PWI not supporting 'normal' players

Comments

• Brillance - Raging Tide
    Brillance - Raging Tide Posts: 1,643 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Plus there were other people to party with. Comparing low game now to way back then really is apples and oranges. They made things easier to solo (using that gear I soloed my own 19 and 29 on a couple of lowbie toons) but also it pushes people more towards rushing toward 100 which means group play is all but gone. I actually find low game harder now because if you don't want to FF, and actually want to play rather than watch some high level do everything for you. You're kind of screwed when it comes to getting stuff done. You'll be able to do some things alone but mostly you'll just be grinding.

*gives standing ovation* Bravo! Yes, that is what I forsee in my future. It wouldnt be so bad if along the way one could find the "Yipee!" or "Omfg!" factor along the way. Some world bosses I watch a lvl 100 kill for me mostly, Ill heal ya know - real casual, lol.

The others that would be somewhat of a challenge to solo seem to have become retardedly easy for me. In fact, one I wasnt even looking and poof he was dead. xD

I made a change, and I have a nice faction now. It helps alot. Its still not enough, or thriving at its full potential - but thats not the players fault either. We are all out there trying. ^.^
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Plus there were other people to party with. Comparing low game now to way back then really is apples and oranges. They made things easier to solo (using that gear I soloed my own 19 and 29 on a couple of lowbie toons) but also it pushes people more towards rushing toward 100 which means group play is all but gone. I actually find low game harder now because if you don't want to FF, and actually want to play rather than watch some high level do everything for you. You're kind of screwed when it comes to getting stuff done. You'll be able to do some things alone but mostly you'll just be grinding.
    Nope! Totally the same cause their both fruits!................

Hm...

Well i guess the only option is to beat, kick, and slander down b:shocked anybody you see that tells new players to go lv quickly with FCC or something :]
    *applauds myself*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
    edited January 2014

Hm...

Well i guess the only option is to beat, kick, and slander down b:shocked anybody you see that tells new players to go lv quickly with FCC or something :]
    *applauds myself*

Right cause ya know...the game needs more people to get pissed and leave it, right? b:chuckle

How many people do you think are crowding up Snowy Village? Ive seen the place desolate on RT, and thats been for a while now. Maybe the last expasion revived it, idk...

I didnt level Brill in FC til I hit 85, as I reacall grinding other instances was easier and faster, more educational and fun. And, I wont be leveling the new char there till I hit 85. That is the way *I* like to play, but that also doesnt mean I wanna stop 5 random guys from reliving the old days either. *shrugs*
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited January 2014

Hm...

*applauds myself*

Or to take it to another extreme, lets plant **** scroll of tomes into any FF sellers inventory that sells lower than 85! Or glitched duke rose outfits. Mwu hahahahhahaha.

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    snowy is always a little busy town in sanctuary :o shops n all
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
    edited January 2014
    snowy is always a little busy town in sanctuary :o shops n all

When I was last on RT pages had become pretty useless, and I guess so did Snowy - coincidentally of course. But, maybe that has changed. For a very long time it hasnt/hadnt been that way on RT.
  • ovenusarmanio
    edited January 2014
    Rebirthing has drawn a lot of renewed interest back into FF.

• SarraLost - Sanctuary
    SarraLost - Sanctuary Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Rebirthing has drawn a lot of renewed interest back into FF.

It's introduced racism (rebirthism?). "RB FCC 80-90 lf 3 more" is really common. There's RB only, rb or not, and non RB squads on WC.

I think it's perverted FCC. And it's lame to have an unRB character in an FCC with a RB character, you basically just watch the run happen because most RB have godmode gear. I did FCC with an R9R3+12 full JOSD archer. He basically used 10 arrows per boss, then they were dead. Yeah, it makes the run faster, but really, he could have soloed FCC in the time he did it with us, as well as I did almost nothing whereas I'd rather be PLAYING. I play this game to actually play.

