Venomancer PVP Discussion and Videos

Comments

• helovesu
    helovesu Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    It's a thing you kinda learn from experience or practice or..just trying I guess. It's kinda like how I've subconsciously learnt how to constantly build/manage my chi and always find ways and opportunities to build chi because otherwise as a Demon I'll run out of chi.

Since i do not so much get involved in PK, sometimes when joining NW event, i am not as skillful as i fight a mob. It's a really different situation instead.
    So i must practice a lot to get my self accustome to the skills when in PK.

By the way, i really enjoyed every single videos posted. These give me a lot of lessons to learn from.

Thank you so much. I look forward to another amazing videos.
  • Vedovis - Lost City
    Vedovis - Lost City Posts: 942 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    It's a thing you kinda learn from experience or practice or..just trying I guess. It's kinda like how I've subconsciously learnt how to constantly build/manage my chi and always find ways and opportunities to build chi because otherwise as a Demon I'll run out of chi.

Chi.. bleh. Often I find the genie skill I use the most to be Cloud Eruption, since I am *always* running low. Bewitch [50 chi], Chi Burn [25 chi] and both myriads [20 chi each], not to forget both of my 100 skills which are amazingly useful [1 spark each] + ironwood [20 chi]. Between all of these thats my 3 sparks gone and I try and use these skills as much as I can since they're all so useful c: I don't get to nova as often as I'd like in NW due to my low chi, and even when I do have ~2-3 sparks often I keep it for what I deem 'more important' control or debuff skills like the ones I listed above.

WTB< +30 chi effect for the upgraded demon fox form too! b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

| Signature made by Fishy!~ | Semiretired |
  • helovesu
    edited October 2013
    Chi.. bleh. Often I find the genie skill I use the most to be Cloud Eruption, since I am *always* running low. Bewitch [50 chi], Chi Burn [25 chi] and both myriads [20 chi each], not to forget both of my 100 skills which are amazingly useful [1 spark each] + ironwood [20 chi]. Between all of these thats my 3 sparks gone and I try and use these skills as much as I can since they're all so useful c: I don't get to nova as often as I'd like in NW due to my low chi, and even when I do have ~2-3 sparks often I keep it for what I deem 'more important' control or debuff skills like the ones I listed above.

WTB< +30 chi effect for the upgraded demon fox form too! b:surrender

If it were me, i would use genie for holy path and tree of protection instead when participating in PK/NW.
  • Vedovis - Lost City
    Vedovis - Lost City Posts: 942 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    helovesu wrote: »
    If it were me, i would use genie for holy path and tree of protection instead when participating in PK/NW.

Generally heals aren't an issue as I have HP charm and lots of crabs, and speed is also not an issue due to demon fox~ Chi is literally the one thing I'm always constantly having to refill; crush vigor [demon] on the enemies sometimes makes up for that though, if I'm lucky :p When I die and respawn my usual order of events is bramble -> summon/revive pet -> Lending Hand [mine is demon] then heal pet, and demon summer. I also constantly am passing sparks to my more nukey team-mates that have better uses for it @~@;
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

| Signature made by Fishy!~ | Semiretired |
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited October 2013

By the way, i really enjoyed every single videos posted. These give me a lot of lessons to learn from.

Thank you so much. I look forward to another amazing videos.

I'm glad they are useful! f:cute

@ Vedovis - in PvP I find myself using Cloud Eruption more, that's true. In PvE there are usually enough opportunities to build chi while idle. I've been also trying to use Crush Vigor much more in PvP even when it's not as effective, simply so I can build chi better. I've noticed through my older PvP videos that I hardly used it >.>

On the other hand, being Demon I don't need Holy Path as much except for a few rare occasions and this allows me to keep the genie for Cloud Eruption instead. In PvE, I only use Holy Path if I get lazy or something, fox form is more than enough for speed otherwise.

I'll be uploading a TW video soon, I used lots of Novas there lol.

[SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Satyrion - Sanctuary_1389862626
    Satyrion - Sanctuary_1389862626 Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Even as sage veno I don't always use holy path, especially not if I got archer buff... Sage summersprint with speed on boots+cape gives me already a pretty nice speed close to a barb :3

About myriad I always get so happy when I see it being used.. Maybe it doesn't proc that often, but it's only a few chi here n there, and when it do ur target pretty much go splat xD I love the skill and have personally non-fox myriad on my hotkey 1.. ^^ I use it in both pvp and pve... Sadly I haven't been doing any kind of pvp on my veno for the last half year+ u.u
  • DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver
    DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Omg. We can't allow venos to become better at PvP. b:shocked GM please close this thread immediately!

