The class that can QQ about update

killeresras
killeresras Posts: 236 Arc User
edited December 2013 in Venomancer
Hello everyone, so I was looking at everyone's skills that came along with New Horizons and I noticed 1 class that really didn't get anything from it. That class is the veno class, honestly none of those skills are really much of a use and of course I'm talking about in pvp. So they give everyone else these powerful high hitting merge skills and for the venos they make our unused skills slightly more useable. Few venos would dare waste spark on freeze and why the heck is stunning blow called stunning blow if it freezes and doesn't stun. Like seriously grudge strike gives only 20 chi and yes its spammable but how do I spam it with all those other classes and their kiting skills. The same applies to the other 2 skills also. Grudge strike also can increase cd of skills by 120% (YAY) only works on monsters(wtf?) Monsters don't even have skills and I doubt anyone even cares. I was looking at other threads and really nobody was worried about new veno skills at all, (LOL) I wonder why. Everyone has something to QQ about for each of the other classes, but veno update... nope.

So I think really venos were just tossed skills and not really thought much of as I'm pretty sure everyone knows venos will still have little time to try and Atk with fox form skills as all the other classes are going to be dealing massive dmg out.

Yes I feel empowered to QQ and it's justified.
Love lost is room gained
b:cute
Post edited by killeresras on

Comments

• Marengo - Lost City
    Marengo - Lost City Posts: 771 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    <sarcasm>Devs considered us to be too OP to give us something decent. We can 1shot ppl, everyone runs from us or immunes as soon he sees us, we have 2 branch of damage, physical and magic, we have pets to assist. What else do you want?</sarcasm>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/elmarise
    pw art ◊ tinyurl.com/q6ca7ar ◊
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited December 2013
    truekossy wrote: »
    It's the PWI General Discussion forum. You can make a thread about cookies and the result will be people talking about how venos are OP.

Called it years ago! b:laugh
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Venos are the reason why everyone else can't have nice things like buffs.
    Venos pls.
    Soon™
    Well, maybe later, semi-retired.
  • Mazumii - Dreamweaver
    Mazumii - Dreamweaver Posts: 270 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I hate when veno's QQ, seriosly, you guys have hercs and pheonix, can solo just about anything and farm to make a **** ton of coin, and you still QQ, there is a reason i don't help venos I'd rather fail an fc room than help a veno, ive done it before
  • Marengo - Lost City
    edited December 2013
    you guys have hercs and pheonix, can solo just about anything and farm to make a **** ton of coin
    Is this the reason many venos have alt sins and/or BMs to "solo everything"? b:laugh Hello! 2009 year passed long ago.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/elmarise
  • Mazumii - Dreamweaver
    Mazumii - Dreamweaver Posts: 270 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Is this the reason many venos have alt sins and/or BMs to "solo everything"? b:laugh Hello! 2009 year passed long ago.

maybe your just a fail veno then or maybe to lazy to learn your class
  • Marengo - Lost City
    edited December 2013
    There are no bosses in HH I cannot solo with my veno (solo = self buffed, without help of any alts), but if you do full 3-3 solo with veno only in at least 2 hours, fraps and show us how pro you are, I will admit I'm a fail veno who has no clue how to play her class b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/elmarise
  • killeresras
    edited December 2013
    Venos are the reason why everyone else can't have nice things like buffs.
    Venos pls.

That was dumb comment (opinion). Barbs can purge they do it plenty. Archers can purge doing a lot more dmg at the same time. Venos can purge. Was buffs all you could think of? Buffs are a luxury not a necessity as most of them are given by other classes
    Love lost is room gained
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited December 2013
    That was dumb comment (opinion). Barbs can purge they do it plenty. Archers can purge doing a lot more dmg at the same time. Venos can purge. Was buffs all you could think of? Buffs are a luxury not a necessity as most of them are given by other classes

Pretty sure he's not being serious. b:chuckle
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver
    DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    OPKossy wrote: »
    Pretty sure he's not being serious. b:chuckle

Also not mentioned in the patch notes; the new expansion seems to have nerfed everyones humour & sarcasm detection levels. b:shocked
    DarkSkiesx - Demon Archer
    mypers.pw/1.7/#114350

