Venomancer PVP Discussion and Videos

Comments

• Marengo - Lost City
    Marengo - Lost City Posts: 771 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Desdi, nice TWs you have there :D
    Video is quite ok. Hard to say though if it made much difference if defensive squad went to defend and clear the base instead of counterattacking. I suppose you raced to kill crystal faster.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/elmarise
    pw art ◊ tinyurl.com/q6ca7ar ◊
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    you picked so much on my cleric this fight u.u QQ leave my poor g16 +5/+6 cleric alone! D;<
    I agree it was awesome fun TW.. however i would have liked if you didnt cut out so many parts and not only showing when ur apo etc arent on cooldown. But you did a good job :) dangerous venomancer...

I didn't meant to b:cry but I had to kill you.
    I heavily edited the video because I had a 3 hour long footage and I didn't want to make a 30+ minute video b:surrender because of that I had to do a lot of cutting but next time I'll try to do a better job at editing it.

@ Marengo - this is partially the fault of my editing (what I just mentioned above). I left a lot of defending footage out of the video because it felt like it was just repetitive (debuff catas, try to kill clerics, kill leftovers, rinse and repeat) but towards the end defence became more offensive because we were running out of time and the defending faciton would win anyway. In that aspect, we had nothing to lose but try and push harder.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Marengo - Lost City
    edited November 2013

@ Marengo - this is partially the fault of my editing (what I just mentioned above). I left a lot of defending footage out of the video because it felt like it was just repetitive (debuff catas, try to kill clerics, kill leftovers, rinse and repeat) but towards the end defence became more offensive because we were running out of time and the defending faciton would win anyway. In that aspect, we had nothing to lose but try and push harder.
    Yeah, i understood, was just referring to the last scene in the enemy's base.
    Here i agree, i consider racing as the last resort, but sometimes result can be really unpredictable.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/elmarise
  • Satyrion - Sanctuary_1389862626
    Satyrion - Sanctuary_1389862626 Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    but at least good to see you arent total immune to extreme poison f:hehe
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited November 2013
    Ahh, I see better now what you meant. We indeed raced to the crystals but unfortunately the opposing faction took the crystal down faster (we would have lost either way at that point as we had about 5-10 minutes left in the TW). We were told to stick to where we were though I don't know if there was any defence squad left in base at the time.

And..let's not talk about..that...EP thing <.< >.>
  • FoxsGurl - Dreamweaver
    FoxsGurl - Dreamweaver Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    So place a few more fox skills on skill bars and was trying them out this weeks nws
    here the first video.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DUvrKkDkKf4 will edit the second video sometime this week and post it up. still working out the kinks but i could see some fox skills debuffs working, thanks for the tips everyone f:grin
  • Marengo - Lost City
    edited November 2013
    thanks for the tips everyone f:grin
    Rather well for full magic veno =) Liked use of skills in 2nd half of vid more :)
    And some tips:
    What program do you use? Fraps is considered to be the best, besides it records only game window so you don't need to cut extra interface which distracts while watching.
    Fighting tip:
    Hitting cleric with purify spell wep with nix is not a good idea, you purified her several times :D
    Sometimes purge just so needed when target is very tanky, but I also not always purge at first, hoping for extra points for dealing damage, it's NW after all b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/elmarise
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited November 2013
    The tip I'd like to give to Foxsgurl is to avoid using Fossilized Cursed on AAs. It's much more effective on physical classes for these reasons:

- it's a huge accuracy debuff that makes them almost unable to hit you (does not affect magic)
    - it's a big attack rate debuff; rather useful for the auto-attacking Archers
    - it removes the target's magic defence buff so it can work as a "half purge" especially when actual purge is on cooldown, HA/LA are usually susceptible to magic damage (talking about the average player not full endgame)
    - it deals magic damage (just like how Arcane Antinomy is our physical damage in human, this one is our magic damage in fox form)

It has a long-ish cooldown so I prefer to save it for when it's really needed.
  • FoxsGurl - Dreamweaver
    FoxsGurl - Dreamweaver Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    @ Desdi - Not a bad idea, i have noticed the difference using Fossilized Curse on AAs prepare to melee. think im used to using it because besides purge and amp there wasn't another fox skill that i had been using, so to put that extra hit while fox form on cd i used it, does do ok damage tho. but i will try to use it a little less against AA and try and save it for when its needed on Melee DD cause of its cd

@Mareengo - i have always been using Camtasia stuido, at first .7 and now .8 . i have tried fraps but after trying it out i couldn't get the black screen to go away from recordingsf:sweat
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited November 2013
    Mhm I don't think it's a bad skill damage wise but due to cooldown I'm picky on when I use it or who I use it on xD
  • Jacerai - Dreamweaver
    Jacerai - Dreamweaver Posts: 943 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I am learning quite a bit on this thread. b:thanks
    b:cute The world may be small, but it is far from known.