I like tanking. I like DDing. I like healing. I've done all three before at the same time. But when I'm in a squad with a godmode player, it's just a 'sit back and watch fest'. Which imo is really boring >_>

And it's why I hate NW now. It used to be about skill. I could kill an R9 demon archer on my non-R9 sage archer. Now, they are watching me hit them over and over, then when it suits them, they oneshot me for ridiculous amounts of damage. Let me make this clear. THIS. IS. NOT. FUN. I have no means to buy R9R3, not to mention no means to +12 it. I cannot compete. I am useless in NW. Therefore, I refuse to even go in, which is a ****ing shame seeing how when it WAS about skill, it WAS a lot of FUN.
    When the 11 and 12 star orbs were removed due to
    "Client Instability"...
    Was PWE referring to the Game Client?
    Or the players?
  • DionDagger - Dreamweaver
    DionDagger - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,140 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    It's introduced racism (rebirthism?). "RB FCC 80-90 lf 3 more" is really common. There's RB only, rb or not, and non RB squads on WC.

I think it's perverted FCC. And it's lame to have an unRB character in an FCC with a RB character, you basically just watch the run happen because most RB have godmode gear. I did FCC with an R9R3+12 full JOSD archer. He basically used 10 arrows per boss, then they were dead. Yeah, it makes the run faster, but really, he could have soloed FCC in the time he did it with us, as well as I did almost nothing whereas I'd rather be PLAYING. I play this game to actually play.

I like tanking. I like DDing. I like healing. I've done all three before at the same time. But when I'm in a squad with a godmode player, it's just a 'sit back and watch fest'. Which imo is really boring >_>

And it's why I hate NW now. It used to be about skill. I could kill an R9 demon archer on my non-R9 sage archer. Now, they are watching me hit them over and over, then when it suits them, they oneshot me for ridiculous amounts of damage. Let me make this clear. THIS. IS. NOT. FUN. I have no means to buy R9R3, not to mention no means to +12 it. I cannot compete. I am useless in NW. Therefore, I refuse to even go in, which is a ****ing shame seeing how when it WAS about skill, it WAS a lot of FUN.

Took me about 6 months to farm out full r9.3. Stop making excuses about the price and just do it, or g-t-f-o. Just because you are too ignorant, or lazy, to put in the work, doesn't mean others havent. You don't have to BUY r9.3. Baka.
  • Vedovis - Lost City
    Vedovis - Lost City Posts: 942 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Took me about 6 months to farm out full r9.3. Stop making excuses about the price and just do it, or g-t-f-o. Just because you are too ignorant, or lazy, to put in the work, doesn't mean others havent. You don't have to BUY r9.3. Baka.

whenever I see your posts you're always being mean to someone :(

while yes r9r3 is technically farmable it requires dedication that some people may not have time for. And in this instance I'm not including merching when I say 'farming' since thats more of an 'afk and wait over time' way to get coins.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

| Signature made by Fishy!~ | Semiretired |
    edited January 2014
    whenever I see your posts you're always being mean to someone :(

while yes r9r3 is technically farmable it requires dedication that some people may not have time for. And in this instance I'm not including merching when I say 'farming' since thats more of an 'afk and wait over time' way to get coins.

I would say looking back over the past 3 years, most of the people that either got-t-f-o or still try to play on some level - do NOT have the time to dedicate to that. I tried on Brill, and it was as DD says, WORK. I am someone's wife in real life, and I work full time (i.e. I pretty much WORK all the time, lol). I dont play games for my ability to experience a work-ethic building situation. *shrugs*

Even a kid on break for 3 months in the Summertime is probably NOT going to want to spend all his time in a game having no fun, especially since more and more we all seem to suffer from some form or varying degrees of ADD. *is wondering if ADD is a polite and scientific term for selfishness* b:chuckle

A lot of people enjoy Merchanting. Its truely fun for them. In other games Ive seen them spend endless hours day in and day out literally hawking and bargaining. Some real life cultures are geared for that, so they enjoy doing it. Merchanting however is not fun for everyone.

There is no way Im leaving my PC on and unattended for 8 - 10 hours each day to try to keep a catshop online. Same for reflecting for EXP. Although leveling is fun, Im reaching a level where my position would have to be tank in a squad for the content I still need to do, and that just is not right for an AA full magic noob Mystic.
    b:chuckle
  • TemptingFire - Dreamweaver
    TemptingFire - Dreamweaver Posts: 129 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Rebirth is a wonderful thing...for elite OP R9's with +12 gear and nowhere else to go....