DarkSeasx - Sage Assassin
    mypers.pw/1.7/#136481

youtube.com/darkskiesx
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
  • killeresras
    edited December 2013
    I hate when veno's QQ, seriosly, you guys have hercs and pheonix, can solo just about anything and farm to make a **** ton of coin, and you still QQ, there is a reason i don't help venos I'd rather fail an fc room than help a veno, ive done it before

That was terribly sad. Venos can barely solo anything and if we can it will take a considerable amount of time. Venos haven't been able to solo big caves for a long time. Venos have the right to QQ. I hope your not a class that can apps because then you'd be talking about your own class. Yes venos can apps, but it requires a huge stat consumption limiting venos to apps and even then they have little control. Besides specifically I am talking about this update where venos got nothing compared to the other classes. Half of veno skill tree is useless fox Atks when they shouldn't be because it's ment to incorporate a huge portion of the classes potential. Then when they finally make fox skills require no accuracy it changes so nothing because all of the other classes just got huge dmg spikes meaning it will be dangerous and tough to try and hit players with close ranged fox magic.

Also pets are not OP anymore. They are OP against low geared players though.
    Also not mentioned in the patch notes; the new expansion seems to have nerfed everyones humour & sarcasm detection levels. b:shocked

Lol so true they spiked my annoyance lvl now I'm descend origen to humor.
    Love lost is room gained
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited December 2013

What has Hercules and PvE farming have anything to do with what the OP is talking about though o_o

OP is talking about PvP and compared to what some classes got, the update for Venomancers is crappy. Did Venomancers need a better boost? Maybe not but Wizards didn't need a 800% damage skill (well 400% x2) either.

In relation and comparison to this very update Venomancers got crappy stuff albeit they are not they only class. Psychic didn't get much either.
    We did need an update to some skills like Frost Scarab though. We didn't ask for OP stuff, just make our useless skills useful and if they are going to update fox attacks either make them worthwile for PvP too or give the class a PvP boost in a different area.

Anyway this is pointless anyway because it's always been like this. A class QQs, another class comes and says to stop QQing because they don't need anything. Rinse and repeat. Pretty sure you can see this in every single sub-forum for every class.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Ragamufinsin - Dreamweaver
    Ragamufinsin - Dreamweaver Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    <sarcasm>Devs considered us to be too OP to give us something decent. We can 1shot ppl, everyone runs from us or immunes as soon he sees us, we have 2 branch of damage, physical and magic, we have pets to assist. What else do you want?</sarcasm>

oi oi oi oi oi oi oi oi oi....... Venos are OP end of story.

while they are not super balanced like archers and seekers, venos do have a pretty nice and cozy spot "reserved" for them in pvp. want me to spell it?
    ok here goes:

1. PURGE: yes all caps PURGE. most classes have purge ability yes, but none have it as good as venos. barbs purge often but their's is a simple 25% skill as for the weapon the chances are lower while i dont know the exact % chance that purge has of taking effect, i am sure its greater than barbs (archers/sins/bms and whoever else can get their hands on a purge weap)

We can 1shot ppl, we have 2 branch of damage
    2. that^^ : Archers + Clerics + Seekers have the same power in this regard however with all the debuffs venos can throw it only gives that kinda OP edge. and yes.....venos do have very very very heavy dmg.

"The forgotten" Blazing barrier + immunities
    3. ur own personal invoke? except even better with 100% dmg reflection? both magic and physical? personal IG? what else should i say?

"Another forgotten" ehm, control, control, control, more control for dayz
    4. stun, seal freeze, more stun more seal, amp, puffbird blah blah blah. nuff said.

Venos OP end of story
    Hello everyone, so I was looking at everyone's skills that came along with New Horizons and I noticed 1 class that really didn't get anything from it. That class is the veno class, honestly none of those skills are really much of a use and of course I'm talking about in pvp. So they give everyone else these powerful high hitting merge skills and for the venos they make our unused skills slightly more useable. Few venos would dare waste spark on freeze and why the heck is stunning blow called stunning blow if it freezes and doesn't stun. Like seriously grudge strike gives only 20 chi and yes its spammable but how do I spam it with all those other classes and their kiting skills. The same applies to the other 2 skills also. Grudge strike also can increase cd of skills by 120% (YAY) only works on monsters(wtf?) Monsters don't even have skills and I doubt anyone even cares. I was looking at other threads and really nobody was worried about new veno skills at all, (LOL) I wonder why. Everyone has something to QQ about for each of the other classes, but veno update... nope.