Seriously though, I used to really hate venos but recently most encounters are they attempt a purge and run away screaming. It's a shame there aren't many active well geared venos nowadays, apart from a few HA ones, I don't think there are that many r9rr foxies on my server at least, shame as they have epic cc and amps, and do very well at PvP when they actually use their skills.

I'm dreading when/if some venos get that monkey pet b:surrender
    DarkSkiesx - Demon Archer
    mypers.pw/1.7/#114350

DarkSeasx - Sage Assassin
    mypers.pw/1.7/#136481

youtube.com/darkskiesx
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited October 2013
    Recent TW video with lots of Parasitic Nova.
    The TW itself wasn't very good (read my video description) but still enjoyable. Feel free to comment if you see possible improvements.
  • SmurfJegeren - Dreamweaver
    SmurfJegeren - Dreamweaver Posts: 284 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    @Desdi: Only thing I was looking at to say was that Id have the pet out more, as its easier to hunt clerics that way (at least that's what my experience is); But then halfway out the vid a wild nix started to appear more and I didnt really have much more. Have to think alot more when I look at demon vids, cause the skills arent learned in the fingers. So if I missed anything after all; Ima leave that to the demon sisters c:

Ive also uploaded a new NW clip, tho the figgt was less successful on a personal level I figured its a good idea to put some bigger groups out there for more variation.
    No I dont have a herc, I AM the herc! b:mischievous

Youtube channel for NW vids: /channel/UCV9DguJZ0LGMlv5IorA5kVg

Please do drop by n tell me hints on how to improve c:
    Current build for pwcalc: /bd6d5c1459cf7d94
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited October 2013
    @Desdi: Only thing I was looking at to say was that Id have the pet out more, as its easier to hunt clerics that way (at least that's what my experience is); But then halfway out the vid a wild nix started to appear more and I didnt really have much more. Have to think alot more when I look at demon vids, cause the skills arent learned in the fingers. So if I missed anything after all; Ima leave that to the demon sisters c:

I gotta admit I quite neglected my pet this time compared to last TW when I used it more actively. I don't know why, it felt like I was very distracted. There were quite a few good moments I could have used it!
  • Satyrion - Sanctuary_1389862626
    Satyrion - Sanctuary_1389862626 Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Recent TW video with lots of Parasitic Nova.
    The TW itself wasn't very good (read my video description) but still enjoyable. Feel free to comment if you see possible improvements.

4:28 you hit my cleric, me being nonbuffed
    6:20 you hit my cleric again, me being buffed

Just wanna point out to everyone how much more damage a nonbuffed target takes than a buffed *-* purge venos, purge !XD
    edited October 2013
    NW this weekend actually went rather horrible. With a very large amount of OP people I felt I didnt get much good footage. And ofc when having an epic moment I didnt have recording on, so meh :c But I did finnally get use of the puppet skill (Got the upgraded soul link or w/e) for the very first time, and even thrice. Hopefully Ill find some relevant footage of it in the vids. But so far I havent really found much.

Any of you peeps actually had use of the soul puppet before?

• Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited October 2013
    I don't use it personally. It's not a bad skill but to me, I have better uses of two sparks.
    I can see a Sage Venomancer using it sometimes but in heated mass PvP I think you'd be more into spamming things like Parasitic Nova for the stunlocking and such.

It's also rather situational, in my opinion. There was a thread a while back where we discussed this skill and most people came to the conclusion that's very situational and more often than not those 2 sparks are used for something better (Parasitic Nova, triple spark, Bramble Hood etc.).

The puppet itself cannot kill the target (only goes down to 1HP). AOEing would be required and stunlocking the target not to run away from the puppet. It works with the AOE of other people (at least I think so) but that's also a luck/coordination thing. Soulforce also comes into play. If I'm not mistaken, the bigger the soulforce differece and less damage/effective the doll is?

To me, it's not a bad skill but I just rather use something else instead of it. It's way too situational for me to use it regularly.
  • helovesu
    edited October 2013
    I think Soul Shatter / Soul Link will benefit when chasing a barb who brings the flag. It has a slow effect (though not as nice as other movement slower skill), and you and your team can destroy the voodoo puppet together.
    I never try this, but imagine it b:chuckle
  • PanboyAir - Sanctuary
    PanboyAir - Sanctuary Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    hello veno frienz,

I made a video of group PK with Hoorah faction where I played hard support. I focused mostly on playing crowd control rather than DDing. When you play with well-geared people, it is essential to try to shut as many of them down as possible, while protecting your team mates-- giving them the opportunity to set up kills.