However in their 'infinite wisdom" PWI has taken this opportunity to completely ignore the lower level players who used to spend hours farming caves for molds and dq drops, or hunting mini-bosses or whatever. It was not bad enough that PWI 'events' such as "Assault on Archesaur" and "Celestial Tigers" have become high level "rpk arenas", they have decided to cater almost exclusively (with this last expansion) to those elite few high levels that complain there's nowhere to go from here...

What about the rest of us PWI?

Skillbook drops in Eden and Brimstone have all but disappeared, mob-dropped molds are rare, and if you wine the cave (which most 'normals' do...) you get NOTHING!

Some skillbooks don't even exist for low level players (try finding lvl11 Aqua Blast for a psychic...)

That's just for starters...I know tons of your 'normals' have dozens of other examples where PWI is catering to others and ignoring you...

I 'get' that this is a 'player driven' game, and higher levels oft times are the ones pumping cash into the game, but come on PWI! You HAVE to keep the rest of us interested or we will never achieve those levels necessary to cause us to want to spend our money playing a 'free to play' game! If we don't feel we will ever be able to compete with those you have given this unfair advantage to, we may just all stop playing, then who will BUY the stuff the high levels are selling?

..and WHO IN HELL SAYS THIS IS A GAME?!? This is hard work! Please stop making our jobs harder than they already are PWI!

Some of this I agree with some of this I don't. Rebirthing doesn't only benefit people who are r9 +12. I'm G15/TT90 (working on g16 glaive and TT99) and i have gone from hitting for 54k at level 100 to 84k at level 85. So as you can see it benefits you and gives you a boost no matter who you are.

As for skill books I see them drop quite a bit on Dreamweaver server. Maybe its different on other servers but on Dreamweaver they drop like no other.

As for the way they went about the gear in lower level instances, I think its a good thing, but also a bad thing. The making them bound part, pretty much sucks. When i run FB's or BH's for people in my faction i have to always make sure the squad is set to free so anyone who WANTS the gear can have it. Why not just make our lives easier and make it unbound? Like gear that dropped was before. And the fact all the gear that drops like that was changed to 1k in coins is kind of ridiculous all on its own. At least make them worth what the other gear that dropped was worth. The gear is nicer than any gear you could get before, at level 30 the level 1 starter gear is better than any gear you can get and or manufacture that i'm aware of.

This IS a game for entertainment purpose's, nobody told you you had to work hard to achieve a personal goal you set. Some people play it for fun, others see it as a huge competition.
  • blacks
    blacks Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    -snip- to be honest if you have no problem at all with doing nation wars, daily bh, pointless world quests, ff, tt and fb. over and over and over again every single day,then by all means continue playing this game..after you reach lv 100. there is absolutly nothing to do on the game except your dailies. and weekly nation wars..same garbage everyday. and save your comments telling me to quit if i dont like it because i already did. i come back to see whats going on and to do nation wars like once a month.. in this new horizons patch i was expecting the bottom left of the world map to finaly be released but nope..whens the last time we got a map expansion? since **** earthgaurds came out..this game was nice back in 2007 and 2008 when it took me over a year just to get lv 59. now its nothing but pvp this rank9 that..nation wars totaly unbalanced. getting shot 25k by archers or rank9 bms. no one even does TT anymore. and i love tt.. if i could make this game better i would limit FF from lv 85-100 and limit it to 10 entries a day. expand the map 2 or 3 times its current size. raise the level cap to 150. release new dungeons. new gear sets, new world bosss, BALANCE nation wars so everyone has the same defence and attack and finaly change packs so people actualy have a chance of getting nice things and not just the hard core cashers&merchers.
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    blacks wrote: »
    to be honest if you have no problem at all with doing nation wars, daily bh, pointless world quests, ff, tt and fb. over and over and over again every single day,then by all means continue playing this game..

That's how most games are though. Grinding levels or trying to achieve things usually involve doing things over and over.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Selak - Dreamweaver
    Selak - Dreamweaver Posts: 462 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    cut other stuff

This IS a game for entertainment purpose's, nobody told you you had to work hard to achieve a personal goal you set. Some people play it for fun, others see it as a huge competition.