So I think really venos were just tossed skills and not really thought much of as I'm pretty sure everyone knows venos will still have little time to try and Atk with fox form skills as all the other classes are going to be dealing massive dmg out.

i find this quite funny how fast u say venos didnt get good skills.

why didnt u say that sins got skill upgrades for skills that are extremely rare, rare to the point of no-one having them on some servers.

what use are the skill mergers for Ribe Strike + Puncture Wound and HeadHunt + Twin Strike if no1 have them? 2 of the 4 or 5 skills we got are completely useless and might i add that these 2 skills would easily be classed as the best skills we got except maybe Chill of the Deep.

not saying ur point is invalid, but am saying ppl got shafted worse than u guys did.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Phoenix_Eye - Heavens Tear
    Phoenix_Eye - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,681 Arc User
    edited December 2013

If you knew anything then , you would know a venomancer's herc and phoenix costs just as much as a sin's Rank or refines ... pets are sheets of glass in PVP ...

a Veno would have made your FF Pull much better ... Noxious is semi spammable AoE + DoT , Nova is a seal/freeze that stacks on Stuns , Myriad has chance for Armor/Mind Break + DoT dmg , Chi lending , reflect on pullers , aggro pulling and tanking with evolved Herc (and proper Mood) , + Aoes of Fox Form like Befuddling Mist and Malefic Crush ... let alone amplify

Veno is a class designed to provide many blessings to a squad ... it is you the ignorant and jealous idiots that make people prefer another faceroll assassin over a veno who can increase everyone's DD

Duh had to let that out

troll or what
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    <--- MALE Veno ..... Moved to G W 2 or maybe not completely , don't know ...... PW addiction
    {That TT xbow chain is one that describes someone's bowel movements after having too much spicy food. A loud **** (Thundercrack), then a burning sensation (Flash Fire), followed by an explosion of multi-colored poo-confetti (Blinding Radiance). Excellent...} By Quilue
  • killeresras
    edited December 2013

while they are not super balanced like archers and seekers, venos do have a pretty nice and cozy spot "reserved" for them in pvp. want me to spell it?
    ok here goes:

1. PURGE: yes all caps PURGE. most classes have purge ability yes, but none have it as good as venos. barbs purge often but their's is a simple 25% skill as for the weapon the chances are lower while i dont know the exact % chance that purge has of taking effect, i am sure its greater than barbs (archers/sins/bms and whoever else can get their hands on a purge weap)

2. that^^ : Archers + Clerics + Seekers have the same power in this regard however with all the debuffs venos can throw it only gives that kinda OP edge. and yes.....venos do have very very very heavy dmg.

3. ur own personal invoke? except even better with 100% dmg reflection? both magic and physical? personal IG? what else should i say?

4. stun, seal freeze, more stun more seal, amp, puffbird blah blah blah. nuff said.

Venos OP end of story

Purge lol has cd and Is not hard to avoid unless in mass pvp.
    We have 1 immunity with very very long cd.
    Since when does blazing barrier reflect magic dmg? Blazing barrier is avoidable.
    Pets? Pets get easier to kill every update and they are supposed to be the backbone of the venomancer class.
    DMG? Get Off venos are low hitters when compared to the other arcane classes at same gear.
    debuffs? It is not easy getting close to classes with spikes in dmg everyone else is getting.
    Love lost is room gained
    edited December 2013
    Purge lol has cd and Is not hard to avoid unless in mass pvp.
    We have 1 immunity with very very long cd.
    Since when does blazing barrier reflect magic dmg? Blazing barrier is avoidable.
    Pets? Pets get easier to kill every update and they are supposed to be the backbone of the venomancer class.
    DMG? Get Off venos are low hitters when compared to the other arcane classes at same gear.
    debuffs? It is not easy getting close to classes with spikes in dmg everyone else is getting.

