g15/16 gear options for veno

Shoshanne - Dreamweaver
Shoshanne - Dreamweaver Posts: 43 Arc User
edited January 2014 in Venomancer
There are always threads about what gear is best... I suppose this is another one.

With the changes to the game, (one of the most important being evolved pets) I am wondering what path I should take as a PVE vit-arcane sage veno with no intent on cash-shopping my way to end-game gear.

I am currently wearing TT90 and Drummer's Hat... here is my basic setup atm: http://pwcalc.com/33fce967dafabb16

I am looking for a little guidance... this includes suggestions on what to wear before I get to a really great endgame build.

If you want anymore info about my veno for your analysis, just let me know... Thanks in advance for the help!
Post edited by Shoshanne - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    G16 Nirvana is your best choice for free easily farm-able gear that's considered endgame. This is my response to another recent thread which is relevant:
    The rule of thumb is that a dead DD deals no damage and a dead foxy purges nobody so I will strongly suggest to focus on your armor before you start thinking of skills (provided your skills are at least lvl10), strong weapons and big numbers.

The cheapest option for good effective gear is G16 Nirvana and since you're already G15, you're almost there. It's probably best to just try getting your molds & badges to make the gear.

DQ points seem to be working still, despite GMs announcing they will be removed from the site and moved to ARC with the new system. What does this mean? You could try botting for DQs and make some Demon/Sage cards for event gold to refine your gear. You could try going for a +5 on the gear, it's fairly easy. I would probably consider +5ing your current G15 too so that you can have more HP if needed when running Warsong/Lunar. Remember the G16 weapon costs 5 mirages per refine though so it might be trickier to refine.

Meanwhile you could try doing Weekly Abaddon/Seat of Torment to accumulate Crushed Emblems. Exchange 3 for an incomparable shard (Garnet or Citrine) for 1.5mil to shard your gear with. Morai shards are an option but they are slightly more expensive (mainly the Citrine ones at 3.6mil each).

This should place you in a pretty good position to allow you to start investing into your skills. I'm assuming you're talking about the lvl11 skills (Sage/Demon). You should already have the cheap ones (Fox Form, Venomous, Ironwood etc.) though. If you've reawakened, once you are lvl100 you can run Flowsilver with other people to get pages (OBP or PoFs) and use them to make some skill books. The skills that require Mystical Pages, however, will have to be made via tokens. When it comes to Chrono skills, you might want Fossilized Curse first (really effective against Archers, Assassins etc.) and leave Arcane Antinomy second.

You can also farm Cube for a necklace; 15 days if you do it on a single character. Use Luminance order for free COFs at 5k Prestige. Belt can be a Warsong one. Currently Warsong is has some bugs that prevent you from reaching the last boss so you may want to wait. In general, you'll want a Cube necklace and a Warsong belt. They can be bought too but it might be more expensive.

Once that's done, proceed to further improve your gear. You could attempt +7 with refine aids (this can be attempted earlier too as long as you keep accumulating DQs for event gold cards) and use Orbs afterwards while you work on getting more expensive shards.

This is taking into consideration an average budget and average money making.

If you are able to participate in NWs, your Uncanny and Rapture needs should be taken care of. Additionally, you can sell your tokens for some profit.

Mirages should come from BHs for refining later and you might get lucky and get some coin too. Ask friends/faction to help you run TT to gather your materials for TT99 gear (TT is bound but cheaper, Lunar is trade-able but more expensive). If you have a Hercules try soloing, some of the solo-able bosses drop the materials you need.

If that doesn't work, chips from BHs can be used to chip the gold materials. Despite TT being the cheaper option, check your server's market; making the AA top Lunar is sometimes cheaper than the TT counter part.

Your goal should be to achieve a decent G15 Nirvana set with some average refines that will allow you to participate in Warsong/Lunar farming squads with ease. After that work towards your G16.

Your ultimate goal should be Cube Necklace and Warsong Belt but temporary alternative can be Sky Demon's Pearl (necklace), Necklace of Giant Strength (TT90 gold, quite cheap) and perhaps finish your Chrono quests for the Chrono belt.

Additionally, find Cape of Elite Leather (or something like that) for a temporary cape (good for physical defence and HP, can easily find a cheap one). Keep the channeling one for when you're DDing or something (I have three different capes that I swap >.>)

Search for OHT rings (Dream of Reality), you can often find really nice ones for cheap with adds of your choice. If you can find something with -channeling and +HP/+Vit or +Mag it would be sweet.