And this is the real problem and why "normal players" are not supported correctly, normal MMORPG players, do not play to reach max level or win, as RPGs are for killing time.
    So, then you spend years to achieve a personal in game achievement and then you watch people either cheat, glitch, bot or just cash shop to those same achievements, get to end levels, get bored and moan to have the play changed, the RPG achievements which you have worked so hard for, are always being devalued just as you reach them.

Sadly modern players are so lacking in knowledge that they somehow think that MMORPG == MMOFPS/TPS.
    This has not been helped by the many MMORPG review sites quite often mixing MMOFPS/TPS reviews in their pages confusing the new player even more by trying to equate playing aims and styles.
    The funny thing is after playing other games involving PvP, PvE and RP/PvE servers I note its the RP/PVE and PvE servers which consistently have higher player numbers, except during one off PvP events.
    Hopefully with the number of disappointed real MMORPG players like me who now refuse to buy anymore Zen it will hit their hip pocket nerve and they will notice the stuff up sometime,
    I hold little hope as most societies which encourage yelling at one and another (Look at a certain cultures love of Horns) and resolution of conflict by fighting seem to have a problem with understanding peaceful play styles where conflicts are not normally resolved by brawling.
    There are old Warriors, and bold Warriors,
    but there are very few old bold Warriors. b:chuckle
  • blacks
    blacks Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    That's how most games are though. Grinding levels or trying to achieve things usually involve doing things over and over.

not really..i played lots of games where theres tons of things to do even after you get the level cap.. and on perfect worlds its pretty much do your bh..and nw at the end of the week..bh,nw bh,nw ,bh nw. for godsake even maplestory is more fun. been playing it for 8 years and still playing it lol. nicer gms. better customer service. events every week.and heres a big difference. it may be a 2d game but the skills and classes are a million times more fun. and theres revamps like every year. i currently play veno on pwi and frankly im tired of shooting colored poison dust balls non stop. and then they decide to do a minimal revamp by change 1 skill i NEVER use and adding 1 or 2 skills i have to unlock some how?

if they would at least stop with the ENDLESS sales after sales on rep badges, dragon orbs, and packs and zen discounts.i would be b**tching less. but every week i get on the webpage to check out whats new. its the same damn thing..sale on packs. sale on rep. sale on dragon orbs. and an attack on archo every 4 weeks..
  • bangis2010
    bangis2010 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    PWI not supporting 'normal' players ??????????

they supporting ******* and not normal players?
  • Evalria - Sanctuary
    Evalria - Sanctuary Posts: 202 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Might as well throw in my two cents perspective, what with being a "normal" player and all.
    I don't cash-shop. I'm not a merchant. I don't have access to all the premium high-end content people keep raving about, but that still doesn't keep me from making a fair decent amount of coins to get me by in-game with things I need and enjoying my time here. It only requires some dedication, love for your character/s and of course playing.
    Games are meant to be played, no matter what type of games we talk about. If you really, really have no time to play a game then you shouldn't. All games got things you have to do over and over. All games have people who will make you slightly jealous/upset you don't have it all too. Unless you play single-player ones. But it's all what you make of it. Declare war and have a problem with everyone or declare peace and do your own thing, with no negative regard to those around you.

There are lots of people I know that spent nothing on this game and still made it out to a satisfactory state of being, so it is possible. It will just take you a while. That's what most of us love about it too, that you aren't handed out the best things right away. It is nice looking forward to something, after all. It is nice to get that amazing feeling when you at last have something you worked hard for.

Nobody cares how fast you level. Nobody cares if it takes you months to farm your gear, the right people might actually want to help you along the way! What matters is having fun and enjoying yourself.
    If everyone you talk to in-game beats you up with words for not being "cool" enough then you've been hanging around the wrong kind.

I've said this countless of times in threads like this before; if you don't like this game and everything makes you angry or sad or whatever, just drop it and play something else. Life's too short to waste it on things that make you feel unaccomplished.
    I dislike it that threads like this seem to speak for the majority and I dislike it that people delude themselves with thinking this will change anything. It won't. As long as people still pay and play, keeping it all going, funding it, one way or another, they don't care that x, y and z have things they don't like in their product.

Also, all this talk of "games that are way better" makes me wonder if we play the same games on the same planet. I've tried a wide variety myself, they all involved grinding in one way or another and they all had things that weren't readily and easily accessible. Just that they tended to make this more subtle and less tedious, will give them that at the very least.

