Flowsilver Palace and venos

Desdi - Sanctuary
Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
edited May 2014 in Venomancer
Video of the instance here. by me!
Read guide to the instance here. by Neodaystar.

The instance is incredibly fun! I highly recommend trying it out as soon as you're able to, plus you get a shot at some cards by making packs using the reward. Prepare to die, though.

Just a few notes for those playing Venomancers or using Venomancers for the instance:

- Most bosses have an HP buff and an Ironheart-icon buff. You have to purge them off.

- Don't bother with pets too much, they'll mostly die from traps, AOEs and whatnot. If you can keep them alive go for it, if you spend too much time taking care of them better stow them.

- If you have a Harpy, use it at the Five Kings part. It's going to help a lot especially if the squad lacks magic DD (physical immune boss).

- Bosses are immune to HP debuffs, in other words Sage Soul Degeneration doesn't work (the HP debuff part of it that is).

- Shriek pet skill is useful at the Succubus boss (warns you in big letters to interrupt her). Level 5 of said skill is 100% chance to interrupt.

- Last boss will go nuts towards the end but the system warns you and then shouts I'M HYSTERICAL on your screen. That's your cue to purge. It's very very important to purge. Watch for the Quicken buff (APS) to appear (don't accidentally purge too soon).

- After you kiss the frog make sure to wash properly. Disgusting!

[SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
Post edited by Desdi - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Vedovis - Lost City
    Vedovis - Lost City Posts: 942 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Seems fun! Can't wait to try it, however I'm lazy and only 94 xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

| Signature made by Fishy!~ | Semiretired |
  • Phoenix_Eye - Heavens Tear
    Phoenix_Eye - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,681 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Desdi for President b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    <--- MALE Veno ..... Moved to G W 2 or maybe not completely , don't know ...... PW addiction
    {That TT xbow chain is one that describes someone's bowel movements after having too much spicy food. A loud **** (Thundercrack), then a burning sensation (Flash Fire), followed by an explosion of multi-colored poo-confetti (Blinding Radiance). Excellent...} By Quilue
  • helovesu
    helovesu Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I saw that you did not summon the pet from the beginning. What is the reason (other than the traps actually)?
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited December 2013
    Pets are okay but mostly in normal mode. The advanced mode bosses have strong AoEs, the third boss has a strong DoT that pretty much 1-shots you if you don't purify so the pet stands no chance. The second boss spawns water pools that deal a lot of damage if you don't avoid them etc.

I'll probably try to use pets more the better I learn the instance though.
  • Seacoral - Sanctuary
    Seacoral - Sanctuary Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Pets are helpful to a point. They're a pain to keep alive through the AOE's, but a herc taking aggro can be a good distraction if a large part of your squad has wiped and is running back. I generally start with my nix using natural synergy to front load all its damage before it is one-shot b:chuckle
    Proud forum lurker since 2008 b:avoid
  • Satyrion - Sanctuary_1389862626
    Satyrion - Sanctuary_1389862626 Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I have feeling the pet ignore those water polls at the water boss. Well, whole squad running away from the water spots, means that boss will move and pet will follow and get out of the water spots as well... But my nix have yet not died due to them even once those 3 times I did the instance, so yea...
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    The only place where my harpy dies is at the very last boss. It seems the game counts the pets as having full chi always, so when they receive more, they instantly die. That's the only place in the whole instance where I stow my pet.
  • Evalria - Sanctuary
    Evalria - Sanctuary Posts: 202 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    The video was amazing! I feel that this particular dungeon is a step forward in many ways, for its mechanics and overall feel. Definitely looking forward to experiencing it as well!
    It is really, really nice that for this Venomancers will always be welcomed.

HTTYD soundtrack + the wash after kissing part... Pure genius. <3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited December 2013
    Haha xD I agree, I think it's a very well done instance!
  • Vedovis - Lost City
    edited January 2014
    Not sure if this has been mentioned yet, but sage soul degenerations HP debuff doesnt seem to work on bosses.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited January 2014
    Ah yeah, I should add that to the first post.
  • Vedovis - Lost City
    edited January 2014
    I'm not sage myself so I can't be 100% sure, but a sage veno I was squadded with kept overwriting my amp with her sage soul degen, even though it seemed as if nothing was happening. Quite annoying ._.;
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited January 2014
    I can confirm that the HP debuff doesn't work there, I just completely forgot to mention it previously (or rather update the post when I found out).

Venomancers need to pay more attention to this, especially purging. I've seen a couple who didn't purge even after I whispered them to do so.
  • X_volcano_y - Harshlands
    X_volcano_y - Harshlands Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    I want to add something, sherik pet skill is pretty useful at the boss of the healing spell. I case u don't have a player that can interrupt...lvl5 is 100% success so it wont hurt if done just in case.
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited February 2014
    True! :3
  • X_volcano_y - Harshlands
    X_volcano_y - Harshlands Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    if there is no barb or the barb is weak to hold arrgo from dds
    A trick a veno can do in there:
    At the toad....herc can keep arrgo fine and live till the "barb" atk...when the herc dies just rez and resummon...the only trick is having a suitable herc...mine's mood is confident so it got 3arrgo skills...roar would help too but mine got bless already.
    sometimes the atk is faster than normal in such case 2venos are needed.

Today I did a run without a cleric....but we were 9 +12s so the whole run was 15min.
  • kinzert
    kinzert Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2014

You tube has removed the video b:cry
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited May 2014
    kinzert wrote: »
    You tube has removed the video b:cry

Working fine for me. Are you sure it's not a region issue?
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited May 2014
    It appears to be fine for me too..I mean it is there on my list so it sounds like a regional issue...probably because of the OST I used >.>;
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited May 2014
    Desdi change your sig. It's too cute and I can't help but stare at it. b:shutup
    (Insert fancy image here)