As for the hat, there aren't many cheap temporary options so you could keep that one for the time being. You'll have to make TT cape/hat eventually anyway.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    Walpurga - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,028 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    level to 99, sell off those horrible lunar things and trade it for a sensible TT weapon. TT99 Divine Aegis pataka is dirt cheap (1/9 the price of a clean lunar weapon) and adds a crapload of defense/HP

Finish your OHT culti for the gold belt

Replace TT90 neck with mold Sky Demon's Pearl

Refine all to decent level

restat that dex

Change to cape of elite leather instead of chan cape.

http://pwcalc.com/33fce967dafabb16

Dropped 50 vit and still end up with more HP with a build that is actually cheaper due to the loss of expensive lunar weapon for TT99 pataka

Afterwards you can make your TT90 into TT99-->G15, TT99 gold weapons can follow all the corresponding weapon paths during G15 (wand, pataka, glaive, magic sword)
    Channels

youtube .com/user/WallyPWS Active

youtube .com/user/tehnewblife Semi Inactive
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited January 2014
    *snip*

1: You used the same calc link as OP. May wanna fix that. :P
    2: You mention the weap but nothing about selling the tome to get a cheaper one and using the coin to fund refines/shards/gear? What gives? D:
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Shoshanne - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2014
    Desdi - thanks for the info. Currently don't have a guild (for all effects and purposes). Do have a Herc. I'm thinking of prioritizing evolving him to help with farming.

I had my heart set on Lunar Nirvy before the Morai stuff came out, and I suspected Nirvy was still the best bet but wanted some experienced venos giving me their thoughts (additional thoughts still welcome).

Though it's 101 and bound to character (bleh), I haven't heard much about the Arcanic Muse stuff. It looks pretty good, though the Warding/Slaying levels wouldn't do anything for my evolved pets (when I evolve them). Know anything about that set?

Walpurga - I'd be interested to see what that pwcalc build looks like.... also, I have the base dex because I used to be an LA build, and restatted most but not all of it... furthermore, I can't sell the wand, it's a loaner (as is the tome, OPKossy). The cape is account bound.
  • opkossy
    edited January 2014
    The big issue with the Morai gear is... thanks to G16 Nirvana there's really no point to it anymore.

When you had G13/15 as passable endgames for PvE players, the Morai set could compare well enough in just PvE. However, G16 gears are flat out better for PvE and PvP, so Morai stuff quickly fell to the side.

Aside from that, the reason why TT Nirvana is mentioned is because it's far cheaper to make and obtain than the Lunar version because the Lunars can be freely resold. This is in addition to the fact that with G16 Nirvana, you wind up with the same gear regardless of which path you take. Essentially, this makes the only difference between the TT and Lunar paths the price you pay for the ability to resell the gear if you so choose.

Desdi has really covered all the important points to it, so there's not much to add really. Though evolving your herc is a very good idea and rather helpful in several scenarios. That said, even an evolved pet is still not going to be a major change in how you go about most things outside of perhaps Nation Wars.
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    OPKossy wrote: »
    The big issue with the Morai gear is... thanks to G16 Nirvana there's really no point to it anymore.

When you had G13/15 as passable endgames for PvE players, the Morai set could compare well enough in just PvE. However, G16 gears are flat out better for PvE and PvP, so Morai stuff quickly fell to the side.

Aside from that, the reason why TT Nirvana is mentioned is because it's far cheaper to make and obtain than the Lunar version because the Lunars can be freely resold. This is in addition to the fact that with G16 Nirvana, you wind up with the same gear regardless of which path you take. Essentially, this makes the only difference between the TT and Lunar paths the price you pay for the ability to resell the gear if you so choose.

Desdi has really covered all the important points to it, so there's not much to add really. Though evolving your herc is a very good idea and rather helpful in several scenarios. That said, even an evolved pet is still not going to be a major change in how you go about most things outside of perhaps Nation Wars.
    On the contrary, an evolved herc with synergy helps significantly soloing FF or tanking WB's, especially when not having r9s3.