So, just, yeah. Two cents given.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited January 2014
    *snip*....

This is very well written, and I agree 100%.b:cute
    edited January 2014
    What is wrong with fixing something for 'normal' and new players?

Over the past 3 years I have watched factions eliminate each other (larger factions purposefully dividing and conquering from within small factions), and players eliminate each other (betraying a friends trust, stealing all the drops, outright scamming each other), and servers eliminate each other (through needing to be merged because there are less factions and less players).

Does one really need a doctorate to see that the 'food chain' has broken down, and to understand that if it continues the party will be over?

How many fun TWs will these large factions have if they are the only active large faction left on their server? How much fun will the scammer have, when he and others like him are the only ones left on a server?

The New Player's game not only trolls a new player with 3 orbs they cant use; but if you dont have a friend to let you know the deal is all about end-game when you start playing, what is there for the new player to fall in love with?

What is there for him to do with the segregated squads of leet rebirthed players on the world map?

I see people give reasons why they think its okay to leave new players out. Maybe if a CM or GM reported the same thing, the 'normal' and NEW to the game would see they are wasting their time reporting problems for new players.

Nobody is interested in any apparently...okies. *is confused and just shrugs it off*

What I see is everyone already having completed the rebirth expansion by the time a new player needs to do it, no one will be doing the new instance anymore hardly, and even if they did - they wouldnt want him in the squad cause he's not a leet toon.
  • Tindie - Harshlands
    Tindie - Harshlands Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Personly i feel the new Dream Chaser gears added to boss drops is a great thing. they really dont OP mold gears like you think except maybe the weapons. but instead give ward/slay level wich is only good for PvE and sense most non 90+ players have a hard time gathering up/having the coins to out right buy the said mats to make the molds. the drops are a good thing IMO. molds are droping more frequently then before and from mobs that normly wouldnt have droped those molds. if you think your going to go farm up 200 molds in an hour..well your wrong.. but the drops are there and can be aquired ..

with how fast it is to level these days what is the point of spending 200mil on gears as you level up anyhow. there is alot of gears in the past that have been usful but the lack of anyone willing to put effort into them to get them at an affordable price rank6 wepons come to mind..
    but we cant aquire without somone wanting to make 200mil off of lowbies instead of helping them run events and farming more then that from simply offering them aid.
    r6 is worthless? only if your a p2p who can afford to throw enough money into the game to bypass the need to farm or have other's that can help you do this...or can run multiple pc's 24-7 to farm dq's while you are at work or sleeping. any team could run 30 mins a week and aquire the orbs needed to make r6 without spending 200mil on a lowbie rank weapon. the new weapon may not be as strong as r6 or the g16 everyone has on hand.

or r9 gear wich we all would like to have.. but its a small boast into giving lowbies survivability so they can explore and have fun instead of having to spam world chat to either be ignored by higher levels when your off doing FSP..or NW..or TW.. or runing your daily's. or rely on higher levels to be there 100% of the time..to run the dungens for them..you want them to learn how to play there class yet no one promot's the idea of them learning how to work as a team at earlyer stages in the game..

im not saying it isnt nice to see my guildie strutt there stuff and make runs that much faster.. but sometimes when no body is around its nice to know that there is options to be able to go out and do it yourself or with others around your same level.

and before you say..there isnt a high newbie player base like in 2008 we are all aware of this. some of th biggest factors is how hard it was for lowbie players to survive. yet when devs take action to try to bring new players in everyone starts to qq. its not fair we never got that!!
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    blacks wrote: »
    not really..i played lots of games where theres tons of things to do even after you get the level cap..

Do you mean like doing different quests or missions? That's still questing over and over.
    The majority of the games are based on the concept of doing things over and over to keep people occupied. Unfortunately I can no longer find the link to a very good and interesting article about gaming and the concept of repetitiveness which I'm talking about.

Variables don't really count, such as killing different enemies or doing different kinds of quests/missions. It's still doing practically the same thing over and over but variables and changes give us the false feeling of doing something different. When there are very few variables or no variables at all (the case of most end-game content of PW which require running the same instances) it becomes boring and 'repetitive'.

The only games I can think of that don't require doing things over and over are those who are heavily focused on the story and are usually presented as interactive movies more so than actual games. People who have played such games will know what I'm talking about.