In this video I demonstrate how I would play crowd control. Harassing multiple targets and using lots of bewitch, pet stun, stuns, and Nova.

Parasitic Nova
    I haven't posted on my main because I can't decide on a 105 Venomancer forum avatar.b:cute

youtube.com/user/DietSnappleRaspberry
    edited October 2013
    'Finally' got enough edited to upload. So new vid is up. Not my best ones, but at least I been trying to take the feedback to heart n learn from my mistakes. Tho I usually prefer to repeat my mistakes c:

http://m.youtube.com/#/channel/UCV9DguJZ0LGMlv5IorA5kVg?&desktop_uri=%2Fchannel%2FUCV9DguJZ0LGMlv5IorA5kVg

Even restated my.veno.a bit after this NW, as I been too busy maxing my magic I forfot that if my wep.falls off Id need enough dex to keep my armor on. Wich got me killed at least twice on friday x:

@Desdi: Yeah it was very situational, and I only mostly it on barbs that had gone into invoke. It was a bit confusing to.find out how much damage it actually dealt, but when the barbs HP jumped noticeably down with just my own weak aoe on them; it certainly had an effect. Its said it can hit thru IG too, but with the long casting time I prefer casting survival skills vs. Those opponents. The range of the soll is 45m tho, so dont need a whole lot of CC. +A gas +any dd is enough to break the doll on my part. But it still worked.. a bit

• FoxsGurl - Dreamweaver
    FoxsGurl - Dreamweaver Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Check out my Youtube Channel. I record when i can but mostly my Videos are PVP in NW/TW
    http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMfjzDTix7bNpUVEGM5bmtQ/videos. Not the best quaility thob:surrender
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited October 2013
    Latest TW video.
    I didn't get to have really intense moments/fights but was a nice TW nonetheless. Feel free to comment on improvements and whanot.
  • helovesu
    edited October 2013
    How to keep our niex staying alive? It's kind of 1 - 3 shots b:cry (so, do we have to buy a monkey?)
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited October 2013
    How to keep our niex staying alive? It's kind of 1 - 3 shots b:cry (so, do we have to buy a monkey?)

Even a monkey would die easily if it's not properly built.

First and foremost you need a good inherit roll that has high stats in defence, HP and defence level.

Phoenix has the capacity of 60% defence level whereas monkey has the capacity of 80% defence level so naturally the monkey will be a little tankier.

Then you have the option of teaching both a defence skill; either Strong or Protect or both if you dare to remove Pounce from monkey and Claw from phoenix (removing Pounce on phoenix would be a bad move to me)).

Third thing to consider is the venomancer's gear. The better gear they have, the better defences the pet will have obviously.

Last but not least, for those who want to absolutely build a surviving defensive pet, they could make a R8r weapon with a good defence level roll and equip it to summon their pet.

Another point is the mood; the phoenix will absolutely need a mood that has max lvl of Ghost or any level of Mind. The evolved monkey already comes with player damage reduction (5% more than what a phoenix can get precisely) so you can choose to get something else, maybe a defensive mood that raises defence a little.

In theory the monkey is indeed tankier than the phoenix but seeing as its heavily based on stuff i mentioned above, a phoenix can be pretty tanky too.

I want to invest into my pet a little more and make it tankier but I also want to buy a monkey eventually and get a R8r defence level weapon but all of this are put on the side since I better improve my own gear first hehe.

PS. for some reason pets take full damage from DoTs so the best way to kill a pet is through DoT regardless of how tanky they might be alas a lot of people are unaware of it.
  • Marengo - Lost City
    Marengo - Lost City Posts: 771 Arc User
    edited October 2013

Then you have the option of teaching both a defence skill; either Strong or Protect or both if you dare to remove Pounce from monkey and Claw from phoenix (removing Pounce on phoenix would be a bad move to me)).
    Exactly my thought, but i can't decide which of 2 buffs to prefer. Both seem necessary. I can say i strongly disliked my damage on full buffed monkey on NW b:laugh So i don't think i will keep flesh ream on it when i get it. But pounce i really like...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/elmarise
    pw art ◊ tinyurl.com/q6ca7ar ◊
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited October 2013
    Exactly my thought, but i can't decide which of 2 buffs to prefer. Both seem necessary. I can say i strongly disliked my damage on full buffed monkey on NW b:laugh So i don't think i will keep flesh ream on it when i get it. But pounce i really like...

Game husband (aka the OP of this thread) decided to go for Protect because casters are very popular these days due to the purify weapon and whatnot. Melees also need to get close to the pet so you can always call the pet back if they are hitting it.

