Forge NW necklace using a bound grade 16 necklace

Kerrel - Harshlands
Kerrel - Harshlands Posts: 7 Arc User
edited September 2013 in The Crafting Nook
Hi everyone,
I wanted to craft a NW necklace ( Badge of the Cube: Defiance) using a grade 16 cube necklace ( Puzzle Cube Badge. Broken) that would be bound.

That grade 16 cube necklace will be bound cause in the porcess I would use a bound grade 14 cube necklace that will cause the final Grade 16 to be bound actually.

So i wanted to be sure that i could craft a NW necklace with that BOUND Grade 16 necklace.

I allready asked to several friends who said me that would be possible, but no one experimented it yet.

So I asked to support who answered me:
-snip-

Ok, interesting, but that would be an experience that could cost a lot of coins/farm/time.

So if anyone got the answer or has experimented it that would be helpfull.

Thanks
Post edited by Kerrel - Harshlands on

Comments

• opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited September 2013
    Moved to the Crafting Nook.

And to answer your question, the only time bound gear has ever been unable to be used for crafting an upgrade is in the case of TT gold gear where... you needed to decompose it. Seeing as you don't need to decompose the cube necklace to make the NW version, the bind status has no effect on the crafting process.

Oh and you really aren't allowed to post direct quotes from tickets and things like PMs to staff here, so that's going to get removed.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Jarkhen - Archosaur
    Jarkhen - Archosaur Posts: 990 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    OPKossy wrote: »
    And to answer your question, the only time bound gear has ever been unable to be used for crafting an upgrade is in the case of TT gold gear where... you needed to decompose it. Seeing as you don't need to decompose the cube necklace to make the NW version, the bind status has no effect on the crafting process.

^ This

And if you really need personal confirmation, I made my NW neck from a bound g16.
    Current: http://mypers.pw/1.8/#133167
    105-103-102

TW/NW Videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/Axel3200

Some people get R93 and become another cookiecutter DD, other people get R93 and get called out as serious threats. At some point, it's just not about gear anymore. - Qui
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kerrel - Harshlands
    Kerrel - Harshlands Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Thanks for your answers.