Games "where there's tons of things to do" is a different topic than what I've just described.

Might as well throw in my two cents perspective, what with being a "normal" player and all.
    I don't cash-shop. I'm not a merchant. I don't have access to all the premium high-end content people keep raving about, but that still doesn't keep me from making a fair decent amount of coins to get me by in-game with things I need and enjoying my time here. It only requires some dedication, love for your character/s and of course playing.
    Games are meant to be played, no matter what type of games we talk about. If you really, really have no time to play a game then you shouldn't. All games got things you have to do over and over. All games have people who will make you slightly jealous/upset you don't have it all too. Unless you play single-player ones. But it's all what you make of it. Declare war and have a problem with everyone or declare peace and do your own thing, with no negative regard to those around you.

There are lots of people I know that spent nothing on this game and still made it out to a satisfactory state of being, so it is possible. It will just take you a while. That's what most of us love about it too, that you aren't handed out the best things right away. It is nice looking forward to something, after all. It is nice to get that amazing feeling when you at last have something you worked hard for.

Nobody cares how fast you level. Nobody cares if it takes you months to farm your gear, the right people might actually want to help you along the way! What matters is having fun and enjoying yourself.
    If everyone you talk to in-game beats you up with words for not being "cool" enough then you've been hanging around the wrong kind.

I've said this countless of times in threads like this before; if you don't like this game and everything makes you angry or sad or whatever, just drop it and play something else. Life's too short to waste it on things that make you feel unaccomplished.
    I dislike it that threads like this seem to speak for the majority and I dislike it that people delude themselves with thinking this will change anything. It won't. As long as people still pay and play, keeping it all going, funding it, one way or another, they don't care that x, y and z have things they don't like in their product.

Also, all this talk of "games that are way better" makes me wonder if we play the same games on the same planet. I've tried a wide variety myself, they all involved grinding in one way or another and they all had things that weren't readily and easily accessible. Just that they tended to make this more subtle and less tedious, will give them that at the very least.

So, just, yeah. Two cents given.

Very good post f:cute
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
    edited January 2014
    Personly i feel the new Dream Chaser gears added to boss drops is a great thing. they really dont OP mold gears like you think except maybe the weapons. but instead give ward/slay level wich is only good for PvE and sense most non 90+ players have a hard time gathering up/having the coins to out right buy the said mats to make the molds. the drops are a good thing IMO. molds are droping more frequently then before and from mobs that normly wouldnt have droped those molds. if you think your going to go farm up 200 molds in an hour..well your wrong.. but the drops are there and can be aquired ..

with how fast it is to level these days what is the point of spending 200mil on gears as you level up anyhow. there is alot of gears in the past that have been usful but the lack of anyone willing to put effort into them to get them at an affordable price rank6 wepons come to mind..
    but we cant aquire without somone wanting to make 200mil off of lowbies instead of helping them run events and farming more then that from simply offering them aid.
    r6 is worthless? only if your a p2p who can afford to throw enough money into the game to bypass the need to farm or have other's that can help you do this...or can run multiple pc's 24-7 to farm dq's while you are at work or sleeping. any team could run 30 mins a week and aquire the orbs needed to make r6 without spending 200mil on a lowbie rank weapon. the new weapon may not be as strong as r6 or the g16 everyone has on hand.

or r9 gear wich we all would like to have.. but its a small boast into giving lowbies survivability so they can explore and have fun instead of having to spam world chat to either be ignored by higher levels when your off doing FSP..or NW..or TW.. or runing your daily's. or rely on higher levels to be there 100% of the time..to run the dungens for them..you want them to learn how to play there class yet no one promot's the idea of them learning how to work as a team at earlyer stages in the game..

im not saying it isnt nice to see my guildie strutt there stuff and make runs that much faster.. but sometimes when no body is around its nice to know that there is options to be able to go out and do it yourself or with others around your same level.

and before you say..there isnt a high newbie player base like in 2008 we are all aware of this. some of th biggest factors is how hard it was for lowbie players to survive. yet when devs take action to try to bring new players in everyone starts to qq. its not fair we never got that!!

How hard it was for lowbie players to survive is what made the game fun. A squad is what made the game fun. Its hardly fun to watch a level 100 kill the hard stuff for you.

Im not personally QQing. Its not my game. They certainly have every right not to do anything to help their 'cannon fodder, and low-end gear and new players. They have every right to tell a new player, "So, you want to play Perfect World, do you? Muhahahaha!"

They are missing the Main Ingredient to make this easy walk-through for new players successful, imho. Im also sure noone is going to bother to try to guess what that is, lol.

It is what it is.
  • Evryn - Morai
    Evryn - Morai Posts: 1,437 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    What about the rest of us PWI?

Skillbook drops in Eden and Brimstone have all but disappeared, mob-dropped molds are rare, and if you wine the cave (which most 'normals' do...) you get NOTHING!

Some skillbooks don't even exist for low level players (try finding lvl11 Aqua Blast for a psychic...)

That's just for starters...I know tons of your 'normals' have dozens of other examples where PWI is catering to others and ignoring you...

Actually, most of those high levels blow through the dungeons unwined on Morai, manage to pick up a few goodies and toss them on the auction house for a pittance. A rebirthed level 70-80ish player will likely be wearing their endlevel gear already again, and that makes them practically indestructable against basic mobs, even some bosses. But since their level is lowish, they get full loot drops. Including molds.

That some skills are more popular then others (like your aquablast) is a given.'s just like finding that one mold you reallyreally need. That takes time and effort. That's called grinding. I believe you mentioned that in your post.

Your entire post sounds a lot like "want all nau and not actually do anything to get it."
    That doesn't work. Anywhere.

[Edit] As for lowbie survivability: Most bosses nowadays drop reasonable mediocre gear for the level of players that boss is expecting, which binds on pickup. If players actually are courteous and not rush to the pile with a grab all mentality, all players -can- have a reasonable loadout fairly quick, up to the level 80 gear.
    I'm so P.R.O... I Press Respawn Often.

Ulsyr 103/103/104 BM. Working on the last R9 part (Axe).
    Khelvan 103/103/103 LA Cler. LA? LA. Deal with it.
    Evryn 103/102/101 Sagely Mystical Myst of Mystiness.
    Gromth 102/102/102 Sage Panda.
    StoneSnake - Snakeshop for everyone's common stones.
    edited January 2014
    Actually, most of those high levels blow through the dungeons unwined on Morai, manage to pick up a few goodies and toss them on the auction house for a pittance. A rebirthed level 70-80ish player will likely be wearing their endlevel gear already again, and that makes them practically indestructable against basic mobs, even some bosses. But since their level is lowish, they get full loot drops. Including molds.

That some skills are more popular then others (like your aquablast) is a given.'s just like finding that one mold you reallyreally need. That takes time and effort. That's called grinding. I believe you mentioned that in your post.

Your entire post sounds a lot like "want all nau and not actually do anything to get it."
    That doesn't work. Anywhere.

[Edit] As for lowbie survivability: Most bosses nowadays drop reasonable mediocre gear for the level of players that boss is expecting, which binds on pickup. If players actually are courteous and not rush to the pile with a grab all mentality, all players -can- have a reasonable loadout fairly quick, up to the level 80 gear.

That is so strange. I must be playing my own version on an overlapping plane of virtual existance.

Ive made countless runs through lowbie dungeons on my new Mystic - MOST bosses dont drop nothing at all. Nothing up through BH39 drops Arcane gear that binds on pick up - which is what makes the 3 free D Orbs you get at level 50 a troll from PW to a new player, unless someone can fix it.

But, the lowbie game is said to be perfect by all the experts...who most likely did not assume the role of a NEW player when the expansion was released.
  • ovenusarmanio
    edited January 2014
    That is so strange. I must be playing my own version on an overlapping plane of virtual existance.

Ive made countless runs through lowbie dungeons on my new Mystic - MOST bosses dont drop nothing at all. Nothing up through BH39 drops Arcane gear that binds on pick up - which is what makes the 3 free D Orbs you get at level 50 a troll from PW to a new player, unless someone can fix it.

But, the lowbie game is said to be perfect by all the experts...who most likely did not assume the role of a NEW player when the expansion was released.

