Most Underapreciated Seekerskill

Options
Raphxelion - Raging Tide
Raphxelion - Raging Tide Posts: 207 Arc User
edited November 2013 in Seeker
Alright...I saw today that our pet Morai 100 skill, Archangels of Justice are now worth 0-1mill in my server. Now, I'm not sure if many seekers understand just how OP these pets are so I'll explain! Personally I think this are one of the best pets in the game, if not the best.
|no order of OP-ness|
1. The pet can **** robe armor users and do a good chunk of dmg to any one

2. The pets first skill Meteor Shower is an auto stun skill. You just summon the pet and whoever attacks u will get stunned every 18 seconds! Now, (sage)void step can only stun for 4second and cost 1spark. This pet can keep stunning and only cost 1spark. The BEST part is the stun duration depends on your SOUL FORCE...the higher your soulforce or refines the better the pet will be. My seeker has Soul-Force of 34272 my pets stun is - 90% chance to stun for 3.5seconds!! EVERY 18 SECONDS Three stuns in one minute o.o

3. The pets middle skill Soul of Weakness is definitely my favorite skill from the pet. The skill gives my seeker |34272 soulforce| 14% AOE crit boost on the targets for 5seconds. With an 12 second recast!!!!! b:infuriated o.o should i repeat that o.o?! Ok this skill is GREAT for PVE and pvp. Pve: debuff bosses after sparks, everyone would wonder why they are critting so much all of a sudden. PvP: raises ur crit rate up to 40%-65% on the targets. This can only increase the more soul force you have o.o

4. Promise of The World Possibly one of the strongest pet attacks in the game. Overall a great attack, 25second cooldown, |34272 soulforce| = 7000physical damage on the target + 7000 magical damage on the target! basicly 14000dmg. I can kill r9 sins or casters with this skill.

5. The pet attacks just like anypet...it has auto attack, the extra dmg doesnt hurt

- Welp there is my monthly vent...those pets are personally my favorite skill on the seekers, i believe they are widely under apreciated...idk why? people don't know just how good they are or they think they will die if they summon them. Partly true but if i summon this on pve i won't summon on a boss that aoes hard. the more soul force you have the better there hp/def/attacks are. http://i672.photobucket.com/albums/vv82/lagdance/2013-08-1610-02-51_zps3e66856c.png and if i summon this in pvp usally the target is too busy trying to stop me and forgets to about my pet...even if they do decide to kill my pet it has usally helped me debuff or stun the target several time.
I don't use this pet everytime but I'll throw them in in a long pk battle and while trying to find weaknesses in the person, experienced pvp'rs realize just how deadly the seeker pets are and will kill it first, but before this happens the pet gets away with stunning them/debuffs.
Post edited by Raphxelion - Raging Tide on

Comments

• Pwnallagain - Heavens Tear
    Pwnallagain - Heavens Tear Posts: 206 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    Well the 14000 damage doesnt take into account defenses of the opponent. Otherwise it would ridiculously OP and everyone would use it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Medaka - Morai
    Medaka - Morai Posts: 196 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    The biggest problem with this is that you'll never know when to summon them. If we're talking about mass PvP, there's a high chance your pets will get targeted / aoed right away, considering the gear levels nowadays even with the HP angels have they're easy kills for anyone. I find them really useful in PvE, as they add quite a nice amount of damage to bosses, and also have the use of taking bubbles for example. By that I mean emperor's bubble which casts on second aggro, second FC bosses bubble if you can't solo DD it in time etc. I'll share a little trick some may or may not know that I'd been using for a long time already. If you're a TT soloer, mostly talking of 3-x here, use Djin's buffs on angels. Be it to kill Djin itself or other bosses, it makes them hit really high and lasts for their entire spawn duration. Simply summon them right before aggroing Djin, both of you will get buffed.

If we're talking about their PvP uses, consider that you are wasting a spark you could've used on something else. I'm sure you know chi management is important for a seeker. Not saying they're useless, but shouldn't be overused either. The stun can prove as a useful defensive measure if you set the pet's status to defend after spawning them and leaving the stun as the auto-used skill. The DoT itself works quite well on JOSD targets, believe it or not. Bypassing def levels and whatnot.

If anyone else sees angels priced this low on their server ( talking adv angels, basic ones shouldn't go over 500k ), I suggest you snatch them before people realize how useful they are. Prices may raise when the vortex-only seekers realize they have more than 1 skill.
  • Raphxelion - Raging Tide
    edited August 2013
    Options
    The biggest problem with this is that you'll never know when to summon them. If we're talking about mass PvP, there's a high chance your pets will get targeted / aoed right away, considering the gear levels nowadays even with the HP angels have they're easy kills for anyone. I find them really useful in PvE, as they add quite a nice amount of damage to bosses, and also have the use of taking bubbles for example. By that I mean emperor's bubble which casts on second aggro, second FC bosses bubble if you can't solo DD it in time etc. I'll share a little trick some may or may not know that I'd been using for a long time already. If you're a TT soloer, mostly talking of 3-x here, use Djin's buffs on angels. Be it to kill Djin itself or other bosses, it makes them hit really high and lasts for their entire spawn duration. Simply summon them right before aggroing Djin, both of you will get buffed.

If we're talking about their PvP uses, consider that you are wasting a spark you could've used on something else. I'm sure you know chi management is important for a seeker. Not saying they're useless, but shouldn't be overused either. The stun can prove as a useful defensive measure if you set the pet's status to defend after spawning them and leaving the stun as the auto-used skill. The DoT itself works quite well on JOSD targets, believe it or not. Bypassing def levels and whatnot.

If anyone else sees angels priced this low on their server ( talking adv angels, basic ones shouldn't go over 500k ), I suggest you snatch them before people realize how useful they are. Prices may raise when the vortex-only seekers realize they have more than 1 skill.
    -Thanks for the tt soloing tip never heard of that, next time im in tt 3-x ill try it out

-Well of course i personally would not summon these pets in MASS PvP...i would rather use Ion Spike, now if i can get a target alone I may decide to use the skill. Most of the time even when summoned in mass pvp people are usally too busy trying to kill others than to worry about killing the pet right away.

- Best way to play the pet is by setting it on defense, which is what i do

- You're right this skill definitely is not a skill you want to use every chance u get. I really only use this on those long pvp battles where I am trying to find a weakness on the player or situations where I would rather use my pet than waste 1spark on voidstep.

Usaly the main reason i use this pets are the stuns and Soul of weakness. Promise of the world is just a bonus
  • Medaka - Morai
    Medaka - Morai Posts: 196 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    -Thanks for the tt soloing tip never heard of that, next time im in tt 3-x ill try it out

-Well of course i personally would not summon these pets in MASS PvP...i would rather use Ion Spike, now if i can get a target alone I may decide to use the skill. Most of the time even when summoned in mass pvp people are usally too busy trying to kill others than to worry about killing the pet right away.

- Best way to play the pet is by setting it on defense, which is what i do

- You're right this skill definitely is not a skill you want to use every chance u get. I really only use this on those long pvp battles where I am trying to find a weakness on the player or situations where I would rather use my pet than waste 1spark on voidstep.

Usaly the main reason i use this pets are the stuns and Soul of weakness. Promise of the world is just a bonus

You're welcome. There are plenty of seeker tricks out there that some may or may not know, shame there isn't a thread for them. Although some aren't based on the seeker class alone as much as they are based on game mechanics.

Angels have some combo potential, although that shows more in 1v1's especially with people you've fought before. Mind you the aoe range isn't that awesome so you'd need a bunch of people all grouped up for mass pvp use, possibly a long fight over NW flags or such.

