New Cleric Squad Buff skill - Extreme Pantheon's Blessing

BabyEVE - Raging Tide
BabyEVE - Raging Tide Posts: 33 Arc User
edited February 2014 in Cleric
I would like to know, why health regeneration is not in the list for this upgraded squad buff. Without this health regeneration, it makes cleric less efficient now. Then what for we should go for upgrade skill to this? b:cry i regret it now
Post edited by BabyEVE - Raging Tide on

Comments

• Peachie - Harshlands_1392270572
    Peachie - Harshlands_1392270572 Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    yea i dont get it, i would rather just take the few seconds to give all buffs than to lose hp regen
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I see it as a skill oriented for Clerics that PvP. They can fully buff their team/squad faster. In PvP the HP regen is also really useless to me. It lowers during combat and people rely on charm/pots/self-heal skills (and then there's the Cleric to offer heals/support) to recover HP anyway. I like it in PvE too though.

This comes from a person that plays Cleric in TWs.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Waldhard - Dreamweaver
    Waldhard - Dreamweaver Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    If I understood correctly, this Skill is for PvP only? Hence, if you play only PvE it is worthless?
  • _dblazen_ - Dreamweaver
    _dblazen_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 566 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    The HP regen buff is **** anyway, like I said before in another thread, are you gonna let people meditate to regen their HP instead of healing them?
    If so, you should quit as a cleric.
  • Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    The HP regen buff is **** anyway, like I said before in another thread, are you gonna let people meditate to regen their HP instead of healing them?

^ this, even mp regen is useless, it only benefits sins who farm stuff while running most part in stealth, other than that I see no use for it out of combat.
  • Sien - Heavens Tear
    Sien - Heavens Tear Posts: 153 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Another thread? Try using the search function.
  • Verenor - Morai
    Verenor - Morai Posts: 699 Arc User
    edited January 2014

I liked the hp regen cause clerics indeed just let you meditate on pauses in runs instead of giving you a quick heal before the boss comes. Annoying as hell but at least with hp regen you'd have a way to recover hp without having to slap the cler around for a heal, who will then give a sassy remark on how not to tell them what to do >>
  • Ahira - Lost City
    Ahira - Lost City Posts: 791 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I see it as a skill oriented for Clerics that PvP. They can fully buff their team/squad faster. In PvP the HP regen is also really useless to me. It lowers during combat and people rely on charm/pots/self-heal skills (and then there's the Cleric to offer heals/support) to recover HP anyway.

This comes from a person that plays Cleric in TWs.

Well i pvp/tw and I dont really see the urgent need to learn this skill. Pvp especially as sometimes i find myself having to spam aoe defence buffs. Maybe if the cooldown was alot shorter it would appeal to me more than it does at the moment.
    --Retired--

Factions: Forbiden, Genesis, Conqueror, BloodLust, Zen, Spectral
    Active October 2008- August 2009; Semi-active- May 2010
  • Brillance - Raging Tide
    Brillance - Raging Tide Posts: 1,643 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Well, I know as a low geared player, I find my Healing Herb to be very uselful. It acts as a target plant, and is half of what forms our 'fake BB'. Do you know how many elite geared players have stated matter-of-factly it is useless?? b:shocked

On that note - what's useless to one, may be quite usefull to another player depending on their gear level.

In the end, they needed to use something from the old skills to combine for a new skill for Clerics. Im sure no cleric would be happy if the Devs said, "Meh...they dont need nothing new. Let's leave them out!"

I'm wondering if the OP has an alternative suggestion for a useless cleric skill, or is the HP Regeneration the best one to lose afterall?

Also, although you dont like it now, after you get used to using it, is it possible you might like the new skill better?

Sometimes its just a matter of getting used to a change, and changing up how you play. Some folks get excited about change, while others fight against it. *shrugs*

b:thanks
  • Roseary - Sanctuary
    Roseary - Sanctuary Posts: 978 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    The only thing I dislike about the upgrade cleric buff is the removal of the little red man icon; it looked so good when stacked on top of the little blue man icon almost like a pill. Losing the +10hp/s regen though was no loss, with people having 7k/10k/15k/40k hp now thats practically nothing to them. BUT now that mp regen is +20mp/s it is much more useful overall since mp is only drasticly high on mages at a little over 10k only.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • CapnK - Sanctuary
    CapnK - Sanctuary Posts: 1,166 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    The new skill is excellent. If you're considering not getting it because of 10 lousy points of hp regen your priorities are wrong.
  • Brillance - Raging Tide
    Brillance - Raging Tide Posts: 1,643 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I dont agree that the priorities are wrong. For a cleric, focusing on HP has always been their priority, as it should be. I personally feel that this involves thinking outside of the 'cleric's standard box'.