There are archers though...b:surrender

It would come down to what you fight most frequently perhaps...or just toss a coin and let fate decide!
    edited October 2013
    *scouts on Foxsgurl's videos* I will find the weakness! >:3 Tho I havent had too much time to actually look at videos, I only gotten to see a few of the videos so far. And on what Ive seen its a bit hard to really say anything ^^* What Ive seen is usually given fights, but Ill look at more of the footage instead :3

@Desdi: Always got trouble "judging" TW videos in general, cause I end up looking at everything else :x But maybe you could tell a bit bout the fightning parts in it? c:

I uploaded one more video where I just couldnt win, but there n then it sure felt hectic b:shutup

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5IXECIDZric&feature=youtu.be

I know I forget to bramble the barb, tbh I was so much on "fire" I was actually trying to kill him :x

• Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited October 2013
    *scouts on Foxsgurl's videos* I will find the weakness! >:3 Tho I havent had too much time to actually look at videos, I only gotten to see a few of the videos so far. And on what Ive seen its a bit hard to really say anything ^^* What Ive seen is usually given fights, but Ill look at more of the footage instead :3

@Desdi: Always got trouble "judging" TW videos in general, cause I end up looking at everything else :x But maybe you could tell a bit bout the fightning parts in it? c:

I uploaded one more video where I just couldnt win, but there n then it sure felt hectic b:shutup

I know I forget to bramble the barb, tbh I was so much on "fire" I was actually trying to kill him :x

Seems like you had some intense fights there! I still hope to NW some day so I can try out those new maps. I haven't been able to participate since before they added new maps b:cry

There weren't any special fights in my recent TW video to be honest, it was mostly running around debuffing/CCing but I got to kill some people too /o/
  • FoxsGurl - Dreamweaver
    FoxsGurl - Dreamweaver Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited October 2013

f:cute Any comments are welcome, would love feed back from other venos in any area of pvp :)
    edited October 2013
    @Desdi: Reason I kinda ask is cause TW is an arena where not only your class decides whats "good or bad". But also the assigned roles and scenario that decides. If youre aupposed to support a cata squad, and runs off to the vanguard to pew pew instead youre usually not doing a good job, regardless of how well you kill things :3 Thats generally why I asked if youd wanna tell more so if you want to, I could gice you feedbqck on what I see c:

@Foxsgurl: Ill try make some time tomorrow to look thru your vids c:

• Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited October 2013
    @Desdi: Reason I kinda ask is cause TW is an arena where not only your class decides whats "good or bad". But also the assigned roles and scenario that decides. If youre aupposed to support a cata squad, and runs off to the vanguard to pew pew instead youre usually not doing a good job, regardless of how well you kill things :3 Thats generally why I asked if youd wanna tell more so if you want to, I could gice you feedbqck on what I see c:

@Foxsgurl: Ill try make some time tomorrow to look thru your vids c:

Mhm makes sense. I usually..actually scratch that..always lead defence squads so my squad's job is taking care of catas and healers (and whatever else) but if there's no catapult around then I switch to general defence of base. It is very rare that I get to see enemy's base unless we manage to break through their offence and faction does a push offence and defence squads together.

Sometimes my squad priorities are switched but in that TW i was basically on catapult and clearing base mostly.

I haven't checked foxsgurl channel yet but I'll see if i can give some feedback xD
    edited October 2013
    @Foxsgurl: I seen a few more videos now (for some reason your latest uploads are very slow to buffer for me and just grinds to a stop 1/3 out.) And I just dunno exactly what to say :3 From what I have seen (not seen all your vids but some) is that you barely take use of fox form and at some points; debuffs n pets. But then again you rarely seem to actually need them. Wich also makes me wonder if you mostly meet people that is a bit under your league :x The part bout mostly being given fights sort of stands. But ill try look at more vids, perhaps its my poor net thats making the new ones not load :s

Other than that; Id say to take more use of your fluffy form :3

• Marengo - Lost City
    Marengo - Lost City Posts: 771 Arc User
    edited October 2013

Not bad, a question tho: do you use bewitch skill? Didn't see it in other your vids either. I consider it to be the one of the most useful skills in fight =)

No decent fights in world lately, so, NW

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7nUY1umnhk&feature=youtu.be

Always wanted to try to solo a land :D Though 30 were too many b:chuckle

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/elmarise
    pw art ◊ tinyurl.com/q6ca7ar ◊
    edited October 2013
    I uhm.. miss 1k prestige to get it x: