how can u kill a max geared archer 1 v 1 when ur maxed too

Options
qqq344722680
qqq344722680 Posts: 3 Arc User
edited October 2013 in Seeker
when u toss all the magic hits and geminie and armie to archer and he still alive( fully buffed)
how can u still kill him without enough dex.
both rock splitting and straggering strike have low cast and channel time but they miss 100% with 3.2k accuracy.
assume archer is normal skilled and he know how to kite which means he wont stand their to let u edge blur. and spamming mag defence charm. so u only have 2 physical skills can use on archer 1 is gemini which cost 5.3 secs and have to use with blade affinity 1 is armie.
my opnion is seekers cant kill archers when archer reach over 24k hp buffed and 20k phy defence with 14k magic defence follow 80+ defence lvl. when both of seeker and archer fully buffed, archer so easy to survive and kite till purge.
so any one have some idea how to kill a max geared archer with equally gear.

in other way im saying about how do u be able to kill an archer without enough accuracy. because straggering strike and rock splitting both have short cd and short cast time but we barely use on archer because they all miss.
in my experience most of r999 maxed caster died to those 2 basic fail skills because they can be spammed and tick phy defence charm so that ur gemini will perform 100% damage. but for archers u have only 2 physical skills can use againest them and 1 require blade affinity.
Post edited by qqq344722680 on

Comments

• Niobus - Archosaur
    Niobus - Archosaur Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Archer is not a caster. So why do you exclude the magic skills? Light armor is in the middle of heavy and magic, which makes it comparable weak against both. So you can use any of your skills.

The Main Problem you will face is that a seeker dont have much reliable stunns, but archers do. So what would I do:
    1. try to get him stunned with summon
    2. Edge plure + voidstep
    3. Blade affinity + Gemini -> Arme Nier + Battousai

Another thing you should consider: Stay close to the archer so his Attacks will be nerved. If you fight to far away he hits you in full power.

So I guess if its both are max geared its simply skill.. The player that knows his char better or has hall skills will win.. Or sometimes its luck that a GoF+ crit comes and simply onehits the archer. Or that the archer crits at the right moment and onehits the seeker.. I think both are more or less equal
  • qqq344722680
    qqq344722680 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    as i said no archer will be stupid enough to stand there and let u edge blur. because seeker do not have enough stun. and assume archer has 24k hp 13k mag defence fully buffed and spam magic defence charm. in that case u cant kill archer with just magic hit and ur gemini wont make much damage on archer
  • Daruvial - Sanctuary
    Daruvial - Sanctuary Posts: 277 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    you have an 8 second immobilize which no one bothered to mention.. sacrificial slash makes a huge difference when your max geared and you can use apoth like crimson soul powder. ion spike-heartseeker-blade affinity-ss-qpq-edged blur-gemini and just spam your other quick skills.
  • Raphxelion - Raging Tide
    Raphxelion - Raging Tide Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    hmm those are hard fights...if you're r9 then hope for zerk/crit that will drop him in 2 hits if you are not then you'll need to be a more skilled seeker. have the right genie for that situation, have heart of steel to be immune to metal attacks, also have badge of courage. best bet is pretty much trying your best to stay alive untill you can debuff the archer with sacrificial slash+extreme poison. I wouldn't waste crimson soul powders here because you might have to use IG or Dew for emergency. One thing ALOT of seekers disregard is we have triple spark. maybe after archer stuns you use badge of courage then tripple spark, if you hit him enough and he doesnt use his pots he should die.
  • Horugou - Raging Tide
    Horugou - Raging Tide Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    I've fought and won uphill battles vs archers... (lost plenty as well ofc xD...)
    Here's a few tips:
    -once you get into their range, the first thing they will use is stunning arrow
    -get close to them always, they cannot kite forever if they wanna kill you
    -make use of voidstep, and follow it up with heartseeker, you'll have em pinned for a while, if they use their leaps, run to em with holy path.
    -if they use anti stun, attack them once or run to em, then use QPQ to silence em,
    and get close once more.

PvP is as much about knowing how to use debuffs as it is about how to avoid getting killed. Good debuffing = easy killing. Use Ion Spike's debuff, utilize soulsever, you only need to use it for a bit, after which you can switch to parched blade for that extra stun when it's available. People are thrown off badly in 1v1s by our parched blade stuns because they're so random! Use it! It's awesome! I am sure we all know the magic of
    Sacrificial Slash... one final piece of advice, get tangling mire...
    Vs archers and casters, Sacrificial Slash + tangling mire is all I've needed to kill even R9RR jadeds
    Mire has helped me even vs other seekers for when those metal skills were on cooldown and I needed to get one or two more hits in.
  • Medaka - Morai
    Medaka - Morai Posts: 196 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Most endgame archers love abusing leaps so I wouldn't throw nukes and combos at them straight off. If you've got Duelist's Glee it's a pretty funny mess up for archers that love autoattacking you; seeing them run up to you weaponless is priceless :D.

One thing you could do is make them use their leaps (not sure on their CD though). Archers without leap might stunning arrow you as Horugou said, and most archers with leap also follow up with stunning arrow right after they leap.

If you -run- to them and Edged Blur, they'll either run or Leap away. If they do leap away, you could easily voidstep to them, Blade Affinity and Heartseeker after which you can setup a pretty quid combo (though watch it as archers can leap when they're Immobilized but silencing an Immobilized person has the same effect as stunning them mostly).

