Can't decide: veno or mystic alt for pvp

2»

Comments

• Burnout - Harshlands
    Burnout - Harshlands Posts: 2,585 Arc User
    edited October 2013

Mystic for me is a big unknown, they seem to have a number of neat skills.. but I really have no idea how effective they can be yet. They seem like they have amazing survivability and some interesting debuffs.. but I'm not sure how their damage compares to other classes yet.

I'm almost tempted to try mystic because I'd have to figure it out almost completely on my own.. it seems like nobody has really figured them out yet. Hmmmmm

I played a R9 +10 wep/armor mystic up till around the release of morai...and I found that mystics in general are extremely good vs classes w/o much CC, but struggle vs high CC/high mobility classes as they are better able to interrupt our high DPS and low mobility.

Not having Undine is a pretty big factor in damage - our base nuke is the lowest of all DD classes, though it does have the benefit of casting faster than veno. I can say that we match up well vs every class though. Our main offensive advantage is DPS rather than burst - we have the highest DPS potential of all magic classes in both PVP and PVE, but very little burst (no, I don't consider crit NV-absorb soul burst unless you use zooming thunder).

Also keep in mind purify solves a lot of the weaknesses mystics had in PvP, but I didn't have it during the time I played. I also dueled most of these classes before our morai pet buff - no easy double chiyu 10s stuns.

vs Archer: 50/50 split if he has +12 R9. If +10, then I won almost everytime. We are relatively sturdy vs archers, but you can't fall into the trap of heal-tanking - you have to put offensive pressure on the archer or else he will just purge-kill. Kiting is an issue here - archers who can kite a mystic well (we only have 27 range vs their 35+) will have an easier time vs us, as we have no distance closers or an ultra-long sleep like clerics have to close the distance easily besides holy path.

Vs Sin: One of our easier fights if you don't get 1-shot. The key here is to get thicket off, as it's 4x hit almost always goes through Tidal, and once seal/root procs it's usually GG. You can pop their defenses with a lucky break'ed nuke, as most of the sins were APS. +12 R9 dags/+12 armors were 50/50, but then again I only had +10 armors. If they come fully buffed, you will usually lose because of how tanky a combo of tidal + buffs make them compared to their high DPS.

BM: If he's properly refined/sharded, mystics have an extremely hard time killing a good BM solo. We simply don't have enough burst, and absorb soul isn't practical even w/ their marrows. In this fight we're essentially just clerics without a reliable sleep or plume shell. Their aoe attack skills tend to 1-shot our plants (especially sleep). The kills I did get against equal BM's always required apoth. Now with purify procs I can't imagine this fight as being hard anymore since the only way they can stop our dps reliably is with seal.

Wizard: Probably one of our easier fights. Equal gears I won >80% of the time, I fought 20+ duels with a +12 R9 wiz so I'm fairly certain we have a huge edge in this fight. Only thing that can kill the mystic is getting caught by spark combo, but that's fairly easy to prevent. I was even able to tank a R9rr +12 wiz for 5+ minutes in just R9 gears in NW - many wizards simply have no idea how to kill through heals.

Psy: I think these two classes are fairly evenly matched, but with a slight edge to the mystic. Our thicket can pop their soul of retaliation/stunning/w/e, as well as our pets. The psy can win just due to their CC's+damage, and their AOE's can make keeping/saccing a pet difficult once you lose it. Knock them back with Bramble before summoning a pet or you will just lose it to aoe's. If they aren't buffed, absorb soul does wonders against them.

Veno: I can't really say how we do against veno, because for some reason I was NEVER able to get a 1v1 vs another r9+10 veno or better. Thus every veno i fought was pretty undergeared compared to me.

Cleric: Pretty easy fight, we have the upper hand here, but it can take quite awhile just due to both classes having heals. I usually brought a str/occult ice genie for this simply due to not needing anti-stuns.

Seeker: This is by far our EASIEST fight. I have never lost to a +12 R9 seeker. They simply don't have any viable means of CC. I also beat a +12r9rr wep/+7 armor seeker with a R9 2nd cast mystic. The only thing you have to watch out for is QPQ (with the proper combo they CAN one-shot you), and the rest of the fight is a snorefest. They are just too vulnerable to CC/pushback, and don't have any threatening CC of their own.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I replied to the 7th topic on the 1st page of mystic forums, and got reported for necro. Plz save mystic forums.