft
    edited January 2014
    If ARC is modified in such way that it allows multiclienting I won't mind downloading it and it may make the playerbase happier, more willing to try it.

A lot of players have multiple accounts or like playing on one account while keeping a shop up on the second.

Oh definitely, I understand. I know we're still working out some kinks here and there, but it's an issue we've been aware of. I'll fill you all in when I hear any news.
  • Naughtymaz - Dreamweaver
    Naughtymaz - Dreamweaver Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    you can multi client with arc, i messed around with arc a few weeks ago, but for all sane reasons, untill it is forced upon us do not use it, just and extra thing cluttering the harddrive
  • Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I try to exit everything I can when multilogging, now with this garbage running in the background I`ll lag even more x.x
  • Neferhotep - Lost City
    Neferhotep - Lost City Posts: 276 Arc User
    edited January 2014

I have arc and i had problems with it as well, for example when multiclienting and even more with character customization ( sometimes arc doesnt allow ini editing and you have to try out some things to fix it, what takes a long time).

Then i asked myself : I have one arc folder and one PWI folder that comes along with the arc download. You can open PWI separately.

So wtf why am i opening Arc at all? I started to open PW via element client of the PWI folder, not touching Arc when i start gaming at all (unless i have to download something ).
    Doing it this way you wont have any problems with arc at all, you can use the features of arc if wanted (opening it via elementclient updates the game as well plus, if you wanna open it via Arc again the game is updated already) . I have no multiclienting problems or ini problems this way and could download the game from the original PWE site. I am not forced to open Arc (if you dont have it on Auto-start) to play at all.

So, the only negative point i saw in Arc so far is the fact that it scans your computer just as many other games (especially newer ones) do for information. Since i dont have anything illegal, much personal information or 3rd party programs on it, i dont care this much.
    I like potatoes <(O~O)>
  • Naughtymaz - Dreamweaver
    Naughtymaz - Dreamweaver Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I have arc and i had problems with it as well, for example when multiclienting and even more with character customization ( sometimes arc doesnt allow ini editing and you have to try out some things to fix it, what takes a long time).

Then i asked myself : I have one arc folder and one PWI folder that comes along with the arc download. You can open PWI separately.

So wtf why am i opening Arc at all? I started to open PW via element client of the PWI folder, not touching Arc when i start gaming at all (unless i have to download something ).
    Doing it this way you wont have any problems with arc at all, you can use the features of arc if wanted (opening it via elementclient updates the game as well plus, if you wanna open it via Arc again the game is updated already) . I have no multiclienting problems or ini problems this way and could download the game from the original PWE site. I am not forced to open Arc (if you dont have it on Auto-start) to play at all.

So, the only negative point i saw in Arc so far is the fact that it scans your computer just as many other games (especially newer ones) do for information. Since i dont have anything illegal, much personal information or 3rd party programs on it, i dont care this much.

not to be off topic but if pwi can scan your computer then why can't they detect 3rd party programs used to abuse pwi?
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited January 2014

I see :o thanks for the heads up.
    I'll think about downloading it on main laptop later but for now I guess I'll keep it on the side one, don't really need it for anything.
  • Dspeck - Raging Tide
    Dspeck - Raging Tide Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    So where is the code?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Eutrepete for awesome siggy <3
  • alexanade
    alexanade Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited January 2014
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    Salari - Raging Tide Posts: 2,102 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I don't get all the hate about Arc: I have it downloaded, used it to get the game up in the first week, after that it's all elementclient's. Only for patchnotes I open Arc to auto-patch things, and how is that a bad thing?
    New Arc runs smoothly imo and you're not forced to do anything else than just open it and log in. If you want to only play pwi, use elementclient instead of arc, simple enough.

New codes are different from the old ones (can't redeem old ones in Arc, can't redeem new one on wedpage), so let's hope the orb abused-code won't happen in the future again.

If you bothered reading the notes on Arc, it will be the sole method to play the games. There will be no more launching the game from the clients themselves. They will be rewritten by the developers of those games.

There are alot of reasons people don't wont to, or will not ever use arc. Mostly is its not needed and others like me, it will not run. So the day its mandatory is the day I will not be playing anymore.

I had similar issues on a different computer with other games. If it wont play it wont play. That is what happens when developing bloatware.
    Marine - Marshall - Raging Tides - Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    Yes, because people really need 900+ dex or 1000+ magic just for the lulz
  • Peachie - Harshlands_1392270572
    Peachie - Harshlands_1392270572 Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Of course Arc isnt going to happen, it doesnt even work right. I cant redeem the dreamchaser pack - only Heaven's Tear and Morai show up as the server choices and I play on Harshlands.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    id install multiple for those dreamchaser exp necks <_>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • NodHaven - Heavens Tear
    NodHaven - Heavens Tear Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    every time i try logging in to arc i get a "login time out" message...anyone able to tell me why?
  • sparkiesoft
    edited January 2014
    every time i try logging in to arc i get a "login time out" message...anyone able to tell me why?

Are you running any anti-virus programs in the background? If you are, try disabling them for now and run it again. If that doesn't help, let me know and I'll see what else I can do.
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited January 2014
    My guess would be a firewall issue.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • evil013
    evil013 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    So if I get this right - To get arc to work, its best to turn your internet security/firewall off, and arc also scans your PC for info/3rd party. Can't multi client and ini edit. Pain in the butt to get screenshots. And u don't actually need it to play PWI yet. WOW what am I waiting for! If that's not PWE in a nutshell, then I'm not trolling b:victory
  • StrokeMyTail - Momaganon
    StrokeMyTail - Momaganon Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Installed ARC - Got dreamchaser code ( MUST have for rebirth toons )

Check in game that i recieved it - Yes I got it WHOOP WHOOP

Uninstalled ARC

Using elementclient

Easy......

b:victory