I have to admit, the +20mp/s stated above sounds like a real benefit to this PvEer all the same. I can see melee classes, especially catabarbs (who are always with a cleric ususally anyway) benefiting from it tremendously. b:victory
  • Dspeck - Raging Tide
    Dspeck - Raging Tide Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited January 2014

I agree 100% the mp regen being doubled is nice but the hp regen is too minimal to make a difference. I love being able to buff my squad quickly; only issue is the CD maybe could be reduced.

Overall the buff is wayy more efficient and is better for cleric and squad. Very happy about this upgrade! b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Eutrepete for awesome siggy <3
  • Clergywoman - Raging Tide
    Clergywoman - Raging Tide Posts: 262 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    tbh i have no idea wtf the fuss is about. i utilzed the hp/mp buffs in tw as a marker to quickly identify squadmembers without cleric buffs. it is hard to tell who has which buffs/debuffs sometimes, since pwi - clever as always - limits the display of buffs/debuffs to 20. i didn't see any other use for that buff in pvp, sans the rare occasion where the extra 2.5 hp/s would save me. :D

while the real shame of the new skill is that it does not work in uv mode!
    as mentioned in another thread. the main benefit of this new skill is the 50 chi gain. but in full support mode a cleric rarely has chi problems. the problems occurr in 1v1 or metalmage aka uv-mode, exactly were the aoe buff with the nice chi gain does not work. imo that should be the reason for QQing, not the negligible 2.5hp regen in combat!

*copy pasta for efficient posting award*
    gear and genies: mypers.pw/1.8/#145766

pan gu loves cash shoppers as much as he loathes pure farmers. that's why he cursed me with the lowest luck-index possible. my weapon needed 21 recasts for those meh adds, and the r9 ring refine ate over 10k mirages before i capitulated and orbed it from 0 to +11. you won this time pan gu! b:sad
  • Chrisssss - Sanctuary
    Chrisssss - Sanctuary Posts: 531 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Actually from a pvp stand point and you can take my opinion with a grain of salt since I don't really pvp. I'd actually like to see the MP reg be a lot little higher than 20 because of plume shell which goes down really fast imo with r9 being more common. The skill overall is more efficient than having 4 separate skills which all takes 3 secs to cast x4 = 12 secs vs 3 secs to cast all at once. For that reason alone I'd say it's one of the better new skills for clerics because in pvp situations it really hinders the effect of veno purging. Now the only other complain I have for this skills is the 30 sec cool down I wish it was a little faster.
  • Viktorian - Archosaur
    Viktorian - Archosaur Posts: 746 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    the hp regen isnt useless. for bms and barbs whos gear gives alot of vit its pretty good. but since it only gives mp regen wat ive been seeing some clerics doing is using the new squad buff skill then using the squad regen only buff.
    Servers: Archosaur(PvE US West) and Harshlands (PvP US East)
    Chars: Viktorian(100 2Rb Celestial Demon BM) PurpleHealz (100 Celestial Sage Cleric) DagsAway (95 Assassin)
    [SIGPIC][/Sigpic]
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited February 2014
    The HP regen... from the buff is kinda useless.

10 HP/sec outside of combat. 20 if meditating. 5 HP per 2 seconds in combat.

For a BM or Barb with just 10k HP, that's almost 10 minutes to get their HP back from the buff if they sat down and meditated..... in the squad with a cleric.... because for some reason nobody felt like potting and the cleric was too lazy to toss a heal on them.

The old MP regen was useless as well for the same reasoning. The current boost to 20 MP is nice but still not that good (I'd much prefer recovery apoth to cleric regen buff period) so overall, really the only ones complaining are those who just like seeing lots of buff icons under their name. Which is fine and good, but they fall under the same category as the melees who whine about not having spirit's gift or casters who whine about not getting strength of the titans.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Atropah - Sanctuary
    Atropah - Sanctuary Posts: 186 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    OPKossy wrote: »
    10 HP/sec outside of combat. 20 if meditating. 5 HP per 2 seconds in combat.

Combat regen is 25% of normal rate, so 2.5 hp/sec.