I do agree though that Nirv S3 is a better idea, especially if competing in any type of PVP environment.
  • DeffyNature - Archosaur
    DeffyNature - Archosaur Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I have had the full morai 101 gear for a while, while I started farming my 3rd cast nirvana. When I started farming my morai gear, nw weren't implemented,so I was in no way planing on ever getting nirvana. But when raps/cannies market crashed and burned, there wasn't really an excuse for me, especially since I could stash the nirvana gear on all 5 AA chars on my account, whereas morai had to be farmed separately on each character.
    I could tell you from the start that the morai g15 set is superior to nirvana g15, but it is a great deal inferior to nirvana 3rd cast aka G16.
    I farmed the coin to buy the gold tt mats needed, from bh and striking up deals in the AH, so it took me around 5 months to farm the whole set, but it was well worth it.
    I'm also strictly pve, with a touch of TW rarely here and there and the occasional nw, so I can safely say that nirvana 3rd cast is well worth it and the cheaper alternative on the long run.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    Walpurga - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,028 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    derp, wrong link I guess

and I didn't even see a 13/12 str/vit tome lolwut

K so

On dreamweaver if you sold the tome and weapon you'd get a solid 70mil at least I think. ot sure about the tome. That will let you buy mirages + refine aids/event gold to +5 a pair of decent orns, get cape of elite leather and decent oht rings before you start saving up for full G15, as well as restat excess weird stat points

http://pwcalc.com/2f1c8201acdff178

And don't buy Stones of the Jungle to make a wonderful Jungle belt 'till I'm done buying
    Channels

youtube .com/user/WallyPWS Active

youtube .com/user/tehnewblife Semi Inactive
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I'm not a big fan of the Jungle Belt personally but it would be an alternative to the Warsong belt. I'm not aware of the costs though. Was the Jungle Belt cheaper?
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • DeffyNature - Archosaur
    DeffyNature - Archosaur Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I'm not a big fan of the Jungle Belt personally but it would be an alternative to the Warsong belt. I'm not aware of the costs though. Was the Jungle Belt cheaper?

I agree here, I absolutely hate it, plus it is character bound, so you cannot stash (I might be wrong here, I remember reading that there is an unbound version of this belt , but I'm not sure, nor did I care much about it to look into it). From What I know, it's about the same or a bit more to make. I found the bound Warsong belt cheaper and easier to farm, personally.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • opkossy
    edited January 2014
    I actually prefer the jungle belt prior to R9/NW belts and such.

Only the first version of the jungle belt has the psuedo-bind on it. Once upgraded, it can be traded freely.
  • Shoshanne - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2014
    Thank you for the suggestions, and insight on the Morai gear and herc. :) I have a pretty good answer to my question now, which is the most economical way to go is TT->Nirvy->g16 Nirvy.

The Sky Demon Pearl was an excellent suggestion and ended up being a lot cheaper than the TT alternative, I had a SDP made and refined to +5, making it pretty much equivalent in pdef to my Sunshine Neck. I found a slightly better ring than the Attendance one for cheap (+Vit, +HP, +MAtk), though not an OHT ring. I'll be looking at farming the cube and TT in the near future.

Thank you all for your input. b:thanks
  • Cawcawwww - Archosaur
    Cawcawwww - Archosaur Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited January 2014

I don't know if this is the case anymore, especially during 2x

Venos are a highly sought after class for lunar, even if only for the vile tower boss, and squads farming eod tend to ignore all other mats. I crafted some g15 pants the other day and the only mat I had to purchase was 2x sourceres soul, I think about 6 mill in coins. If you can get in with a fast lunar farming squad they often don't take the bh path and chromatics or the other one that looks like a soul edge are randomed while they payer takes only the eod. Sourceres souls are also one of the easier gold mats to farm in TT.

I much prefer lunar to TT as I have many chars and often fail to predict what will be happening with their gears down the line. And while TT is farmable, I think lunar is even more farmable for venos. (seekers too that's how I got mine, my veno is only lvl 80 >.<)
  • Cawcawwww - Archosaur
    Cawcawwww - Archosaur Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    I actually prefer the jungle belt prior to R9/NW belts and such.

Only the first version of the jungle belt has the psuedo-bind on it. Once upgraded, it can be traded freely.

Same

I crafted a g15 Pdef jungle belt for my cleric and luv it. + 10 is giving more than 1200 Pdef. Warsong may be better for a barb cuz of the vit, but for most classes I think the jungle belt is a better choice. G15 jungle belt is 18 stones 800k - 3 mill a piece. I made a Pdef once for cleric for about 20 mill but when I made the Mdef for seeker prices were up a bit and cost about 36 mill. I see less and less of these stones in catshops and wc.
  • Suprprutty - Lost City
    Suprprutty - Lost City Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    With warsong broken, you can't make one anyway unless you find someone selling the trade-able one or something tho I prefer warsong over the jungle belt but both work well.