I didnt say anything about pets, cuz as a sin i know i cant tank venos and their control/dmg + pets even with my lvl of gear. so the 1st thing goes is gonna be the pet, whether ur a mystic or veno; the pet has gotz to goz
    as to the rest of ur stuff. be it as it may, all those put together make for a very OP class. like i said its not the best balanced, but it is very OP and offenseive while being fairly good in defenseb:cute

EDIT: and whats even worse is that the venos nowadays cant be controlled cuz of Purify Spell, so there....that is ur defense......with all ur offensive shenanigans
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • helovesu
    helovesu Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    but it is very OP and offenseive while being fairly good in defenseb:cute

Are you talking about wiz and his/her physical def booster buff (stone barrier) + spell purify?b:chuckle
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Can we all agree that most people aren't happy about what their classes got?
    I honestly don't think Venomancers are the only ones that got some crappy stuff though that also doesn't change the fact that they could have done a better job with the skills while keeping the balance. I repeat, we didn't ask for OP stuff but making useless skills worth using.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • killeresras
    edited December 2013
    I didnt say anything about pets, cuz as a sin i know i cant tank venos and their control/dmg + pets even with my lvl of gear. so the 1st thing goes is gonna be the pet, whether ur a mystic or veno; the pet has gotz to goz
    as to the rest of ur stuff. be it as it may, all those put together make for a very OP class. like i said its not the best balanced, but it is very OP and offenseive while being fairly good in defenseb:cute

EDIT: and whats even worse is that the venos nowadays cant be controlled cuz of Purify Spell, so there....that is ur defense......with all ur offensive shenanigans

Venos are even faster under OP when compared to a sin. You talk about puri proc being bad? Well news flash sins pretty much have it they are only melee class with a top notch pre puri. With Tidal sins can almost not be controlled. I promise u anyone would take sin tidal over puri proc. Sins also do oodles amount of dmg and have oodles amount of outs and oodles amount of locks? Now I ask u when was the line crossed and where's the control in that?
    Can we all agree that most people aren't happy about what their classes got?
    I honestly don't think Venomancers are the only ones that got some crappy stuff though that also doesn't change the fact that they could have done a better job with the skills while keeping the balance. I repeat, we didn't ask for OP stuff but making useless skills worth using.

I can somewhat agree, but though some classes got sad update none is more upsetting than veno updates. I'm like still stuck on grudge strike, really 120% longer cd...on monsters(seriously?)
    Sorry desdi I normally agree with you, but this one is very upsetting and is definitely the worst set. U said psychics didn't get good update, but actually they have Perma locking now and they are hard hitters. Their glacial shards if sage has 60% chance to stun for 8 sec with 8 sec cd and 15 chi gain and if demon has 75% chance to stun for 6 sec with 8 sec cd and 15 chi gain.(very OP update for them)
    Love lost is room gained
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Grudge strike also can increase cd of skills by 120% (YAY) only works on monsters(wtf?)

I think that may be a mistranslation. PW has a funny way to translate stuff.

For example, there are many pet skills that have the same description as grudge strike "increase cd". However when I tested it, it wasn't anything related to Cooldowns, it was actually reduced attack rate.

• Deflectra - Sanctuary
    Deflectra - Sanctuary Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited December 2013

If it makes you feel better Psys got nerfed too, the combined skills require more chi and to top it off AOE skill ranged got nerfed too.
  • Sykarah - Heavens Tear
    Sykarah - Heavens Tear Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Hehe i've only read the first two pages of this thread and so far the people that are saying Venos dont need anything and are OP.... arent venos f:stare
    edited December 2013
    Hehe i've only read the first two pages of this thread and so far the people that are saying Venos dont need anything and are OP.... arent venos f:stare

well duh, why would venos admit they are OP when crying about something? it would totally kill the point they trying to make right???
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sykarah - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2013

ok here goes:

Venos OP end of story

i find this quite funny how fast u say venos didnt get good skills.

why didnt u say that sins got skill upgrades for skills that are extremely rare, rare to the point of no-one having them on some servers.

what use are the skill mergers for Ribe Strike + Puncture Wound and HeadHunt + Twin Strike if no1 have them? 2 of the 4 or 5 skills we got are completely useless and might i add that these 2 skills would easily be classed as the best skills we got except maybe Chill of the Deep.

not saying ur point is invalid, but am saying ppl got shafted worse than u guys did.

Ok I have to comment here.
    1) Yes other classes have 2 branches of skills, HOWEVER Clerics second branch is heals. Heals that are 100% necessary, and make them clerics. Debuffs? Amp/Purge are in veno, but hardly anything else. Seekers have buffs. Thats great, with ours its a fox form branch, fox form we never use besides 2 skills. 8 useless skills.

