Final Compensation - For All (12.12.13 UPDATED)

Comments

• Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Banning them won't really do much.

Most people will be unbanned after 3 days or so. People will just send ticket claiming they did it by accident and whatnot. Highly doubt you'll see any permanent bans.
    A lot of people got more orbs than they were supposed to by accident; refreshing page thinking their code didn't go through.
    I doubt they'll be able to successfully track everybody who abused given the history of the goon glitchers.
    Once people are unbanned everything will just be the same.

The only "solutions" I see are giving out a new working code for those who didn't manage to redeem any or a rollback on all servers to the point of the last back up they did (god knows when that was).

Either solution will result in rage, QQ, unhappy players and people thinking of quitting.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • TemptingFire - Dreamweaver
    TemptingFire - Dreamweaver Posts: 129 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I see one flaw with everyone's ban them "solution".
    This is unfair to those who did not abuse the code and only received the compensation items ONCE. Why punish those who abide by the rules because of those who abused it? To ban all users who received the compensation items it would be highly unfair.

Don't punish the users for the GM's mistake. Mistakes happen. They will get it sorted out and i'm sure they will go about releasing a new code differently. Some people who have been in the game for ages are greedy, that tends to happen. I've played pwi for a long time and put a lot of time, money, and effort into it over the years.

If my account gets banned for receiving something ONCE, while others received it many times its beyond unfair. And all of my hard work would be for naught for them to turn around and tell me i can no longer play a game i have been playing since it came out of beta because of their mistake.
  • bluesmist
    bluesmist Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    what would happen, I just redeem about 1 million DQ Points, am I going to lose all of that? b:cry
  • jairoluis
    jairoluis Posts: 215 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    will the expansion fix all this problems??? i heard you might go back to level 1 tho
    bann for those players??? wow.... we are talking about thousands of players... and you know...some people has more than 1 account
    rollback might fix the problem... althought it sux but ...do we have any option???
    eliminate temporary the orbs??? naaah that goes too far
    sadly we agreed to pwi's terms of service
    we need a solution b:surrenderb:surrenderb:surrender
  • fkcpwe
    fkcpwe Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    well first off question how can you ban someone for something you give them? i mean PWI posted this code on facebook.
    Secondly what about the people they would have to ban how does that make then happy you would lose over 75% of DW know this for a fact.
    and thrid what about the people that only used the code once still ban them hmm kinda seems unfair considering PWI posted the code on facebook.
    they just need to do a rollback to the way it was before they released the code and let it go from there it hasnt even been 24 hours yet so you wont lose but maybe 1 day of farming wow like that is really gonna make a difference.

I think they only backup on maintenance days :x
  • Dspeck - Raging Tide
    Dspeck - Raging Tide Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    losing one day can affect some of us...not our fault ppl did this :(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Eutrepete for awesome siggy <3
  • AliceAdams - Lost City
    AliceAdams - Lost City Posts: 308 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I'm sure someone posted this, but I'm not reading 200 pages.

You simply cannot ban the abusers for 2 reasons:

1) There'd be no one playing the game.
    2) I only put the code in once on my alt account and it sent me 3. This is not my fault, and I know others that had this happen. Should I be punished because the system glitched?

At this point, their best options are either a rollback or +10 everyone's gear on every server.
    My 69 seeker with the npc gear would be SO op...b:chuckle

It's extremely unfair that some of us only got one or none at all, while a good chunk of people will now have all of their gear +10.
    I'M 103 YOU STUPID AVATAR!!!
    b:angryf:fume
  • Boomz - Harshlands
    Boomz - Harshlands Posts: 516 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    there should be an update soon on everything... i hope
    ░░░░███████]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂ cause i can't make art, so i made
    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤this awesome tank.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] 1 shot king. LV 150 FSP bosses hit for 3m. Top Player hit record: 652,656.
  • WilliamTell - Raging Tide
    WilliamTell - Raging Tide Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    jess1814 wrote: »
    im sorry you have had nothing else to do past 2 days o.o