Why the rage? It's a draining emotion.

Me: DaValentine (veno), Jaceraie (mystic), etc etc etc b:chuckle
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited November 2013
    This Saturday's TW was really short. It looks like we outnumbered the enemy.
    I did record it but it's quite pointless to make a video out of it, no real fun fights. I got to drop a lot of Novas this round though f:victory
  • SmurfJegeren - Dreamweaver
    SmurfJegeren - Dreamweaver Posts: 284 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Finnally will get some footage out again. Our lil faction was 4 way ganked in TW this weekend so theres plenty of footage. Tho it ended up being 20v whatever the enemy was; wemanaged to secure two victories. Alas itll take a while to edit n find footage out of the gours recorded. But ill post whenever I get it up
    No I dont have a herc, I AM the herc! b:mischievous

Youtube channel for NW vids: /channel/UCV9DguJZ0LGMlv5IorA5kVg

Please do drop by n tell me hints on how to improve c:
    Current build for pwcalc: /bd6d5c1459cf7d94
    edited November 2013
    The TW vid is up now. Due to length it took ages x: iffy music but was too lazy to find several songs to string together x:

• Sparklecat - Harshlands
    Sparklecat - Harshlands Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    New vid from this weekend's TW. Enjoy!b:byeb:cute
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NdVg7uXoSOg
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited November 2013
    I haven't been around here since I didn't have anything to upload.
    I watched the recent upload of both; nothing much to add to be honest.

My only comment goes to Smurf. Sometimes you'd be idle or run around and I think those moments were good to switch forms for some chi.

I was watching some videos of another Sage Venomancer of my server (TW videos) and I was surprised that she was also not abusing Fox Form as much as I'd personally do it. A friend, however, pointed out to me something that made sense. Sage Venomancers are probably not completely used to switching Fox Form constantly and at any given opportunity whilst Demons are mostly used to it as it's something they always abuse for speed.

I started playing a Demon and played/tried Sage much later and when this Fox Form update hit us it was something absolutely normal for me to switch forms constantly and squeeze some form switching anywhere. On the other hand, for a long time I kept going Fox Form for speed out of habit when playing Sage x.x
    edited November 2013
    My idleness is also caused by the dact that my connection stinks and I sometimes will just be standing there for a few seconds cause of it. I also have a different reason to not abuse it. And its cause I try to always be ready to figgt. And utilizing bith forms in doing so; make me want to avoid the 6 seconds of cooldown in case of being jumped 3:

• Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited November 2013
    Oh yeah, lag happens xD
    edited November 2013
    Had an amazingly awesome NW tonight, wonder if its cause of the loads more of higher end enemies. Either way, tried out unfinished G16 gear with O'malleys, and I was taking beatings like a proper tank. Also got the Puffbird to use and trying to get better at using fox form. This thread really helps alot in getting stronger c: I will post a vid later, when Im able to sit down with it. 5:12 in the morning so... Ty for awesome feedback :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CN8U-jdT2r0

I would like some feedback on this if possible c: I know some mistakes I do, but a bit better tips on this type of fights would help alot c: ty

• PanboyAir - Sanctuary
    PanboyAir - Sanctuary Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    hallo veno frienz:

I haven't made a video in a while, but that's only because I try to show something interesting in my videos. I've watched some of the new videos in this thread, and I realized there is a lack of people using 2-spark and 3-spark.

So some of you guys might think I'm being ridiculous to make a video to discuss sparking, lol. But before anything else, I'd like to clarify how venomancer celestial and demonic sparks work. They are unique to all other caster sparks
    Sage
    Detonates all three Sparks to recover 20% of your maximum MP.
    Grants bonus damage equal to 900% of magic attack
    plus 500% of weapon damage for 15 seconds.
    You also become immune to all damage for 3 seconds.

Demon
    Detonates all three Sparks to recover 20% of your maximum MP.
    Grants bonus damage equal to 700% of magic attack
    plus 650% of weapon damage for 15 seconds.
    You also become immune to all damage for 3 seconds.

APPLIES TO PHYSICAL ATTACK ONLY.

So sage venomancer spark get the highest damage effect compared to all other casters. However, due to low skill damage on venos, and lack of human form debuffs like demon venos have, it hardly seems worth it to spark. However, when you do spark, don't waste your time on the small damage skills like venomous scarab. go for the biggest hitting skills you have: ironwood and noxious gas.

Also, the status bar icon for veno 2-spark is the same as 3-spark. Both sage veno sparks are white. Sneaky sneaky!

Other thread about fighting psychics. Here's my advice. Depends on their genie. If they got an all-out survival genie with anti-wood genie, then you'd have to chi drain and gamble myriads and demon ironwood until you get some proc. Of course you need to lock them down and build your own chi meanwhile. I'm also a very good psychic from my past life. One thing that people might not realize is that psychics don't have enough earth skills to spam if you use anti-water. So with no damage enhancers which costs sparks (don't let them have any), they can not kill you under oxygen bubble. Also keep Blazing barrier up.

Desdi has been super mad that I've been skipping kissy kissy time to play dota, so I've come back to empower venos once again!

Eruption
    I haven't posted on my main because I can't decide on a 105 Venomancer forum avatar.b:cute

youtube.com/user/DietSnappleRaspberry
    edited November 2013
    I think sparks is something that most venos take into consideration when choosing cultivation path. The 900% was a big part of why I went sage as well as the way better (imo) fox form debuffs. I will always lack magical damage as HA, but the sage spark followed by either fossil or ironwood often deal immense damage. Howver I find myself short of any good follow up after lucky + ironwood if im not to use venomous (the chi gain also aids in possible use of say.. frost scarab)

• Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited November 2013
    Yup, some LA builds in the past used to choose Demon for the higher physical damage increase from spark which benefited their fox form damage. I guess it applied to some HAs too.
    edited December 2013
    Its understandable to choose the spark for melee damage. It gives more % increase than any other class. Even in human form they beat other classes with masteries added. Tho its a bit off topic, I feel that both LA with demon spark, or HA with sage (like myself) sort of sort of isnt going all the way melee still. Just like its not focusing entirely on magic for either. By this I ofcean for alternative builds as neither can get the magic damage of a pure AA.

But an LA veno got more magical stats available than a HA, while the HA got over twice as much strength compared to an LA (and 5 times more than AA). Making LA the better caster and HA the better melee fighter. Its almost a bit ironic that most HA I know chose sage to make up for the lack of casting (instead of going all out fox melee) while LA (tho now this build is even more rare than HA) used to go demon for their lack in melee abilities instead of going all out casting 3:

• PanboyAir - Sanctuary
    PanboyAir - Sanctuary Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    30s Cooldown

New video of me fighting some sins, pretty well geared, but not max. First video with 1v1 segments against non- +12 armor people. There's only 1 maxed out sin on server, and well. He borrows my gear, so we can't exactly fight each other at the same time if someone missing gear.

Can I post my usual gameplay strategies later? I've been very busy lately.
    I haven't posted on my main because I can't decide on a 105 Venomancer forum avatar.b:cute

youtube.com/user/DietSnappleRaspberry
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited December 2013
    Popped a TW video. It's been a while; busy with college and stuffs.
    It's actually two TWs together. Read the description of the video for more information (I just don't want to repeat myself since I included everything there already f:shame ) Feedback's always welcome~

Love it when I Nova and then get ganked!
  • Aeliah - Dreamweaver
    Aeliah - Dreamweaver Posts: 784 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    It's actually two TWs together. Read the description of the video for more information (I just don't want to repeat myself since I included everything there already f:shame ) Feedback's always welcome~

Really good. Nice combos and mix of debuffing and dd. Just need to work a bit on danger awareness. There were about 5 or 6 spots in video I was mentally screaming at you to 'get baaaack'. About 4 of those times you died shortly afterwards, lol.

I couldn't tell you exactly how many enemies I need to see before I get nervous, but my instinct is usually pretty good where this is concerned. Of course, I wasn't counting the couple of times you did some beautiful suicide paranovas that hit a ton of people, just general stuff where you had the opportunity to kite but chose to push instead then died. Just comes with practice I think, and if you review your older videos and compare them to new ones, I bet you'll notice how much you've improved. I think most people can improve where this is concerned, which certainly goes for myself as well!
    YOUTUBE CHANNEL:
    youtube.com/user/csquaredcsquared

CLERIC PV GUIDE (complete):
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1531411

CLERIC PK GUIDE (Incomplete):
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=18027931
  • helovesu
    helovesu Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited December 2013

Could you please show us your monkey king's inherit status, its mood skill, and overall status it has?
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited December 2013
    helovesu wrote: »
    Could you please show us your monkey king's inherit status, its mood skill, and overall status it has?

I just finished uploading a monkey testing video here. I hope that answers some of your questions. Also check here.