The quid combo will hold them in place for another 3 seconds (assuming you're Sage, 1 if demon) after which they will probably leap away again. Rewinding gesture into voidstep can help you stop them again but then again I don't know the cooldown of leaps so I can't tell you if you're safe to Heartseeker them again after that voidstep, but your quid combo should be enough to kill them unless you don't crit/zerk at all during it.

Also as it was stated archers' damage is lowered when you're close to them, but that doesn't apply to their Metal skills. Since we're heavy armor users a smart archer would attempt to metal combo us. You could either quid away their metal debuff (they usually start with it) or Heart of Steel to resist the combo. If you do quid it away you could get some nice timing going and add your own Fortify and throw your own metal combo at them.

Mostly that, assuming you don't get purged during the fight but good luck with that :D.
  • imperialangel
    imperialangel Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Don't know about the rest of you but I spend my entire nw hunting down r9+ archers and making their life hell. Including maxed geared ones which I admit are an *** to kill but, but for a few, are reasonably simple to dispatch. Even them buffed you purged it is possible to take them down... not fun and a lot of charm **** but possible.
    Best thing I've found is hit them with whatever usually battousai hard enough to **** them off and force them into feathers, keep harrying with little hits to knock off the feathers and their stupid invulnerability anti stun. After that void step, blade affin, heartseeker, rewinding gesture, edged blur, Gemini, battousai unless you're really unlucky with all your hits they will be dead and if you multi zerk or zerk crit they are gone. If you really want you can drop heart seeker before using blade affin and keep those seconds to use sac slash combo depends if they are fully jaded or not.
    In case youre wondering why rewinding gesture there 2 reasons 1 it lets you void step them again if they run off 2 it boosts your crit rate and your crit rate is what is used to determine if edged blur does 1.5x damage at which point with +11 you'll be dropping around 9k+ a tick on their face with edged blur.
    Hell you can even be a monumental **** with Arch Angels Im only +10 armour and +11 weapon and mine give me a 14% crit rate boost debuff plus they can stun and DoT metal and bleed as well as doing pretty useless normal hits. That being said get them to stun crit debuff hit rewinding for a total 29% crit boost and go merry zerk crit spamming on their *** with a sac slash combo. Even boost your sac slash by switching to an r8r weapon and omalley blessing hitting it passing it over then switching back to samsara and jones for a complete nuke fest on a mired anything. If you are fully geared and fully jaded youll have 175 ish def levels with a good r8r weapon which means bye bye 87 def levels for them hello 43 att level for you which means youll be over 150 att levels vs his almost zero def levels zerk crit that and you have a lovely ornamental corpse.
    The only problem with seeker is the damage range is huge you could hit them for 2k or you could hit for 30k the idea is just to live long enough to land the combo on the good end not the **** lol either way most archers are just lawn ornaments maybe dangerous in groups but 1v1 unless they are bat **** insanely good aren't a problem.
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    Walpurga - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,028 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    what kind of archer spams winged shel?

50 chi for the equivalent of a def charm?
    Channels

youtube .com/user/WallyPWS Active

youtube .com/user/tehnewblife Semi Inactive
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Personally, when the gear levels are that high, it's going to come right down to who can crit the highest first. (Assuming similarly skilled players.)

It's still funny though when i'm in NW on my cleric and some R9rr archer comes and autoattacks on me. I mean no skills at all. What kind of noob is that? Even with their +12 gear, it only took me about 20 seconds to crit through their charm. I've seen equally geared R9rrr archers and Seekers drop each other like rocks too. But again, it comes down to skills and critsrtike damage.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ravensfeill - Archosaur
    Ravensfeill - Archosaur Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Hmm I like angels style of fighting we fight basicaly about the same plus if u sage most archers I've seen break out that stunning combo first so i unfetter and ignore and run at them another things I like to used is transposition which can confuse them and also interuppt skills too plus No skill in the game can block it and force archer into a corner and relentless attack it with all skills above plus most archers telegraph since the will position there body to move according to terrain u force em into corner it helps make leaps less usefully used open terrain trans can still work and timing can can catchh them midjump its not a perfrct solotuion angels style of reletless attck works best its how able to beat down some plus12 everthing when all i have is plus12 sword and armors plus 7 there will always be somebody at that moment better skilled even though we can't disable as good we can still close the gap to win and bezerk nuke to win just make a good chasing genie built for chasing down barb and locking them in place usually works for me
  • SweetieBot - Lothranis
    SweetieBot - Lothranis Posts: 18,978 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Hmm I like angels style of fighting we fight basicaly about the same plus if u sage most archers I've seen break out that stunning combo first so i unfetter and ignore and run at them another things I like to used is transposition which can confuse them and also interuppt skills too plus No skill in the game can block it and force archer into a corner and relentless attack it with all skills above plus most archers telegraph since the will position there body to move according to terrain u force em into corner it helps make leaps less usefully used open terrain trans can still work and timing can can catchh them midjump its not a perfrct solotuion angels style of reletless attck works best its how able to beat down some plus12 everthing when all i have is plus12 sword and armors plus 7 there will always be somebody at that moment better skilled even though we can't disable as good we can still close the gap to win and bezerk nuke to win just make a good chasing genie built for chasing down barb and locking them in place usually works for me
    NECROOO!!!!!!!

Ravensfeill - Archosaur replied to a message that was 5 months 18 days 7 hours 35 minutes old.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I only respond if you begin a line with "SweetieBot", read the link below for commands
    SweetieBot FAQ / Usage: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1566451

This discussion has been closed.