That's like having someone spend 2 days typing up a huge report for you, only to tell them you're sorry they had nothing else to do for 2 days, and they have to do it again, Mr. 2 posts.
    ...A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day. An hour of woes and shattered shields, when the heavens come crashing down! But it is not this day! This day we fight! By all that you hold dear in this world, I bid you stand, warriors of Pellucidar!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • imnotwraith
    imnotwraith Posts: 251 Arc User
    edited November 2013

CM said at 11:04 that he wants to update in the next hour
  • sashka300991
    sashka300991 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    shivyz wrote: »
    Everyone Please, think bout this, if they DOOOO a roll back, think bout HOOOWWW its gonna affect ppls progress since that last point!!! All they have to do, is lower the refine lvlz of ppl who used the d orbs from packs and get rid of the excess Dorbs, Would u want all u worked for in that time to just BE REset??? ppl who want roll backs think bout other and not just what UUUUU want. Sorry if I affended anyone but this had to be said.
    i agree...i made so much stuffs in last 2 days...61mil coins, g15 gearz, got molds for g16 again cose last time they took my my g16 items...and now what, ill lose it again...no way...Pwi need to fix this fast without dmg ppl who earned something
  • fkcpwe
    fkcpwe Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    losing one day can affect some of us...not our fault ppl did this :(

Glad someone agrees with me b:surrender
  • shivyz
    shivyz Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    They Wont just roll back 1 dayh They will roll back till that last point they backed UPPP pwi, and it isn't our fault is the faults of the PPL who thought it was good idea to abuse this good, there jerks in my opinion and don't belong here
  • Dspeck - Raging Tide
    edited November 2013
    I see one flaw with everyone's ban them "solution".
    This is unfair to those who did not abuse the code and only received the compensation items ONCE. Why punish those who abide by the rules because of those who abused it? To ban all users who received the compensation items it would be highly unfair.

Don't punish the users for the GM's mistake. Mistakes happen. They will get it sorted out and i'm sure they will go about releasing a new code differently. Some people who have been in the game for ages are greedy, that tends to happen. I've played pwi for a long time and put a lot of time, money, and effort into it over the years.

If my account gets banned for receiving something ONCE, while others received it many time its beyond unfair. And all of my hard work would be for naught for them to turn around and tell me i can no longer play a game i have been playing since it came out of beta because of their mistake.
    Everyone Please, think bout this, if they DOOOO a roll back, think bout HOOOWWW its gonna affect ppls progress since that last point!!! All they have to do, is lower the refine lvlz of ppl who used the d orbs from packs and get rid of the excess Dorbs, Would u want all u worked for in that time to just BE REset??? ppl who want roll backs think bout other and not just what UUUUU want. Sorry if I affended anyone but this had to be said.

ikr it seems like some ppl don't want competition lol!

Idea**** PWI give new code, with proper restrictions to ppl who didnt get the orb packs..and not let the ones who acct already used old code!! :D idc if ppl want to be dishonest, but I DO NOT want me + others to be punished for it :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Abonimus - Raging Tide
    Abonimus - Raging Tide Posts: 668 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I'm sure someone posted this, but I'm not reading 200 pages.

You simply cannot ban the abusers for 2 reasons:

1) There'd be no one playing the game.
    2) I only put the code in once on my alt account and it sent me 3. This is not my fault, and I know others that had this happen. Should I be punished because the system glitched?

At this point, their best options are either a rollback or +10 everyone's gear on every server.
    My 69 seeker with the npc gear would be SO op...b:chuckle

It's extremely unfair that some of us only got one or none at all, while a good chunk of people will now have all of their gear +10.

Hey i would have loved those 2 event cards someone spoke about ... 100 event gold is a raptor i wanted for a while now and some charms that are usefull for me b:laugh

Also 5 hyper exp xD but oh well i got nothing and now it seems , if they do rollback , even those coins i did earn are going poof
    Only thing worst then a troll is a brainless troll ...
  • WilliamTell - Raging Tide
    WilliamTell - Raging Tide Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Hello Perfect World citizens!

We've finalized our compensation efforts for the past month of various issues that have affected many of you this holiday season.

-Redeem the following code to any character on any server for a collection of goodies including bound dragon orbs! The code is redeemable once per account.