I don't focus on it that much, when someone is being annoying from range and I'm busy fighting a stronger opponent I just send angels to do the job and ignore the person~ stun DoT if they're a squishy and all's good.
  • Nottunyx - Heavens Tear
    Nottunyx - Heavens Tear Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    They are OP at middle geared or lvl 100-101 but past that when you're like lvl 104/105 with r9s3+11/12 the angels somewhat lose their OPness. i mean they're still useful for stunning running enemies and stunning enemies that are chasing ya but aside from that angels are not that useful once you have OP gears b:bye in mass pvp or tw angels are most likely to get ***** right after they are summoned especially if they are summoned in a crowded area (Nation War's mid "pit of doom" and TW's enemy base b:laugh)

Having said all that, angels can be quite useful in several occasions too. Alot of times i used angels dot to bait aps armor sins to triple spark to purge the dot or to bait other seekers to qpq it back on me (in which case i will qpq it back to them.....riiiight after i cast sacrificial slashb:pleased). Angel stuns can also be useful to prompt archers/bms to use their anti stuns which cost them considerable amount of spark and chi :p
    100% Zhen free since Jan 2009

Living proof that Pay2Win is a load of **** f:cool

I make things go [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:angryb:angryb:angryb:angryb:angryb:angry
    edited August 2013
    Options
    They are OP at middle geared or lvl 100-101 but past that when you're like lvl 104/105 with r9s3+11/12 the angels somewhat lose their OPness. i mean they're still useful for stunning running enemies and stunning enemies that are chasing ya but aside from that angels are not that useful once you have OP gears b:bye in mass pvp or tw angels are most likely to get ***** right after they are summoned especially if they are summoned in a crowded area (Nation War's mid "pit of doom" and TW's enemy base b:laugh)

Having said all that, angels can be quite useful in several occasions too. Alot of times i used angels dot to bait aps armor sins to triple spark to purge the dot or to bait other seekers to qpq it back on me (in which case i will qpq it back to them.....riiiight after i cast sacrificial slashb:pleased). Angel stuns can also be useful to prompt archers/bms to use their anti stuns which cost them considerable amount of spark and chi :p
    nice thanks! didn't even think of those ways to use the angels ill be using them even more now!
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    my seeker is R999+11-12 but i love the pets. I summon them for pesky wizards and psy. They really work great for any class thats on your harder-to-kill list. They provide me with that little leeway i need to splat them instead of taking that extra time to kill and they get reinforcements. Downside is that those guys get pretty pissed and you and come after you again...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Aeliah - Dreamweaver
    Aeliah - Dreamweaver Posts: 784 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Options
    I think much of the pets usefulness is in the fact that people aren't really knowledgeable about them... if a seeker double sparks, people know big dmg is coming and retaliate appropriately (lock you down, or run). But if you use a pet... people just don't appreciate that you've just used 2 sparks, and this is something they should take seriously. Hence the tendency to ignore the pet. And yes, the pet does lose a lot of its damage potency on better geared individuals, however, it can still be useful for getting debuffs onto the target. Whether those debuffs are worth 2 sparks depend on how difficult the target is to kill; the more difficult, the more you'll need those debuffs. Just don't be silly enough to try it on a cleric, who will purify them right off and leaving you looking a bit foolish.
    YOUTUBE CHANNEL:
    youtube.com/user/csquaredcsquared

CLERIC PV GUIDE (complete):
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1531411

CLERIC PK GUIDE (Incomplete):
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=18027931
    edited September 2013
    Options
    I think much of the pets usefulness is in the fact that people aren't really knowledgeable about them... if a seeker double sparks, people know big dmg is coming and retaliate appropriately (lock you down, or run). But if you use a pet... people just don't appreciate that you've just used 2 sparks, and this is something they should take seriously. Hence the tendency to ignore the pet. And yes, the pet does lose a lot of its damage potency on better geared individuals, however, it can still be useful for getting debuffs onto the target. Whether those debuffs are worth 2 sparks depend on how difficult the target is to kill; the more difficult, the more you'll need those debuffs. Just don't be silly enough to try it on a cleric, who will purify them right off and leaving you looking a bit foolish.
    they cost 1 spark lol
  • Alphaben - Raging Tide
    Alphaben - Raging Tide Posts: 226 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    IDK about the archangels cause I still haven't reached the lvl req but I love my angels...Saved my butt a couple of times in pvp/nw and in pve