The minster, duke, royal and master weapons from BH19-BH69 bind upon equip, but the armor does not. All the bosses drop stuff. A couple of things to keep in mind, having a high level in squad nerfs drops a lot. If you are BH level, you also start out higher level than the mobs which results in a small nerf that grows larger the further you get away from BH range. And that mold drops have always been the exception rather than the rule, so it's not unusual to do a few runs and not get the armor/weapon you need. Your best bet for drops though is to do it at FB level with other FB level people or to do it at BH level with other BH level people. Also all those bosses drop, I know because I farmed my own noble, minister and duke and royal sets at level on my own. Didn't even multiclient in the case of my new sin. My HA veno though needed me to grab my lowbie healer for qingzi and she hasn't reached the other bosses yet. I dedicated the time to running them more than once though instead of waiting for barely existent BH squads. The new pots and the free charms makes these all very doable even at level.

edited January 2014
    The minster, duke, royal and master weapons from BH19-BH69 bind upon equip, but the armor does not. All the bosses drop stuff. A couple of things to keep in mind, having a high level in squad nerfs drops a lot. If you are BH level, you also start out higher level than the mobs which results in a small nerf that grows larger the further you get away from BH range. And that mold drops have always been the exception rather than the rule, so it's not unusual to do a few runs and not get the armor/weapon you need. Your best bet for drops though is to do it at FB level with other FB level people or to do it at BH level with other BH level people. Also all those bosses drop, I know because I farmed my own noble, minister and duke and royal sets at level on my own. Didn't even multiclient in the case of my new sin. My HA veno though needed me to grab my lowbie healer for qingzi and she hasn't reached the other bosses yet. I dedicated the time to running them more than once though instead of waiting for barely existent BH squads. The new pots and the free charms makes these all very doable even at level.

When I say MOST bosses drop nothing at all - I didnt mean they never ever drop anything . I meant out of 10 full runs (which would average 30 bosses total) only 2 single bosses drop anything total. Not even coin. So, unless there is a new addon program like a cloak of invisibilty to drape over it and not allow others in the party to know there was a big drop, its not really happening - at least not like other players make it sound. ..just to clear up any mis-understanding about what I am saying.

When they do drop, they drop a lot of junk including armor. Havent seen a weapon yet, but thanks for the clarification on that. b:thanks

Also, I might as well take the opportunity to thank you Venus for the awesome guide you are making for the New Expansion. Nice to see someone take the initiative, and its the best looking one I have seen on these forums to date. b:thanks

I guess you are right - I might as well go back now and see about farming Qingzi solo for what I need.
    edited January 2014
    When I say MOST bosses drop nothing at all - I didnt mean they never ever drop anything . I meant out of 10 full runs (which would average 30 bosses total) only 2 single bosses drop anything total. Not even coin. So, unless there is a new addon program like a cloak of invisibilty to drape over it and not allow others in the party to know there was a big drop, its not really happening - at least not like other players make it sound. ..just to clear up any mis-understanding about what I am saying.

When they do drop, they drop a lot of junk including armor. Havent seen a weapon yet, but thanks for the clarification on that. b:thanks

Also, I might as well take the opportunity to thank you Venus for the awesome guide you are making for the New Expansion. Nice to see someone take the initiative, and its the best looking one I have seen on these forums to date. b:thanks

I guess you are right - I might as well go back now and see about farming Qingzi solo for what I need.

I've been soloing these BH bosses everyday since i rebirth my second time and the armor always drops, weps sometimes. Normally 2-3 peices per boss. Could be just bad luck. *shrugs*
  • Thedarkrealm - Lost City
    Thedarkrealm - Lost City Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I've been saying this for the last few years, I've been wanting to come back but when some random can hit 105 in a week with better shards and gear than should be legal it really makes anything I have really undesired for groups... At this point I'd almost wish they'd open a server for players that don't spend tons of cash and let us port our chars over to it just so I/we could get a fairplay experience like this game used to have.
  • Sjuggs - Lost City
    Sjuggs - Lost City Posts: 617 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I've been saying this for the last few years, I've been wanting to come back but when some random can hit 105 in a week with better shards and gear than should be legal it really makes anything I have really undesired for groups... At this point I'd almost wish they'd open a server for players that don't spend tons of cash and let us port our chars over to it just so I/we could get a fairplay experience like this game used to have.

I feel the same ):