2)Also my cleric with her vitality build, sharing same weapon and all gear as my veno, hits harder than my veno with a pure mag build. Veno is also higher level. Venos do lack a little more attack than other classes.

3) Our 'invoke' lasts 15 seconds and reduces damage by 75%. our 'IG' is nice. CD is horrible and in pvp, it lasts too long so the opponent realizes oh she IGed... lets get ready to murder her when she gets out and wont have time to react (true story. everytime)

4) Our only seal requires 2 sparks, 3 second channel with 2 second cast, and isnt garanteed to stun the target. . Our stun is a 2 second stun. Bewitch is a morai skill, those are your puffpuff birds. Requires fox form and chi. Those are your stuns. Clerics have ridiculous stuns, BMs are just insane. Sins can stunlock.

5) Our purge is our best pvp skill hands down. But, 1v1 it doesnt work too well because lets do the math shall we? Purge requires fox form. So, go into fox form, purge, then wait for 6 seconds to switch back into human to attack again. In that time you are assuming the opponent is not going to stun/attack. You cannot deal ANY worthwhile attack in fox form. Back to point 1.

We might not have it worse than ANY other class, however, we DEFINATELY have the right to complain. Please don't assume all venos are op. People fear Venos yes, but assuming we are very well off means you really dont know what your talking about /:
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    Slivaf - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,106 Arc User
    edited December 2013

Going to try to avoid joining the discussion about whether venos are oped or not, still I do want to add my two cents in about that comment.

--

On one hand, just because there isn't a veno chiming in and saying veno's are still going to be fine, or are fine, it doesn't mean that veno's are in need of a change.

Yet on the other hand, even if there was a few venos chiming in and saying that exact line or something very similar to it... it too doesn't mean that venos aren't in need of change.

^ Both goes for ANY and all classes in game. The truth of the matter is that pwi has struggled immensely to balance things out completely for everyone, and really even if it was truly balanced out, there would still be a few who feel things are imbalanced. (Some advantages/skills really tip that scale of balance.)

(EDIT:) To be comepltely honest though I think a lot of people are still trying to figure out exactly how hard these skills hit, and just how much it effects gameplay in the game, I am sure given enough time people will join in on one side or the other.

--

Anyways you all feel free to ignore my post and go back to the discussion (NOTICE my lack of calling it a QQ) about whether or not venos are... or aren't overpowered.

Enjoy the discussion.
    Ah, Mistakes are so easily made. ~ laura resnick

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
  • Sykarah - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2013
    "
    ^ Both goes for ANY and all classes in game. The truth of the matter is that pwi has struggled immensely to balance things out completely for everyone, and really even if it was truly balanced out, there would still be a few who feel things are imbalanced. (Some advantages/skills really tip that scale of balance.)

(EDIT:) To be comepltely honest though I think a lot of people are still trying to figure out exactly how hard these skills hit, and just how much it effects gameplay in the game, I am sure given enough time people will join in on one side or the other.
    "
    ^^^That is very true. No matter what someone will always QQ. :) And yeah only time will tell how bad or good the new skills are...
  • DionDagger - Dreamweaver
    DionDagger - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,140 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Ok I have to comment here.
    1) Yes other classes have 2 branches of skills, HOWEVER Clerics second branch is heals. Heals that are 100% necessary, and make them clerics. Debuffs? Amp/Purge are in veno, but hardly anything else. Seekers have buffs. Thats great, with ours its a fox form branch, fox form we never use besides 2 skills. 8 useless skills. Just because you consider a skill useless doesn't make it so. Most sins consider twin strike useless, but that's not true.

2)Also my cleric with her vitality build, sharing same weapon and all gear as my veno, hits harder than my veno with a pure mag build. Veno is also higher level. Venos do lack a little more attack than other classes. Veno's power comes from stripping your opponent of things, then attacking, also a lot of monsters are wood based, and veno's do mainly wood damage, so it gets reduced. I advise you check that before making that assumption.