1v1 now contest they stunlock and destroy sins and most other classes, pve ion spike a boss summon them and they do upwards of 600k damage easily(no debuffs on boss)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sirrawrsalots
    sirrawrsalots Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    I personally think the most Unappreciated Skill for seekers has to be Duelist's Glee, this is for a number of reasons, it's a very rare skill being lv 100 and requiring Chrono pages, so that lowers the amount of seekers that have it, and most don't care for it because it costs Chono pages in the first place. This means there's a rather low pool of seekers using it in the first place, secondly it really only has application in PvP (Duels ideally, hence the name) That cuts the amount of seekers that obtain it even more.

Therefore, not many see it in action and want it, which is bad because while a PvP skill, it's wonderfully powerful. The power lies between the difference between disarm and stun. while stun stops everything, a disarmed player that auto attacks and will continue to do so while dealing no damage, while still causing the player to take damage reflect(if you've ever punched a veno for chi, you'll know that it still can hurt) Not to mention disarmed attackers will often not notice and attempt to attack anyway.

On top of the disarm effect, Duelist's Glee has a 20% stance proc, which generally will stop it for interfering with Heartseeker, a point on contention for seekers as it's very annoying. On top of that, it boosts the damage of Arme Nier one of Seekers highest damaging Physical skills, only truly surpassed by Gemini Slash, which has a longer cast time, and is AoE, which can be a good or bad thing on the situation because you may just want to hit your target.

With all these factors together, I put Duelist's Glee as Most Under appreciated Seekerskill
    edited November 2013
    Options
    I personally think the most Unappreciated Skill for seekers has to be Duelist's Glee, this is for a number of reasons, it's a very rare skill being lv 100 and requiring Chrono pages, so that lowers the amount of seekers that have it, and most don't care for it because it costs Chono pages in the first place. This means there's a rather low pool of seekers using it in the first place, secondly it really only has application in PvP (Duels ideally, hence the name) That cuts the amount of seekers that obtain it even more.

Therefore, not many see it in action and want it, which is bad because while a PvP skill, it's wonderfully powerful. The power lies between the difference between disarm and stun. while stun stops everything, a disarmed player that auto attacks and will continue to do so while dealing no damage, while still causing the player to take damage reflect(if you've ever punched a veno for chi, you'll know that it still can hurt) Not to mention disarmed attackers will often not notice and attempt to attack anyway.

On top of the disarm effect, Duelist's Glee has a 20% stance proc, which generally will stop it for interfering with Heartseeker, a point on contention for seekers as it's very annoying. On top of that, it boosts the damage of Arme Nier one of Seekers highest damaging Physical skills, only truly surpassed by Gemini Slash, which has a longer cast time, and is AoE, which can be a good or bad thing on the situation because you may just want to hit your target.

With all these factors together, I put Duelist's Glee as Most Under appreciated Seekerskill
    Great point, but I'm not factoring in how hard it is to get the skill when Im talking about most under-appreciated seeker skill (in fact 100chrono skills are easier to acquire, you can get them from quests or buy them for 10mill(on my server))

Both of the seekers 100 skills are great! Duelist Glee is a great pvp skill that seekers that actually pvp use. Glee is like any other of our procs, we use it depending on the situation or who the opponent is.

The arch angels are common and I hardly see it used
  • sirrawrsalots
    sirrawrsalots Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Great point, but I'm not factoring in how hard it is to get the skill when Im talking about most under-appreciated seeker skill (in fact 100chrono skills are easier to acquire, you can get them from quests or buy them for 10mill(on my server))

Both of the seekers 100 skills are great! Duelist Glee is a great pvp skill that seekers that actually pvp use. Glee is like any other of our procs, we use it depending on the situation or who the opponent is.

The arch angels are common and I hardly see it used

I see what you mean, I guess I should've explained that the difficulty getting the skill as why it's so underrated as you can't see many people using it ever. I'm finding sellers for Morai skills alot more then pages at that time but I see what you mean.