6JMMAAB

Code ends on Sunday, November 24th @ 11:59 PM PST

We thank all of you who have stayed with us during these turbulent times, and please continue being awesome!

-PW Team

UPDATE:
    We've disabled the code while we investigate the situation of code abuse.

Code abuse? You posted a code, and should have expected the site to be flooded. Secondly, on the redeem page, you put in the page 'this code can only be used once every 10 minutes'. Huh... That sounds like you can use it more than once, doesn't it? Other codes give 'this code has already been used'. Inconsistency. Thirdly, when people were trying to redeem the code, thinking it had failed because of page errors, and either tried again or refreshed the page, so that they could at least get the reward at all, they got another reward, not by intention at all, but due to the bad idea of posting a code and leading to the site being under heavy traffic. Whose idea was that? Sure, call 'code abuse' when it was the programmer's fault in the first place. Any good programmer knows to put checks in place to prevent something like this, and any site administrator should know what kind of traffic he will be expecting based on player count, and should be prepared.
    ...A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day. An hour of woes and shattered shields, when the heavens come crashing down! But it is not this day! This day we fight! By all that you hold dear in this world, I bid you stand, warriors of Pellucidar!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited November 2013

Nice tank, and I hope they won't put the update in the middle of the thread. xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • vitoryxxxx
    vitoryxxxx Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Dear gm's if you are on this thread the rage is here
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1644701&page=29
    roll back the dam server
  • Dspeck - Raging Tide
    edited November 2013
    That's like having someone spend 2 days typing up a huge report for you, only to tell them you're sorry they had nothing else to do for 2 days, and they have to do it again, Mr. 2 posts.

+1 i agree this arguing is insane..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • shivyz
    edited November 2013
    ikr it seems like some ppl don't want competition lol!

Idea**** PWI give new code, with proper restrictions to ppl who didnt get the orb packs..and not let the ones who acct already used old code!! :D idc if ppl want to be dishonest, but I DO NOT want me + others to be punished for it :P

competition aint a bad thing, its just ppl who worked hard for it diserve to be where they are, and ppl who used those excess d orbs are getting it for nothing, its unfair. and it isn't our fault really, its those ppls whoabuse the codes fault, I think they don't belong here. no offense to anyone
  • Toliman - Raging Tide
    Toliman - Raging Tide Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    My character now has 5k HP, with 3 level of refine on one item he would have about 300HP more, this is 6% of original HP or 5 level 9 gems, which I can't put in my items already (has not more sockets).

Rollback only, to play fair game.
  • eeepsilon
    eeepsilon Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    The best way to get the highest approval rating among those who play the game would be to ban everyone who used the code.

As you can see, right now it is a loose-loose situation.

1. If you roll back, people will complain about having too many roll backs
    2. If you do not roll back, people will complain the code gave unfair advantages

By banning everyone who used the code, it will not be necessary to roll back, making Group 1 happy. Additionally, no one will have an unfair advantage, making Group 2 happy.

Thus, you managed to make both groups happy, and will get a 100% approval rating.

As for the people who got banned, they are unable to play the game, and therefore cannot be a part of the statistics. Thus, your approval rating will still be 100%.

at some point what you said is true, however there is only one big problem on that
    From what I saw, a lot of the people who got a **** amount of orbs at least on archo server , are not free players, If PWI ban a lot of those guys what do you think it will happen?

less money for pwi. In fact i think if they ban all the ones who got more tan lets say 3 or 6 orbs (cose some people got codes to their mail and then used that last code)
    they will have to ban almost all the server
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    Slivaf - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,106 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    It's not that they didn't have the ability to identify goon glitchers, it's that they chose not to punish them even though they were identifiable. The thing is, this time there's truly no way to tell whether people abused/glitched the code, or got caught in a tech problem when entering the code, or whether they (in good faith) believed they could re-enter the code every 10 minutes. Whatever our suspicions, intent can't be proven.

Maybe removing the "punishment of customer" factor from all this will help simplify the remaining options. 1) roll back, 2) painstakingly remove rewards already given to the extent possible, 3) do nothing. This being PWI, I think we can all guess what they'll do, as much as we'd like the answer to be different.

