Cleric Aggro Guide

2»

Comments

• rdade
    rdade Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Best heal, Ironheart...always. Even at high lvls it has a low cooldown and it stacks. ALL clerics should know this.
  • d1rukyokaa
    d1rukyokaa Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I'm a lvl60 cleric and I still feel newby x__x Now I found the reason lol
    I soooo wish I have read this since the beginning nice one!
  • rosecoloredlense
    rosecoloredlense Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I'm a newbie cleric and (somewhat) newbie mmorpg player. (I HAVE played them before, but it's been a looong time.)

Anyways, this if a very useful guide and thanks so much for posting it! b:pleased
  • Evryn - Morai
    Evryn - Morai Posts: 1,437 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    rdade wrote: »
    Best heal, Ironheart...always. Even at high lvls it has a low cooldown and it stacks. ALL clerics should know this.

For single target, yes. Chromatic Healbeam after an AOE hits your party is more efficient then casting 5+ Iron Hearts. But stacking/spamming Iron Heart on your main tank to keep it in one piece is the best way to keep it alive - even if you have to do something else for a few moments (such as Chromatic or Purify) you'll still have a lingering effect from the IH's you cast beforehand.
    I'm so P.R.O... I Press Respawn Often.

Ulsyr 103/103/104 BM. Working on the last R9 part (Axe).
    Khelvan 103/103/103 LA Cler. LA? LA. Deal with it.
    Evryn 103/102/101 Sagely Mystical Myst of Mystiness.
    Gromth 102/102/102 Sage Panda.
    StoneSnake - Snakeshop for everyone's common stones.
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    For single target, yes. Chromatic Healbeam after an AOE hits your party is more efficient then casting 5+ Iron Hearts. But stacking/spamming Iron Heart on your main tank to keep it in one piece is the best way to keep it alive - even if you have to do something else for a few moments (such as Chromatic or Purify) you'll still have a lingering effect from the IH's you cast beforehand.

Not that I disagree with this, but lately it seems like the number one reason cleric's have been getting heal aggro is from chromatic healing a squad while someone is pulling.

And my technique is usually 1-3 IHs on the tank, 1 IH on anyone else who has aggro of only 1 or 2 mobs (ie. a barb pulls a group of mobs but the archer and sin have taken aggro off of a couple single targets). The beauty of IH is its often put one on and your heals for that person are covered for 15 seconds. Chromatics has its uses but if there is constant damage being dealt to the multiple people then you get stuck spamming chromatic to keep up since it has no lasting effect.

Watching which mobs one person has lured and has aggroed is simple enough. Watching what 6-10 have lured and actually aggroed is more difficult and chromatic isn't discriminate enough and will probably heal someone who hasn't aggroed the mobs. And with a 4.5 seconds cast time often people start luring new mobs while it casts and then you get heal aggro. Not saying it should be avoided, just be careful.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • Clergywoman - Raging Tide
    Clergywoman - Raging Tide Posts: 262 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    certain passive genie skills will generate aggro, also.

lets say you as cleric want to pull a "Broadblade Runner" in warsong with "Seal of the God". you cast "Seal of the God" on that mob and to regain some chi you use "Cloud Eruption" and realize instantly that it was a bad idea, because all mobs surrounding your targeted "Broadblade Runner" are suddenly on you. b:laugh
    gear and genies: mypers.pw/1.8/#145766

pan gu loves cash shoppers as much as he loathes pure farmers. that's why he cursed me with the lowest luck-index possible. my weapon needed 21 recasts for those meh adds, and the r9 ring refine ate over 10k mirages before i capitulated and orbed it from 0 to +11. you won this time pan gu! b:sad