Suggestions to improve training system (Veno's pets)

Azura - Lost City
Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
edited January 2014 in Suggestion Box

The training system for our pets consists on using feral soul stars which we get from Lycaeum to "customize" our pets.

Every time we train our pets for stats, their physical attack, defense, attack level, and defense level are randomized. So it takes a lot of time to get something good. Actually, I still haven't got any roll where all stats are above 50%. I have no idea for how long I'll need to keep rolling to get something decent, with any pet.

For the moods is the same. We press a button to train, and get a random mood, which could be just like the one our pet currently has. To add even more randomness, each mood has 3 variants. It can be with no star, with a empty star, or a full star. The full star mood is the best because it gives almost max levels for the mood's skills. Getting the desired mood in one pet is hard, and getting the desired mood with a full star is even harder. To be honest, I can see more easily myself getting a full +12 gear set with JoSD and all the accessories from NW, but still with a mood I don't want.

What I want to suggest is this:
1. Give us the option to change just one stat, at the cost of expending more feral soul stars (fss). Maybe 100 per try.

2. Let us improve the moods we get. For example if I get the mood "indifferent" on my Avatar of War with no star, we should have the option to pay a high amount of fss to max those moods skills to the maximum. Maybe this could cost 1000 fss per level.

3. Increase the amount of fss we get from lycauem. At the moment, 20 fss is such a miserable amount. That's only enough for one roll of mood or stats. Also, the venos who get high scores in lycaeum should get a better reward. I propose rewards to be like this:

0 points or less= 0 fss
1-100 = 10 fss
101-200 = 20 fss
201-300 = 30 fss
301-400 = 40 fss
401-500 = 50 fss
501-600 = 60 fss
601-700 = 70 fss
701-800 = 80 fss
801-900 = 90 fss
901-999 = 100 fss
1000 = 100 fss + a 20% change to get an item that can be used to be traded for any rare pet skill or bewitch squirrel.

An alternative to the improved rewards in lycaeum would be if there was at least a rewarding instance where we could farm feral soul stars all day if we want. Or an npc where we could trade stuff from other instances such as nirvana, TT, nation wars, warsong, etc for feral soul stars.

Please make this "training system" look more like a training system and not a lottery system.
Post edited by Azura - Lost City on

Comments

• Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Agreed. It was fancy at first but now it is getting tiring being unable to get the roll I need.
    I don't mind it being a little random and luck-based but it is kinda ridiculous. I've had my Harpy since June and I have yet to get the mood I wanted needless to say most of my pets don't even have the Inherits I want and I hate having to settle for the average.

I'd much rather have to farm/save a **** ton of FSS but be able to get desirable stats instead of being completely random.

If this is not possible then increase the FFS gained so that we get a lot more chances at rerolling the pets.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Agreed. Then at least doing that instance and bothering with PK mode would be worth it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited November 2013
    Another one on the agreement train. It's called "training" not "pack opening" so I was hoping we could... ya know... actually train. I mean the rerolling thing is nice and good if you have a horrible start, but getting an averageish spread and having to stick to that because the odds of keeping it or getting something better when we "train" again are so low is a bit ridiculous.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Geckofreak - Sanctuary
    Geckofreak - Sanctuary Posts: 2,280 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I have no idea about new veno stuff, I stopped playing veno years ago, but its sounding alot like pokemon now.

25 Natures that edit stats, and 6 stats which can have hidden IVs between 0-31, and needing the exact nature and 4-6 ivs maxed out to be usable in competitively play..... and completely random, such a pain!

Venos need to wait for gen VI to come out for better breeding mechanics b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,795 Community Moderator
    edited January 2014
    Sorry this is one area I have no Clue in.

So the more info I get on this the better. Ill link this to My Main Suggestions. Im gonna hold off logging for now tho until I understand this better.
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    To keep it short... we get too few Feral Soul Stars and we need too many in order to evolve pets, reroll mood and reshape stats. It becomes an issue especially for those that use a lot of different pets.

A solution would be to A. increase the Feral Soul Stars rewarded for doing the instance, B. decrease the amount needed to evolve/reroll/reshape or C. allow us to level up skills and improve stats without having to reroll (with a chance of getting worse things) using a high amount of Feral Soul Stars.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Tindie - Harshlands
    Tindie - Harshlands Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    i would like to see the level cap of 100 to evolve pets to be lower say 90ish or even 85ish.

reason being there are alot of skills that those levels could benifit from more so then endgame levels not that endgame dosnt benifit but its growing harder to find steady teams to play with unless you are already 100+ and g16 or r9..

which is very limiting to the rest of the player base. and usaly the only way to get into those groups is a popularity contest. im not sure the game mechanics can work this way or not.. with how the pet system works with pet/levling annd the actual str of the pet..
    but having limited the evovling system to just 100+ veno's is a very limited perk and with rb players refusing to work with non rb toons (yes i know this PWI has no control over) it would give Veno's a small perk to help out in squad's threw 85 or 90+.

reducing the level cap on the Veno quest for Fss would help as well.
  • MageMERC - Harshlands
    MageMERC - Harshlands Posts: 1,600 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I agree with everything posted here. 18 FSS isn't enough for what they are then needed for and the randomness of the new options sucks.

Wanmei should realize that veno pets at 100+ aren't super important compared to gear/weapons etc - I mean if a well set up Nix gave an benefit equivalent to G16+12 then yeah, you'd expect it to be difficult to perfect. Pets however are less important and so should be easier to perfect.

On my first try I rolled a grate pvp herc - it has those char protection skills - but that's no good to me since I get one shotted anyway.

I would assume Wanmei has mechanisms in place to measure player bases and since Im seeing veno's all over the place lately they should realize that they've lured the class back - now they need to update and amend the fss system for ease of use.