Gravel blade... Screwed or Blessing

Options
_Scaletta_ - Harshlands
_Scaletta_ - Harshlands Posts: 82 Arc User
edited January 2014 in Seeker
Hey guys for the past few days this has been nerve racking about the New Horizon Seeker skill, Gravel blade. While I do like the fact it combined 2 of the stance I always have to scratch my head about using what i do NOT like is that its linked to a non AOE skill. While yes I know seekers are exceptionally deadly for the range we possess but it makes that skill pretty much cripled in PvE. Now I know many dont care for PvE but I for one enjoy it. So for example in GV(Godless Valley) in either stance I could hit an aoe like darkcloud bolt if the debuff on proc all thier ***** and either drop atk/def or stun them even in gank pvp this was awsome now I have to hit each individual target one by one and hope.it procs? Yeah no thats BS man so what do you guys think Yay or Nay so far Ive consodered only windblade and extreme sacrificial slash with glow blade being the worst skill above all in my oppinion.

ΦGravel Blade

Range 20 Meters
Mana 75
Channel 0.3 seconds
Cast 0.7 seconds
Cooldown 3.0 seconds
Chi Gained 10
Weapon Blade or Sword

Required Cultivation Aware of the Myriad
Combine multiple techniques into a single, massive
blow against your enemy. Deals 110% of base
physical
damage plus 100% of weapon damage plus 1650.

Has a 65% chance to apply the Spirit Bore status,
causing your ●Gemini Slash to deal an additional
7950 Metal damage and reduce the target's Attack
and Defense Levels by 10 for 3 minutes.

Has a 25% chance to apply the
Bloodletting status, causing your
●Stalagstrike to deal an additional 3750
damage and stun the target for 3 seconds.

Sage version deals an additional 550 damage.
Sage version has a 65% chance to apply Spirit
Bore.
Sage version has a 25% chance to apply
Bloodletting.
Post edited by _Scaletta_ - Harshlands on

Comments

• Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    did this one turn out to be a dud skill too :x
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Medaka - Morai
    Medaka - Morai Posts: 196 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Nay.

It's annoying that some skills don't always proc due to stances. Their fix would be these skills. But as much as I'd hope for a fix that you don't have to give up something for, it won't happen. So in the end it's all preference based... do you wanna keep aoe stances and being able to proc them with more attacks but have a reduced proc on heartseeker and ion spike, or do you want to give up all that just so you can stop worrying about it?
  • _Scaletta_ - Harshlands
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Nay.

It's annoying that some skills don't always proc due to stances. Their fix would be these skills. But as much as I'd hope for a fix that you don't have to give up something for, it won't happen. So in the end it's all preference based... do you wanna keep aoe stances and being able to proc them with more attacks but have a reduced proc on heartseeker and ion spike, or do you want to give up all that just so you can stop worrying about it?

Well I'm a full sage seeker, So Northern Sky combined with staggering to form windblade wont be so bad because its a 2 second CD with sage, so i can spam that I believe this is exceptional. Duelist Glee and Battousai is unwise because Deulist is the lowest chance to proc 20% I almost never use it in pvp because of that low chance although, I could see myself using parch blade stance and spaming Windblade (Battousai + Duelist) for a disarm followed by a stun so this is a tricky combo but I could see myself doing this. So far the only one I'm completely turned off from is Gravel Blade because of the reasons I previously mentioned
  • ZadkieI - Lost City
    ZadkieI - Lost City Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Glee is the bane of all purify wep classes + archers, sins and even barbs the non stance combat is going to be great for chaining skills together, only thing im torn on is it worth mixing glee+ batto but once you do the 1st combination you can bet using a stance would really mess up the skills like it with ion for say, the Gravel blade might not work right because the stance will probably affect it afflicting the status effect of soulsever and parchedblade just my thoughts on it i will probably fuse them all because i have a good idea already on how to chain the skills but losing all skills to have a chance to put parry on is still up for question i'll have to wait and see once i make gravel blade how badly glee effects it
  • Ravensfeill - Archosaur
    Ravensfeill - Archosaur Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    I wouldn't do it either although I may get. Wind blade and light just since I like literally don't use duelist glee since it seems to rarely proc.and u know most opponent skills pretty much compared to seeker are gauranteed but can see it being used as a great followup to armed since that skills I rarely use either because of slow casting and it it's pysical and sadly most classes have decent psy def but even higher mag def. on archer ion or mage atcks will still hit Tho to a lesser degree. Since u arnt missing ever other hit due to evasion even tho light is low remember u will prolly be spamming battosai alot anyway now if it procs.due to rapid fire, sweet since now followup And then u now have options to disable and giving buying time till gem blade affinity is off cd by then
  • _Scaletta_ - Harshlands
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Just to let you guys know for the hell of it I got gravel blade to check it out. So far in pve it does suck there's no question but pvp in my exp its quite useful. I've been using duelist glee stance and so long the 20% chance doesnt proc (which it hardly does because its 20%) you have a chance to give either parchblade or soulsever debuf or BOTH. it really gets useful if you see a bm charging at you for a stun, use gravel blade ion and gemini and it really can either make a bm rethink his charge or put him to sleep. Its also useful agianst mages because if you have soulsever debuff + ion thats 11250 metal damage + 400% wep physical damage with a debuff on any class that hurts its mainly come in handy to 1 shot annoying archers and some arcanes. Its a situational skill but if you use it right its a major killing blow for your enemies atleast so far in the week I've had it it has although i wish the animation changed haha. 1v1 agianst classes that can keep me on a leash have always been annoying for seekers but the fact if i have duelist glee on and use gravel blade makes it so i can stack up to 3 awesome debuffs on a target simultaneously really makes my playstyle more flexible and can confuse my targets since they see one stance on but an array of debuffs that dont go with it stun + disarm + ion + Gemini FYI guys Pruify spell doesnt work if you disarm them. Im after extreme sacrificial slash then windblade next.b:laugh
  • Happygas - Lost City
    Happygas - Lost City Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    The sum of the above comments is pretty accurate.

I am playing at getting all the new seeker skills (sage).

Will definitely change some of my choices in pve and pvp situations. I got Gravel Blade first before new versions of QPQ and Sac Slash. Aiming to get Wind Blade next.

On the balance of consideration so far, i like the versatility of having NSW as a perma buff and my attack chains giving me all the previous stance options over match-ups against harder to dispatch enemies, where encounters become protracted.

my 2 cents.

HappyG
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Well, i got it.
    For someone like me who thinks its a hassle to stance this stance that, this is actually pretty decent. I like that i can get an extra skill or two in since i dont have to manually stance change. >.>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • rihnar#9476
    rihnar#9476 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    but but i miss that awesome two rings effect on my sword from soulsever stance after getting gravel blade x.x b:sad

n oh as far as the skill, it sucks in pve but m loving it in pvp. ( as far as it doesnt keep missin n my rock splittin misses the most b:surrender)