-jax-
    I was actually talking to someone in game about this, you are right they probably had the methods to see who did what, and how long they did it, but since it went on for months before they got a fix in... it would have been a lot more exhaustive going through all the 'recordings' or w/e... and benning those who did it. (I think part of the reason for the confusion was how they worded it back then.... 'we have no way of telling how much each person abused this glitch, as such we have lifted up the bans' or something like that. If they said what you and I believe to be true, it would have made them look lazy, and arguably imcomptent, but so did what they did as a compensation for those who didn't abuse it.) Pwi did do their best back then, as they are now, but still it did leave ppl upset then, and regardless of what they do now... ppl will be upset with what they do about this whole fiasco.

It is also true that while the goon glitch was backed up for months, this was only for a couple of hours, so maybe they will be more willing to sift through the 'recording' and actually remove the excess orbs without the need for a rollback... that what I am hoping anyways.
    Ah, Mistakes are so easily made. ~ laura resnick

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
  • /Psychopath/ - Sanctuary
    /Psychopath/ - Sanctuary Posts: 184 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    If there is a rollback they dont have to cash back who have charged zen in last 24 hours but there is always the purchase history(pwi zen charge page) which i am sure wont get rolled back as its different from Game database .....

Using that GM's can always refund the zen ... transferred .

And for people who are concerned about exp , drops .... think of the big picture here ..

You guys wont feel like playing when you are working hard and someone else just gets everything by 2 clicks ? with that many orbs and event gold everyone can get + 12 ......

Best option is to roll back
    24 hours back in time
    give just 2 x for extended period ( if they cant fix the promo code dont bother ) b:chuckle
  • jess1814
    jess1814 Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited November 2013

if you have time 2 farm 50 fcs in 2 days, farm god knows how many warsongs than you have a lot of time on ur hands. trust me i farmed aswell and earned money and got parts of gear aswell but honestly its not a big deal to redo it. If you had that much time, you can do it again IF the server gets rolled back.
  • bonersez
    bonersez Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013

More like... a bunch of students broke into the principal's office and rewrote their report cards so that they all have 100. We don't know which ones did it, and are too lazy/indifferent to find out. So, the administration has decided to reset all the marks back to the day before you started on your report, and your report is no longer acceptable.

Tough luck :(
  • AliceAdams - Lost City
    AliceAdams - Lost City Posts: 308 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Hey i would have loved those 2 event cards someone spoke about ... 100 event gold is a raptor i wanted for a while now and some charms that are usefull for me b:laugh

Also 5 hyper exp xD but oh well i got nothing and now it seems , if they do rollback , even those coins i did earn are going poof

Yeah, I couldn't believe the 100 event gold.

The longer they wait, the less likely a rollback will be. Honestly if they were going to do it they should have done it already.

I imagine they'll give us some ugly bound fashion to make up for all of this...
    b:shutupb:surrender

Edit:
    AND YOU BETTER GIVE US SNOWMEN THIS YEAR!!!!!!!!!
    I'M 103 YOU STUPID AVATAR!!!
    b:angryf:fume
  • shivyz
    edited November 2013
    My character now has 5k HP, with 3 level of refine on one item he would have about 300HP more, this is 6% of original HP or 5 level 9 gems, which I can't put in my items already (has not more sockets).

Rollback only, to play fair game.

roll back wouldn't just be good for u , its gonna affect many other ppl in bad ways
  • Alexcion - Lost City
    Alexcion - Lost City Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    I don't know who said it.. but "thousands" of people abused the code? Honestly, last night it looked like only a handful of people received an over abundance of DOrbs (and in turn event gold, charms, exp, etc)... It wasn't the majority abusing it.. rather the minority. At least this was the case on LC... I believe something should be done about those specific and few people that egregiously straight out abused it repeatedly. Sure, lag and mistakes happen... Oh, you got 6? lucky ****... Oh you got 36? die.. die by fire. f:angry

• vitoryxxxx
    vitoryxxxx Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Do a rollback, people have millions of dq points tons of orbs, tons of potions and charm's.
    Not doing a rollback is a dumb idea. DO THE RIGHT THING >>>>FOR ONCE<<<<
This discussion has been closed.