@ Aeliah - To be honest, I felt like that too especially when the mystic bombed me with Absorb Soul which, for some odd reason, I didn't pay attention to. I was trying to get used to using the monkey (really had no time to play with it due to RL) so I think that kinda messed up my danger awareness although other times I think I panic too much and I overuse my panic buttons. I need to work on that balance b:laugh

You're are right though, practice is all you need. I originally started recording my videos so I could "study myself" and what I do. I could guess this applies for most people.
  • Sykarah - Heavens Tear
    Sykarah - Heavens Tear Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Hmm maybe someone here can give me good advice.
    My biggest issues with pvp is stuns. I have fortify/AD but somehow stun gets me and basically, I know im screwed. Im AA veno, +6 nirvy s3. I have 8001 (-.-) hp non buffed, and shards are physical defense. But still, When a sin, cleric, blademaster, anybody stuns me theres nothing I can do and I die. One combo people seem to use, blademasters at least, is smack. They smack, reel me in, stun (i do try and fortify) And beat me to death. :c Its like I dont even have time to react. This also helps them get around bramble hood. What am I supposed to do there? I do stay in fox form as much as possible, but Its just not enough. If I can get them out of range to stun, I tend to Lucky scarab and use that time to nova to seal, then after that killing isnt too bad. Its when I get stunned I have issues. When I hood myself they stun lock me till its over, somehow add on another stun, then kill me.

I don't have bewitch YET. I do have a nixxy but I dont have bleed skill everyone talks about?

Do you guys use bramble hood in duels or PK? How often? In 1v1 do you purge when they spark or just run like hell? Do you spark? Any tricks I can use with Nixxy?

Right now I'm feeling so hopeless that I cant defend myself well enough. I can accept the fact I'm gonna get one shot, but the stun locks >:|

I have a cleric and because of plume shield I can hang on till after stuns. Veno I cant. They share the same gear.
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited December 2013
    Hmm maybe someone here can give me good advice.
    My biggest issues with pvp is stuns. I have fortify/AD but somehow stun gets me and basically, I know im screwed. Im AA veno, +6 nirvy s3. I have 8001 (-.-) hp non buffed, and shards are physical defense. But still, When a sin, cleric, blademaster, anybody stuns me theres nothing I can do and I die. One combo people seem to use, blademasters at least, is smack. They smack, reel me in, stun (i do try and fortify) And beat me to death. :c Its like I dont even have time to react. This also helps them get around bramble hood. What am I supposed to do there? I do stay in fox form as much as possible, but Its just not enough. If I can get them out of range to stun, I tend to Lucky scarab and use that time to nova to seal, then after that killing isnt too bad. Its when I get stunned I have issues. When I hood myself they stun lock me till its over, somehow add on another stun, then kill me.

Do you guys use bramble hood in duels or PK? How often? In 1v1 do you purge when they spark or just run like hell? Do you spark? Any tricks I can use with Nixxy?

Right now I'm feeling so hopeless that I cant defend myself well enough. I can accept the fact I'm gonna get one shot, but the stun locks >:|

I have a cleric and because of plume shield I can hang on till after stuns. Veno I cant. They share the same gear.

Stuns are usually meant to be used to lock someone down and kill them or give them the window to apply debuffs on you so it's normal that you mostly die once they lock you down especially when your gear can't tank the hits (gear differences and such).

Ways to break out of stun is Badge of Courage (requires Dex based genie) or Faith (no AD or Expel though if genie not lvl105).
    As a Sage your only anti-stun is Natural Synergy. Your chi should be good to use it at times (requires a pet). Fortify is ok but I personally prefer to keep it at lvl1 and use it exclusively for Fortify + IG or Fortify + Feral Concentration combo.

Otherwise you can hit AD after being stunned to prevent attacks/debuffs landing on you or try to use Wind Shield to reduce damage taken (sometimes it helps).

If you see certain stun/death incoming try using IG/PanGu/Feral/Sutra to become immune. During this time frame, however, don't just run away but try to be agressive and go in for the kill.

My PvP experience as Sage is limited so that's all I can think of right now. I mostly play Demon.

The "bleed" people are talking about is Flesh Ream. That skill is broken in PvP and deals full damage. It only tickles on well geared players but it's still effective on lower geared ones. Combine it with your Ironwood.

I purge triple sparks if the skill is not on cooldown but once you get Bewitch you can also use that to seal them and prevent them from attacking. Make sure you time it though or it's gonna be resisted.

Bramble Hood...I actually don't use it as much because usually Blazing Barrier is enough for me. Hood is probably more needed though for someone in Nirvana gear. My server also has a high AA population and as a AA build myself I can mostly take the hits unless heavily ganked or nasty crit lands on me.

Spark works for Sages due easier chi making and lack of human form debuffs compared to Demon. In TW/NW though you better save the chi to spam Nova and if heavily ganked you'll need things like Bramble Hood.

As for the Phoenix, you can try setting it on defend with Pounce on auto so that when they attack/stun you, your pet will stun them. Won't work if they have anti-stun though but sometimes it works and helps breaking their stunlock combo giving you a window to escape.