3) Our 'invoke' lasts 15 seconds and reduces damage by 75%. our 'IG' is nice. CD is horrible and in pvp, it lasts too long so the opponent realizes oh she IGed... lets get ready to murder her when she gets out and wont have time to react (true story. everytime) If you have a built in IG, you can always use regular IG after >.>. And if it last longer than IG, wtf do you have to complain about? If they killed you, YOU are the reason you died. Make like a sin and gtfo.

4) Our only seal requires 2 sparks, 3 second channel with 2 second cast, and isnt garanteed to stun the target. . Our stun is a 2 second stun. Bewitch is a morai skill, those are your puffpuff birds. Requires fox form and chi. Those are your stuns. Clerics have ridiculous stuns, BMs are just insane. Sins can stunlock. This is just so wrong. Cleric are the only class without a stun AND an anti stun (besides purify), and a sin stunlock isnt anything to worry about unless they are aps and you have low grade gear. Sin locks require extreme amounts of chi and timing to get right, and I can assure you most sins make slight ** ups.

5) Our purge is our best pvp skill hands down. But, 1v1 it doesnt work too well because lets do the math shall we? Purge requires fox form. So, go into fox form, purge, then wait for 6 seconds to switch back into human to attack again. In that time you are assuming the opponent is not going to stun/attack. You cannot deal ANY worthwhile attack in fox form. Back to point 1. Point zero: Veno's have an anti-stun/purify built into summer sprint. Are you too stupid to use it? You could easily CC your enemy if you managed to purge their antistun as well. Most of which can be done with your pet, or other fox form attacks.

We might not have it worse than ANY other class, however, we DEFINATELY have the right to complain. Please don't assume all venos are op. People fear Venos yes, but assuming we are very well off means you really dont know what your talking about /:
    Everyone has a right to complain. The question is whether or not they should. Since veno's are really needing anything, I would say they shouldn't, even if they have the right to. I don't fear veno's but they have a lot going for them atm, and are more balanced than some other classes *cough seekers cough*. Take pride in that and quit ur whining.
    a venomancer's herc and phoenix costs just as much as a sin's Rank or refines
    troll or what

Are you just stupid or what? Lets compare prices on DW for a herc and r8+refines shall we? A herc runs about 75m on DW, r8 during sale=200k rep=46m. Non-sale r8=200k rep= 90-100m.

Refining a peice of gear(r8 chest) on DW to +10.

2m for the chest
    +5-15m average for +7 with tishas and teinkangs
    +120m for 3 +10 orbs when on sale

127-137m just for the chest+refines
    +46m
    163-173m for r8 chest

That's excluding shards. All you have to do is level a herc, which is normally free.
  • SadieMae - Lost City
    SadieMae - Lost City Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Venos are not the farmers or pvp threats they once were... They can still do most things solo, but there isn't anything they can do better than other classes.
    Farming with a herc can be done, if you have lots of time. It's much easier to use a sin for almost all types of farming.
    Nixes are no longer the pk threat they once were either. They can still take away health pretty fast, but most people have so much hp now that nixes usually aren't a big factor. It's really only lower levels that need to worry about fighting them.
    People have said that venos have both physical and magic attacks. This is true for many other classes too. The problem is that to hit hard in fox form you must have lots of strength. Which means less points for magic. So you can have one or the other, but not be good with both. Compare to this: clerics' physical attack is based on mag attack, archers' mag attacks are based on physical attacks, so there isn't a compromise like with venos.
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Well, I guess we can all agree that this update was kinda disappointing when it comes to skills, for everyone. And, this is disappointing because we we expecting more power as when Morai came up. This time is just adjustment to some skills. In the veno's case almost all the skills upgraded or merged were skills which we almost didn't use. The big exception is redstone. Redstone is the merge a core skill for venos, and somewhat useful skill. The skill is nice, but it needs different icons for each debuff in the demon version.
  • Marengo - Lost City
    edited December 2013
    Just because you consider a skill useless doesn't make it so. Most sins consider twin strike useless, but that's not true.
    I hear this statement every now and then. But no one ever proved the skills he is talking to, referring to another class, are really useful. If you claim they are, show an example. If I see how AA veno kills an equally geared player relying on her foxfom attack skills I will reconsider my attitude towards them b:chuckle But before this... I had enough time to see what damage they can do and how "easy" it is to use melee attack without any reliable ability to CC your target in fox form.

Yes, we, venos, know better :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/elmarise