The benefits gained by getting squadmates pdef/mdef buffs as fast as possible is negligible to the inconvenience of having to do "two buffs", Pantheons then Celestial Guardian. I also know many TW buffers forget to throw their casters spirit's gift which is great for casters. This helps clear that up.
  • Viktorian - Archosaur
    Viktorian - Archosaur Posts: 746 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    keep in mind vitality points increase hp regen rate. and (assuming im typical) bms have ~150 points in vit with gear. and barbs have even more. so hp regen would rly be more like 50hp outside combat without buffs.So with would be about 60(i think the buff gives 10?). someone will prob do the math and realize that im horrible at pwi math and give an actual point value. but 15 points of vit every 2(?) secs in combat is pretty good tbh.
    again this is all just pulled from the nothingness that is my mind so dont quote my mathematical skillz
    also in tw the cleric shouldnt be giving spirits gift to a pure melee in the first place. in squads during pve go for it but in a tw when ur the base buffer? the dd prob is needed at the front(reporting general kossy!!) so they need buffs quick. so passing buffs that melee cant use is kinda counterproductive. granted if its a squad they get wat they get.
    parenthesis are me trying to be funny and failing miserably
    Servers: Archosaur(PvE US West) and Harshlands (PvP US East)
    Chars: Viktorian(100 2Rb Celestial Demon BM) PurpleHealz (100 Celestial Sage Cleric) DagsAway (95 Assassin)
    [SIGPIC][/Sigpic]
  • SxeChik - Archosaur
    SxeChik - Archosaur Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    keep in mind vitality points increase hp regen rate. and (assuming im typical) bms have ~150 points in vit with gear. and barbs have even more. so hp regen would rly be more like 50hp outside combat without buffs.So with would be about 60(i think the buff gives 10?). someone will prob do the math and realize that im horrible at pwi math and give an actual point value. but 15 points of vit every 2(?) secs in combat is pretty good tbh.
    again this is all just pulled from the nothingness that is my mind so dont quote my mathematical skillz
    also in tw the cleric shouldnt be giving spirits gift to a pure melee in the first place. in squads during pve go for it but in a tw when ur the base buffer? the dd prob is needed at the front(reporting general kossy!!) so they need buffs quick. so passing buffs that melee cant use is kinda counterproductive. granted if its a squad they get wat they get.
    parenthesis are me trying to be funny and failing miserably

back to your corner, vik b:angry
    Insanity b:thanks
  • DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver
    DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    New buff is awesome, can rebuff entire squad very quickly and discretely.

Archers wet dream is spotting an enemy squad rebuffing with barb in the middle in stand up form and the cleric part way through a macro, giving away exactly how many are grouped up ready to take a BoA in the face. b:dirty
    DarkSkiesx - Demon Archer
    mypers.pw/1.7/#114350

DarkSeasx - Sage Assassin
    mypers.pw/1.7/#136481

youtube.com/darkskiesx
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited February 2014
    Combat regen is 25% of normal rate, so 2.5 hp/sec.
    aka 5 HP per 2 seconds. The first second you'd get 2 and the second would be 3. b:chuckle
    keep in mind vitality points increase hp regen rate. and (assuming im typical) bms have ~150 points in vit with gear. and barbs have even more. so hp regen would rly be more like 50hp outside combat without buffs.So with would be about 60(i think the buff gives 10?).
    Remember it's 20 vit for 1 HP per sec outside combat. So if the BM has... say.... 280 vit that's 14/sec outside combat or 24/sec with the old buff/single target one.

And that'd get dropped to 6 per second in combat.... meanwhile having 280 vit means that said BM has at least 7.2k HP at level 100. Now why would that sort of BM sit down to meditate outside of combat with a cleric in squad? They wouldn't. And how useful is 6 HP per second in a boss fight where you're taking thousands of damage every second or two and (if you have a competent cleric) also getting healed directly for thousands? It isn't.

Hence my comparison to spirit's gift on melees or titans on casters. A life powder is still more effective than the HP regen we used to get and by around the middle-ish levels, those became outdated for HA/LA and casters could heal themselves anyway. With current HP and gear standards, the old regen buff is really more for the sake of having more buffs than for any practical purpose.... and in any sort of time where you need to distribute buffs quickly, regen is always the first buff to be skipped.

Put into perspective.... BP is more effective in PvP than the HP regen people complain about losing is in PvE. And you won't find anyone arguing that BP is so major in PvP that it needs to be kept up at all times.
    (Insert fancy image here)